Total votes: 8

FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

2020 Rd 2 V Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

cat wrote:
greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:07 pm
gangrenous wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:00 pm I think we understand that perfectly.

The code is at no risk imo. The current entities, perhaps.
The code will be completely on its knees without a massive government bail out. I’m stunned you don’t seem to grasp that. I can understand some others don’t grasp it. My only reason for hope is that the government will regard the NRL as a sporting organisation that is too big to our social fabric to allow to fail.
I'm stunned you don't grasp the big picture. And also realise how much we have survived and will continue to survive.
If we disappear so does rugby, afl, soccer etc

And you can't understand why the warrior players should go home!

You are like the climate change people arguing while the country is burning!

Let us look at keeping the players and staff where they need to be- with family

Let us look at how our elderly and less mobile are coping with the supermarket fights, lets worry about the general publics mental well-being

And when the country is functioning again worry about the least important thing- money
“cat” wrote:I am not convinced this is any worse then swine, bird or A and B flu.

The difference is this time we have smart phones, Instagram, Twitter etc
So much easier to create panic
Which one is it, it’s not a big deal and the players can keep on keeping on, or it’s bad enough for players to risk their income and livelihood so they can go home and visit their family?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Re: 2020 Rd 2 V Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by cat »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:24 pm
cat wrote:
greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:07 pm

The code will be completely on its knees without a massive government bail out. I’m stunned you don’t seem to grasp that. I can understand some others don’t grasp it. My only reason for hope is that the government will regard the NRL as a sporting organisation that is too big to our social fabric to allow to fail.
I'm stunned you don't grasp the big picture. And also realise how much we have survived and will continue to survive.
If we disappear so does rugby, afl, soccer etc

And you can't understand why the warrior players should go home!

You are like the climate change people arguing while the country is burning!

Let us look at keeping the players and staff where they need to be- with family

Let us look at how our elderly and less mobile are coping with the supermarket fights, lets worry about the general publics mental well-being

And when the country is functioning again worry about the least important thing- money
“cat” wrote:I am not convinced this is any worse then swine, bird or A and B flu.

The difference is this time we have smart phones, Instagram, Twitter etc
So much easier to create panic
Which one is it, it’s not a big deal and the players can keep on keeping on, or it’s bad enough for players to risk their income and livelihood so they can go home and visit their family?
2 totally different points.

I personally don't think its any worse then swine bird etc flu HOWEVER i think with the governments ( all governments not just ours) response in closing borders, limiting activities and crowds etc players and as importantly staff should not be forced into spending what could be 6 months or more away from their families and potentially be unable to get back to them.
So its both comments, :)
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

T_R wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:20 pm
greeneyed wrote:

Huge parts of the economy are about to be on their knees. We're about to sink into a deep, dark recession - at best.

Australia has forgotten what that's like.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Sadly, I'm afraid you're right mate. My best wishes for you in dealing with it. I hope businesses like yours can get through it and are assisted too.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

That's it. The ARLC has no magic pudding to bail the clubs out of financial crisis. The Australian Government is not going to bail the code out of a financial crisis. If the entire competition simply stops for a couple of months because of a small risk someone might get sick, the impact is immense. The chances of a player, or NRL staff member getting seriously ill from this virus is minuscule.

Nobody cares less that every year a bunch of teenagers have to leave their families and not get paid for months on end, to try their luck with one of the clubs in the junior grades. Suddenly we have a situation where the first grade players may have to spend a couple of weeks away from loved ones to maintain their $5-20,000 per week salary and its seen as some sort of humanitarian crisis. It's weird.
Last edited by Seiffert82 on March 15, 2020, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

greeneyed wrote:
T_R wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:20 pm
greeneyed wrote:

Huge parts of the economy are about to be on their knees. We're about to sink into a deep, dark recession - at best.

Australia has forgotten what that's like.

Sadly, I'm afraid you're right mate. My best wishes for you in dealing with it. I hope businesses like yours can get through it and are assisted too.
Thanks verh much for the thought, but for most of us exposed to travel / international ed, this is going to be short, bloody and fatal.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The current entities are the code. Sure people might play in the back yard in a Mad Max future. You might not be concerned about the viability, solvency and the future of the Canberra Raiders... I am.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:35 pm That's it. The ARLC has no magic pudding to bail the clubs out of financial crisis. The Australian Government is not going to bail the code out of a financial crisis. If the entire competition simply stops for a couple of months because of a small risk someone might get sick, the impact is immense. The chances of a player, or NRL staff member getting seriously ill from this virus is minuscule.

Nobody cares less that every year a bunch of teenagers have to leave their families and not get paid for months on end, to try their luck with one of the clubs in the junior grades. Suddenly we have a situation where the first grade players may have to spend a couple of weeks away from loved ones to maintain their $5-20,000 per week salary and its seen as some sort of humanitarian crisis. It's weird.
Very strange, but there are a lot of illogical people in this world, I guess. They don't seem to comprehend that the future of our sport is at stake. I understand that the health and safety of people are also at stake. But while it is safe, we should keep playing the sport.

I note no one cried... "what about the families!" When the Raiders moved to the Sunshine Coast for 10 days... maybe longer due to a bit of bushfire smoke.
Swiller
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Josh Papali

Post by Swiller »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:37 pm

The current entities are the code. Sure people might play in the back yard in a Mad Max future. You might not be concerned about the viability, solvency and the future of the Canberra Raiders... I am.
Hmmm a forum that generates income through members/ advertising/ links etc. I think your only worry is nothing to talk about and a drop in revenue lol. The amount of adds that get pumped on here now compared to what it used to be like is testament to the same media beat up that gets shoved in our faces day after day after day. :thumbsdown
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Swiller wrote:

Hmmm a forum that generates income through members/ advertising/ links etc. I think your only worry is nothing to talk about and a drop in revenue lol. The amount of adds that get pumped on here now compared to what it used to be like is testament to the same media beat up that gets shoved in our faces day after day after day. :thumbsdown
Swiller, GE puts substantial amounts of his own money into keeping this site alive, and has for years. Advertising revenue is tiny by any reasonable measure.

Yoir post is ill-informed and out of line, mate.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Swiller wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:45 pm

Sorry... the forum sort of pays for itself, at present, but we don't make a profit. Not that we've ever aimed to make a profit... we roughly cover our costs or, in the rare good years like 2016, we have given back to the community in various ways.

We have implemented Google ad optimisation... and there are now more ads in different spots on the site... but that's simply a response to a significantly tougher environment, in terms of competition from other media and social media outlets. We used to be the only Raiders supporters site around... and that's no longer the case. There are Facebook pages and groups that have gone out of their way to mirror our site and that takes away from our revenue. That’s fine, they choose to compete, and some of them have and continue to reproduce our original material without attribution of any sort. They rip off stuff from our Facebook group without attribution. In any case, the Google ad optimisation for the site actually aims to minimise the ads while maximising (our declined) revenues.

Contributors have invested a lot of their own money in the site over the years. Overall, over time, we're in quite a large deficit, but for those contributions. That's OK, the contributors were simply doing that for love. But to suggest that site revenue is my personal major concern is, frankly, ridiculous.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:38 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:35 pm That's it. The ARLC has no magic pudding to bail the clubs out of financial crisis. The Australian Government is not going to bail the code out of a financial crisis. If the entire competition simply stops for a couple of months because of a small risk someone might get sick, the impact is immense. The chances of a player, or NRL staff member getting seriously ill from this virus is minuscule.

Very strange, but there are a lot of illogical people in this world. They don't seem to comprehend that the future of our sport is at stake.
Or the fact that the players and their families are already in an incredibly privileged position of being financially capable of withstanding this epidemic if they choose to be looked after by the ARL. They just need to grit their teeth for a few weeks and continue taking the advice of the experts and continue playing while they can.

My opinion is not about me feeling sad about the potential of missing a couple of months of footy. We deal with that every offseason. It's about people making sensible decisions, based on actual facts, rather than hyperbole and hysteria.

There are something like 200 known cases in Australia. Even if it's 100 times that, it'd be less than 0.1% of the population. It's almost certain that the players are going to be OK and their families are going to be OK.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

And making assumptions on what the NRL should do, based on what is happening elsewhere in the world, or in other international sporting competitions is pointless. This is Australia. We have our own unique set of circumstances and we should be making decisions based on relevant information, not what is happening in the USA or Spain or Italy or England.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Having just watched the latest from the Prime Minister talking about no more handshakes and staying 1.5 meters apart from each other, it will make it impossible to play Rugby League if the NRL adopts such spacing advice. Cruise ships banned from docking in Australia for one month then review. This would indicate a rolling measured response which will adjust as circumstances change. At this time I expect round 2 to go ahead. However if the NRL adopts the 'cruise ship' measures then the competition could be suspended for one month and then re-assessed. This has been the approach of some overseas sporting competitions.

While many people who contract Covid-19 recover, (Latest stats - People who have contracted the disease world wide = 159,623 - Deaths = 5,960 - Recovered = 75,956) the fact remains that there is no current vaccine for this version of corona virus. It seems that the elderly are most at risk particularly if they have a pre-existing respiratory condition. Follow the online advice from the Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Health Care by going to their website and search 'Corona Virus'. We will come out of this, but sensible precautions about constantly washing hands and using hand sanitiser and no more shaking hands, coughing into the elbow etc will help reduce the spread of the disease. I wish everyone well and will continue my 100% support of the Raiders regardless of decisions made about the 2020 competition.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:56 pm

Very strange, but there are a lot of illogical people in this world. They don't seem to comprehend that the future of our sport is at stake.
Or the fact that the players and their families are already in an incredibly privileged position of being financially capable of withstanding this epidemic if they choose to be looked after by the ARL. They just need to grit their teeth for a few weeks and continue taking the advice of the experts and continue playing while they can.

My opinion is not about me feeling sad about the potential of missing a couple of months of footy. We deal with that every offseason. It's about people making sensible decisions, based on actual facts, rather than hyperbole and hysteria.

There are something like 200 known cases in Australia. Even if it's 100 times that, it'd be less than 0.1% of the population. It's almost certain that the players are going to be OK and their families are going to be OK.
Its not about the players getting sick with corona , its about the bigger picture. Life goes on and the trauma, emergencies etc dont stop cause of corona virus.

What if the warrior players got stuck in Australia ( which will happen if we or NZ close the borders) and heaven forbid their child diesfrom SIDS, or gets a brain tumor? If their wife has a break down cause she is juggling the whole house for 6 months or more? Or their gran gets hit by a car and dies and they can't go to the funeral?
There is a much bigger picture here then them being able to play footy
Vaccinated
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

cat wrote:

Its not about the players getting sick with corona , its about the bigger picture. Life goes on and the trauma, emergencies etc dont stop cause of corona virus.

What if the warrior players got stuck in Australia ( which will happen if we or NZ close the borders) and heaven forbid their child diesfrom SIDS, or gets a brain tumor? If their wife has a break down cause she is juggling the whole house for 6 months or more? Or their gran gets hit by a car and dies and they can't go to the funeral?
Cat.

Tomorrow your employer sits you down and says 'sorry we can't pay your salary this week, and we don't know when we will be able to resume paying your salary'...

genuine question - how long can you last with no income?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

cat wrote: March 15, 2020, 10:05 pm

What if one of the players fractures their vertebra playing the game and becomes a paraplegic? Based on actual evidence there is probably a much higher risk of that happening than getting seriously sick from coronavirus. Doesn't stop them playing.

The NRL isn't a charity. The players don't earn their money from donations. They earn it playing the game. If they don't play the game, nobody gets paid. Maybe they should all be given the choice of foregoing 1/50th of their annual salary for every game they choose to miss. I dunno.

This is not a perfect situation. Yes, there are things absolutely more important than football. My point is about them maintaining their income and maintaining the viability of the competition beyond next month.
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by BigPapa »

Go the Raiders
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:

The current entities aren’t the code. If it goes away for a year the demand for rugby league won’t disappear. I’d say assuming we do have a significant economic downturn that demand for sport is one thing that will hold up quite well. The revenue from TV deals and merchandise might be well down, and we could see a much reduced salary cap. But someone will set up a professional competition and the cheapest way to do that is probably to revive the existing teams. As I also said before, if the economic situation is so bad that doesn’t happen, then we have far bigger problems than not having the NRL.

I am concerned about the viability of the Raiders, if Rugby League were to reboot without them I doubt I’d follow any longer. But from what we’ve heard the Raiders are in a stronger financial position than most clubs. Should give them a good chance of coming through or back when social distancing is lifted and rugby league returns in full.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:52 pm
Swiller wrote:

Swiller, GE puts substantial amounts of his own money into keeping this site alive, and has for years. Advertising revenue is tiny by any reasonable measure.

Yoir post is ill-informed and out of line, mate.

Just to follow up on this, i dont know the finances of the site now, but back when i was involved with it, we put ads in it was to ease the financial burden on GE, and the ad revenue at that time did nothing more than that, ease the burden.
If GE dropped dead, this would have very quickly died without it's sugar daddy. That was 6-7 years ago. He's been propping the place up for what must be over a decade now

There is no way i can conceivable that this site generates enough income to cover the hosting upkeep costs of the site. Suggestions that this is some money making site are utterly absurd
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

The big thing that concerns me...

If the league collapses, rugby league itself will go on. There will be a new competition in 2021, the commercial realities are that it's too valuable a commodity to not happen. Someone will back and create a new competition.

Would we be part of it? All contracts and licenses will be null and void. We've been the redheaded stepchild of the league for a long time, and there have previously been people at HQ who say we add little to the broadcast deal and we'd be not included if the league started from scratch.

It's a concern.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Timbo wrote: March 16, 2020, 9:06 am The big thing that concerns me...

If the league collapses, rugby league itself will go on. There will be a new competition in 2021, the commercial realities are that it's too valuable a commodity to not happen. Someone will back and create a new competition.

Would we be part of it? All contracts and licenses will be null and void. We've been the redheaded stepchild of the league for a long time, and there have previously been people at HQ who say we add little to the broadcast deal and we'd be not included if the league started from scratch.

It's a concern.
Rupert says "Hi"
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Timbo wrote: March 16, 2020, 9:06 am The big thing that concerns me...

It's a concern.
I think anyone wanting to start a new comp would put a team in every capital on the eastern seaboard for starters and work from there. Raiders are one of the few financially stable clubs, in the capital city, currently have a solid membership base, crowd numbers etc. We might not be in the first 5 teams picked. But we'd be in the next 5.

If someone had to start a comp from scratch next year, you wouldn't ignore the team that just packed out the GF, is a bit of a feelgood story in a game crying out for those, charismatic and high profile coach...

The sky isn't falling.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

There's talk of Warriors possibly exiting the comp beyond round 2, with the rest of the opposition to receive their Warriors round as a "Bye" round

If this does go ahead, it makes sense to me that these BYE rounds would be worth 1 point for a few reasons

- Knights and Raiders have a chance to come away from their game against warriors with 0,1 or 2 points

- the team set to face the warriors are given a rest week

- if this this is all contained and back to normal by, say 1 month time, if Warriors are given 1 point per match too they could re-enter the competition

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Sid wrote: March 16, 2020, 9:34 am There's talk of Warriors possibly exiting the comp beyond round 2, with the rest of the opposition to receive their Warriors round as a "Bye" round

If this does go ahead, it makes sense to me that these BYE rounds would be worth 1 point for a few reasons

- Knights and Raiders have a chance to come away from their game against warriors with 0,1 or 2 points

- if this this is all contained and back to normal by, say 1 month time, if Warriors are given 1 point per match too they could re-enter the competition

I made a suggestion based on this on twitter.
A team needs to be promoted from within wither qld or nsw cup to take the warriors place for the year. The team would be no worse than the warriors and the comp could continue as norm
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That’s not the worst idea I’ve heard, Redcliffe or something like that, maybe have a situation where that team can sort of pool the best of the non nrl contracted players from both nsw and qld cup to put a mildly competitive team together

Worth considering at least
DarkRaider
Glenn Lazarus

Post by DarkRaider »

If you suspend the comp now no telling when/if it resumes. IMO best to allow the Warriors to exit after Round 2 (hopefully temporarily) and call all games draws (even if a stand-in team is brought in).

Separately, I actually think there’s some merit to the “Darwin solution”. Relocate the teams and play rounds 3-8 (6 in total) over the course of about a month with 4 and 5 day turnarounds and games every night as required. Potential Warrior-byes for 6 clubs may even make the scheduling easier. Sell the broadcast rights (probably cheaply) all over the world. In exchange for the sacrifices being made here (in addition to almost certainly being necessary), the comp enters a 4-6 week shutdown after round 8. IF (big if) the game makes it this far we arrive in early/mid June with 3 possible scenarios:

Best case: resume Round 9 on schedule and play out a full season (hopefully with some crowds) by extending 2-4 weeks and having a late Oct/early Nov GF.

Plausible case: suspension must continue beyond 6 weeks and a full season is no longer practical. However, due to banking a third of a season early we can salvage a 15-20 round season with a late Oct/early Nov GF.

Worst case: season is untenable and must be cancelled. Disastrous for the code (and everyone else) but 8 rounds of broadcast revenue was still valuable and hopefully some increased international exposure also proves valuable longer term.
IBG
Gary Belcher
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by IBG »

If the game goes ahead this week, I feel like the poor Warriors could be in for a bit of a flogging, their minds will be elsewhere and based on their performance on the weekend, I don't see them putting up much of a fight. Poor buggers.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Botman wrote:That’s not the worst idea I’ve heard, Redcliffe or something like that, maybe have a situation where that team can sort of pool the best of the non nrl contracted players from both nsw and qld cup to put a mildly competitive team together

Worth considering at least
Would basically be an Essendon scenario when their whole squad got banned. Waive their cap, but they can only sign uncontracted players

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sid wrote:There's talk of Warriors possibly exiting the comp beyond round 2, with the rest of the opposition to receive their Warriors round as a "Bye" round

I don’t think you can do that. Raiders and Knights had an opportunity to get 2 while you capped the others at 1.

If Warriors games became byes they’d be worth 2 points and it’s just unlucky we played them already.

Should the Raiders lose and then the Warriors games become a bye, Raiders should get the 2 points still.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

simo wrote: March 16, 2020, 9:53 am
Sid wrote: March 16, 2020, 9:34 am There's talk of Warriors possibly exiting the comp beyond round 2, with the rest of the opposition to receive their Warriors round as a "Bye" round

I made a suggestion based on this on twitter.
A team needs to be promoted from within wither qld or nsw cup to take the warriors place for the year. The team would be no worse than the warriors and the comp could continue as norm
I think there would be a good chance that a fair chunk of the Warriors squad would want to play on, sure some will have families at home that they want to be near but plenty wouldn't and would prefer to continue on (fairly certain Kearneys wife and kids are still based in Brisbane for one although many warriors fans would prefer he self isolated), would be better to first consider loan agreements/salary cap exemptions for the warriors to make up a squad of players that are happy to be based in Australia, they might only need to allow 2/3 external signings plus the ability to promote a few youngsters from outside their top 30.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Guys, guys, guys... just stop it.

Even if the Warriors agreed to stay in Australia the rest of the season this comp isn't going past Round 2.

And I'm convinced Round 2 only has a 50/50 chance of going ahead anyway. Let's just see what this week brings first.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Well, on the plus side if the comp is suspended we won't have to hear from Nickman/turnip head for an indefinite period of time.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I didn't stop posting because it was the off season, m8.

And I didn't start again due to the season restarting. I'm entirely here due to the coronavirus.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders consider chartered flight to Gold Coast to Warriors' clash

The Canberra Raiders are considering a chartered fly-in, fly-out trip to the Gold Coast to ensure the health and safety of players and avoid being stuck away from home if travel restrictions change before they can get back to the capital. The Raiders will play the New Zealand Warriors on the Gold Coast on Saturday after their match was relocated from Auckland to avoid a 14-day quarantine across the Tasman.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Nickman wrote: March 16, 2020, 1:18 pm I didn't stop posting because it was the off season, m8.

And I didn't start again due to the season restarting. I'm entirely here due to the coronavirus.
Understood, it's entirely within your modus operandi to spread panic and paranoia around - just what we need.