23%
Sea Eagles 13+
23%

Total votes: 13

pacman
Jason Croker

Re: 2020 Rd 6 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by pacman »

This is quickly turning into as disappointing a season as 2017.

Scott HAS to go and the entire team needs some mental change. I really don't know what the answer is. I wouldn't give a single player a player point today except maybe papalii? Sad times.

Tipping eels next week. Praying they prove me wrong and instill some confidence in the fans again.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Azza wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:00 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: June 21, 2020, 5:59 pm
julian87 wrote: June 21, 2020, 5:53 pm It’s a hard pill to swallow when you realize we’re cactus 6 rounds into the season after a grand final that still gives me nightmares.
We're 4-2. Wouldn't call us cactus.

They will learn a lot from that game. Manly defended well, but we absolutely smashed them up.

Our attack just needs Hodgson to keep it simple in the middle and trust his halves with the ball. It's no coincidence that he has been all over the shop since being talked up as the best in the business.
My concern is that we're about to go into an extremely tough patch of games and it is going to take us awhile to find any sort of confidence and rhythm from the looks of things. By the time we do we could be well out of touch with the top of the ladder.
Perfect time to get focussed IMO.

Scott needs to be dropped and Hodgo needs to pull his head in with the ball, giving Williams more chance to run.

We absolutely belted Manly but gifted them field position with dumb mistakes. That stuff can be fixed.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Thank the good Lord that the green tree frogs was on Channel 9, so people of the country can see how hopeless n dumb this green washing machine is!!! Faders of old!! Parramatta by 100 next week!!! Ricky Stuart is also dumb for picking Scott every week, we might have no depth but this Scott guy is an idiot!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Pete Cash wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:01 pm Ok that wasn't very good

1. We need more bodies in motion. Forwards need to run in pairs

2. Trying to win by attrition just gets you massacred by set restarts. Stick, hodgson, Williams and Jack need to have a sit down on this tactic. It will not work in 2020. This is an issue for coach and playmakers to work out

3. We have to work out the right edge. Nobody is faultless out there. Maybe move Jack to defending on the right or swap tapine and whitehead in defence

4. I don't think we are as doomed as some here.
The bodies in motion thing has always been our issue though, I don't recall a time we ever really had that working for us.

Our issue is our attack, it's requiring them to make an unforced defensive mistake or someone to do something brilliant on a low percentage play.

Our handling for the last ten minutes was a joke too... We just didn't look like we wanted it anymore...
Last edited by Ultima on June 21, 2020, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

radicalraider wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:00 pm Hodgson - RUBBISH
SCOTT - RUBBISH
WILLIAMS - RUBBISH
RAPS - RUBBISH
HAVILI - RUBBISH
YOUNG - RUBBISH
CNK - RUBBISH
SUTTON - RUBBISH
CNK made more of the tough carries today than any other play. Not sure what your criteria is.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

It’s a joke to think any team is even close to the Roosters standard.
We are quite rubbish in attack and continue to ball watch when play shifts across the ruck.
Anyway thanks for nothing today
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Even with 14, Manly were pretty ordinary. That says A LOT about our performance.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

pacman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:04 pm This is quickly turning into as disappointing a season as 2017.

Scott HAS to go and the entire team needs some mental change. I really don't know what the answer is. I wouldn't give a single player a player point today except maybe papalii? Sad times.

Tipping eels next week. Praying they prove me wrong and instill some confidence in the fans again.
Whitehead was outstanding and Croker was fantastic with and without the ball (should have been given waaaay more chances). I thought Horsburgh started well too.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 21, 2020, 5:55 pm It's no coincidence that our attack looks completely disorganised when Hodgo overplays his hand. Our backline just needs good clean ball.
Agreed.
Get the forwards going forward then clean early ball to the backs and we will be getting closer to 2019 form.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Can't beat a 14 man team

Disgraceful

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Seamonkey
Glenn Lazarus

Post by Seamonkey »

Hard to game to watch. It may as well have been played at Brookvale considering the rubbish pitch and lopsided refereeing.

Terrible calls especially the penalty on Croker that killed momentum and Scott likely scoring and honestly today showed that in a one ref system there is a clear problem with standards on restarts.

Bateman makes a big difference in a game like this and it just seems like the team is rubbish in Sunday afternoon games. I can't actually remember a 4pm Sunday game I haven't been apprehensive watching no matter who they have played.
If you can accept losing, you cannot win.

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is

Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Bring back Mick Crawley. Throw Bateman's money at him.
Mercury
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Mercury »

If they don't turn up against Parramatta then it might not be over but it'd be on life support.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:04 pm
Azza wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:00 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: June 21, 2020, 5:59 pm
julian87 wrote: June 21, 2020, 5:53 pm It’s a hard pill to swallow when you realize we’re cactus 6 rounds into the season after a grand final that still gives me nightmares.
We're 4-2. Wouldn't call us cactus.

They will learn a lot from that game. Manly defended well, but we absolutely smashed them up.

Our attack just needs Hodgson to keep it simple in the middle and trust his halves with the ball. It's no coincidence that he has been all over the shop since being talked up as the best in the business.
My concern is that we're about to go into an extremely tough patch of games and it is going to take us awhile to find any sort of confidence and rhythm from the looks of things. By the time we do we could be well out of touch with the top of the ladder.
Perfect time to get focussed IMO.

Scott needs to be dropped and Hodgo needs to pull his head in with the ball, giving Williams more chance to run.

We absolutely belted Manly but gifted them field position with dumb mistakes. That stuff can be fixed.
I can't argue re Scott. The likes of the Roosters will give us an absolute bloodbath with our right edge atm.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I'm not in a good mood.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Who would have thought our attack would be significantly better back when we had Sezer?

Not at all blaming Williams, he is a good player, but obviously something isn't right with our structure.

A lot has to do with Hodgson IMO. He is playing utterly woeful.
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

We lose to 15 men and SCORE ONE TRY!! IF RICKY WANTS TO KEEP PLAYING THE LOYAL FRIENDLY COACH WE WILL MISS THE 8. TOP 4 IS GONE ALREADY.. HE MUST MAKE CHANGES STARTING WITH SCOTT!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Peter wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:04 pm
radicalraider wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:00 pm Hodgson - RUBBISH
SCOTT - RUBBISH
WILLIAMS - RUBBISH
RAPS - RUBBISH
HAVILI - RUBBISH
YOUNG - RUBBISH
CNK - RUBBISH
SUTTON - RUBBISH
CNK made more of the tough carries today than any other play. Not sure what your criteria is.
He murders overlaps for fun
He’s a fullback, he has to have some ball playing ability otherwise he’s going to be seen in pretty poor light
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

In no way trying to gloss over a poor performance by is but geez we copped some did calls by the ref. Biggest one was that penalty against Williams when Scott picked up the loose ball and was off to the races. Manly scored the winning try off that set.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2020 Rd 6 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

We struggle in the backline, unfortunately our centres and fullback are not strong, so we need to play to their strengths!

1. Croker is the best kick chaser in the game, he showed us this tonight. So kick to him!
2. Williams and Wighton need early ball. Someone needs to remind Hodgson that Sezer isn’t on his right anymore
3. CNK needs to follow the forwards up and look for opportunities. His strength isn’t in backline movements.
4. Papa or Horsbough on an inside line when attacking the try line is our pet play! Haven’t seen it since the Storm game!
Last edited by LastRaider on June 21, 2020, 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Horace Dove-Edwin
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson

Post by Horace Dove-Edwin »

No need to panic. We'll be playing finals.
There is time to refine our team.

I wouldn't want us firing now.

Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk

Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

Ultima wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:04 pm
Pete Cash wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:01 pm Ok that wasn't very good

1. We need more bodies in motion. Forwards need to run in pairs

2. Trying to win by attrition just gets you massacred by set restarts. Stick, hodgson, Williams and Jack need to have a sit down on this tactic. It will not work in 2020. This is an issue for coach and playmakers to work out

3. We have to work out the right edge. Nobody is faultless out there. Maybe move Jack to defending on the right or swap tapine and whitehead in defence

4. I don't think we are as doomed as some here.
The bodies in motion thing has always been our issue though, I don't recall a time we ever really had that working for us.

Our issue is our attack, it's requiring them to make an unforced defensive mistake or someone to do something brilliant on a low percentage play.

Our handling for the last ten minutes was a joke too... We just didn't look like we wanted it anymore...
Disjointed attack has been a problem too over the years.

I think when we do stuff like run the ball on the last (Good tactic last year) or kick early (Good tactic last year) to bash the opposition we end up giving up like one million set restarts

Manly had 60 percent of the ball. That hurts a sides attack because so much of the game is spent tackling. That extra 10 minutes tackling adds up with fatigue

So I think we should try and stay on the ball as much as possible. Kicking early robs us of a chance to get a set restart. This is something that stick needs to work out. The game has changed from last year
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Scott - Dumb
Hodgson- Dumb and over rated
Stuart - Dumb
Croker - Over rated
Last year seemed to be a fluke run!!! Green tree frogs!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Shano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: The dood with the boofy hair

Post by Shano »

A really pathetic effort, disappointed
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Horace Dove-Edwin wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:15 pm No need to panic. We'll be playing finals.
There is time to refine our team.

I wouldn't want us firing now.
Sent from my Mi A3 using Tapatalk
I generally agree with this
My problem is I’m seeing some things in this team that can’t be fixed and are a very real chance of costing us a shot at the title when we do get to finals footy
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

I see some of the Facebook crowd have made their way over to the main forum.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:03 pm
-PJ- wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:02 pm Manly beat us for fun..

The boys were dreadful.

We haven't been in the groove since beating Melbourne, and that 2nd 40 was ugly..
I'm pretty worried now, old friend. Don't hold it against me.
I haven't been happy for a month Azza.

Melbourne..win..but we fell away.
Newcastle..horrible..
Tigers..win..unconvincing..
Manly..horrible.

Very clunky, unprofessional, ugly.

PJ deserves better.
Last edited by -PJ- on June 21, 2020, 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Northern Raider wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:13 pm In no way trying to gloss over a poor performance by is but geez we copped some did calls by the ref. Biggest one was that penalty against Williams when Scott picked up the loose ball and was off to the races. Manly scored the winning try off that set.
Agree, sia is on report for what?
Many a time we should have got a restart and they got plenty
Penalty count was 7-2

And the amount of " cramp" to slow the game down at the end!!!

We were not great, we need to go back to GIO, but wow did Manly get a helping hand all game!

Manly push the rules and frustrate us and get away with it
Vaccinated
AUSTEZER
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by AUSTEZER »

Do we get Oldie back and put him in centre or Wing
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

The ref was **** today.
I don’t know how you get such a disparity in the ruck interpretation.
But we shat the bed hard.
Offered nothing in attack.
Hodgson plays like he has super glue on his fingers.
Our ball watching on the right side is laughable.
Doesn’t matter anyway. We don’t have the step up to match the Roosters at the business end...if we are even lucky to be there truth be told.
**** this **** season and this garbage draw and year.
Almost hoping COVID-19 cancels this pathetic season so I don’t pluck out what remaining hair I have on my head.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Very disheartening. Why can't we ever just have two good years in a row.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

We are diabolical. You can't dish up that garbage and expect to beat any of the decent sides. One out crap. Our attack is pathetic and predictable. A few honesty sessions required.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

afgtnk wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:17 pm I see some of the Facebook crowd have made their way over to the main forum.
Haha here they come!! :lol:

Im going to give Scott one more week, this has been as miserable a start from a raiders recruit as we've seen in years, i know most arent going to be willing to give him anymore leash, and probably fair enough too

But willing to cop Scott in the team next week for one last chance at starting his road to redemption. If i dont see some major improvements, Stuart will in my mind have no option but to move on
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Manly won the penalties 7 to 2. Not sure what rules the ref was applying today.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Ricky is not a coach who drops players for poor performance. Scott if not dropped needs to be swapped with Cotric. Another team performance that smacked of smug entitlement. We might have 4 wins but we haven't beaten a quality team his year and on today's abysmal performance we wont unless some changes are made. Hodgson is playing like he thinks everything depends on him. It doesn't; let the halves steer the team around. Losing to Manly with all their injuries is embarrassing!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023