All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Re: Corey Harawira-Naera reportedly wants release to join Raiders

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Leebola wrote:
MrPosh wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:58 pm Am I the only one concerned about the impact in the match day thread of having a CHN and. CNK?

It's going to be carnage.
Hahahaha, no - I was wondering the same :lol: :lol:
We should head over to the Panthers forum and see how they’ve managed Triple banger names. They’ve had a few lately
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Dogs forum is hilarious at the moment, they seem to think they are getting half our squad!
Yep leave the raiders to get the finals off every year :)

In terms of Corey I would be happy to give him a go, I think he got caught up in the oknburg stuff.
What he did may not have been classy but it wasn't illegal or against the club
He didn't pick the girl up or meet her first at a school visit

And leave Dane alone he is an angel 😇
Vaccinated
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:05 pm BJ Mole reporting CHN on a loan deal to Raiders for 2020. longer term to be potentially sorted out later.
That's be good. Sounds like they are trying to make it happen quickly then.

Probably a win all around, Raiders and CHN get a chance to see if they are a good fit each way and at least Dogs get his salary off the books.

If all goes well he might end up a long term Raider, if not at least gets to play and we get some much needed experienced depth into the squad.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 18, 2020, 6:24 pm
Leebola wrote:
MrPosh wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:58 pm Am I the only one concerned about the impact in the match day thread of having a CHN and. CNK?

It's going to be carnage.
Hahahaha, no - I was wondering the same :lol: :lol:
We should head over to the Panthers forum and see how they’ve managed Triple banger names. They’ve had a few lately
Finally this thread is tackling the real issues :lol:
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

This situation is bizarre. Hopefully his manager can negotiate a release before the trade cut-off.

It would be interesting form from the Dogs to hold onto him given they previously wanted to sack him, and he clearly doesn't want to be there anymore.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Surely Canterbury have no leg to stand on here. Imagine being able to wrongly sack someone, have them reinstated and then not letting them leave.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Northern Raider wrote:
Botman wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:14 pm
BJ wrote: July 18, 2020, 5:05 pm BJ Mole reporting CHN on a loan deal to Raiders for 2020. longer term to be potentially sorted out later.
What's his strike rate these days? He blocked me on twitter a few years when i cracked a joke about him reporting the Cronk decision was down to one of 4 clubs... None of which was the Roosters

He took a punt on 25% of the league and managed to miss! Apparently he didnt like my joke and blocked me :lol:
BJ Mole isn't on Twitter but if he was he'd block nobody.

As for his strike rate. It's recently crept up to 10%
Thanks for the compliment. Still batting a solid 9% above the RLW Mole.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

cat wrote: July 18, 2020, 6:34 pm Dogs forum is hilarious at the moment, they seem to think they are getting half our squad!
They're telling us on Twitter that the Raiders must pay the Bulldogs a transfer fee... even though transfer fees are illegal in Australia, as a restraint of trade.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Problem if he leaves, he will forfeit any salary with them, what do we have in the bank to pay CHN now for the rest of 2020 ?
I'll chip in $700 from my business, I'll even find a green paper bag for it
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

greeneyed wrote: July 18, 2020, 7:56 pm
cat wrote: July 18, 2020, 6:34 pm Dogs forum is hilarious at the moment, they seem to think they are getting half our squad!
They're telling us on Twitter that the Raiders must pay the Bulldogs a transfer fee... even though transfer fees are illegal in Australia, as a restraint of trade.
As if we would even fall for the old transfer fee chestnut again... last one cost a bit...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Trent Barrett can convince disgruntled star Corey Harawira-Naera at Bulldogs

Only the appointment of Trent Barrett as coach of the Canterbury Bulldogs this week can save New Zealand second-rower Corey Harawira-Naera from walking out on the club. Barrett brought both him to Penrith in 2014.

“He loved playing under Trent and they’ve always stayed in touch,” Harawira-Naera’s manager Darryl Mather said. “The fallout has been astronomical. Having Trent there as a coach would tick one of a few boxes that need to be ticked.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 5c6d9b3475
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Neeeegz wrote: July 18, 2020, 7:58 pm
greeneyed wrote: July 18, 2020, 7:56 pm
As if we would even fall for the old transfer fee chestnut again... last one cost a bit...
They really aren’t a smart bunch of people are they the Kennel? What good would a transfer fee to then be anyway? DoesN’t help their salary cap. The only thing that would be of any benefit transfer wise would be if we sent them Scott and paid part of his salary.
From media reports regarding their salary cap situation this year. If they don’t release CHN they will be over the cap. Maybe the NRL would need to take their 1 win away from them for the year.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

If he and Barrett have a good relationship I think he’ll stay.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Dusty wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:21 pm If he and Barrett have a good relationship I think he’ll stay.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Don't think he cares about the coach. He doesn't want a bar of the club. Feels they hung him out to dry. Bulldogs burnt that bridge.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t. But I would at the very least be looking for a loan agreement for this year. CHN can try and play for a premiership this year. Dog’s reduce their salary cap this year. Raiders get a good quality player free of charge for the year. Win, Win, Win.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

If bulldogs will take Scott then yeah, that's the only transfer I'd consider,
Melbourne are paying freight on his contract anyway...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

kona_dream wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:30 pm Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t. But I would at the very least be looking for a loan agreement for this year. CHN can try and play for a premiership this year. Dog’s reduce their salary cap this year. Raiders get a good quality player free of charge for the year. Win, Win, Win.
He wants out. Dogs management just need to accept that and see if another club will agree to take on his current contract. Keeping him on their books does more harm than good.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Why the **** would we send them Scott? **** me you guys are weird. Get over your insane grudge with Scott and propose who do you think we sign to replace Scott in our first grade squad? Keep in mind we just lost Simonsen for the season and Oldfield for 3 weeks.

We are literally holding all the chips and Bulldogs are holding none. We should be giving up exactly zero.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

Northern Raider wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:33 pm
kona_dream wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:30 pm Maybe he does, maybe he doesn’t. But I would at the very least be looking for a loan agreement for this year. CHN can try and play for a premiership this year. Dog’s reduce their salary cap this year. Raiders get a good quality player free of charge for the year. Win, Win, Win.
He wants out. Dogs management just need to accept that and see if another club will agree to take on his current contract. Keeping him on their books does more harm than good.
Very true. My response was in relation to the article that he has a very good relationship with Trent and that he signs on as coach then CHN would be willing to stay with the Dogs.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Calm.down champ
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Legally I think the whole - dogs have him contracted thing is a bit dicey

The dogs terminated both their contracts, yes after the nrl de registered them but still that specific contract was made nul in void

The nrl reregister them after the appeal but that doesn't automatically re- void that contract does it? Legally speaking

Yes its fair dogs get first bite at them but they could Legally offer them less?

And if the player doesn't want to sign with them then they can Legally go elsewhere unless the nrl stipulated in their punishment it was dogs this year or sit out till next..
Vaccinated
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

No, it's the same as if you got sacked and took it to fair work and won.

One of the options is to reinstate the contract, but generally the relationship has soured too much for it to be viable so a settlement is negotiated

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

Raider Azz wrote: July 18, 2020, 8:38 pm Why the **** would we send them Scott? **** me you guys are weird. Get over your insane grudge with Scott and propose who do you think we sign to replace Scott in our first grade squad? Keep in mind we just lost Simonsen for the season and Oldfield for 3 weeks.

We are literally holding all the chips and Bulldogs are holding none. We should be giving up exactly zero.

We would be giving up zero by sending him there. I’m sure we could find literally anybody playing as a rugby league back to replace him
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

-TW- wrote: July 18, 2020, 9:21 pm No, it's the same as if you got sacked and took it to fair work and won.

One of the options is to reinstate the contract, but generally the relationship has soured too much for it to be viable so a settlement is negotiated

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Cool, thanks for that

Does make it tricky for the dogs if they had replaced them on the salary cap balance
Vaccinated
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Does anyone else feel a little bit sorry for the dogs?

They made the quick decision to act and set an example. Much like we have in the past. Now, the nrl may grant him a contract at another club this very year.

Is this not basically what happened to us so many times?
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

casta66 wrote:Does anyone else feel a little bit sorry for the dogs?

They made the quick decision to act and set an example. Much like we have in the past. Now, the nrl may grant him a contract at another club this very year.

They're taking Cotric, so they can win the next 100 wooden spoons as far as I'm concerned

cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

casta66 wrote: July 18, 2020, 9:29 pm Does anyone else feel a little bit sorry for the dogs?

No because they have the option of keeping them, it's up to them if they let Corey play here this season, or they pay him from now on and he is expected to train/play with them

We didnt get the chance to control where our guys went, nrl didn't de register any of the guys we let go
Vaccinated
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by kona_dream »

casta66 wrote: July 18, 2020, 9:29 pm Does anyone else feel a little bit sorry for the dogs?

I do a little bit. I know how it feels to have to let a player go and that goes on to win a comp. I also am not a little sick and tired of over reaction to events that occur in the world just to be politically correct.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Given the information that has been released, their decision to sack CHN was a bad one. The decision to sack Okunbor appears to have been the right one. To that extent I don't feel sorry for the Dogs. I think they have handled this poorly.

Having both cases lumped in the same basket has unfortunately created significant headaches for all parties.

Anyway, the Trent Barrett thing is hilarious. How outrageous would it be for the club to quickly announce the signing of a new inexperienced coach (who would be horrifically bad for a club in their position) in a weird desperate attempt to keep a player that they actually sacked a few months ago. :lol:

You couldn't make this **** up.
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Yep there was an article yesterday from James Hooper that is really critical of the dogs handling of Corey.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Sounds like he will stay if Barrett is coach
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 19, 2020, 9:14 am Given the information that has been released, their decision to sack CHN was a bad one. The decision to sack Okunbor appears to have been the right one. To that extent I don't feel sorry for the Dogs. I think they have handled this poorly.

Having both cases lumped in the same basket has unfortunately created significant headaches for all parties.

Anyway, the Trent Barrett thing is hilarious. How outrageous would it be for the club to quickly announce the signing of a new inexperienced coach (who would be horrifically bad for a club in their position) in a weird desperate attempt to keep a player that they actually sacked a few months ago. :lol:

You couldn't make this **** up.
You make a great point.
The way they lumped both cases was ridiculous.
You could understand Corey being furious about the implications and assumptions being made about his character based on Okonbours poor behaviour.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Raiders666 wrote: July 19, 2020, 9:57 am Sounds like he will stay if Barrett is coach
He's an idiot if that's the reason he stays.

Anyway, the Dogs are a complete shambles. I don't expect this to be sorted before the trade deadline.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 19, 2020, 10:54 am
Raiders666 wrote: July 19, 2020, 9:57 am Sounds like he will stay if Barrett is coach
He's an idiot if that's the reason he stays.

Anyway, the Dogs are a complete shambles. I don't expect this to be sorted before the trade deadline.
Sound decision making has not exactly been this guys hallmark so far
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

The Kennel are veering between pinning their hopes on Barrett to keep CHN, dumping him on the sidelines to rot and releasing him to us in exchange for Tapine, Whitehead or Starling.
😂😂😂