Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott denies he is heading to Canterbury Bulldogs

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Re: Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott denies he heading to Canterbury Bulldogs

Post by BadnMean »

Beejay wrote: July 28, 2020, 7:34 am Curtis Frank-Paul Nu'uausala Scott
Frank Paul put in at least one match winning performance for us, when he tore Balmain apart for pissing him off.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott denies he heading to Canterbury Bulldogs

Post by The Nickman »

Rickmando wrote: July 28, 2020, 9:55 am Curtis, meet cannon...
I'm rolling it out and firing it up as we speak!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

BadnMean wrote: July 28, 2020, 10:08 am
Frank Paul put in at least one match winning performance for us, when he tore Balmain apart for pissing him off.
It wasnt a match winner but the chip he put in for Cotric to ice the cake against Melbourne was at least a moment for Curtis :lol:
That probably going to be his only highlight in his time here
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Reminds me of the "*league 2 player* interested in move to Real Madrid, but Real Madrid not interested".

I'm sure Curtis really wants to stay and make a fist of it in Canberra, but the feeling isn't mutual.
Up The Milk
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote: July 28, 2020, 8:25 am
Botman wrote: July 28, 2020, 8:12 am 100% agree with you both. I think he's extremely long odds to be here rd1 next year.
But i do concede that i've heard these types of things before and they've turned out to be false, so im just outline the roadmap ahead for Curtis Scott as i see it for him.
Oh yeah, but how often do you ever see this much smoke without fire? I still distinctly remember the Blake Ferguson incident where he literally up and **** off from the club, yet the majority of the forum were screaming out that it was just a "media beatup" and they were just making up lies... turned out he HAD bailed from the club, and we all know what happened there...

Hell, even the John Bateman story this year went down the same route... "Oh don't listen to Hooper, he's ALWAYS making things up"... NEL MINUTE... GOOOOOOONE.

I can't see this thing going in any other direction based on a) the rumours we've heard, 2) Scott's continued absence in an injury-ravaged lineup and iv) and probably most telling of all, Ricky Stuart's reaction in the press conference when asked about Curtis' absence.
Exactly like the Curtis Scott offseason thing. Somehow the discussion ridiculously changed into a debate on how bad the police force are at handling these issues.

The bloke needs to sort his **** out. For his own sake. Soon.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 28, 2020, 10:58 am
Botman wrote: July 28, 2020, 8:12 am 100% agree with you both. I think he's extremely long odds to be here rd1 next year.
But i do concede that i've heard these types of things before and they've turned out to be false, so im just outline the roadmap ahead for Curtis Scott as i see it for him.
Oh yeah, but how often do you ever see this much smoke without fire? I still distinctly remember the Blake Ferguson incident where he literally up and **** off from the club, yet the majority of the forum were screaming out that it was just a "media beatup" and they were just making up lies... turned out he HAD bailed from the club, and we all know what happened there...

Hell, even the John Bateman story this year went down the same route... "Oh don't listen to Hooper, he's ALWAYS making things up"... NEL MINUTE... GOOOOOOONE.

I can't see this thing going in any other direction based on a) the rumours we've heard, 2) Scott's continued absence in an injury-ravaged lineup and iv) and probably most telling of all, Ricky Stuart's reaction in the press conference when asked about Curtis' absence.
Exactly like the Curtis Scott offseason thing. Somehow the discussion ridiculously changed into a debate on how bad the police force are at handling these issues.

Yeah, absolutely ludicrous. I'm a raging drunk and I've never been tasered by police or even had them lay a hand on me in anger in all my time on the sauce.

And I HAVE spent the night in the watch-house on one occasion and been driven home by police on another!
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

There was a lot of smoke and no fire in Canberra suburbs last January.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I dont know why that debate being part of the discussion is "ridiculous" given that is exactly the claim from the Scott camp and all evidence suggests they've got a strong argument that this was not handled correctly given the police tried to plead him out on the very minor stuff only for the deal to fall over due to court fees.
Its clear at this stage the police don't believe they can make the assault charges and the counter claim from Scott that the police did not follow correct procedure have some validity to them.
Nothing ridiculous about that discussion, it was people following and commenting on the story as more information came out. Which of course doesnt absolve Scott of some pretty immature behaviour
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

BadnMean wrote: July 28, 2020, 10:08 am
Also had a good game against the Titans at Bruce in 2015 when he went made it personal against Ryan James and really went after him.

Unfortunately he carried the beef over into the next season and cost us the return game in 2016 where he took out Ryan James off the ball.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Botman wrote: July 28, 2020, 12:17 pm

I dont know why that debate being part of the discussion is "ridiculous" given that is exactly the claim from the Scott camp and all evidence suggests they've got a strong argument that this was not handled correctly given the police tried to plead him out on the very minor stuff only for the deal to fall over due to court fees.
Its clear at this stage the police don't believe they can make the assault charges and the counter claim from Scott that the police did not follow correct procedure have some validity to them.
Nothing ridiculous about that discussion, it was people following and commenting on the story as more information came out. Which of course doesnt absolve Scott of some pretty immature behaviour
Yep, I understand all of that.

I'm making the point that fans are incredibly good at deflecting the issue of players onto whoever else it was involved in the situation. It's why Todd Carney got away with so much over so many years.

Having the debate was fine. At the time I'm sure a lot of people were hoping that it would all go away if the charges were dropped. Now I'm sure many people hope the charges stick so we can sack him without compensation. That's why I'm cynical.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

I'm hoping Scott finds form against one of the lower placed teams and builds some confidence for the remainder of the season. Our recruitment obviously saw something they like about him for them to sign him. I hope he comes good and becomes a greenhouse darling.
MrPosh
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by MrPosh »

BJ wrote: July 28, 2020, 11:53 am There was a lot of smoke and no fire in Canberra suburbs last January.
Isn't there usually a two year ban for that kind of activity?
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

I confess to not watching Scott particularly closely when he was at the Storm, but the things that did catch my attention were mainly positive and my general impression of him was that he was a young player with a brightish future but needed to fill out a bit to fulfill the role a modern centre needs to play. But it was obvious that Bellamy was going through a period in the second half of last season where he was dissatisfied with the performance of his backs and switched or sacked a few players in an unsucessful attempt to remedy the situation. Scott was a casualty of Bellamys dissatisfaction. He was replaced for this season by Brenko, a player I thought might have been an assett to the Raiders.
Once Scott arrived in Canberra I thought his early performances were FAQ or thereabouts, particularly in view of the disrupted nature of the New Year (fires, smoke, training base moves and lastly coming to Police attention). Subsequently his form has gone backwards but form is temporary, ability is a longer term proposition. His form could improve.
And the smoke signals tell us that his form had better improve and soon. The Raiders squad is such that some admired and wellbeloved players are soon not going to be a part of the top 17 when most players are available. Several of them won't make the top 21. Good players want to come to the Raiders.
I think one of the unintended consequences of Covid will be a desire for young families to avoid crowded living conditions, a factor that could be to our advantage.
That is a rambling case that Scott had better pick up his socks. (and literally too, I hate this modern fashion of socks worn below the ankles.)
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Anyway not happening according to dogs CEO in smh article. No interest. He might be a mess atm but he’s our mess. I’ll be getting behind him. Kennel will obvs be devastated 😂
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canterbury Bulldogs not interested in recruiting Curtis Scott

Canterbury has no interest in Curtis Scott. Nor Josh Addo-Carr. There will be no Josh Reynolds' homecoming next year. Jack Bird would have some appeal if Brisbane tipped in north of $500,000 for next year.

"There will be no scatter-gun approach from us. The players we've been linked to, we're talking less than half of those names we've actually talked to.''

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/no-sca ... 55gbh.html
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Haha. Jack Bird and Foran will make a formidable duo on the rehab team.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Cranky Old Man wrote:I confess to not watching Scott particularly closely when he was at the Storm, but the things that did catch my attention were mainly positive and my general impression of him was that he was a young player with a brightish future but needed to fill out a bit to fulfill the role a modern centre needs to play. But it was obvious that Bellamy was going through a period in the second half of last season where he was dissatisfied with the performance of his backs and switched or sacked a few players in an unsucessful attempt to remedy the situation. Scott was a casualty of Bellamys dissatisfaction. He was replaced for this season by Brenko, a player I thought might have been an assett to the Raiders.
Once Scott arrived in Canberra I thought his early performances were FAQ or thereabouts, particularly in view of the disrupted nature of the New Year (fires, smoke, training base moves and lastly coming to Police attention). Subsequently his form has gone backwards but form is temporary, ability is a longer term proposition. His form could improve.
And the smoke signals tell us that his form had better improve and soon. The Raiders squad is such that some admired and wellbeloved players are soon not going to be a part of the top 17 when most players are available. Several of them won't make the top 21. Good players want to come to the Raiders.
I think one of the unintended consequences of Covid will be a desire for young families to avoid crowded living conditions, a factor that could be to our advantage.
That is a rambling case that Scott had better pick up his socks. (and literally too, I hate this modern fashion of socks worn below the ankles.)
socks down is only for angry bald props

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gergreg wrote: July 28, 2020, 9:13 pm Haha. Jack Bird and Foran will make a formidable duo on the rehab team.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
You would want to ensure your back up halves are decent quality.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

Cranky Old Man wrote: July 28, 2020, 5:57 pm That is a rambling case that Scott had better pick up his socks. (and literally too, I hate this modern fashion of socks worn below the ankles.)
He's pushing the socks down deliberately in the mistaken belief that the toothpicks he calls legs are attractive to the ladeeeeze...brah. He is also mistaken in thinking that he can play Rugby League, amongst other things.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I can't imagine any NRL club being interested in Scott at the point in time, and even if they were they'd only be willing to pay pennies on the dollar. I'd say it's a deliberate move to bring him back against a backline that looks like a soft touch. Let's hope it doesn't backfire.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 29, 2020, 10:53 am I can't imagine any NRL club being interested in Scott at the point in time, and even if they were they'd only be willing to pay pennies on the dollar. I'd say it's a deliberate move to bring him back against a backline that looks like a soft touch. Let's hope it doesn't backfire.
I agree Rodge. I’d rather put Smith-Shields out there on this flattest of flat decks in the hope it propels his career on from here
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Rickmando wrote: July 29, 2020, 11:28 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: July 29, 2020, 10:53 am I can't imagine any NRL club being interested in Scott at the point in time, and even if they were they'd only be willing to pay pennies on the dollar. I'd say it's a deliberate move to bring him back against a backline that looks like a soft touch. Let's hope it doesn't backfire.
I agree Rodge. I’d rather put Smith-Shields out there on this flattest of flat decks in the hope it propels his career on from here
I wonder if it’s a case of giving your old car a detail so it looks better for a trade in??
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Curtis Scott thus far has been an appalling signing.

Worse than David Howell.

I'd love to see him leave.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

+1 on the dreadful signing call.

I will be very surprised if he is here long term.

Smoke, check. Fire, check
Up The Milk
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

dubby wrote: July 29, 2020, 7:02 pm Curtis Scott thus far has been an appalling signing.

Worse than David Howell.

I'd love to see him leave.
That's going a bit far. Mind you, Elliot did suggest the Howler was due for rep honours...
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Coastalraider wrote: July 29, 2020, 6:23 pm
Rickmando wrote: July 29, 2020, 11:28 am
I wonder if it’s a case of giving your old car a detail so it looks better for a trade in??
I like the way your brain works
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’d previously mentioned that I heard that Curtis Scott was the quickest in our team (I was surprised myself). Data from the GPS systems published in the Daily Telegraph confirms this. (Note it’s a comparatively slow 33kmh highlighting we don’t have much speed).

Simonsson is the quickest over 100m.

Xavier Coates is the quickest clocked at 37kmh.
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

Scott to have his best game at club this afternoon . No errors and a try .

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: August 1, 2020, 11:04 am I’d previously mentioned that I heard that Curtis Scott was the quickest in our team (I was surprised myself). Data from the GPS systems published in the Daily Telegraph confirms this. (Note it’s a comparatively slow 33kmh highlighting we don’t have much speed).

Simonsen hit 35kph last year. Maybe he's had less opportunity to stretch out this year.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BadnMean wrote:
BJ wrote: August 1, 2020, 11:04 am I’d previously mentioned that I heard that Curtis Scott was the quickest in our team (I was surprised myself). Data from the GPS systems published in the Daily Telegraph confirms this. (Note it’s a comparatively slow 33kmh highlighting we don’t have much speed).

Simonsen hit 35kph last year. Maybe he's had less opportunity to stretch out this year.
Yes. I reckon Whiteheads been about the only player in our team in clear space this season. Our playmakers don’t tend to put people in to straight line space with short balls
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Whitehead keeps finding clear space and not getting the try :cry:

Toots n Cotric maybe have found some clear runs at times but neither will light up the pace stakes. Both probably in the "average" category for outside back speed.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

I'm assuming their only taking this GPS data from players with the ball. You can run faster without it and somebody putting in a chase can go flat strap with no impedance.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Solid game today, more of that please
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

christoraider wrote: August 1, 2020, 11:55 am Scott to have his best game at club this afternoon . No errors and a try .

Pretty close christo.

1 error, very solid effort, nothing great..but he done good.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

-PJ- wrote: August 1, 2020, 7:58 pm
christoraider wrote: August 1, 2020, 11:55 am Scott to have his best game at club this afternoon . No errors and a try .

Pretty close christo.

1 error, very solid effort, nothing great..but he done good.
2 errors. Both going for loose passes from Cowboys. Weren't bad errors.