No votes
Warriors 13+
No votes

Total votes: 9

Walt Flanigan
Jason Croker

Re: 2020 Rd 2 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Walt Flanigan »

Our attack has been a bit dusty but I expected that with a lack of trial footy and blooding a new half. It’s a good sign that our defence is still there from last season.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

-PJ- wrote:
Sid wrote: March 21, 2020, 3:54 pm 2 worst teams in the comp done. Season starts next week
No...we have StMerge.

Another bog organisation..
Round 4. Our season starts round 4.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Walt Flanigan wrote: March 21, 2020, 5:06 pm Our attack has been a bit dusty but I expected that with a lack of trial footy and blooding a new half. It’s a good sign that our defence is still there from last season.
If you watch the first 3 rounds or so from last year, our team is tracking very, very similarly in terms of clunky attack, strong defence and winning games without alarm despite never really looking at all like we are playing much "great footy" just yet.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders cruise to victory against New Zealand Warriors

The Green Machine never really got out of second gear. But they didn't need to. They cruised to a 20-6 victory over the wandering New Zealand Warriors - just the second time the Canberra Raiders have won the opening two games of the season since 2005.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 20 (Elliott Whitehead, Sia Soliola, Bailey Simonsson, Curtis Scott tries; Jarrod Croker 2 goals) bt NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 6 (Kodi Nikorima penalty try; Chanel Harris-Tavita goal) at the Gold Coast. Referees: Chris Sutton, Dave Munro.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Canberra Raiders Michael Oldfield plays 50th NRL game 11 years after debut

Michael Oldfield stepped off the park, looked straight down a camera lens with a smile and put up his hands. Together they gestured the number 50. The Canberra Raiders back had been waiting for this - and he deserves to lap it up given it has taken almost 11 years to get there.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Ricky Stuart praises new Canberra Raiders defensive edge partnership

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart praised the resilience of his team and the new bond formed by right-edge duo Curtis Scott and Nick Cotric for helping the Raiders to a 20-6 win over the New Zealand Warriors.

“Him (Cotric) and Curtis have both really combined well defensively. They’re actually really formed a good relationship off the field. They’ve become good mates and that really helps when training and playing with one another so much,” Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/21/stu ... rtnership/

Aussie isolation no excuse for excess errors: Kearney: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/21/aus ... s-kearney/

Raiders make it back-to-back wins as Warriors narrowly avoid unwanted 100-year first: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 50df922308

‘Might be the benchmark in how to handle this’: Stuart hails ‘courageous’ Warriors call to save season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 75b7ef6500

Match Report: Raiders handle heat to beat travelling Warriors: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/21/rai ... -warriors/

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... -warriors/

Match Highlights: Warriors v Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/21/mat ... v-raiders/

Match Gallery: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

Press Conference: Ricky Stuart speaks after win over the Warriors: https://www.foxsports.com.au/video/leag ... nce!769875

Team song: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... team-song/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders thank Warriors for commitment to competition:
https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/21/rai ... mpetition/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yep, defence has been very good so far. The only reason the Warriors got that try was the lopsided penalty count and our ill-discipline with the ball.

Less pushed passes this week, but ball security was poor. Cotric's second try called back was a travesty. Definitely a good try.

Our defence will carry us for the first couple of rounds this season. We're yet to be really tested, but so far so good.

Cotric was outstanding this week. Back to his best.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'm genuinely hoping Rapana returns. Simo is good, but Rapa is next level when he's fit.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Very similar start to last season imo. Which bodes well.

Signs of danger in attack but clunky overall. Defense very solid. Winning games comfortably without really lookimg like we are in gear.

Yeah Simo hasn't been his best yet, a returning Rapa who was fresh and 100% woud certainly challenge or own a wing spot even over SImo's best last year.... BUT Simo's best last year was better than Rapa's best last year...
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

If Simo puts in a 3rd off performance I think he might have more than Rappa to be worried about. Gotta be putting your hand up before we start losing.
Oldfield is more than capable.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

So Cotric caught 3 forward passes today, so you think he might need to set a metre or so deeper?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

No.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Coastalraider wrote: March 21, 2020, 8:30 pm So Cotric caught 3 forward passes today, so you think he might need to set a metre or so deeper?
:hmmm Would he have caught them if he was standing deeper?

The first try disallowed was 50/50, the second one disallowed was definitely a try, IMO.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Post by Northern Raider »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2020, 8:42 pm
Coastalraider wrote: March 21, 2020, 8:30 pm So Cotric caught 3 forward passes today, so you think he might need to set a metre or so deeper?

The first try disallowed was 50/50, the second one disallowed was definitely a try, IMO.
I was ok with the first call. Reckon the 2nd call was a shocker.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Azza wrote:
T_R wrote: March 21, 2020, 3:54 pm Bank the points, move on (hopefully) to next week.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Forget it. Covid 19 expert Nicholas man said we wouldn't play this week so no chance next week.
I just had a little laugh. Let's chat again on Tuesday

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: March 21, 2020, 2:16 pm
afgtnk wrote: March 21, 2020, 2:14 pm
Botman wrote: March 21, 2020, 2:13 pm
afgtnk wrote: March 21, 2020, 2:12 pm Need to wake the **** up. Horsburgh offloads and we're there not even expecting it

The point of an offload is to give the ball to someone in better position than you
Not just dump it out the back blindly.
I thought Jack was definitely in a better position - except he was asleep. It's Horsburgh, have to be alert around him every time
Maybe he was, but Hors wouldnt have known, he wasnt looking! Just dumped it out without know who was there Haha
The big fella needs to focus on occasionally just taking a tackle and getting a good quick play the ball when we've been under the pump
There is a time and place

We're playing like **** here, time to get back to basics
Better tell Ricky, as I don't think Corey is doing this off his own bat. He's obviously playing to instruction.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

gangrenous wrote: March 21, 2020, 3:53 pm Don shaking hands on national TV. The PM banned that mate, tapping elbows please!
It's a little strange that people are tapping elbows, after coughing into them...
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

1992 wrote: March 21, 2020, 4:08 pm Even though we are playing cannon fodder, 2 points a win. Good for morale and match fitness.
The defense looks fierce and switched on.
Agree. and doing it without Bateman or the gouger. Most important GeeWilly and the right side look good. We're going along nicely.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:
Azza wrote:
T_R wrote: March 21, 2020, 3:54 pm Bank the points, move on (hopefully) to next week.

Forget it. Covid 19 expert Nicholas man said we wouldn't play this week so no chance next week.

If the world is still functioning that is

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Sid wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
Sid wrote: March 21, 2020, 3:54 pm 2 worst teams in the comp done. Season starts next week
No...we have StMerge.

And by then, the season will probably end
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
Sid wrote:
-PJ- wrote:
No...we have StMerge.

And by then, the season will probably end
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2020, 6:34 pm MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders cruise to victory against New Zealand Warriors

Match Gallery: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

Team song: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... team-song/
Updates to include galleries and team song.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: March 21, 2020, 8:42 pm

There was also another one in the first half from Scott.

It’s the old chicken /egg scenario - he wouldn’t have caught them if he was 1m back, but surely Being onside giving the inside man something to aim at means the ball travels backwards in the first place?

Take out the ‘tip on ‘ no try, as we are all fairly comfortable that doesn’t get called on most occasions and is a reflex pass. The other 2 he caught were passed directly at him, great timing etc, but the bloke was forward of his inside men by the time he received.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I think you’re right coastal.

He only got 4 tries wasn’t it in a successful team year last year right? Seems like his positioning needs a bit of work.

His tactics on a break definitely need work. He muffed a few at the end of last season with double movements and similar.

He’s doing a fantastic job. Just some stuff to improve I think.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Yeah, still a few wrinkles for Cotric to iron out. Picture how good he’ll be once that happens. :cmon
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Northern Raider wrote: March 22, 2020, 9:52 am Yeah, still a few wrinkles for Cotric to iron out. Picture how good he’ll be once that happens. :cmon
I like Cotric, but it’s hard to improve your IQ.
Will be a good Winger throughout his career
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Roaming Elliott Round 2 v Warriors: Roaming Elliott is back! This time the England international decided to interview teammates on the plane on the way back from the Gold Coast after yesterday's win over the Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... -warriors/

In the sheds: Curtis Scott: Curtis Scott spoke to Raiders TV in the sheds after the young centre scored his first try for the club in the 20-6 win over the Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... tis-scott/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Beejay wrote: March 22, 2020, 10:29 am
Northern Raider wrote: March 22, 2020, 9:52 am Yeah, still a few wrinkles for Cotric to iron out. Picture how good he’ll be once that happens. :cmon
Coaching and experience can rectify many issues. The take up rate of the individual is the main variable.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Roaming Elliott on the plane is funny this week. Put that bunch of adorable goofs on a plane together looks like it could be trouble!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Lavisshhh

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Beejay wrote: March 22, 2020, 10:29 am
?

As far as footballing IQ goes, Nick is right up there.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2020 Rd 2 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

I still can’t believe they let them go to the Gold Coast for the game, no wonder cases are taking off in Canberra now.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

T_R wrote: March 21, 2020, 9:41 pm
Azza wrote:

Why can't we chat now Ian? I knew Nicholas man would be right, I knew it! Everyone else wrote him off, not me though!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Nickman wrote: March 22, 2020, 2:56 pm I still can’t believe they let them go to the Gold Coast for the game, no wonder cases are taking off in Canberra now.
What does the Gold Coast game have to do with the cases in Canberra?

10 new cases - 8 from overseas travel, one from interstate and one from direct contact with previously infected person.

I'm not saying that it's not a concern or something to be managed - I just don't understand the link with the Raiders chartering a jet to the Gold Coast to play a game.

There is a good chance the NRL season will be postponed. I'm happy for that to be the case if it's medically the right thing to do.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on March 22, 2020, 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Nickman wrote:I still can’t believe they let them go to the Gold Coast for the game, no wonder cases are taking off in Canberra now.
What a stupid comment..

You've deadset lost the plot

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Think you’re having trouble identifying when Nickman is being tongue in cheek*

*though I am still scarred from that other week
-TW-
Mal Meninga