Ticketed members offered two months Kayo for $5

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sterlk
David Furner

Ticketed members offered two months Kayo for $5

Post by Sterlk »

Check your emails, folks. Disappointing that its not free, but its something at least.

Note this is the NRL on behalf of the Raiders, not the Raiders themselves.
Firstly, we want to thank you for your ongoing support of our club and continued patience through what is an unprecedented time for us all. We appreciate that you have a range of questions around the club and your Ticketed Membership. We continue to work with the NRL and other clubs on these questions. While significant impact on the season is likely, we are not yet in a position to understand exactly how it will change. Once the impact to the season is known, we will be in touch with you further around the impact on your membership.

While we wait for this to become clear, we will keep you updated on the situation and activity around your club. In recognition of your support, Kayo are providing an offer that gives you access across the weekend and over the next two months.

Ticketed Members will be able to access Kayo Basic for $5 for 2 months, ensuring you can watch NRL anytime, anywhere in Australia. To take advantage of this offer, you will need to utilise a unique, single-use code which can be activated for new, returning and existing customers.

Your unique code:

To take advantage of this as a new or returning customer, click here. Already a Kayo customer? Visit the help.Kayo site for information on how to redeem. You will need to use your unique code if you're a current Kayo customer.

We will remain in touch and continue to look for opportunities like this to provide value, which as a member, you deserve.

Regards
Your Membership Team
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Ticketed members offered 2mths Kayo for $5

Post by Botman »

Pretty solid deal.
Its not as if anyone is REALLY out of pocket, $5 is way less than the cost of attending even one game, even with a season ticket... it's making the best of bad situation
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Re: Ticketed members offered two months Kayo for $5

Post by -TW- »

Pretty smart marketing really

I reckon they'll hang onto a lot of the new members who sign up

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Would be great if some areas had access to NBN. Still woeful in some parts. Has all of canberra now been rolled out?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: March 20, 2020, 11:25 am Would be great if some areas had access to NBN. Still woeful in some parts. Has all of canberra now been rolled out?
Was rolled out many months ago in our area... but it is still not connected/switched on.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Vast majority yes

a lot of the older suburbs have cable, which is better than the nbn anyway

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

You can get 3 months Kayo for free on a trial fairly easily....
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Free trials are an option. Some people have existing subscriptions, which this boosts cheaply. Others like me already used their trail, and this is an inexpensive way to get more.

I mean, I have the NRL pass for free on my phone, but paying virtually nothing to bring it onto a big screen is a deal I'll take. The expense is so little I wouldn't even consider screwing about with methods to 'trick' Kayo into more free trial time.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Sterlk wrote: March 20, 2020, 12:03 pm Free trials are an option. Some people have existing subscriptions, which this boosts cheaply. Others like me already used their trail, and this is an inexpensive way to get more.

I mean, I have the NRL pass for free on my phone, but paying virtually nothing to bring it onto a big screen is a deal I'll take. The expense is so little I wouldn't even consider screwing about with methods to 'trick' Kayo into more free trial time.
I've used the free trial loophole via beteasy multiple times to get 3 months :D

Tomato-tamato though, $5 is not a bad deal.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-TW- wrote:Vast majority yes

a lot of the older suburbs have cable, which is better than the nbn anyway

There was a story last year that parts of southern Tuggeranong only had dialup (not even ADSL) and were still on the to do list.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Well they're purple on the map now so id say it's done.

There's a few patches left to build, mostly around Fyshwick and the new development in West belconnen

irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

Not sure if it's really true bout not being out of pocket when u pay for a family season pass but i am happy to support the club even if we don't get any more home games .. Sure members are out of pocket but members tend to be the core supporters of the club.. If they offer a refund for members I'll be saying no.. Ironically that annoys me less than taking a game to wagga.. Go figure

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I just signed up. What a bargain $5 for two months access.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I just cancelled my subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

... and there goes the neighborhood. No more NRL.

Oh well, it was only $5.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

RTW wrote: March 23, 2020, 7:22 pm I just cancelled my subscription.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Yep, a bit pointless if there's no sport to stream
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sterlk wrote:... and there goes the neighborhood. No more NRL.

Oh well, it was only $5.
They'll still show classic stuff, but yeah I'm considering canning the sports pack on my fox.. when I can actually get thru to someone

Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Anybody heard anything new about free/discounted Kayo access for when the season resumes?

It would be somewhat rude to expect ticketed members, who are locked out of games and can't use the tickets they've paid for, to pay full price to watch it on TV.

Yes, free trials remain an option, though I'm definitely interested to find out what the 'official' expectation is.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I haven't heard anything from the Raiders, TBH, though I noticed they stopped taking my membership payment.

I wonder if they're waiting to see if there's a chance they might be able to get crowds by year's end before deciding what to do with our memberships.

As for Kayo, the classic games and being able to watch a replay of my favourite games from last year has definitely been worth it.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

The email/info when the club closed was that those paying their membership in instalments wouldn't be paying anymore, those that bought single tickets, moneys were being returned via ticketek

In the last video with Don on the raiders website he once again thanked us for our support and patience and that we had not been forgotten
We are supposed to hear about packages being offered to us soon
What that looks like i don't know, I'm guessing free merch, discount/free membership for next season etc

In terms of kayo i think thats up to kayo not the NRL
Vaccinated
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

19 posts in and not one NEEDMEMBERSCODE

Sort it out GH, gg
KasparRaider
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Joe Tapine

Post by KasparRaider »

Free Kayo for two months with a slab of VB or Carlton Draught.
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

From Don Furner in an email today:
We understand the cessation of the competition and government rules still in effect have affected our ticketed members entitlements. Staff are currently working on a plan for any lost entitlements you may have occurred during this crisis. More information regarding this will be communicated within the next 2 weeks.
I didn't even know paying in installments was a thing, or maybe I momentarily take notice when it's time to review and then immediately forget because I don't do it. Full payment, one hit, every year.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's been a thing for 5+ years

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Sterlk wrote: May 21, 2020, 5:21 pm From Don Furner in an email today:
We understand the cessation of the competition and government rules still in effect have affected our ticketed members entitlements. Staff are currently working on a plan for any lost entitlements you may have occurred during this crisis. More information regarding this will be communicated within the next 2 weeks.
I didn't even know paying in installments was a thing, or maybe I momentarily take notice when it's time to review and then immediately forget because I don't do it. Full payment, one hit, every year.
For a long while it was literally the only way I could afford a membership. Brilliant initiative. I pay literally $18 per month for ten months and I get full membership benefits.

I think there were just two or three payments left for this year's membership (they start taking the payments the previous September if you opt to continue Rolling Raider).
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)