We stand as one - Member options for the remainder of 2020

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Due to the 2020 NRL Premiership competition postponement and subsequent restructure, combined with Government rules still in effect which will restrict matches being played in front of live audiences, the Raiders acknowledge that we will be unable to deliver the full range of game day access rights that Access Members subscribed to.

To this end, we have developed a range of options and ask those affected to please select the option that best suits your circumstances by Monday 22 June.

You can retain your status as a 2020 Member and use the credit for the ‘unfulfilled’ components of your package by:

- Donating to the Raiders Coronavirus Recovery Fund

Keeps the funds with the Club, shows your ongoing commitment and allows you to claim a tax-deductible donation for your support.

- Membership 2021 Credit

Keeps the funds with the Club and shows your ongoing commitment.

- Reallocate funds

Request a partial refund or keep the funds with the Club by transferring your credit into a Raiders Shop voucher.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... ip-update/

Interesting one of the FAQs is regarding will we be allowed to use our tickets if crowds are allowed back, to which the answer was members would get first dibs on tickets.

VIDEO: Important 2020 Membership update: Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner outlines the options available to members for the 2020 season: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/06 ... ip-update/
Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: We stand as one - Member options for the remainder of 2020

Post by Bay53 »

The website seems to explain it well but there seems to be a screenshot of an excel spreadsheet which shows the credit for each option but it doesn’t seem to have all the categories, in particular shows the Junior not the adult amount.

I think what it does also say that if crowds are allowed back in, it will be a case of purchasing separate tickets.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Was that a little dig at Channel 9 thrown in there “you can watch the Raiders on fox”?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Doesn't appear to be a great deal of info on donating to the Recovery fund - like what does it actually go to?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

If watching the news has taught me anything it’s that all the donations go only to the RFS
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Their "how much you get back" table is laid out pretty poorly, and I'd want to know what the differences are for the Rolling Raider folks.

I'm leaning towards credit towards 2021; and I assume if for whatever disastrous reason we could not have crowds in March 2021, something else would be arranged. Normally I would say take the refund and run, but I don't think the Raiders are at risk of going under, and only having to pay two payments for next year would be a pretty sweet arrangement.

I expect more info will come out in the next day or two (in this thread if nowhere else!) so I'll bide my time - it's long way until June 22.
Last edited by raiderskater on June 1, 2020, 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

gangrenous wrote: June 1, 2020, 6:30 pm If watching the news has taught me anything it’s that all the donations go only to the RFS
:lol: :lol:
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

I'm not really interested in the shop voucher or the credit towards next year. I'm happy enough to donate money to the Recovery Fund and get a tax deduction; I assume the donation will go to "good works". Naive maybe but whatever.

What I'm interested in is what effect this has on existing seat allocations and possible ticketing for any future home games. I mention this only because the pace at which social restrictions are rolling back suggests that fan attendance at home games (at least) might be possible before the end of the season, and if it is I don't want to miss out because I cashed in my membership for a beanie. And multiply that for finals tickets!

Obviously I may be hopelessly optimistic about future lockdown things. But still I want to hold out some hope.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The way I read it is that ticketed members will have a presale for any tickets available if it gets to that point (which I'm still a bit skeptical of)

So if capacity is 5k, then most likely 5k members will be able to buy tickets. Any left over would go to the public

With distancing restrictions they won't be able to allocate seats

You'd think it would be capped at 1 or 2 per member

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

I need to email the club, it's on the to do list

But i want to check in regards to 2 memberships. So I have 2 adult tickets i pay for but obviously 1 is in another person's name

As i pay for both can i get a tax deduction for both?

And if i chose to roll it over to next year do we get to keep our seats?
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders Foundation Update - Support the Green Machine: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/06 ... n-machine/
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Oh right. I need to email the club. Must get on that.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

This new update is unrelated to memberships, it is simply about donations to the Raiders foundation.

I assume there is going to be some more information about memberships after the meeting with the ACT government on Friday.

The information that came out a few weeks ago seemed to be premised on the likelihood that we would be not be playing any home games in Canberra and if we were, there would be no crowds. Now it is seeming more likely that games will be in Canberra and there will be some crowds and perhaps by the games in August and September, 100% of members will be able to attend.

I would have thought that if you get a tax deduction for something, you then can’t be provided with a benefit later on.

On the flip side it would be a bit rich if those who had paid for a membership, then donated it to the club, were then asked to put their hand in their pocket again to attend the games they originally paid to attend.

We have already had 1 home game and there are 7 more after this week. The original membership was for 11 games. It might be a bit of a stretch to attend 8 home games as I think the tickets will need to be shared initially, but these things have changed rapidly.

You do see how it has been difficult for clubs to come up with something fair for their members whilst trying to retain revenue.
Last edited by Bay53 on June 17, 2020, 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Raiders have already made clear in their information pack that if crowds are permitted at Canberra Stadium in 2020, then you will need to buy new tickets. Preference will be given to members. The options for 2020 memberships are as outlined here: https://www.raiders.com.au/membership/u ... ip-update/

Basically, you can convert the 2020 membership to a credit for 2021 (the default if you don’t choose), you can dontate to the Foundation, or you can convert to Raiders Shop merchandise credit/get a refund. I guess it is possible they could add a credit for 2020 tickets, but that option isn't there now... and it would be unfair on those who've already selected an option.

The Raiders are unlikely to be able to simply give members their allocated seats... for example, the whole of the western side of the field might be closed to the fans, so they are isolated from the players. And social distancing will likely be required.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

It is mentioned briefly in the FAQs but no real detail - which is no surprise because at the time there was no detail to give.

Do you think people will feel aggrieved if they are asked to buy tickets again? I think for the first few games seating will be very limited and everyone will be so happy to be back, but if people have to pay say $50 for their seat for one of the final home games, when they have already paid for a membership and then donated that money to the club, do you think people will be comfortable with that?

The option regarding the 2021 membership discount seems much more easy to administer, because it talks about the "unfulfilled component" being a credit for next year. Presumably if we have for instance, 4 home games with unrestricted crowds and members can go back to their normal seats, the value of those games will come off the "unfulfilled component". (4 home games would need the restrictions to be removed by 15 August - about 2 months from now - but same applies if it was 3 games or 2 or even just the last home game).

Presumably if you took the refund you will be required to purchase new seats.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The credit goes to a 2021 membership, not 2020 seats. Not at present anyway. It is what it is. We’re experiencing a one in 100 years pandemic. The club will no doubt try and do the best thing possible for the members.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

greeneyed wrote: June 17, 2020, 9:43 pm The credit goes to a 2021 membership, not 2020 seats. Not at present anyway. It is what it is. We’re experiencing a one in 100 years pandemic. The club will no doubt try and do the best thing possible for the members.
I have no doubt the club is trying to do its best for the members in trying times - but I am sure they would be happy to reduce the credits they have to provide in 2021 if they can.