David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2020 Rd 12 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Johno »

greeneyed wrote: August 2, 2020, 11:45 am
Botman wrote: August 2, 2020, 11:28 am
Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: August 2, 2020, 11:22 am
LastRaider wrote: August 2, 2020, 7:15 am
greeneyed wrote:As for Curtis Scott sshhssing the critics... if that is indeed what he meant... I daresay he needs to score more than one try, before he gets the right to do stuff like that. In fact, I don't think think it is a good look for any NRLplayer to do be doing stuff like that. Continue to be disappointed with his outlook. Needs to pull up his socks.
I agree GE, and he was lucky it was just a knock on earlier in the game that he made too. He ran out of the Line in no mans land and got lucky as it was almost a try if the Cowboys player caught the ball. As for his antics, it’s not a Raiders thing to do
I agree too. I cringed when he did it, very poor look. Just looked like a knob.
And when are these damn kids going to get off our god damn lawns, right?! :P
Let your football do the talking. It’s an old one but a good one.

These sort of gestures to the crowd are for Addin Fonua-Blake, not Raiders players.
100% agree, has almost cemented his reputation of a tosser to me.

Hope he stands up next week....and rest of the year, even then its not a good look
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

radicalraider wrote:Hope manly bash Rith for us
First time I’ve ever seen Riff spelt that way!
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Definitely “riff”
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

The forwards were very good last night. Basically everyone got up over the 100m mark. Papalii almost 100m post contact alone. Fantastic

Ryan Sutton i think is growing into a player that has an output that matches his size. His hands can be questionable but he is developing nicely. I think he just turned 25 today ? Hes in a good place

Hudson young was fantastic too.

Middle third forwards were an issue with us at various points of the season but next year we are blessed for some options in the middle
Ron78
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs

Post by Ron78 »

BadnMean wrote:
kona_dream wrote: August 2, 2020, 6:11 am Jarrod has had a few balls lost/stripped stepping back to the inside in a try scoring situation. I know he is trying to make himself “small”. But his ball carrying arm lifts and comes away from his body. He doesn’t have good control in that position, something he needs to work on.
I actually thought the same thing- I've noticed it happen once or twice before on exactly that slice inside to get a run at the line (GF?). It's the kind of detail that absolutely would be picked up and drilled on in NFL for a ball carrier, where you have one job and absolutely must do it perfectly.

I'm not so sure it even gets picked up on by NRL coaches.
Cory Allan ripped out game against Souths earlier last year. Think it was in last 5min and would have won us the game. Croker was actually over the line too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Ron78 wrote: August 2, 2020, 2:59 pm
BadnMean wrote:
kona_dream wrote: August 2, 2020, 6:11 am Jarrod has had a few balls lost/stripped stepping back to the inside in a try scoring situation. I know he is trying to make himself “small”. But his ball carrying arm lifts and comes away from his body. He doesn’t have good control in that position, something he needs to work on.
I actually thought the same thing- I've noticed it happen once or twice before on exactly that slice inside to get a run at the line (GF?). It's the kind of detail that absolutely would be picked up and drilled on in NFL for a ball carrier, where you have one job and absolutely must do it perfectly.

Cory Allan ripped out game against Souths earlier last year. Think it was in last 5min and would have won us the game. Croker was actually over the line too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That must be it.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Pete Cash wrote: August 2, 2020, 2:36 pm The forwards were very good last night. Basically everyone got up over the 100m mark. Papalii almost 100m post contact alone. Fantastic

Ryan Sutton i think is growing into a player that has an output that matches his size. His hands can be questionable but he is developing nicely. I think he just turned 25 today ? Hes in a good place

Hudson young was fantastic too.

Middle third forwards were an issue with us at various points of the season but next year we are blessed for some options in the middle
There's going to be some real competition there next year.

Papa, Lui, Guler, Hors, Tarps, Young, Sutton, James. That's 8 good players into 6 middle spots (starting and bench).

That's assuming Sia hangs them up, CHN is an edge and Havili in a separate utility category. Otherwise it's even more crowded.

That pack should be versatile enough to cope with any rule tweaks as well. Pretty good mix of age, shapes and play styles.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fans... time to vote for your favourite Green Machine players! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL 2020: Round 12 Team of the Week https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/02/rou ... -your-say/ via @NRL
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

2020 Rd 12 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Organised Chaos »

greeneyed wrote:@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders fans... time to vote for your favourite Green Machine players! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL 2020: Round 12 Team of the Week https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/02/rou ... -your-say/ via @NRL
Apparently our fullback, wingers and centres don’t rate a mention this week... on that token, have not had a lock worth a mention in NRL voting for a number of weeks, might even be this year?
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Johno wrote: August 2, 2020, 1:30 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 2, 2020, 11:45 am
Botman wrote: August 2, 2020, 11:28 am
Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: August 2, 2020, 11:22 am
LastRaider wrote: August 2, 2020, 7:15 am

I agree GE, and he was lucky it was just a knock on earlier in the game that he made too. He ran out of the Line in no mans land and got lucky as it was almost a try if the Cowboys player caught the ball. As for his antics, it’s not a Raiders thing to do
I agree too. I cringed when he did it, very poor look. Just looked like a knob.
And when are these damn kids going to get off our god damn lawns, right?! :P
Let your football do the talking. It’s an old one but a good one.

These sort of gestures to the crowd are for Addin Fonua-Blake, not Raiders players.
100% agree, has almost cemented his reputation of a tosser to me.

Hope he stands up next week....and rest of the year, even then its not a good look
🤫🤫🤫 keep carrying on ya knobs. He turned up and played well when the majority of you were saying he wasnt nrl quality.
Dont delete this GE
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Organised Chaos wrote: August 2, 2020, 7:58 pm

Apparently our fullback, wingers and centres don’t rate a mention this week... on that token, have not had a lock worth a mention in NRL voting for a number of weeks, might even be this year?
I wouldn't expect our backline to be nominated in a game we struggled for any fluency really. There were some sparkling displays in the NRL this week, as there are most weeks. There's guys breaking 5-6 tackles a game, multiple line breaks etc out there. Hardly a conspiracy. No one in our backline plated that well. Scott and Young turned in decent games- but hardly exceptional or worth writing home about.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Which locks have we played? Horsburgh, O'Donnell, Young, Tapine. Of those 4 I'd only expect Tapine to be turning up in team of the week voting and he's been spending most of his time in different roles.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL.com power rankings

5. Canberra Raiders (6)
It wasn't Canberra's best game against North Queensland and they'll know about it this week when they play Penrith. Can't see them falling any deeper than fifth or sixth as they've got so much talent, but we'll see how they go against one of the benchmark teams.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/08/03/sow ... ts-emerge/

VIDEO: Play of the Week: Bateman and Scott combine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/08 ... t-combine/

GALLERY: Raiders V Cowboys: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/08 ... v-cowboys/
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Organised Chaos »

BadnMean wrote:

I wouldn't expect our backline to be nominated in a game we struggled for any fluency really. There were some sparkling displays in the NRL this week, as there are most weeks. There's guys breaking 5-6 tackles a game, multiple line breaks etc out there. Hardly a conspiracy. No one in our backline plated that well. Scott and Young turned in decent games- but hardly exceptional or worth writing home about.
Yeah valid points, was not looking at it as a conspiracy, more the fact we are wining and have not really fielded a team in the team of the week voting. But as you mention it’s not like we blowing teams of the park with scintillating football that grabs headlines.

Fair call.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Organised Chaos wrote: August 3, 2020, 2:52 pm
BadnMean wrote:

Yeah valid points, was not looking at it as a conspiracy, more the fact we are wining and have not really fielded a team in the team of the week voting. But as you mention it’s not like we blowing teams of the park with scintillating football that grabs headlines.

Fair call.
Moot anyway. If we did have anybody nominated they wouldn't have got many votes.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Ron78 wrote: August 2, 2020, 2:59 pm
BadnMean wrote:

Coaches know this stuff, they pick it up on video review sessions. They will even discuss it in the plan for opposing players each week, so the centre opposing Jarrod would have been told. Whether they can do this under fatigue and by instinct is another issue.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

So apparently Sutton’s destruction of Robson has gone viral in Spain, and given us some new fans

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ce522286fa
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 3, 2020, 6:19 pm So apparently Sutton’s destruction of Robson has gone viral in Spain, and given us some new fans

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ce522286fa
We welcome our new Spanish friends! :hi
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Hola.

Was a nice bit of aggression from Sutton. The kind of thing he lacked a bit of in his first stint in the team but has brought with him into his latest run of games. He's a big body- use it.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Have to say the raiders twitter/media dept are fantastic

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer