Cowboys 13+
No votes

Total votes: 20

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2020 Rd 12 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

COVID-19 injury curse could prove scientific benefits of pre-season

There's been so many injuries following the coronavirus lockdown, Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart thinks there'll be scientific studies on it. Stuart felt limited training prior to the restart might have been a factor.

"There was no way in the world I thought we'd have the injury rate that we've had," Stuart said. "You look at a lot of the contact sports and the amount of injuries that have happened, there'll be some interesting research done on it in regards to how important pre-season and the amount of weeks we have for pre-season."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart interview on ABC Canberra Grandstand:

John Bateman return. We've had him in contact the past two or three weeks, testing out the shoulder, so he's been close.

Are you as excited about the return of John Bateman as the fans are. I don't know about that, I'm not on social media. In the bubble, don't get to see many people, but I can sense the excitement in the boys. Gives the boys some experience, knowledge, they know we're a better team with John than without him. Gives the team belief and confidence.

CHN. Gives us some utility value. Can play on the edge, more left than right side, and can play in the middle. Good height and weight, big enough to play in the middle, good skill too. In today's game, being able to play off the cuff, an instinctive style in attack is very beneficial.

Good to be able to attract players like CHN more readily these days? I spoke about this yesterday. A lot it comes down to how the club is being operated. Just moved into a facility that is world class. We've got a group of good footballers, respectful to the club, a group that wants to enjoy the culture and energy we've produced. So it makes the job of attracting players easier. Impressed how CHN has enjoyed the last week with us.

Cowboys can attack from anywhere and they have a really strong forward pack. McLean back in. They forwards who can carry the ball forward and we have to be strong defensively in the middle. We need to start well, other teams that have travelled to Townsville have started slow.

CNK. Looks like he might only miss a week. He was going to fly up today, but we decided against it, to avoid six hours in a plane with the injury. We've given him a break, that allows him to put his feet up, spend some time with the family, allow the finger to recover.

Rookies impressing? The younger guys making their debut, playing their second or third game... they don't look out of place, that's the biggest compliment a coach can give them. That's what we've found with Harley last week, Kai and Semi. They're ambitious and want to play more. It's great they want to do that.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Great news on CNK.