Total votes: 8

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: 2020 Rd 2 V Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:37 pm
gangrenous wrote: March 15, 2020, 9:00 pm I think we understand that perfectly.

The code is at no risk imo. The current entities, perhaps.
The current entities are the code. Sure people might play in the back yard in a Mad Max future. You might not be concerned about the viability, solvency and the future of the Canberra Raiders... I am.
I'd tune in to watch that. Pigman's who the **** is that would be paralyzed by choice.

Edit:
And Matt's Matchups might make a comeback!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Azza wrote:
The Nickman wrote: March 16, 2020, 1:18 pm I didn't stop posting because it was the off season, m8.

And I didn't start again due to the season restarting. I'm entirely here due to the coronavirus.
Understood, it's entirely within your modus operandi to spread panic and paranoia around - just what we need.
Surely there's a separate Covid 19 supporters website on Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad feels for former Warriors teammates amid coronavirus outbreak

Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad is set to be cleared to play against his former teammates when the Raiders clash with the Warriors at Robina Stadium on Saturday. He feels for the Warriors, who have stayed in Australia for the game.

"It's a hard one, we just finished round one. We're footy players and we've done the hard work on the paddock, all we want to do is play but it's about looking after your families. With the situation the Warriors are in, man, I really feel for them.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad salutes selfless Warriors for adapting to unprecedented situation

Canberra fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad has paid tribute to the Warriors for their sacrifice in staying away from families to help keep the NRL running amid the coronavirus pandemic.

"I’ve spoken to a couple [of players], they haven’t really gone into detail. I’ve just wanted to see where their heads were at and if they’re OK," Nicoll-Klokstad said. "They’re in a hard predicament in trying to uphold the game and what they do for us as individuals and what they have to do as a family man.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/16/cnk ... situation/

VIDEO: Business as usual for the Warriors: New Zealand Warriors coach Stephen Kearney has told his players to take one day at a time: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/16/bus ... -warriors/

Warriors v Raiders: Hiku back home; Croker yet to be cleared: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/16/war ... 2-preview/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

VIDEO: Hear from Elliott Whitehead, Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad and Bailey Simonsson as the Canberra Raiders prepare for their Round 2 clash with the New Zealand Warriors. WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/HwdB50yNs4c

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

Set of Six: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... -warriors/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

2020 Rd 2: Raiders V Warriors

Canberra Raiders V New Zealand Warriors
Saturday March 21 3:00pm
Robina Stadium
TV coverage: Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, Mix 106.3

The Raiders have named their Round 2 side to face the New Zealand Warriors on the Gold Coast.

Coach Ricky Stuart has named the same side that started against the Gold Coast Titans in Round One at GIO Stadium.

Ryan Sutton comes back into the squad after serving a one-game suspension while Harley Smith-Shields is also named in the extended squad.

Canberra Raiders media

Canberra Raiders

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Bailey Simonsson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Curtis Scott
5. Nick Cotric
6. Jack Wighton
7. George Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Joe Tapine
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Corey Horsburgh

14. Siliva Havili
15. Emre Guler
16. Sia Soliola
17. Michael Oldfield

18. Sam Williams
19. Ryan Sutton
20. Harley Smith-Shields
21. Tom Starling

Injury/Suspension
Hudson Young, Suspension (Round 6)
John Bateman, Shoulder (Round 7-8)
Luke Bateman, Knee (Round 8)
Sebastian Kris, Extended sick leave

New Zealand Warriors

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (C)
2. Adam Pompey
3. David Fusitu’a
4. Adam Keighran
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Chanel Harris-Tavita
7. Blake Green
8. Leeson Ah Mau
9. Wayde Egan
10. Lachlan Burr
11. Eliesa Katoa
12. Tohu Harris
13. Adam Blair

14. Kodi Nikorima
15. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown
16. Isaiah Papali’i
17. King Vuniyayawa

18. Karl Lawton
20. Hayze Perham
21. Leivaha Pulu
22. Adam Tuimavave-Gerrard

Officials

Referees: Chris Sutton, David Munro
Touch judges: Jarrod Cole, Mark Bohan
Video Referees: Steve Clark, Ben Lowe

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLWarriorsRaiders

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2020 #FromAllAngles

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:
Azza wrote:
The Nickman wrote: March 16, 2020, 1:18 pm I didn't stop posting because it was the off season, m8.

And I didn't start again due to the season restarting. I'm entirely here due to the coronavirus.
Understood, it's entirely within your modus operandi to spread panic and paranoia around - just what we need.
Surely there's a separate Covid 19 supporters website on Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
I'd like to see their team list this week

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2020 Rd 2 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

'The repercussions are dire': Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says NRL must keep season alive

Ricky Stuart says the NRL needs to do everything it can to keep the competition alive this year.

"The health and safety of everybody is paramount. We want to do everything we possibly can to keep the virus away," Stuart said. "From a feasibility point of view, we do need the game. I don't think people understand the repercussions if the game is suspended for the season, if we're not playing the repercussions are dire.

Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says NRL season must continue amid coronavirus: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/ricky-stua ... f85c225a6c

NRL's doors must remain open where possible: Stuart: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/17/nrl ... le-stuart/

Canberra Raiders happy with NRL charter flights

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart says the NRL plans to use charter flights to transport teams to and from games is a "smart" move and believes it will also benefit his travel-weary team.

"I think it's very smart of the NRL to have charter planes fly teams to and from games in the one day - it's helping to keep the players' health and welfare at hopefully a safe situation," Stuart said on Tuesday.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/raiders-ha ... 5587328dbc

VIDEO: We want to keep playing footy: Raiders Coach Ricky Stuart is adamant that the NRL must keep going as his side prepare to face the Warriors on the Gold Coast this Saturday: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... ing-footy/

VIDEO: Whitehead confident Raiders can remain focused: Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead is confident that his side can remain professional and prepare for this weekend's game like any other match despite facing huge adversity lately: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... n-focused/

VIDEO: I have spoken to my friends at the Warriors: Raiders fullback CNK has admitted that he has spoken to some of his former teammates at the New Zealand Warriors to see how they are coping amongst all the uncertainty around the future of the current NRL season: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... -warriors/
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

Having spent 4-8 weeks away from home for work multiple times, with no phone reception and on a 1/4 of the money the warriors players are being paid, I really think they need to harden EDIT up and stay in Australia so the comp can continue. I'm sure I'm not the only one who spends time away from family to make a living.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

89_90_94_?? wrote:Having spent 4-8 weeks away from home for work multiple times, with no phone reception and on a 1/4 of the money the warriors players are being paid, I really think they need to harden EDIT up and stay in Australia so the comp can continue. I'm sure I'm not the only one who spends time away from family to make a living.
It was in a pandemic too was it?

Come on.
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

gangrenous wrote: March 17, 2020, 5:59 pm
89_90_94_?? wrote:Having spent 4-8 weeks away from home for work multiple times, with no phone reception and on a 1/4 of the money the warriors players are being paid, I really think they need to harden EDIT up and stay in Australia so the comp can continue. I'm sure I'm not the only one who spends time away from family to make a living.

Come on.
It was traveling to war zones as a member of the ADF, little worse then a sore throat. My point is being away from home for how ever long it takes for the season to continue, to earn a living for your family, is not that big of a deal
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart names unchanged Canberra Raiders line-up for Warriors clash

Ricky Stuart is sticking with combinations as the Canberra Raiders chase back to back wins to start a season for just the second time in 15 years.

The Raiders have named an unchanged starting line-up to face the New Zealand Warriors at Robina Stadium on Saturday.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Kind of losing interest with the whole 2020 **** playing to empty stadiums the slightest throat tickle from a player and the seasons off, **** all this ****.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

If i ever see anyone eat a bat im going to ram it up there ****.
This place is woke.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

**** we beat the germans well beat this flu.bring it.
This place is woke.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think Sutton should and will end up playing.
Not sure who he comes in for, if i had to guess, i'd say it'll be Oldy
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Botman wrote: March 17, 2020, 7:06 pm I think Sutton should and will end up playing.
Not sure who he comes in for, if i had to guess, i'd say it'll be Oldy
I normally agree.

But if a back goes off injured like CNK last week, what's your solution?

Pretending the season will happen as usual I'm pretty confident Oldfield will remain on the bench until Bateman and Young are available thus covering centre and five-eighth at a pinch.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah it's a fair point... i guess im a numbers guy and the fact CNK got taken off with a HIA last week plays into my thinking here, ill take my chances that we wont roll snake eyes 2 weeks in a row.
We lost a lot of punch for a big period of that titans game and better teams would have capitilised. I think we need more punch in the middle.

As for the contingency, if CNK went off again, Hodgson would move into the halves, Havilii into hooker and maybe you move Jack to fullback or into the backline to plug the gap of whoever (simo or cotric) fills from.

Its not ideal, but we'd be able to get away with it imo
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

89_90_94_?? wrote: March 17, 2020, 6:08 pm

Come on.
It was traveling to war zones as a member of the ADF, little worse then a sore throat. My point is being away from home for how ever long it takes for the season to continue, to earn a living for your family, is not that big of a deal
Knowing basically what you'd already signed up for, right?
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2020 Rd 2 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gangrenous »

89_90_94_?? wrote:

Come on.
Your job was important. In the grand scheme of things football is not. There are some other key differences between your situation and theirs, foreknowledge, unpredictable global travel, family members at risk.

Credit to you for your sacrifice. But it’s not the same situation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Question wrote:If i ever see anyone eat a bat im going to ram it up there ****.
That’d probably just create colorectalronavirus
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Botman wrote: March 17, 2020, 7:17 pm Yeah it's a fair point... i guess im a numbers guy and the fact CNK got taken off with a HIA last week plays into my thinking here, ill take my chances that we wont roll snake eyes 2 weeks in a row.
We lost a lot of punch for a big period of that titans game and better teams would have capitilised. I think we need more punch in the middle.

As for the contingency, if CNK went off again, Hodgson would move into the halves, Havilii into hooker and maybe you move Jack to fullback or into the backline to plug the gap of whoever (simo or cotric) fills from.

Its not ideal, but we'd be able to get away with it imo
I thought this all last year pretty much. If we had better options missing out I'd still agree with you. Havili played 20 minutes. step him up to 30 or so and freshness etc solved IMO.

We'd be more likely to struggle against the Warriors with a shift like you've suggested than just upping Havili's minutes IMO. You don't need a 4th forward, you barely need a 3rd if your edge forwards play 80 IMO.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

gangrenous wrote: March 17, 2020, 7:41 pm
89_90_94_?? wrote:

Come on.
Your job was important. In the grand scheme of things football is not. There are some other key differences between your situation and theirs, foreknowledge, unpredictable global travel, family members at risk.

All true.

The players now realize that playing = getting paid. It is as simple as that IMO.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

julian87 wrote:
gangrenous wrote: March 17, 2020, 7:41 pm
89_90_94_?? wrote:

Come on.

All true.

The players now realize that playing = getting paid. It is as simple as that IMO.
I think that's why the warriors have started to change their tune.

Owners basically said front up or go home and don't get paid

Last edited by -TW- on March 17, 2020, 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Not that hard to understand really.

I'm sure the vast majority of footballers also actually want to do what's required to keep playing.

I also don't understand why they or their family members are at less risk if they're home, rather than isolated in an environment where they are being looked after and closely monitored.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Not used to seeing a team coming up against the Raiders at more than 4 to 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

New Zealand Warriors commit to unprecedented tour of Australia to keep competition alive

New Zealand Warriors owner Mark Robinson has outlined the series of massive obstacles the club is willing to manoeuvre around to keep the team competing in the NRL, despite the current global pandemic.

While the club had previously committed to remain in Australia round two of the competition, Robinson has now said that period outside of New Zealand is looking much longer and will involve a complicated array of player management policies.

Read more: https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/a ... d=12317479

Wow. The owner of the Warriors puts some of the reality of the situation on the table for the players.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sid wrote:Not used to seeing a team coming up against the Raiders at more than 4 to 1

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
We usually lose when our odds are that short

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Alan Tongue backs Canberra Raiders to cope with same-day travel - again

Canberra Raiders legend Alan Tongue likens travelling to the Gold Coast on game day to eyes up footy and has backed his former club to play what's in front of them.

"It mightn't be like your normal routine, but there was also some great merit in it as well - you were at home in bed with your family the night before. It's not ideal, but this is what footy's about. It's about playing what's in front of you and dealing with the challenges and no excuses about it.

Behind the Limelight Don Furner: In Episode 2 of Behind the Limelight that was recorded on Tuesday, we sat down with Don Furner to discuss what the COVID-19 pandemic means for the Raiders and fans.

Podcast: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... on-furner/
Vodcast: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... on-furner/

Croker and Nicoll-Klokstad cleared to play: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... t-to-play/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... -warriors/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote: March 18, 2020, 4:54 pm Alan Tongue backs Canberra Raiders to cope with same-day travel - again

Canberra Raiders legend Alan Tongue likens travelling to the Gold Coast on game day to eyes up footy and has backed his former club to play what's in front of them.

"It mightn't be like your normal routine, but there was also some great merit in it as well - you were at home in bed with your family the night before. It's not ideal, but this is what footy's about. It's about playing what's in front of you and dealing with the challenges and no excuses about it.

Behind the Limelight Don Furner: In Episode 2 of Behind the Limelight that was recorded on Tuesday, we sat down with Don Furner to discuss what the COVID-19 pandemic means for the Raiders and fans.

Croker and Nicoll-Klokstad cleared to play: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... t-to-play/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... -warriors/
Have to say, Don sounds very concerned about the future of the club if the competition stops. 65 per cent of revenue coming from the broadcasters. Rugby league is one industry at the forefront of the impact, and it doesn't have cost structures, like theatre and other entertainment, which they can quickly scale down. There is massive cost in the player talent, and the clubs can't really lose them.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brent Read saying on NRL 360 that the broadcasters stop paying the NRL $13 million a week if the games stop.

Talk of postponing the Origin series to the end of the year and the abandonment of the Kangaroos tour.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

greeneyed wrote: March 18, 2020, 5:32 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 18, 2020, 4:54 pm Alan Tongue backs Canberra Raiders to cope with same-day travel - again

Have to say, Don sounds very concerned about the future of the club if the competition stops. 65 per cent of revenue coming from the broadcasters. Rugby league is one industry at the forefront of the impact, and it doesn't have cost structures, like theatre and other entertainment, which they can quickly scale down. There is massive cost in the player talent, and the clubs can't really lose them.
65% revenue from broadcasters sounds about right. One would think a large portion of the other 35% would be sponsorships and gate takings. I'm not overly confident either of those two revenue sources are secure at this point in time either.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

greeneyed wrote: March 18, 2020, 5:32 pm

It’s a weird thought, a scary thought, but it’s also a reality - if things go really badly, we may not exist beyond what’s left of this season.

Some idiot in China went ‘what’s for dinner tonight? Chicken? Fish? Nah, lets see what bat tastes like’ and our favourite team may cease to exist. What the hell is going on.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

The amount of money teams make from gate takings was seriously overstated. Most teams outside of the Broncos would do well to break even on game day.

This is why so many teams are keen to play at an empty ANZ as they get guaranteed money regardless of how many show up.

Also Paul Kent said companies wouldn’t want to pay for signage at grounds because there were no fans at the game but the signs are there for the TV audience to see not the people at the ground.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Captain Josh Hodgson has a rib issue, The Daily Telegraph reports, but it is unclear whether it will threaten his chance of playing.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 9a1fdbe1e8

VIDEO: Preview: Warriors v Raiders - Round 2: Jamie Soward and Matthew Elliott: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/18/war ... --round-2/

Match Preview: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... -warriors/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Hodgo certainly copped a whack in the GC game. Obviously played on, but not surprised he's a bit tender.