31%

Total votes: 13

Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Re: 2020 Rd 9 V Storm: Game Day

Post by Raider47 »

gangrenous wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:39 pm
TongueFTW wrote:They scored a runaway try, a CNK brain snap, and when we had 12 men. Tough to lose that one.
And there was a 2 pointer for running into a defender... Image
That was a disgraceful call. What is Lui meant to do there? They're equally at fault there as they both make contact. You can't blame him for not just standing there and copping a fall to the ****.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Sid wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:42 pm Soooo... is the premiership window closed now or are we good for 2022?
We're not going anywhere in 2020.
Time to turn the page to 2021.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The officials were even worse than CNK tonight.

I was dumbfounded by calls they did make and more so calls they didn’t make.

Storm came out to disrupt the ruck and got away with it.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

GreenMachine wrote:Unpopular opinion: we played better with Havili in dummy half.
Crisp ball, more movement.
It’s a consolation from otherwise a pile of **** of a game.
I’m not even mad at the boys...dudded by a donkey cock ref, who I warned everyone about before kickoff.
We did, we played a lot more direct after he came on

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

-TW- wrote:
GreenMachine wrote:Unpopular opinion: we played better with Havili in dummy half.
I’m not even mad at the boys...dudded by a donkey cock ref, who I warned everyone about before kickoff.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

Yep. I forgot how good we look with Havili at dummy half.

Be interesting to see how we go when we get more troops back up front.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Bailey gone.. does that mean Scott to the bench or oldfield
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

BJ wrote:The officials were even worse than CNK tonight.

I was dumbfounded by calls they did make and more so calls they didn’t make.

Storm came out to disrupt the ruck and got away with it.
Absolutely. There was one team that should have been sin binned on many occasions, and it wasn’t the one who actually had a player binned.

The in-goal argument was astounding. Absolutely astounding.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

3 tries apiece. 2 of theirs were lucky, and don't get me started on that ridiculous penalty goal.

We were better than them. We nailed them in the forwards.

We also looked better in attack without Hodgson.

Huge game from the boys. The refereeing was a disgrace.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Guys, i know Hodgson was playing poorly and i know we kind of looked good with Havilii there... but dont fall for this trap. Don't be a prisioner of the moment.
We're not a better football team without Josh Hodgson
BJ
Steve Walters

2020 Rd 9 V Storm: Game Day

Post by BJ »

The Lui penalty for the hit off the ball happens all the time In every game without the ref calling a penalty.

Lui slowed up in the defensive line and the Storm player ran into him faster than the other way round, it wasn’t like Lui came out and made a hit on the player without the ball (which is the only time I ever see that penalised).
Last edited by BJ on July 11, 2020, 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

-TW- wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:44 pm

Yep. I agree.

Hodgo has been great, but the way he had been playing the last few games, we are better off without him (I can't believe I just said that). El central defense looks a lot better without him there too.

CNKs really bogging us down at the moment. Every sweep play just dies with him. Maybe we need to play him at center, or even wing...and move Cotric to fullback.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Botman wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:51 pm Guys, i know Hodgson was playing poorly and i know we kind of looked good with Havilii there... but dont fall for this trap. Don't be a prisioner of the moment.
Dont bother. It's been getting memed for years now.
Ezy
Brett Mullins

Post by Ezy »

**** me what a **** night.

Happy with the gritty performance. Hard to find too many more positives though.

Actually looking forward to seeing Starling get an extended run in FG.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Botman wrote:Guys, i know Hodgson was playing poorly and i know we kind of looked good with Havilii there... but dont fall for this trap. Don't be a prisioner of the moment.
100% correct.

Defensive teams will prepare and adjust for Havilli’s style of dummy half play.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Botman wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:44 pm
Sid wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:42 pm Soooo... is the premiership window closed now or are we good for 2022?
If we can retain this roster, or at least 90% of it, and pick up a decent middle forward or two, the window should remain open until at least 2023 maximum
kris-ko
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Papasaurus

Post by kris-ko »

Gutsy loss with basically everything against us. Papa/Tarps/Sutton can all play bulk minutes, and must. Needle Bateman up ASAP and we’re not done yet.
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

A horrific injury toll, covid, being an essential worker and not being able to sit on the couch every day and get paid........ What a train wreck 2020 has become.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I was hoping before the game for a gritty 6 point loss; I considered the odds of a win to be a miracle.

Haven't watched yet; long trip home and family dinner.

But **** me, Hodgo with an ACL and Bailey with a shoulder...we cannot ****ing win this year. Everytime we try and do something we get struck down.

I'm going to hate watching this replay tomorrow, aren't I.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Kryptonite wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:53 pm
Botman wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:44 pm
If we can retain this roster, or at least 90% of it, and pick up a decent middle forward or two, the window should remain open until at least 2023 maximum
Hopefully this is like 92 and helps us build some depth and unearth a couple of gems.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

BJ wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:53 pm
Botman wrote:Guys, i know Hodgson was playing poorly and i know we kind of looked good with Havilii there... but dont fall for this trap. Don't be a prisioner of the moment.
100% correct.

Defensive teams will prepare and adjust for Havilli’s style of dummy half play.
Yep, your right, without the Papali crash play we are no chance
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Flashing back to the last time we played the storm and apparently we didnt need Bateman. I have seen this discussion one million times on the GH over the years where an out of form good player gets injured and we all post a bunch of cope that his replacement will be even better and we fast forward 7 weeks and we are getting pumped every week. Its actually happened with Hodgson before
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

A lot on here have no clue as to how modern attacking football works. They are stuck in the 90's or just watch highlight reels.

Literally no one outside the GH shares the opinion on Hodgo so many on here seem to.
Last edited by edwahu on July 11, 2020, 10:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.
jimmy82
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by jimmy82 »

Old School Green wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:43 pm Gutsy effort; ref played a huge part again that sin binning was a disgrace. I hope Ricky says he expects Annesley to say what he said last week and call it a mistake. Some solace at least.
Whitehead scores it’s a different game. In normal speed that’s a try. Unfortunately Atkins is a real struggler and shat the bed, went upstairs, slowed it down to frame by frame and there you go.
Hodgo gone is an opportunity to for Wighton and Williams to now play more traditionally.
Short turnaround is good for the fact that they just have to move on. They really aimed up tonight and were under strength. Gotta step it up again next week and push. Havili and Starling get a chance and let’s see how they go.
Summed up well. Time to see how we go without Hodgson however alps missing another 5-6 first graders too now
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I apologise if I went overboard with my comments on Smith and offended anyone. I feel a bit down tonight with the result and the effort put in. And Hodgson plus Simonsson. At the end of the day, we stuffed up with the first try and Whitehead's no try. We need to be better with the little things. We aren't far behind Parra and Melbourne. But we weren't helped today by Atkins and the video ref - absolutely shocking calls. Atkins' interpretation of 6 again is a worry. He stuffed us against Manly as well.
Young is maturing. Papa strong again, Lui looked better, and Havili was good. Proud of the boys' efforts

Don't know when I'll see the Raiders lift the trophy again. 1994 is far away. It just wasn't meant to be this year - even from the off season with Scott and Bateman. Hope Cotric stays and we use the Bateman money wisely.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

In the fair dinkum stakes :
- we had enough chances in our red zone to score. This has been a issue for ages.
- hodgson injury could be the silver lining for our halves. Hodgsons choices in red zone won't be missed. Great opportunity now to change our point of attack.
- cotric moving to centre would be very significant to give our attack another dimension. However Ricky is being stubborn.
- this team has a lot of fight and heart and so should we as fans by not waving that white flag just yet.
- Jack can play left and Williams right. Starling could showcase his energy and speed too.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Botman wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:51 pm Guys, i know Hodgson was playing poorly and i know we kind of looked good with Havilii there... but dont fall for this trap. Don't be a prisioner of the moment.
Really couldn’t agree more. The reason “good clean ball” to our halves seems to work is teams over compensating and focusing on the ruck when they play us. Not only that - Hodgson is a big game player. Don’t forget his performance in the prelim last year against Souths got us home. This is a huge loss, and it’s pretty much season over. We are half the team with Hodgson our. Just as concerning is how he comes back next year, the good news is it’s on the other knee.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Pretty impressed with Lui and O'Donnell. One coming back from a long time out and one just getting his start. Both did well.
That said we can't line up this way against the roosters. The Storm carry a lot of heft on the bench whereas the roosters are playing their best 3 middles from the get go.
Last edited by zim on July 11, 2020, 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Still can't belive Whitehead bombed that try...He never does anything wrong ..massive turning point
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

edwahu wrote: July 11, 2020, 9:58 pm A lot on here have no clue as to how modern attacking football works. They are stuck in the 90's or just watch highlight reels.

Literally no one outside the GH shares the opinion so many on here seem to.
All Fox commentators have been commenting on our stuttering attack over the past few weeks. You're the only one playing this trumpet
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Our dwindling chances of going one better this year all but disappeared when Hodgson's ACL went. Yes, he hasn't been fantastic recently, but we're not winning a premiership without an in-form Josh Hodgson - we had to hope he would find form. Havili probably just isn't good enough to take us there.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

That hurts. One of those nights where just everything went wrong. What's left of our season will be destroyed by the Roosters on Thursday night.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

The loss of Hodgson is huge, no doubt about it, but it will force our halves and middles to step up and take control.

I'm OK with that. It will be a good test for the boys. I don't think our season is over at all.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Its such a rough injury toll tbh. They are all serious ones. Its just footy but we do seemed to be cursed.
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote: July 11, 2020, 8:59 pm Seriously the more Jack Wighton touches the ball the better we are in attack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't see how... George William's sparks something every time he touches it.