Canberra Raiders out of the race for Adam Doueihi

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Adam Doueihi quits South Sydney

Adam Doueihi has walked into South Sydney training at Redfern on Wednesday morning to tell his teammates he is leaving the NRL club.

It is still not known where Doueihi will be playing this season, however, several clubs are showing interest, with suggestions the Sydney Roosters, Canberra and potentially Melbourne are now in the mix.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 4fa5f40adf
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Re: Canberra Raiders reportedly “in the mix” to sign Adam Doueihi

Post by Northern Raider »

Wondering if these clubs are actually interested in signing him or its just the journo's own speculation. On face value the Roosters (Latrell), Storm (Scott) and Raiders (BJ and maybe Scott) all have a vacancy for an outside back.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

A good player. Him and Cotric together would be pretty electric
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

I watch almost all games and I've never really noticed Doueihi as being good.

Run of the mill outside back as far as i can see.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

I am sure we attempted to recruit him a couple of years ago to be our half back.

I think he would be an excellent signing.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

"in the mix" :)

"reportedly"

Something else for Don to squash after CScott...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I thought he was hugely overrated but then he produced a very good performance in the semi against us, which suggests he has a solid future.

Regardless the article looks designed to put pressure on the Tigers to pay overs for him more than anything. I would be amazed if we were really in the mix.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

edwahu wrote: January 29, 2020, 11:44 am I thought he was hugely overrated but then he produced a very good performance in the semi against us, which suggests he has a solid future.

Regardless the article looks designed to put pressure on the Tigers to pay overs for him more than anything. I would be amazed if we were really in the mix.
Solid but not spectacular IMO. He's one of those guys the commentators decided to focus on for whatever reason and praise him for doing the basics well I remember thinking. Probably being harsh, but he didn't strike me as being anything beyond a solid first grader at this point in time.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I'd take him on a 2 or 3 year deal over that **** Scott on a 4 year deal.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 29, 2020, 11:58 am
edwahu wrote: January 29, 2020, 11:44 am I thought he was hugely overrated but then he produced a very good performance in the semi against us, which suggests he has a solid future.

Solid but not spectacular IMO. He's one of those guys the commentators decided to focus on for whatever reason and praise him for doing the basics well I remember thinking. Probably being harsh, but he didn't strike me as being anything beyond a solid first grader at this point in time.
Agree - not a huge fan and don't see what all the hype is about. Does seem fast or athletic enough to play in the outside backs.

Also seems to be an easy player to belt, and that's not just taking into account the Souths prelim.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Given he has told his teammates he won’t be sticking around, he has obviously locked in a new club. So I’m tipping it to be the Roosters.

I’ve found it hard to judge him as a player and certainly couldn’t write him off becoming a CNK type of purchase.

Confidence, maturity and playing for a successful club count for a lot, and given he had a serious injury in 2018, he could still live up to the hype.

I’d be happy to see us sign him, but I think he’ll be a Chook shortly.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

afgtnk wrote: January 29, 2020, 12:04 pm

Agree - not a huge fan and don't see what all the hype is about. Does seem fast or athletic enough to play in the outside backs.

Also seems to be an easy player to belt, and that's not just taking into account the Souths prelim.
Jury is out for me. The kid has ability but I'm yet to see him do anything special at NRL level.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Beejay wrote: January 29, 2020, 11:08 am I watch almost all games and I've never really noticed Doueihi as being good.

Run of the mill outside back as far as i can see.
Agree. Run of the mill. If he didn't play for a Sydney club no one would know who he is. But he's at Souths so he's a 'boom youngster'. And he definitely isn't a centre.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Canberra Raiders reportedly “in the mix” to sign Adam Doueihi

Post by LastRaider »

I rate him but I do remember Papa putting him out last year. The kid got back up though

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Don’t rate him. Showed early that he’s not skillful enough for the halves. He’s not athletic enough for the three quarters. He looked ok at fullback at the end of last year but I don’t think you’re going places in first grade with him as a 1 imo.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Um how do you tell your team mates you are returning without having signed a new contract? Was he off contract last year and therefore isn't contracted at present. Has he and the Souths mutually agreed to terminate his contract? If so and he signs for less than his previous contract or doesn't sign a new contract then South would need to account his this in their CAP. The article doesn't make sense, seems like a manager throwing something to the media to build hype.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford

Post by Green Blogger »

kona_dream wrote: January 29, 2020, 1:39 pm Um how do you tell your team mates you are returning without having signed a new contract? Was he off contract last year and therefore isn't contracted at present. Has he and the Souths mutually agreed to terminate his contract? If so and he signs for less than his previous contract or doesn't sign a new contract then South would need to account his this in their CAP. The article doesn't make sense, seems like a manager throwing something to the media to build hype.
Supercoach Wayne Bennett told him he was free to leave when they signed Latrell. He has not trained since whilst he thought about his options. Clearly he has something in the works and has not informed Souths he won't be back.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

julian87 wrote: January 29, 2020, 1:27 pm Don’t rate him. Showed early that he’s not skillful enough for the halves. He’s not athletic enough for the three quarters. He looked ok at fullback at the end of last year but I don’t think you’re going places in first grade with him as a 1 imo.
Could be a handy utility to have in the squad though as long as you got him at value
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Don’t really rate him, solid but nothing special.

Would rather keep Scott thanks and get him to pull his head in.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He's not really memorable for me, other than him getting flattened in the semi vs Manly

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

He is a solid player.
Im not convinced he could be a starting half in the NRL, but he would be a very a handy backup option.
He was going to play FB for the Bunnies until Latrell signed. He also played a bit of FB for the last yr, incl. that tackle by Papa where he got leveled. So, at FB, being the '3rd half' I think he would be acceptable.
This also means that he is likely to be a handy ball playing centre. Ive seen him play here and was solid without any real flash. I suspect if we signed him to play centre, he would be coming to start, even if I think he should still be in a battle with the likes of Smith-Shields and Oldie.
I dont love or hate the move.
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

We arent getting him. He had a backended deal with Souths , something like 500K and 600K the last year .
We aren taking that on , especially considering the Storm are chipping in 200K a year for 2 years for Scott.

He is a young bloke who came off a serious injury last year. He looks promising .
But the article was published to push the Tigers to up their price.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

yep, won't be a raider
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: January 29, 2020, 12:54 pm
afgtnk wrote: January 29, 2020, 12:04 pm

Jury is out for me. The kid has ability but I'm yet to see him do anything special at NRL level.
Yeah I said it in another thread but I’m with you fellas.
He’s certainly not lacking in talent and people rave about him, but I’m yet too see anything at the NRL level that has me overly excited about his future

The way he gets spoke about you’d think he was like Nic Cotric as a rookie and he was a far cry away from that
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Wests Tigers’ attempt to low-ball Adam Doueihi for a paltry saving of just $25,000 could ultimately backfire badly on the NRL battlers with the all-conquering Sydney Roosters now ready to swoop. Doueihi will make the final call on his future on Thursday.

The Canberra Raiders were also thought to be considering making a late play for Doueihi but at this point are unable to make any moves as they wait and see what eventuates with Curtis Scott.

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Re: Canberra Raiders out of the race for Adam Doueihi

Post by Neeeegz »

I think Smith Shields has more upside. He looked ready last year in the few mounties games I saw. No need to waste cap space.
We have some talent in the guys nearly ready.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

It's a long season. We'd have to add another first grade capable player to the squad if Scott wasn't here. Particularly if Kris is off too.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: January 29, 2020, 8:10 pm Canberra Raiders out of the race for Adam Doueihi

Wests Tigers’ attempt to low-ball Adam Doueihi for a paltry saving of just $25,000 could ultimately backfire badly on the NRL battlers with the all-conquering Sydney Roosters now ready to swoop. Doueihi will make the final call on his future on Thursday.

The Canberra Raiders were also thought to be considering making a late play for Doueihi but at this point are unable to make any moves as they wait and see what eventuates with Curtis Scott.

We were never in the race. Just whispers for clicks.
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

Bring back Jason Bulgarelli

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Out of the race? We were never in it to begin with.

It was just people on reddit making stuff up and journos speculating wildly.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Out of the race ?

Didn't make it to the starting block..

Pulled a hammy in warm ups.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

He has gone to the Roosters apparently. Announcement today
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Good pick up for both parties.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

nacho wrote: January 30, 2020, 8:23 am He has gone to the Roosters apparently. Announcement today
Tigers innit?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Discarded Adam Doueihi snubs Sydney Roosters and signs with Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers power brokers and Adam Doueihi’s agent Sam Ayoub have been attempting to fine tune the terms on a four-year contract for the last 24 hours. Provided the deal gets rubber-stamped, Doueihi will sign a four-year deal with the Tigers worth around $2.5 milllion.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... ee419fc9a4