No votes
Sea Eagles 1-12
23%
Sea Eagles 13+
23%

Total votes: 13

Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Re: 2020 Rd 6 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by Ilanraiders »

Today is a day where I’m real ashamed to be a raiders supporter, there have been games like this in the past where we have lost but this one really stings!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Just a reminder for the posters here, Manly played with 15 men from the 4th minute... they played large parts of the 2nd half with 15, having lost maybe their best player...

It shouldnt have mattered today what the referees did, if we want to be a premiership contender, we need to be putting any team who is in that situation away comfortably
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Green Taipan wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:25 pm Ricky is not a coach who drops players for poor performance. Scott if not dropped needs to be swapped with Cotric. Another team performance that smacked of smug entitlement. We might have 4 wins but we haven't beaten a quality team his year and on today's abysmal performance we wont unless some changes are made. Hodgson is playing like he thinks everything depends on him. It doesn't; let the halves steer the team around. Losing to Manly with all their injuries is embarrassing!
Only Melbourne!! The other 3 is below average
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:27 pm Just a reminder for the posters here, Manly played with 15 men from the 4th minute... they played large parts of the 2nd half with 15, having lost maybe their best player...

It shouldnt have mattered today what the referees did, if we want to be a premiership contender, we need to be putting any team who is in that situation away comfortably
Ultimately a lot of it is our own doing

As if the tip sheet doesn't say "raiders are milking cheats"
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:12 pm
Peter wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:04 pm
radicalraider wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:00 pm Hodgson - RUBBISH
SCOTT - RUBBISH
WILLIAMS - RUBBISH
RAPS - RUBBISH
HAVILI - RUBBISH
YOUNG - RUBBISH
CNK - RUBBISH
SUTTON - RUBBISH
CNK made more of the tough carries today than any other play. Not sure what your criteria is.
He murders overlaps for fun
He’s a fullback, he has to have some ball playing ability otherwise he’s going to be seen in pretty poor light
So we are critiquing players’ performances on skills they have never had? He’s not a ball playing fullback. If he is being used as one, it is on the coach.

Paul Gallen called CNK out on this last year. Nothing has changed. He’s not a Moylan or Turbo. I’d be looking at our hooker and forward pack before saying anything about CNK or Rapana today.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Manly Sea Eagles' Turbo bursts beat Canberra Raiders

Two Turbo bursts were enough for Manly to scrap their way to a 14-6 victory over the Canberra Raiders at Campbelltown Stadium on Sunday. But it will come at a cost for the Sea Eagles, who lost the aforementioned Turbo - their star fullback Tom Trbojevic (hamstring) - as well as their five-eighth Dylan Walker (ankle).

MANLY SEA EAGLES 14 (Tom Trbojevic, Tevita Funa tries; Reuben Garrick 3 goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 6 (Elliott Whitehead try; Jarrod Croker goal) at Campbelltown Stadium. Referee: Grant Atkins.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

Des Hasler's mad science over Canberra Raiders' Ricky Stuart continues

Three star players in the injury ward? No worries for Des Hasler, who continued his mad science over Ricky Stuart and posted his 17th win over the Canberra Raiders coach.

Canberra has only beaten the Sea Eagles once in the past four seasons and Hasler now holds a 17-4 winning record over Stuart.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0

Manly beat Canberra, but with Tom Trbojevic out - are their premiership hopes in tatters?

Tom Trbojevic’s troublesome hamstring has let him down again, with the Dally M Medal leader limping from the field in Manly’s gutsy 14-6 NRL win over Canberra.

After leading 12-0 at the break, they still had to fight off the Raiders in the second half with two second-rowers defending in the centres to finish the match.

MANLY SEA EAGLES 14 (T Funa T Trbojevic tries R Garrick 3 goals) defeated CANBERRA RAIDERS 6 (E Whitehead try J Croker goal) at Campbelltown Sports Stadium. Referee: Grant Atkins

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... d2758664c7

Fans blow up over ‘choppy’ Campbelltown surface after NRL stars drop like flies: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... c14aae842a

Not again! Sea Eagles lose Tommy Turbo to hamstring injury: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 13ddf1fa7f

PRESS CONFERENCES: Raiders press conference: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... nce!777140

Sea Eagles press conference: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... nce!777138

MATCH REPORT: Turbo hobbled as injury-hit Sea Eagles claw their way past Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/21/tur ... t-raiders/

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/06 ... r-raiders/

MATCH HIGHLIGHTS: Raiders v Sea Eagles: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/06/21/mat ... ea-eagles/
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The issues at right centre, the lack of ball playing out of the fullback spot and Hodgson's form slump are all going to need to addressed if we want to repeat last year and go one better.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:27 pm Just a reminder for the posters here, Manly played with 15 men from the 4th minute... they played large parts of the 2nd half with 15, having lost maybe their best player...

Yep. Not to mention missing three of their top 7 players too prior to kick off.

No excuses whatsoever.

It really feels like the sky is falling on the Raiders atm, as ridiculous as it sounds. But this should be our premiership window so I don't think it's too silly.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Peter wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:29 pm So we are critiquing players’ performances on skills they have never had? He’s not a ball playing fullback. If he is being used as one, it is on the coach.

Paul Gallen called CNK out on this last year. Nothing has changed. He’s not a Moylan or Turbo. I’d be looking at our hooker and forward pack before saying anything about CNK or Rapana today.
Yes we are. If we want to win a premiership, and i assume that you do. Then having SOME level of ball play from the fullback is a mandatory skill

Even if it's just what he did to put Croker away when we almost scored, he can not swallow the **** pill and shut down promising attacking chances. We cant win a premiership that way.
amiafish
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Past: Ricky Stuart Present: Xavier Savage

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:25 pm Im going to give Scott one more week, this has been as miserable a start from a raiders recruit as we've seen in years, i know most arent going to be willing to give him anymore leash, and probably fair enough too

But willing to cop Scott in the team next week for one last chance at starting his road to redemption. If i dont see some major improvements, Stuart will in my mind have no option but to move on
You have got to be kidding me. After all the words you typed in his defense last week, you're going to double down on your sunk costs and give him more rope to hang us with? Thank Christ you're not coaching us, mate.

How do you explain to Simmonson and Oldy that they need to sit out while Scott craters our right side defense again? How do you explain to Cotric that he needs to stay on the wing outside a guy that's slower and smaller than he is (and not skilful enough to get him the ball)? How do explain to the rest of the team that defended manfully all game that the game's gone because some skinny-legged Storm off-cut let in the only tries scored against us?

Scott is a no upside, all downside losing proposition. BJ was rocks and diamonds. Scott is just a bag full of lightweight pebbles.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

clunkity clunk clunk..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Peter wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:04 pm
radicalraider wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:00 pm Hodgson - RUBBISH
SCOTT - RUBBISH
WILLIAMS - RUBBISH
RAPS - RUBBISH
HAVILI - RUBBISH
YOUNG - RUBBISH
CNK - RUBBISH
SUTTON - RUBBISH
CNK made more of the tough carries today than any other play. Not sure what your criteria is.
What's he doing in attack.. a fb is a crucial attacking position..
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Maybe it's best neither us are coaching the team. I suspect with you, we'd have 10 changes after every loss.
Anyways, my view hasnt changed, i believe in Scott as a talent, but as i said many times last week, we dont have time to wait on him to get it together. We're 4 and 2, we're not in a do or die moment, we can afford to have some patience, but it's running out real quick.

If he cant figure it out next week, he's gotta go.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:32 pm
Peter wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:29 pm So we are critiquing players’ performances on skills they have never had? He’s not a ball playing fullback. If he is being used as one, it is on the coach.

Yes we are. If we want to win a premiership, and i assume that you do. Then having SOME level of ball play from the fullback is a mandatory skill

Even if it's just what he did to put Croker away when we almost scored, he can not swallow the **** pill and shut down promising attacking chances. We cant win a premiership that way.
I assume you know of a better ball-playing fullback waiting in the wings to replace him then? Otherwise I’m not sure what your solution is? That’s what we’ve got. A fullback who can’t pass. Once again, it’s on the coach.

We’ve also got a hooker who continuously stunts our attack through selfish play and poor decisions such as attempting to rake the ball on the 3rd and 4th tackle giving 6 again, we’ve got a centre who makes fundamental errors with and without the ball.

That performance absolutely stunk. Stuart can answer for it. The only positive, it’s early days and there is plenty of time.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:30 pm The issues at right centre, the lack of ball playing out of the fullback spot and Hodgson's form slump are all going to need to addressed if we want to repeat last year and go one better.
Agree.
The problem is how?
Do we make CNK play right centre and try BS at fullback?
Hodgson does this crap every year, you can almost set a clock to it.
I’ve defended Scott furiously but I’m eating my words at the moment.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Wow,so much woe after 2 losses in 6 games!!! Where do I start? First of all the referring was so one sided,no consistency,Manly got away with so much in the ruck it was unbelievable!!! 2nd we are still clunky in attack but we we will come good,3rd Scott is useless,always drops his first carry lol,rushes up in defence.CNK should have had a try assist if Rapa could catch and nearly another to Croker and no dropped bombs this week!! We created 4 chances and scored one.That ground is no good for attractive football.The sooner we get home the better :D
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:39 pm Maybe it's best neither us are coaching the team. I suspect with you, we'd have 10 changes after every loss.
Yeah, take the cheap shot. Scott is the only player in the current starting side I have ever said should be dropped...but nice try.

When there are other talented outside backs in the wings (and a gun outside back In Cotric that is being underused), there is no latitude to be carrying a loser like Scott. If he wants to come back, he's free to try to prove himself at training. The NRL is not the place for trying out your luck...pick the best side for goodness sake.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Peter wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:42 pm I assume you know of a better ball-playing fullback waiting in the wings to replace him then? Otherwise I’m not sure what your solution is? That’s what we’ve got. A fullback who can’t pass. Once again, it’s on the coach.

We’ve also got a hooker who continuously stunts our attack through selfish play and poor decisions such as attempting to rake the ball on the 3rd and 4th tackle giving 6 again, we’ve got a centre who makes fundamental errors with and without the ball.

That performance absolutely stunk. Stuart can answer for it. The only positive, it’s early days and there is plenty of time.
Literally any outsidr back might be a better ball playing fullback, we have options if we want to explore them.
Im not willing to do so yet, CNK is still a net positive to the team overall but it can't be ignored that his lack of ball playing is costing us dearly.
You can put that on coaching or the player, i couldnt care less who takes the blame. It's not for us here to solve those problems, we dont have that power. It's for us as fans to acknowledge it if we think it's a problem and discusss it.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

amiafish wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:45 pm
Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:39 pm Maybe it's best neither us are coaching the team. I suspect with you, we'd have 10 changes after every loss.
Yeah, take the cheap shot.
Boy you're a sensative soul. Understood. Apologies again.
Ill leave it there.
amiafish
Peter Jackson

Post by amiafish »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:46 pm
amiafish wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:45 pm
Yeah, take the cheap shot.
Boy you're a sensative soul. Understood. Apologies again.
Ill leave it there.
No problems. You can wack away all you like. I'm more than happy to pull you up whenever you play fast and loose with the facts. Have at it...my tender feelings will survive.
nodrog
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by nodrog »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:25 pm
afgtnk wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:17 pm I see some of the Facebook crowd have made their way over to the main forum.
Haha here they come!! :lol:

Im going to give Scott one more week, this has been as miserable a start from a raiders recruit as we've seen in years, i know most arent going to be willing to give him anymore leash, and probably fair enough too

But willing to cop Scott in the team next week for one last chance at starting his road to redemption. If i dont see some major improvements, Stuart will in my mind have no option but to move on
Jennings will give him a bath. You know it. Our right edge defence is miles worse than the left
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I wouldn't worry about Jennings. I was told I was made for rating him over Croker as a left centre on here last year.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

The most frustrating thing about this loss is that we did no produce ONE FALCON to really ice the performance, in years gone by McCrone, Buttress, or even Tilse would have nailed it
GMGT
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Johnny Bateman

Post by GMGT »

God some of you people are lunatics.. wanting to move charnze when he has been our beat fullback by far in God knows how long.

We were terrible tonight, we barely looked like we tried to score all night. But **** me **** dead. Let's change the whole roster after one loss by 8 points against one of the heavy weights. Forget the premierships, sack them all. Take ya back to the days of matt orford, josh Dugan and Marc **** herbert. Oh what's that you say? Josh Hodgson isn't good enough either??? Quick get on the phone to travis waddell!!!!!! Let's sign Derrick Lee while we are at it.

NOW **** OFF...
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:01 pm I wouldn't worry about Jennings. I was told I was made for rating him over Croker as a left centre on here last year.
He's looked surprisingly spry this year, turning back the clock a little bit. But he's not a better centre today than Croker, nor was he last year. He's certainly more of a worry this year than he was last.

Adrian Purtell at centre would worry Scott right now the way he's playing.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

GMGT wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:10 pm God some of you people are lunatics.. wanting to move charnze when he has been our beat fullback by far in God knows how long.

We were terrible tonight, we barely looked like we tried to score all night. But **** me **** dead. Let's change the whole roster after one loss by 8 points against one of the heavy weights. Forget the premierships, sack them all. Take ya back to the days of matt orford, josh Dugan and Marc **** herbert. Oh what's that you say? Josh Hodgson isn't good enough either??? Quick get on the phone to travis waddell!!!!!! Let's sign Derrick Lee while we are at it.

NOW **** OFF...
It's a good sign off, it cant be denied... feels like i might be owed some royalites.
GMGT
Simon Woolford

Post by GMGT »

Kryptonite wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:02 pm The most frustrating thing about this loss is that we did no produce ONE FALCON to really ice the performance, in years gone by McCrone, Buttress, or even Tilse would have nailed it
Damn thanks for reminding me. Sack papalii and bring in tilsey.. RIGHT NOW.
GMGT
Simon Woolford

Post by GMGT »

Botman wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:11 pm
GMGT wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:10 pm God some of you people are lunatics.. wanting to move charnze when he has been our beat fullback by far in God knows how long.

NOW **** OFF...
It's a good sign off, it cant be denied... feels like i might be owed some royalites.
How good does it feel? You're typing away getting your feelings out there... and then out of no where you finish it off with a NOW **** OFF and it truly brings a smile to your face. Is it your trademark?? If so, I apologize and In turn offer you royalties. I currently have some great northern's and a box of byron bay brews.. what will it be, my sir?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:01 pm I wouldn't worry about Jennings. I was told I was made for rating him over Croker as a left centre on here last year.
He's looked surprisingly spry this year, turning back the clock a little bit. But he's not a better centre today than Croker, nor was he last year. He's certainly more of a worry this year than he was last.

Adrian Purtell at centre would worry Scott right now the way he's playing.
Based on this season he's definitely outperformed Croker. He was also great for much of last season, as was Croker so that was pretty much a wash.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

How can one of the greatest halfbacks of all time be so totally incapable of coaching any type of structure or plan in attack?

This isn’t a 2020 problem, it’s been a feature throughout his Raiders coaching career. Our successful seasons saw low-percentage ad-lib stuff come off... we are experiencing the regression of the other side of the coin now - hard.

This Is combined with his unwavering loyalty to the same 17 every week, regardless of performance. The man cannot coach, he’s a fraud.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

GMGT wrote: June 21, 2020, 7:15 pm

NOW **** OFF...
How good does it feel? You're typing away getting your feelings out there... and then out of no where you finish it off with a NOW **** OFF and it truly brings a smile to your face. Is it your trademark?? If so, I apologize and In turn offer you royalties. I currently have some great northern's and a box of byron bay brews.. what will it be, my sir?
It's not quite a trademark but it is something i've traded off before, mostly for the reasons you said... its extremely satisfying :lol: :lol:
One day we can share a round and call it a day, friend :D
Ezy
Brett Mullins

Post by Ezy »

It will be good to be underdogs again next week. That loss will take a bit out of Parra and we might just pull their pants down like the knights did to us a couple of weeks ago. Then back to GIO to smash the dragons and season’s back on baby.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Our problems are much deeper than an out of form centre, but I guess he was always going to be the scapegoat.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Ilanraiders wrote: June 21, 2020, 6:16 pm Scott - Dumb
Hodgson- Dumb and over rated
Stuart - Dumb
Croker - Over rated
Last year seemed to be a fluke run!!! Green tree frogs!!
Croker? :lol:
SimplyThePest
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by SimplyThePest »

Scott should be given a spell, even if for his own sake. He’s clearly not right and it’s only being made worse by teams doubling down on him each week. Parra’s left side could completely destroy him next round.

We look a team that either doesn’t know what it’s trying to do in attack or is trying too hard. CNK is coming in for some criticism and maybe justifiably so but I’d argue we’re not giving him (or the other strike players) consistent, quality opportunities. Easts have great players and even they have go-to moves that are executed with speed and precision. We don’t seem to have any at current and it’s killing us.