29%
Storm 13+
33%

Total votes: 21

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: 2020 Rd 9 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by BJ »

Hazza wrote:How can anyone here not know who Darby Medlyn is? How? He was an integral member of our nines squad this year...
Surely he’s also a character from a Jane Austin novel or the bad guy in a Midsummer Murders episode.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I just hope there is not an overreaction from Government and crowds are stopped. It is devastating news, but we need to remember that it is 3 cases and there are many measures in place to ensure social distancing at the ground.

if we were going back to full crowds this week you would have to reconsider, but the plans are in place for everyone to be apart now.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Bay53 wrote: July 8, 2020, 3:43 pm I just hope there is not an overreaction from Government and crowds are stopped. It is devastating news, but we need to remember that it is 3 cases and there are many measures in place to ensure social distancing at the ground.
Three cases who went to the busiest fresh food market in Canberra and to a very large busy shopping centre while contagious...
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

ABC news reported that less than 1500 tickets had been sold when tickets went off sale, so when you consider they were selling in the grandstands, we would be even more socially distant this week than last week.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

raiderskater wrote: July 8, 2020, 5:00 pm
Bay53 wrote: July 8, 2020, 3:43 pm I just hope there is not an overreaction from Government and crowds are stopped. It is devastating news, but we need to remember that it is 3 cases and there are many measures in place to ensure social distancing at the ground.
Three cases who went to the busiest fresh food market in Canberra and to a very large busy shopping centre while contagious...
Oh goodie! This is going to end well not!

Seriously Victoria needs to pay for this, the country is just getting back on its feet.
No gst money for you Victoria! :evil:
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Injury-ridden Canberra Raiders confident of claiming fourth straight Storm win

An injury-ridden Green Machine is searching for their fourth straight win over Melbourne, but only four clubs have achieved that feat, the Bulldogs, Broncos, Knights and Roosters.

"We've built a little bit of a battle against Melbourne. We've had a lot of tough games and had the win over them of late," Michael Oldfield said. "Going into this week, everyone is revved up and excited."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

PODCAST: Canberra Times sport: A Canberra Raiders injury curse: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0Tv6d2m44I067xkYp7nwsF

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

VIDEO: CNK and Oldfield stoked for O'Donnell: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... n-of-fans/

Raiders' Michael Oldfield ready to step up as Curtis Scott replacement: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/raiders-mi ... 97b7d87f87

Sia Soliola eating through a straw after horrific facial fracture: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/canberra-r ... 9243a4258f
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

if we were going back to full crowds this week you would have to reconsider, but the plans are in place for everyone to be apart now.
Dangerous mindset. Id much prefer to see us go back to no crowds for 2-3 weeks to ensure we are able to continue playing at home, the competition keeps going and most of all, community transmission is limited because it would be idiotic to put people at more risk just because you want to go to the footy
Dont delete this GE
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I think we should be okay. I'm confident those Victorians who thoughtfully escaped their state just before they locked down all had the Covid tracing app on their phones.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VIDEO: Hear from Canberra Raiders Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Michael Oldfield on the debut of Kai O'Donnell against the Storm and Sia Soliola's surgery today. WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/c5MU50AsDQ0

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Tickets remaining on hold until after the press conference from the ACT government tomorrow afternoon, got a feeling either those with tickets can go and no more or no crowds again :(

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... ticketing/
Vaccinated
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They won't ban crowds because of 3 cases.

If there was suddenly 100 new cases, different story.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

simo wrote:

Dangerous mindset. Id much prefer to see us go back to no crowds for 2-3 weeks to ensure we are able to continue playing at home, the competition keeps going and most of all, community transmission is limited because it would be idiotic to put people at more risk just because you want to go to the footy
Hear hear simo
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

If the professionals say no crowd then I'm disappointed but ok with that.
But I am furious with Victoria and the selfish Victorians who didn't stay home
Vaccinated
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

I'd be more than happy to go crowdless for another couple of rounds and make sure it's under control. How are we to know that those three selfish **** didn't give it to a Raiders fan at the market or at the mall, who might then all unknowing spread it in the crowd?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I’m sure the ACT Chief Health Officer will make a professional call on it. I’ll go with whatever she says. Whatever is deemed safe. They’ve done a pretty reasonable job so far. In hindsight, we were probably put at unnecessary risk in Round 1. I’m sure lessons have been learned since then. If they say no crowd, so be it.

In addition to Fyshwick Markets and Belconnen Mall...

Betty's Burgers had been due to open in the Canberra Centre on July 13. However a staff member was one of the three people in Canberra to test positive to the virus on Wednesday. The staff member was last in the restaurant on Monday: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

cat wrote: July 8, 2020, 9:34 pm If the professionals say no crowd then I'm disappointed but ok with that.
Don’t forget to direct some of that fury towards the illicit intercourse participants :evil:
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

raiderskater wrote: July 8, 2020, 10:38 pm I'd be more than happy to go crowdless for another couple of rounds and make sure it's under control. How are we to know that those three selfish **** didn't give it to a Raiders fan at the market or at the mall, who might then all unknowing spread it in the crowd?
To be fair they weren't really selfish, they just left Victoria with no symptoms at all and are now sick.

Plus Fyshwick Market patrons are not Raiders fans. Belco Mall at 12 Monday, probably not either. And I wasn't there...

After being tested for metal and explosives last Friday, they can test me to their hearts' content on Saturday and the social distancing diktats they have set in place will surely ensure that virus transmission is just about impossible except for idiots. As it is in our wider society. We need to find a balance between utter paranoia and a calm acceptance of social distancing and breathing protocols. I guess I'm trying to say that there's no need to go full on crowdless - it's just stupidly paranoid. Unless the crowd is stupid, which I didn't see last Friday. The most closely clustered people were the contracted security outside the eastern stand.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Lui_Bon wrote: July 8, 2020, 11:38 pm
raiderskater wrote: July 8, 2020, 10:38 pm I'd be more than happy to go crowdless for another couple of rounds and make sure it's under control. How are we to know that those three selfish **** didn't give it to a Raiders fan at the market or at the mall, who might then all unknowing spread it in the crowd?
To be fair they weren't really selfish, they just left Victoria with no symptoms at all and are now sick.
They were selfish. They came from known hotspots and instead of being cautious when they arrived in Canberra they chose to go to one of the busiest places in Canberra on a weekend at just about the busiest time! Then compounded it by choosing to go to a busy shopping centre on school holidays!

They didn't just nip down to the local shop to pick up a couple of things, they actively chose to go to incredibly busy places!

simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

raiderskater wrote: July 9, 2020, 9:22 am
They were selfish. They came from known hotspots and instead of being cautious when they arrived in Canberra they chose to go to one of the busiest places in Canberra on a weekend at just about the busiest time! Then compounded it by choosing to go to a busy shopping centre on school holidays!

They didn't just nip down to the local shop to pick up a couple of things, they actively chose to go to incredibly busy places!
after everything people have done to help prevent the spread, these actions are ridiculously stupid and selfish.
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

simo wrote: July 9, 2020, 9:35 am

after everything people have done to help prevent the spread, these actions are ridiculously stupid and selfish.
I'd throw in ignorant too
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
mobrulesall
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Andrew McFadden

Post by mobrulesall »

Who cares about crowds this early. Put in the effort now to contain 'rona so we can sustain larger crowds late in the season and potentially in the Finals.

Keep it at 1500 and if needed, ban crowds. In the long run, it's not worth letting a measly 6k in at a risky time.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Old School Green wrote: July 8, 2020, 11:36 pm
cat wrote: July 8, 2020, 9:34 pm If the professionals say no crowd then I'm disappointed but ok with that.
Don’t forget to direct some of that fury towards the illicit intercourse participants :evil:
Don't get me started there! How much training do you need not to sleep with those quarantined! Hello they are quarantined for a reason! :rant
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

Northern Raider wrote: July 9, 2020, 9:36 am
simo wrote: July 9, 2020, 9:35 am

I'd throw in ignorant too
They were told not to come, to stay put. The only reason the boarders were not shut was because of business and its a huge expensive task
They were stupid and selfish, maybe jealous of what the rest of us had achieved.
They weren't ignorant, they knew the risk and knew they were not supposed to come, they wanted to escape lockdown and harsher restrictions then we have.

And now we could all potentially pay, both financially and with restrictions back on in NSW and the ACT
Vaccinated
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Interesting that only 1500 tickets had been sold to date.

I've got mine and feel quite safe going along. I didn't go to last Friday's game though, so not sure how the social distancing thing played out in practice.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

It's a tricky thing to manage. The Victorian XXX Hotel Security and Gigolo Service (TM) stuff-up goes to show that all of these policies are there to account for the lowest common denominator, not the majority of people who are doing the right thing.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 9, 2020, 2:56 pm Interesting that only 1500 tickets had been sold to date.

I've got mine and feel quite safe going along. I didn't go to last Friday's game though, so not sure how the social distancing thing played out in practice.
It was actually less than 1500, there are still a few more to go on sale at 4pm. I was there last week and from what I saw everyone followed the rules to the letter.

I think people realise that if they don't do the right thing they can ruin it for everyone.

I will give you one tip though - with hardly anyone there and everyone spaced out - it is colder than ever!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Return of coronavirus keeps NRL crowds capped at 1500 at Canberra Stadium

The return of the coronavirus to the capital has forced the ACT government to limit the crowd at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night to 1500 for the Canberra Raiders clash with the Melbourne Storm.

"We've already sold what we can [for this week's game against Melbourne] so that will be the end of it. It's still members only, so I think we've handled it okay. We'll plan ahead hopefully for more for the Souths game but we'll see how we go," Raiders CEO Don Furner said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league ... -c-1155938

Following on from today’s advice from the ACT Chief Health Officer, the Raiders v Storm match on Saturday night will remain with a capacity crowd of 1500 Raiders members in public seating: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... ticketing/

VIDEO: Jamie Soward and Matthew Elliott take an in-depth look at the game of the round as Canberra Raiders host Melbourne Storm: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/09/rai ... --round-9/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Storm: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=34111

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/07 ... s-v-storm/

Kimmorley: Injuries to forwards could send Raiders backwards: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/07/09/kim ... backwards/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Bay53 wrote: July 9, 2020, 3:35 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: July 9, 2020, 2:56 pm Interesting that only 1500 tickets had been sold to date.

It was actually less than 1500, there are still a few more to go on sale at 4pm. I was there last week and from what I saw everyone followed the rules to the letter.

I think people realise that if they don't do the right thing they can ruin it for everyone.

I will give you one tip though - with hardly anyone there and everyone spaced out - it is colder than ever!!
Thank you! I might bring a COVID safe sleeping bag as a precaution.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 9, 2020, 5:13 pm
Bay53 wrote: July 9, 2020, 3:35 pm

Thank you! I might bring a COVID safe sleeping bag as a precaution.
Not sure if you are joking, but if not Just be careful with that, there are different restrictions as to what you can bring in. I believe you can bring a blanket but you might need to unfold it to security.
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

I was there last week and stopped to look at my phone and was quickly pounced on and told to move on.
Meanwhile 2 rows ahead of us (we were sitting apart) there were 4 blojes sitting right next to each other drinking like there was no tomorrow.
So some double standards 😕
Mercury
Simon Woolford

Post by Mercury »

To clarify I'm talking about the seating not the drinking. Couldn't give a rats **** that they were getting pissed.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Mercury wrote: July 9, 2020, 8:37 pm I was there last week and stopped to look at my phone and was quickly pounced on and told to move on.
Meanwhile 2 rows ahead of us (we were sitting apart) there were 4 blojes sitting right next to each other drinking like there was no tomorrow.
Should have said you were checking your Covid safe app was active.

I think we are seeing more than ever that the actions of many private security guards in many different situations can be questionable at best.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Mercury wrote: July 9, 2020, 8:37 pm I was there last week and stopped to look at my phone and was quickly pounced on and told to move on.
My two seats were 4 places apart. We cheated and snuck one closer (personally, I like the drink holders - see whinge about Melbourne...). But on Wednesday the seats I got for tomorrow are adjacent. I also spoke to other patrons from less than 1.5 meters. That said i think it's all about basic social distancing. Seems to be working.
Mercury
Simon Woolford

Post by Mercury »

Good tip about the app 😂 I don't have a problem about social distancing apart from IT SUCKS!!!!
It was more about over zealous security nitwits.
Whatever. I'll cross the River Styx to see us win the premiership.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

I got lucky and grabbed one of the remaining tickets at 4pm as I’m in town for school holidays, thought I’d have to wait longer for my first 2020 raiders game!