Curtis Scott police assault charges dropped after court rules arrest 'unlawful'

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Danaman137
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Re: Curtis Scott police assault charges dropped after court rules arrest 'unlawful'

Post by Danaman137 »

Good. Should put a bookend on this whole situation for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sid
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Re: Curtis Scott police assault charges dropped after court rules arrest 'unlawful'

Post by Sid »

Breaking News: Raiders to be investigated by integrity unit over possible illegal 3rd party payment from the NSW Police

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BJ
Jason Croker

Post by BJ »

Sid wrote:Breaking News: Raiders to be investigated by integrity unit over possible illegal 3rd party payment from the NSW Police

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

Finchy... all I have to say is yikes.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

BJ
Jason Croker

Post by BJ »

Could this case have gone any worse for police?

Lesson for people, the quicker you realise that you’ve made a mistake and stop what you’re doing the better.

Going further and further into the mire, trying to blame someone else and hoping the affected party will withdraw, is not the answer.

Police Commissioner really hasn’t covered himself in glory either. Certainly doesn’t look like NSW police have learnt any lessons from this debacle for all involved parties.
BadnMean
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

BJ wrote: September 25, 2020, 5:58 pm Could this case have gone any worse for police?

Lesson for people, the quicker you realise that you’ve made a mistake and stop what you’re doing the better.

Going further and further into the mire, trying to blame someone else and hoping the affected party will withdraw, is not the answer.

Police Commissioner really hasn’t covered himself in glory either. Certainly doesn’t look like NSW police have learnt any lessons from this debacle for all involved parties.
Doesn't exactly fill the civilian population with confidence when you have officers torturing drunks (police job is NEVER to punish, however much they want to- just to investigate and assist) and face smashing aboriginal kids during BLM protests and the Commissioner backs them. It's the old closing ranks starting from the top again. It took a Royal Commission and decades to sort that out last time.

All he has to say, if he doesn't want to condemn young officers is, "We are always looking to learn and improve our policing. There will be appropriate oversight given to this case to ascertain if procedures were appropriately followed or how they can be approved". Non-judgemental and people would have swallowed it, every organisation makes errors but you only worry about those blind to recognising them.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Uncensored Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott reveals darkest hours

There were days Curtis Scott didn't care if he woke up, with the Canberra Raider opening up on the nightmare his life became this year.

"I had rugby league personalities coming out on the radio, coming out on the news, saying this bloke shouldn't even be playing rugby league. It was tough. I'm not going to sit here and say it wasn't tough and I was OK. Some days I didn't want to get up or didn't want to go to training or didn't even care if I woke up or not."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Finchy does well as a podcast interviewer. Very well indeed.
Roy Rover
David Grant

Post by Roy Rover »

Wasn’t a bad listen but didn’t really provide a whole lot of insight as to why he actually left the Storm.

Seemed like he still pined to be there and kind of reminded me of when a pretty disgruntled FPN joined us from the Roosters.

As far a Scum Bag (when did the filter get switched off?) goes he’s not too bad but the same old self-deprecating jokes about his physique and partying get pretty predictable and wear thin after a while.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Are we getting a Raiders Review this week?
Roy Rover
David Grant

Post by Roy Rover »

Maybe next week. Depends on where the Pork’s head is at.

Also what about the Finch filter?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Brett Finch

Looks like it’s gone!
Turbo_Raider
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Turbo_Raider »

Curtis seems like a good young kid who made a mistake being in the wrong place-wrong time and ended up learning some serious life lessons from it. The last 2 minutes really makes you hope he kills it next year! good listen if you skip the bits where finch talking about himself haha