Titans 13+
No votes

Total votes: 19

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: 2020 Rd 1 V Titans: Teams and Previews

Post by BJ »

bonehead wrote:
zim wrote:Lui had the ball stolen. Should have been a penalty for more than 1 in the tackle.
That's it I think.
they actually peeled for a legal strip

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Problem is they peeled after the ball was stripped. Shocking referee call.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

Jack Murchie was at our Sponsor/Jersey night last night, showing off shirt No.17.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Raider47 wrote:Jack Murchie was at our Sponsor/Jersey night last night, showing off shirt No.17.
I hope he gets a chance and takes it... Id be sad to lose him. I think the hype from his junior days is yet to be realised in the top grade.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm a Murchie fan, thought he showed a bit in his nrl times

Edrick The Entertainer
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Put HSS on the bench, he is ready
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Wouldn't be surprised if we held on to Murchie untill after Bateman and young return.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I hope he has a red hot go if given the opportunity. When he has played NRL previously I think he has held back a bit, whereas blokes like Horsburgh have just ripped in. I don't know whether it's because he is overawed by the occasion?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders co-captain Josh Hodgson backs captain's challenge despite late introduction

Canberra co-captain Josh Hodgson likes the concept of the captain's challenge but is not so keen on its late introduction.

"I like the idea of making the players make a few more decisions not just putting it all down to the referees. But I just think the timing could have been a little bit better, they could have told us this at the start of pre-season so we could have a few months to get the scenarios right."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/05/hod ... roduction/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Team list Tuesday will be the biggest Tuesday since the last team list Tuesday.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Torturous video session purges Canberra Raiders painful grand final memories for Sia Soliola

Canberra veteran Sia Soliola said some of the Raiders have sat through the emotionally torturous 80 minutes of last year's grand final in a bid to try and purge it from their memories.

“It still hurts but it was good to watch it and acknowledge what happened, bury it and then move on. It was bloody hard to watch, some of the ‘what ifs’ or ‘if only’ and we were mindful of that not being in our heads and damaging us.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/06/tor ... -memories/
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

-PJ- wrote: March 6, 2020, 3:14 pm Team list Tuesday will be the biggest Tuesday since the last team list Tuesday.
It's definitely the most crucial TLT of the season so far.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Ok lessgo
1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker c
4. Scott
5. Simmonson
6. Wighton
7. G Williams
8. Papalli
9. Hodgson c
10. Guler
11. Horsebra
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Havilli
15. Sia
16. Oldfield
17. Murchie

A bit out there, but need a win round 1 and I have a bad feeling
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

No B1 or b2, young and sutton suspended also thins us out a bit
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Neeeegz wrote: March 6, 2020, 7:12 pm Ok lessgo
1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker c
4. Scott
5. Simmonson
6. Wighton
7. G Williams
8. Papalli
9. Hodgson c
10. Guler
11. Horsebra
12. Whitehead
13. Tapine

14. Havilli
15. Sia
16. Oldfield
17. Murchie

A bit out there, but need a win round 1 and I have a bad feeling
No lui?
Dont delete this GE
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Have him as 18th man if murchie is leaving, play lui
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

From Wigan to Canberra: childhood mates reunited

Nobody was more excited than Ryan Sutton when the Canberra Raiders announced they had signed George Williams for the upcoming season.

“I’ve always known George, we played against each other at school, we’ve got mutual friends, so I have always been mates with him,” Sutton said. “So, from 11 or 12 years old I have known him for and see what he does on a field from a kid to now, he’s always been a special talent.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/07/fro ... -reunited/

VIDEO: CNK buoyed by Scott's return: Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad says having Curtis Scott for Round 1 is a massive boost to the Raiders. CNK also talks about the future of Jarrod Croker and Nick Cotric with the club: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/07/cnk ... ts-return/
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Raiders_Pat »

For all the talk about the question marks around our right edge, I think our backline is looking great this year. You look at ours compared to other clubs and it's right up there amongst the best. If CNK can take it up another notch this year and he's popping up on both sides in attack, we'll be very dangerous.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

John Bateman backs Corey Horsburgh to shine in Canberra Raiders second row

He's no John Bateman, but John Bateman's helping him become the next John Bateman.

"I've been giving him shoulder rubs and saying, 'Hurry up Johnny'," Horsburgh said. "He's a quick healer he'll be back before we know it. He did his face last year and he was back pretty quick. I'm no John Bateman. Hopefully he comes back quick so I can go back where I belong. I'll do my best out there."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

NRL is coronavirus ready, says ARLC chairman Peter V'landys: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can Canberra Raiders English half George Williams defy history?

The poor track record of English backs over the past two decades means George Williams would have been under pressure regardless of what club signed him. Considering it’s the runners-up from the year before only adds to the strain on the former Wigan man, who will start the season as Canberra’s new halfback.

“He’s quite an elite athlete in his own right,” said star fullback Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad. “I’m really looking forward to rubbing shoulders with him – he’s got a good short-kicking game, he’s a good runner and a good defender. We just need to gel together as a team.”

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 2ecbf09418
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Raiders_Pat wrote: March 7, 2020, 12:39 pm For all the talk about the question marks around our right edge, I think our backline is looking great this year. You look at ours compared to other clubs and it's right up there amongst the best. If CNK can take it up another notch this year and he's popping up on both sides in attack, we'll be very dangerous.
It's more the point it's a whole new right edge to start the season, but I think they will do a job until jonneh comes back
Dylan’s Raiders
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Dylan’s Raiders »

You can just tell by all the comments made my Horsburgh that he has no interest playing in the second row whatsoever and he would prefer being in the front row.

Don’t get me wrong, completely agree that is his better position. Would just feel a bit more comfortable if he was seen to be embracing the challenge a bit more and adopting a team first mentality rather than making comments like “hope he comes back quick so I can go back where I belong”
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Dylan’s Raiders wrote: March 8, 2020, 9:44 am You can just tell by all the comments made my Horsburgh that he has no interest playing in the second row whatsoever and he would prefer being in the front row.

Don’t get me wrong, completely agree that is his better position. Would just feel a bit more comfortable if he was seen to be embracing the challenge a bit more and adopting a team first mentality rather than making comments like “hope he comes back quick so I can go back where I belong”
I spoke to him at the season launch. He doesn't want to be out there. He is a middle. And said as much.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

I have absolutely no problem with a front rower knowing hes a front rower. It beats the **** out of having a front rower who thinks hes a halfback. Horse is going to bring his best effort on an edge or anywhere hes put regardless
Dont delete this GE
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

My main concern with Horse in the second row is his defense. He is mobile for a big bloke but he will struggle over 80 on the edge.

They must really expect a huge year from Tapine not to move him back.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders back Michael Oldfield hoping he's benched for NRL season opener

Michael Oldfield would love a bench spot. Especially if it gets him out of the Canberra Raiders No.18 jersey.

"It's not uncommon having a back on the bench ... we started to do it a bit with Bailey [Simonsson] last year. And every time 'Bails' was on the bench he had to come on so it was a master stroke in that sense. But in terms of putting an outside back on the bench it's not ideal provided you can get four middles.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

VIDEO: 'Lot to learn': CNK keen to go higher in 2020: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/08/lot ... r-in-2020/

Raiders v Titans: Round 1 preview: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/07/rai ... 1-preview/
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

If Horsburgh doesn't want to be on the edge and we still have Murchie on the books it seems that the obvious solution is to play Murchie. Otherwise why haven't we released him yet?
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Trial by desire: Canberra Raiders half Sam Williams proves ultimate team man again

This time last year, Sam Williams was downing the Eels in a trial game and declaring he was prepared to bide his time behind Jack Wighton and Aidan Sezer. Twelve months on and Williams was again the star in a trial.

"I came on the back end of that game so it was important to come on and have some fresh legs but every game you wear the green jersey is an opportunity to stake your claim," Williams said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/09/tri ... man-again/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders’ English recruit tries Aussie foods: The Raiders newest English recruit, George Williams, is loving his time in Australia, but does he love Aussie treats? Watch to find out: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/09/rai ... sie-foods/
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Timbo wrote:If Horsburgh doesn't want to be on the edge and we still have Murchie on the books it seems that the obvious solution is to play Murchie. Otherwise why haven't we released him yet?
not sure if related to Murchie potentially going but Murdoch Masila joined the warriors

Edrick The Entertainer
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

bonehead wrote:
Timbo wrote:If Horsburgh doesn't want to be on the edge and we still have Murchie on the books it seems that the obvious solution is to play Murchie. Otherwise why haven't we released him yet?
not sure if related to Murchie potentially going but Murdoch Masila joined the warriors

BMM has signed on for next year, they still need to bolster there pack for this season.
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Murchie wasn't at the season launch on Friday night. I won't be surprised if we get an announcement he's gone.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Soward's Power Rankings: Roosters still team to beat

2. Canberra Raiders

It's all down to new halfback George Williams. Last year's grand finalists get a game at home against the Titans round one so they should handle it quite comfortably, but all eyes will be on Williams and both how he adapts to the NRL and how his teammates adjust to him.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/09/sow ... m-to-beat/
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

So for us it's all down to George Williams, but given there's no mention of Kyle Flanagan for the Roosters I can only assume he's going to fit right into Cooper Cronk's boots then
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' right edge won't take long to click into gear: Nick Cotric

Canberra winger Nick Cotric is confident the new-look Raiders' right edge won't take long to click into gear.

"It's been great getting Georgie Williams over and Curtis, they're great players and we’re just working on our combinations," Cotric said. "He [Scott] is a great player, he's played in a grand final and he fits into that role perfectly and he's a strong ball-runner and he talks ... he's a great communicator."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2020/03/09/rai ... ar-cotric/

Ryan Sutton excited for George Williams’ first taste of NRL action: https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/ry ... rl-action/

VIDEO: 2020 Season Launch: Raider Nick takes you behind the scenes at the club's 2020 season launch at the brand new Huawei Raiders centre: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2020/03 ... on-launch/
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Bloody hell its footy week.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Do we still have Team List Tuesday? If so what day is it?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.