Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott denies he is heading to Canterbury Bulldogs

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott may be heading to Canterbury Bulldogs

Post by sprintman »

Raiders666 wrote: July 26, 2020, 9:18 am
sprintman wrote: July 26, 2020, 7:24 am Check his Instagram page...
I didn't see anything
Changed it
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

What did it say
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

sprintman wrote: July 26, 2020, 9:46 am
I didn't see anything
Changed it
Was he sitting on a roof drinking cruisers?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Once we've suckered them in, we unload the dog ****
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

afgtnk wrote: July 26, 2020, 10:09 am Once we've suckered them in, we unload the dog ****
Was this from his insta???
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Re: Curtis Scott may be going to the Bulldogs

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 25, 2020, 6:12 pm If he goes, he’s unquestionably one of the worst 5 signing in raiders history.

A disastrous situation and if we can get out of it, that would probably be best for us
Why would we want to get rid of him? He's an elite player.

How do I know this? You told me...multiple times.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

afgtnk wrote: July 26, 2020, 10:09 am Once we've suckered them in, we unload the dog ****
I can't figure out if he's having a dig at the club or describing is own personal NRL strategy.
Damoni
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Too Easy

Post by Damoni »

FROG wrote:If we do release him. We should put a clause in his contract that he MUST play against us when we play against the bulldogs
Hahahaha that has to be post of the year
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

amiafish wrote: July 26, 2020, 11:07 am
Botman wrote: July 25, 2020, 6:12 pm If he goes, he’s unquestionably one of the worst 5 signing in raiders history.

A disastrous situation and if we can get out of it, that would probably be best for us

No. I told you multiple times he has the talent to be an elite player. But carry on, mate
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

FROG wrote: July 26, 2020, 7:36 am If we do release him. We should put a clause in his contract that he MUST play against us when we play against the bulldogs
Hahahaha. Brilliant.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 26, 2020, 11:33 am

No. I told you multiple times he has the talent to be an elite player. But carry on, mate
Fair enough. Not an elite player...but an elite talent. OK.

The point remains though. Why would you call him a disastrous signing if he's a player with elite talent going forward?
Why throw an elite talent to the wind? After all, he's only played a few bad games, right? Has his elite talent dissapeared along with his temporary form slump? Goodness knows we need some outside backs...we've already got him in the club...why get rid of him...surely his elite talent will reveal itself?
Butters
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Butters »

BadnMean wrote:
I can't figure out if he's having a dig at the club or describing is own personal NRL strategy.
He wrote that on Instagram?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

PROUD MEMBER OF THE CONVERSION ENTHUSIASTS
2009 Golden Boogs: McLinden Award
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Why on earth would Scott put that on Instagram, unless he's a just a huge Wolf of Wall Street fan and felt random
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

He’s recently got a new puppy, right...?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

amiafish wrote: July 26, 2020, 11:46 am

The point remains though. Why would you call him a disastrous signing if he's a player with elite talent going forward?
Why throw an elite talent to the wind? After all, he's only played a few bad games, right? Has his elite talent dissapeared along with his temporary form slump? Goodness knows we need some outside backs...we've already got him in the club...why get rid of him...surely his elite talent will reveal itself?
I don’t think it will here. I said in our discussion that I wasn’t sure he’d every get it together off the park to make good on his talent.
He’s a very immature young man it seems, we knew that coming in but it sounds like (at least based on the information about his arm injury I got) that immaturity has continued even beyond his run in with the cops

If the story is true the coach has basically given up on him and at that point, there is not any chance his talent will reveal itself here
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Northern Raider wrote: July 26, 2020, 10:07 am
sprintman wrote: July 26, 2020, 9:46 am
I didn't see anything
Changed it
Was he sitting on a roof drinking cruisers?
A bar counter with a Raiders top thrown on the floor.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: July 26, 2020, 11:57 am
amiafish wrote: July 26, 2020, 11:46 am

I don’t think it will here. I said in our discussion that I wasn’t sure he’d every get it together off the park to make good on his talent.
He’s a very immature young man it seems, we knew that coming in but it sounds like (at least based on the information about his arm injury I got) that immaturity has continued even beyond his run in with the cops

If the story is true the coach has basically given up on him and at that point, there is not any chance his talent will reveal itself here
Well, it's axiomatic that if the coach wants you gone, you're not going to be given the chance to reveal your talent. But I'm not clear on whether you think it's only his off-field behaviour that has made up Ricky's mind.

Do you think that, if his off-field behaviour was all good, that the club should have kept him on and given him a chance to reveal his elite talent? Or do you think the stinking mess he displayed in the Raiders jumper supplied sufficient evidence for Ricky to make his decision?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

It’s undoubtedly a combination of both
If he was a dick off the park and playing good footy, I think Stuart would be more inclined to keep working with him

If he was a great guy off the park, and playing poorly, I don’t think Stuart would give up on him so quickly. I think he’d persevere with him into next year and give him another shot. To answer your question directly I think that’s what the club should have and would have done if he was a good presence off the park

But when you’re playing like ****, to the point where the coach has to go to rookies who haven’t played any competitive footy in 6-8 months, and you’re causing the club problems off the park to the point the coach has stamped your papers.. well at that point whether you think he has talent or not doesn’t matter, it can only described as a disastrous signing.

I do think the culture/off field stuff is more vexing to Stuart than the on field stuff right now and I believe that is the major driver (though not the only one) in the coach giving up on him

I thought Stuart would succeed where Bellemy failed. And I couldn’t have been more wrong about that. Best at this point to move him on, take our lumps and swing again
Last edited by Botman on July 26, 2020, 12:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

The good news is that if we do offload him we actually should not have to pay his wages moving forward. We surely have the option of waiting for the court case and once he is found guilty of any charges - there many so as a minimum some of the lower ones will stick - he can be issued a breach notice and be sent packing. Whilst this has not worked out, we do have the power to address the issue and move on quickly.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Botman wrote:It’s undoubtedly a combination of both
If he was a dick off the park and playing good footy, I think Stuart would be more inclined to keep working with him

If he was a great guy off the park, and playing poorly, I don’t think Stuart would give up on him so quickly. I think he’d persevere with him into next year and give him another shot. To answer your question directly I think that’s what the club should have and would have done if he was a good presence off the park

But when you’re playing like ****, to the point where the coach has to go to rookies who haven’t played any competitive footy in 6-8 months, and you’re causing the club problems off the park to the point the coach has stamped your papers.. well at that point whether you think he has talent or not doesn’t matter, it can only described as a disastrous signing.

I do think the culture/off field stuff is more vexing to Stuart than the on field stuff right now and I believe that is the major driver (though not the only one) in the coach giving up on him

I thought Stuart would succeed where Bellemy failed. And I couldn’t have been more wrong about that. Best at this point to move him on, take our lumps and swing again
Well written, but why do some people need this explained to them? It's pretty **** basic logic.

I also find it hard to believe that the dogs want him. They've just signed Cotric to go with Hoppa, DWZ, Smith. How many 3/4s do they need?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

If he is on $400k for the next two years and Storm are chipping in $200k this year. And we chip in $100k this year and $200k next year.

It is a risk that many clubs would be willing to take. If Suli can find form at Manly after being sacked from two clubs then someone will be willing to take the risk.

If it is Dogs and they end up
1. Hopa
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Scott
5. Smith

With Okanbur and Meeney as depth it is a fair line up of outside backs.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

gergreg wrote: July 26, 2020, 1:11 pm
Botman wrote:It’s undoubtedly a combination of both

Well written, but why do some people need this explained to them? It's pretty **** basic logic.

I also find it hard to believe that the dogs want him. They've just signed Cotric to go with Hoppa, DWZ, Smith. How many 3/4s do they need?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
And Lafai...
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Hasn't really gotten any better since he was tasered has he? It was almost inevitable that this ended in tears when all that rubbish occurred during the offseason. The guy is an idiot.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

I knew I should have waited to get my Curtis Scott jersey. Damn.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Combination of poor on field displays and very poor off field drama has prompted Ricky to close the book on him.
Pretty easy decision in the end.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

He’s probably worth persevering with, imo. With Cotric going next year and Rapana getting on in years, Simonsson out for the season, we need depth in the backline and he was rated highly by the Storm so there must some quality in his game. Maybe he’s just out of form or struggling to adapt to a new environment. Would be a shame to throw him on the scrapheap after a half dozen or go games, he deserves a decent crack and if I were Ricky I’d bring him back sooner rather than later even if his attitude sucks. Can’t be good for his confidence not even making the bench. :doubt:
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

RTW wrote: July 26, 2020, 1:21 pm If he is on $400k for the next two years and Storm are chipping in $200k this year. And we chip in $100k this year and $200k next year.

It is a risk that many clubs would be willing to take. If Suli can find form at Manly after being sacked from two clubs then someone will be willing to take the risk.

1. Hopa
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Scott
5. Smith

They just got Lafai too. Add to that, they have been blooding Averillo all yr. But I'd happily take him in a swap for Scott
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I have a feeling this is just 2+2=5 stuff. They signed Cotric and Lafai they won’t be signing another centre no matter how good the deal is imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Post by Love4Noa »

julian87 wrote: July 27, 2020, 8:39 am I have a feeling this is just 2+2=5 stuff. They signed Cotric and Lafai they won’t be signing another centre no matter how good the deal is imo.
From unofficial rumours and reports, Scott won't be here much longer - and if he is, has a LOT of work to do.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Loved how Ricky was questioned in the presser about his return and had to pause to make some **** up
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Matt wrote: July 27, 2020, 8:35 am
RTW wrote: July 26, 2020, 1:21 pm If he is on $400k for the next two years and Storm are chipping in $200k this year. And we chip in $100k this year and $200k next year.

1. Hopa
2. DWZ
3. Cotric
4. Scott
5. Smith

They just got Lafai too. Add to that, they have been blooding Averillo all yr. But I'd happily take him in a swap for Scott
Lafai more a depth player these days. Has been pretty ordinary at Dragons recently, hence getting dropped. It is starting to look like over supply though having recently extended Averillo, Hoppa, DWZ and Smith. Picking up Scott as well makes little sense.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

they say he's basically free so a club like the dogs get a lotto ticket for nothing

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The result of this court case will suddenly be interesting. I suspect the club will be answering awkward questions about him until the verdict is given.

Thankfully the Storm are paying a decent share of his contract this year and next.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

raiders management trying to get curtis' old lawyer back. should make terminating his contract easier
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

simo wrote: July 27, 2020, 1:08 pm raiders management trying to get curtis' old lawyer back. should make terminating his contract easier
They called and all they could hear was a guy yelling: "These **** photocopiers! You are **** kidding me! I've cleared that tray three **** times!"