Curtis Scott police assault charges dropped after court rules arrest 'unlawful'

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

Post by greeneyed »

The Daily Telegraph reporting that Ricky Stuart wasn't contacted until after 9:30am... Scott's parents picked him up this morning, but he didn't have a phone to call the club after throwing it at a car, when he couldn't get a cab. Suggests the Raiders could afford an outside recruit, maybe Doueihi, or a Rabbitohs back... or bring Oldfield into the backline, should Scott face a lengthy time on the sideline (as a benchmark, Wighton got 10 weeks suspension). Also suggesting he won't get stood down by NRL while the legal process occurs.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Coastalraider wrote: January 27, 2020, 11:50 am
Beejay wrote: January 27, 2020, 11:41 am The Police gave him 6 charges.

Hopefully they quickly change their mind and give him nothing.
We aren’t Brisbane...
Too subtle maybe.

They gaveth 6, May they take them away
If you will
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Luffto wrote: January 27, 2020, 7:45 pm My thoughts, if anyone gives a ****:

I've got to say, as the day has gone on I'm even more pissed off at this Curtis Scott news. We lost Rapana and BJ, and gained him. With solid backline depth on paper it was as good as, or slightly weaker than last year. Now this **** has gone out and punched on with cops.

Last year was amazing, and this year we're hoping to go one game better. Instead we're looking at having lost 3 players in our backline. Way to endear yourself to your new clubs supporters, Curtis.
Yup lost two guys of great character (sure BJ had his moments on the field) who helped take us to a GF to sign this absolute dope. To think people were ripping Joey's football smarts the other day, within 72 hours his replacement confirms he has an IQ of about 60.

I'm not a happy member.
Last edited by Roger Kenworthy on January 27, 2020, 8:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Timbo wrote: January 27, 2020, 5:06 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 27, 2020, 4:50 pm
Timbo wrote: January 27, 2020, 4:28 pm There’s no way we will cut him.

We did the ‘right thing’ for years with Carney, Dugan, etc and it always came back to bite us on the backside when the NRL let them sign with another club immediately. We showed last summer with Fighton’ Wighton that we aren’t taking the moral high ground any more for the benefit of other clubs. We’re also not paying BJ $450k for a season with no replacement in Canberra. He was a targeted signing and is obviously a huge part of Sticks long term plans.

He’ll be stood down for a bit, Ricky will give him an absolute bollocking behind closed doors and he’ll be back on the field at some point in green this season.

The only way we will cut him is if the league forces us to.
From what we do neither of those two really did anything to harm anyone other than themselves. If he has attempted to land some decent shots on cops then I can't see any way he can be retained.
If the league doesn't make us sack him I severely doubt that we will. It's basically conceding the 2020 season.
I’m putting it out there that this sort of statement is ridiculously over the top. Centre is the least important position on the field and he’s not exactly one of the best around.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:10 pm

I've got to say, as the day has gone on I'm even more pissed off at this Curtis Scott news. We lost Rapana and BJ, and gained him. With solid backline depth on paper it was as good as, or slightly weaker than last year. Now this **** has gone out and punched on with cops.

Last year was amazing, and this year we're hoping to go one game better. Instead we're looking at having lost 3 players in our backline. Way to endear yourself to your new clubs supporters, Curtis.
Yup lost two guys of great character (sure BJ had his moments on the field) who helped take us to a GF to sign this absolute dope. To think people were ripping Joey's football smarts the other day, within 72 hours his replacement confirms he has an IQ of about 60.

I'm not a happy member.
Great character?

Are we just going to forget the revenge pic cause it’s convenient?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Captain Punish wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:17 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:10 pm

I'm not a happy member.
Great character?

Are we just going to forget the revenge pic cause it’s convenient?
Talking about his time at the Raiders. If you are going to go back through player history in the NRL you pretty much couldn't support the code.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

From what I have read so far. He will be fine. Cops need to be careful waking up a drunk bloke. We have all been there. Ricky will have to work on his professionalism. Keep him please.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Hope the NRL comes down on him hard... Honestly I'm sick to death of these flogs getting black out drunk every **** weekend. The **** is wrong with these morons?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Neeeegz wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:40 pm From what I have read so far. He will be fine. Cops need to be careful waking up a drunk bloke. We have all been there. Ricky will have to work on his professionalism. Keep him please.
We most certainly have not all been there :roflmao
But generally i think it's going to not be as big a deal as we're feeling right now, but we're going to have to manage a fairly lengthy suspension.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I believe that using the taser automatically triggers a camera, or at least that's the case in QLD.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

T_R wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:50 pm I believe that using the taser automatically triggers a camera, or at least that's the case in QLD.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Do they hurt?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

His punishment from the NRL is anybody's guess. The inconsistency of late; NAS, Fifita, Sivo and Reynolds after having JdB, Walker and Wighton punished seemingly more severely last season. With that sort of inconsistency Scott could receive 0 weeks or capital punishment?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

There will be plenty of excuses coming as to why his actions were understandable, and forgivable.

"We've all been there" - what a joke.

Fact is, it's a serious criminal charge. And before he's even played a game for us.

His aptitude on the field doesn't make a difference. If the decision makers have a pair they'll let him go.

That would be the decision in any other professional organisation in the country.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Don't check the site all day and open up to this. **** me dead.

If he's guilty of what he's being charged for then rip up his contract, plain and simple. No room for that type of scumbag **** here and he hasn't even pulled on the green yet. We went through hell to get to where we are with this squad, there's no going back to the old days.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I was shocked when I heard the news, but obviously not as shocked as Curtis Scott when the Taser fired.....
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

If I'm Ricky I'm thinking-

Is this guy here to win a GF?

Can he help those around him lift to get to the GF?

Can he perform in the GF?

All signs point to no.

Wighton had untold talent and years at the club to back him up. Scott is a mid tier talent without that luxury.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Botman wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:48 pm
Neeeegz wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:40 pm From what I have read so far. He will be fine. Cops need to be careful waking up a drunk bloke. We have all been there. Ricky will have to work on his professionalism. Keep him please.
We most certainly have not all been there :roflmao
But generally i think it's going to not be as big a deal as we're feeling right now, but we're going to have to manage a fairly lengthy suspension.
Is it even Australia Day if you haven't been tasered?
casta66
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Laurie

Post by casta66 »

How do we start one of those petitions to give Todd Carney the #4 Jersey?

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

If he’s sacked by the club does that mean we can use that money this season? If yes.. can we make a play at Dane Gagai to replace Scott?
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Ilanraiders wrote: January 27, 2020, 10:55 pm If he’s sacked by the club does that mean we can use that money this season? If yes.. can we make a play at Dane Gagai to replace Scott?
Are we the Queensland state of origin team? If not, I don’t know why we’d want Gagai as that’s the only side he steps up for.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Mr Squiggle
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Mr Squiggle »

Hopefully the club was smart enough, given his history, to insist on strict behavioural/alcohol clauses in his contract. If that's the case I'd like to see the club punt him ASAP and write off any gap in the roster as the cost of maintaining the kind of culture that got us to within a few dodgy calls of a premiership.

We are in our premiership window and can't waste it hoping against logic that this idiot grows a brain.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

julian87 wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:11 pm

We did the ‘right thing’ for years with Carney, Dugan, etc and it always came back to bite us on the backside when the NRL let them sign with another club immediately. We showed last summer with Fighton’ Wighton that we aren’t taking the moral high ground any more for the benefit of other clubs. We’re also not paying BJ $450k for a season with no replacement in Canberra. He was a targeted signing and is obviously a huge part of Sticks long term plans.

He’ll be stood down for a bit, Ricky will give him an absolute bollocking behind closed doors and he’ll be back on the field at some point in green this season.

From what we do neither of those two really did anything to harm anyone other than themselves. If he has attempted to land some decent shots on cops then I can't see any way he can be retained.
If the league doesn't make us sack him I severely doubt that we will. It's basically conceding the 2020 season.
I’m putting it out there that this sort of statement is ridiculously over the top. Centre is the least important position on the field and he’s not exactly one of the best around.
Correct. Leilua and Rapana missed a good chunk of last year to injury and we did ok. Won several games without them. Last year's success was built on a hard working forward pack and solid defence, don't think that's gonna go to **** cos we have a centre out. Well it shouldn't anyway.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Timbo wrote: January 27, 2020, 11:10 pm
Ilanraiders wrote: January 27, 2020, 10:55 pm If he’s sacked by the club does that mean we can use that money this season? If yes.. can we make a play at Dane Gagai to replace Scott?
Are we the Queensland state of origin team? If not, I don’t know why we’d want Gagai as that’s the only side he steps up for.
I'd almost neck myself if we signed Gagai. I'd honestly prefer Oldfield
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

:lol: we've all been there!? Get ****. No we haven't.

The bloke got tasered for crying out loud.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

julian87 wrote: January 27, 2020, 8:11 pm

I'm in Julian's camp here. This is pretty ordinary, but if was going to happen to one of our players, Scott is my first choice. Suspending him or tearing up his contract will have the least impact of anyone in the team.

Stuart will have to think long and hard about this. He's not an elite talent, and if he's this loose, keeping him around may have a detrimental effect on the entire group.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

With his track record, I reckon there's currently a 10% chance he sees out his full 4 year contract, even if the club backs him after this one.

It's pretty rare for a young player to pull his head in long term. Many can do it for a year (see Carney with the Dally M) but they generally go back to bad habits. Stuart has a history of backing his boys, but this should absolutely test his resolve. The last thing we need is a B grade talent derailing us halfway through the season like he did at the Storm.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

I’m a Raiders fan and what really pisses me off is the disrespect he has shown to Ricky Stuart and the players.
Scott signs on with a new club he know BJ has left so he pretty much has a starting spot but the guy obviously has a
mental problem because what Buffon gets so drunk on Aust Day months out from the season ends up passed out EDIT gets woken up and he starts to kick and punch the Police.
EDIT
I have no idea what his contact states but it would be good to say bye bye and maybe Adam D ?
I think Scott will be out for awhile his court date Feb 20th.
Last edited by greeneyed on January 28, 2020, 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Factual accuracy
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

Hazza wrote: January 28, 2020, 12:09 am
Imagine willingly letting Leiulua go and ending up with Gagai in his spot. It doesn't get much more Raiders than that :lol:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 28, 2020, 5:42 am
Imagine willingly letting Leiulua go and ending up with Gagai in his spot. It doesn't get much more Raiders than that :lol:
Our recruitment and retention is some of the best in the comp over the last 5 years? I'd say comfortably the best of the non glamour clubs.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I really don’t think he’s being sacked
This is not deemed serious enough for the no fault stand down policy
So I just don’t see it... maybe I’m wrong but it just doesn’t seem like this is in the tea leaves

The questions for me are, what level of suspension is he going to get and who replaces him for that time?
And is this a Wighton (Knock on wood) level wake up call or is this going to be a reoccurring theme for his career?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

put Valemei or Timoko on that right wing see how they develop since we have Smith Shields and Oldfield fairly known quantities

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

edwahu wrote: January 28, 2020, 5:54 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: January 28, 2020, 5:42 am
Our recruitment and retention is some of the best in the comp over the last 5 years? I'd say comfortably the best of the non glamour clubs.
Yup can't argue with that. I don't actually think we'd pursue Gagai but it would definitely recall picking Jason Smith over Thurston if we did.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

bonehead wrote: January 28, 2020, 6:16 am put Valemei or Timoko on that right wing see how they develop since we have Smith Shields and Oldfield fairly known quantities

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
If someone is getting the chance to develop in first grade, it’ll be Harley Smith-Shields IMO. He’s just out of Flegg himself and was the most outstanding player coming through. Timoko isn’t in the top 30 (yet). I agree, I’d much rather a young guy given a shot, as Cotric was a few years ago.

I’d actually put him at centre and leave Cotric on the wing.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Ilanraiders wrote:If he’s sacked by the club does that mean we can use that money this season? If yes.. can we make a play at Dane Gagai to replace Scott?
That would be a good signing
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Canberra Raiders recruit Curtis Scott arrested after Moore Park incident

Post by LastRaider »

Botman wrote:I really don’t think he’s being sacked
This is not deemed serious enough for the no fault stand down policy
So I just don’t see it... maybe I’m wrong but it just doesn’t seem like this is in the tea leaves

The questions for me are, what level of suspension is he going to get and who replaces him for that time?
And is this a Wighton (Knock on wood) level wake up call or is this going to be a reoccurring theme for his career?
He assaulted a police officer. Come on, it’s a terrible representation of the club and game.

Botman would you think it’s acceptable if your going about your job and then someone punches you while your at work.