Re: Curtis Scott free to play after NRL decides not to stand him down

Post by gangrenous »

You’ve got it all wrong. Croker used a captain’s challenge
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Can someone go back and make a list of the people who didnt want to burn him at the stake and were in the wait till everything reveals itself side?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elcaptcroker wrote: March 5, 2020, 6:06 pm Can someone go back and make a list of the people who didnt want to burn him at the stake and were in the wait till everything reveals itself side?

I think I was on that list.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Azza wrote: March 4, 2020, 9:11 pm Can you imagine a world without lawyers?
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart defends NRL’s Curtis Scott decision

Ricky Stuart has leapt to the defence of star recruit Curtis Scott in light of the NRL’s decision to let him play while he fights assault charges.

“Football players don’t support mugs,” Stuart said. “Football players don’t get around a player who is a **** and all these blokes have got around Curtis Scott. They’ve really supported him through this tough time. That’s a big plus for me because he’s got talent. He just has to mould into the way we want to play now.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 5b04c5399e

AUDIO: http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/DjgLCZ.mp3
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I had my doubts, but I am now quite convinced that the footage is not something NSW Police wants us to see. Because surely, surely if the footage showed Scott going crazy on some police officers he would not be playing. There must have been some factor, some mitigation.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

I havent seen the footage, havent heard any authoritive reports on the footage or anything like that, but the press reports of the Police actions raise plenty of questions in my mind.

If a drunken person is sleeping off his drunk in an out of the way, quiet bushy garden adjacent to the SCG (where plenty of homeless frequently also sleep), why did the police get involved? On checking his welfare from a moderate distance, why didn't they just leave him to sleep it off, probably his best option? What specific steps did they take to awaken him, and what was the order of the escalation of events leading up to the charges of Assault Police?

Back some years I had through my employment to attend courts in various states and especially on Mondays in the morning it was a regular sight to see several of the underclass such as vagrants, prostitutes, habitual drunks, etc paraded through the courts for a sausage machine like administration of "justice". Every now and then one or more of them would be given what was referred to as "the hamburger with the lot" which was additional charges of resist Police, indecent language and assault Police. This always raised a quiet guffaw and shared smirks among the regular attendees, legal practioners and waiting cops who knew it was a sign that some breach of traditional protocol had probably been broken, such as vomiting too close to the cop, or especially in Qld, failing to offer a suitable bribe.

I have no doubt that that last factor did not come into play in this instance. But the tradition of "souping up" charges as a means of showing displeasure is a long one, one I suspect survives still. In the shadow is the reported instance that Scott was "randomly searched" the previous evening to nil result.

There is a lot we don't know about this case.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Cranky Old Man wrote: March 5, 2020, 9:48 pm I havent seen the footage, havent heard any authoritive reports on the footage or anything like that, but the press reports of the Police actions raise plenty of questions in my mind.

If a drunken person is sleeping off his drunk in an out of the way, quiet bushy garden adjacent to the SCG (where plenty of homeless frequently also sleep), why did the police get involved? On checking his welfare from a moderate distance, why didn't they just leave him to sleep it off, probably his best option? What specific steps did they take to awaken him, and what was the order of the escalation of events leading up to the charges of Assault Police?

Back some years I had through my employment to attend courts in various states and especially on Mondays in the morning it was a regular sight to see several of the underclass such as vagrants, prostitutes, habitual drunks, etc paraded through the courts for a sausage machine like administration of "justice". Every now and then one or more of them would be given what was referred to as "the hamburger with the lot" which was additional charges of resist Police, indecent language and assault Police. This always raised a quiet guffaw and shared smirks among the regular attendees, legal practioners and waiting cops who knew it was a sign that some breach of traditional protocol had probably been broken, such as vomiting too close to the cop, or especially in Qld, failing to offer a suitable bribe.

I have no doubt that that last factor did not come into play in this instance. But the tradition of "souping up" charges as a means of showing displeasure is a long one, one I suspect survives still. In the shadow is the reported instance that Scott was "randomly searched" the previous evening to nil result.

He was called in because he had thrown his phone at a passing car.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: March 6, 2020, 6:31 am
Cranky Old Man wrote: March 5, 2020, 9:48 pm I havent seen the footage, havent heard any authoritive reports on the footage or anything like that, but the press reports of the Police actions raise plenty of questions in my mind.

He was called in because he had thrown his phone at a passing car.
Maybe the call was for them?
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

greeneyed wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: March 5, 2020, 6:06 pm Can someone go back and make a list of the people who didnt want to burn him at the stake and were in the wait till everything reveals itself side?

There wasnt many of us Image

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I couldn't care less what happens with the court case, however if the coach and playing group are genuinely backing the bloke (which the reports indicate), and if he has learnt his lesson then hopefully the penalty will be minor and we can get on with things.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Elcaptcroker wrote: March 6, 2020, 11:17 am
greeneyed wrote:

Haha wow. Just had a scroll back and theres some shockers
Dont delete this GE
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Probably the same amount that wanted Wighton sacked

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

simo wrote: March 6, 2020, 11:39 am
greeneyed wrote:
There wasnt many of us :lol:
My favourite was having a go at the other players with him. That was a real double down when we didn't have all the information yet.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

‘We put it behind us’: CNK says remorseful Scott ‘working his bum off’ at Canberra Raiders training since taser arrest

Raiders star Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad has commended Curtis Scott’s work ethic since joining the club and says the team has moved on from Scott’s Australia Day arrest in Sydney.

“He’s been training the house down, apart from that little hiccup he had. We touched on it straight away, we knocked it on the head and put it behind us,” Nicoll-Klokstad said.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 2fa9ed4967
Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

simo wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

Hahah there was somegood ones

Elcaptcroker
David Grant

Post by Elcaptcroker »

-TW- wrote:Probably the same amount that wanted Wighton sacked

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk
Id say they were the same people eho didnt learn their leason the last time

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Based on information they didn't know at the time

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart the man to help get Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott back on track

ARLC chairman Peter V'landys says Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is the perfect mentor to help Curtis Scott get his life back on track.

"He's very, very lucky to have someone of the magnitude of Ricky Stuart, who if anyone can mentor Curtis and get him on the right track it's Ricky. We're very confident Ricky's influence will certainly assist Curtis Scott."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Looks like the ARLC is trying to entice the ACT back into the competition to host the NRL Nines as well.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Weeks of speculation about what Greenburger was going to do and we end up with the ARLC chairman saying Ricky Stuart is the best man to sort this out. :lol: Fair enough.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Seiffert82 wrote: March 7, 2020, 8:12 am Weeks of speculation about what Greenburger was going to do and we end up with the ARLC chairman saying Ricky Stuart is the best man to sort this out. :lol: Fair enough.
I think that really does speak volumes between the lines about what is going on at HQ right now, with Greenberg being left dangling on his new contract etc.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott free to travel to Auckland to play New Zealand Warriors

Curtis Scott is free to play the Raiders Rd 2 fixture against the Warriors in Auckland on March 21. He was due to appear in court for his hearing on March 20, but his lawyer Sam Macedone has gained him a leave of absence.

"I've organised for him to go to Auckland. He's got the hearing on March 20, but I'll be attending that. He won't need to be there," Macedone said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... -auckland/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Depending on how the court hearing goes, he might join Warriors and play home games only.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

God I hope CScott has the input/effort I'm expecting him to have...

That'll be great.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

-PJ- wrote: March 9, 2020, 5:16 pm God I hope CScott has the input/effort I'm expecting him to have...

That'll be great.
Try not to worry too much about it.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I saw a replay of a Curtis Scott 90m try beating 4 tackles. Amazing. I’d never seen this try before.

If he brings this ability to the club instead of his baggage, he will be excellent.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

BJ wrote:I saw a replay of a Curtis Scott 90m try beating 4 tackles. Amazing. I’d never seen this try before.

If he brings this ability to the club instead of his baggage, he will be excellent.
yeah was good, prefer he looked to setup the fox than beat everyone himself though if I'm being pedantic

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

bonehead wrote: March 12, 2020, 10:41 am
BJ wrote:I saw a replay of a Curtis Scott 90m try beating 4 tackles. Amazing. I’d never seen this try before.

yeah was good, prefer he looked to setup the fox than beat everyone himself though if I'm being pedantic

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
He was just back into the team and intent on sending a bit of a message to bellamy. That was my thought during it anyway
Dont delete this GE
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

He still has huge boots to fill. Leilua has years worth of highlights in that role. I'm not expecting a great deal from Scott early on. Hopefully he can lock down his opposing centre in defence to start with.

Time will tell to see how he combines with Williams and Bateman in attack, who are both handy with the ball and can draw defenders.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Lawyer wants world to see Canberra Raider Curtis Scott's arrest footage

Lawyer Sam Macedone has been talking to the police about a potential deal for client Curtis Scott, but at this stage the charges from an Australia Day incident remain unchanged.

"We're in the middle of a to and fro ... I made them an offer and that's my last offer. They'll either accept it or we battle on," he said. "I want it to battle on. I want everyone in the world to see what happened. That's what I want and that's how confident I am."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hearing Friday, potential full hearing in July, police seeking a report from an expert in weapons training to see if police actions warranted.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Wow. This, uh, is really blowing up into something the NSW Police do not want us to see.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
LimeGreenMachine
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ethan Strange

Post by LimeGreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: March 19, 2020, 4:48 pm Hearing Friday, potential full hearing in July, police seeking a report from an expert in weapons training to see if police actions warranted.
If they are doing that then they have no confidence in their own procedures.

Scott's lawyer could go to town on them
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

LimeGreenMachine wrote: March 19, 2020, 5:27 pm
greeneyed wrote: March 19, 2020, 4:48 pm Hearing Friday, potential full hearing in July, police seeking a report from an expert in weapons training to see if police actions warranted.
If they are doing that then they have no confidence in their own procedures.

Scott's lawyer could go to town on them
They seem to know that the case will depend heavily on this point... and without experts to back them up in court, in terms of their actions in the arrest, the case might fall over. Suggested in the report that there might be an interim hearing date, before the full hearing, to look at the expert report.