Curtis Scott is a born-and-bred Shire boy. This is why he snubbed Sydney... twice

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Curtis Scott is a born-and-bred Shire boy. This is why he snubbed Sydney... twice

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders centre Curtis Scott is a born-and-bred Shire boy. This is why he snubbed Sydney... twice

As a born-and-bred Shire boy – who has family in Sydney – Canberra might seem an odd choice for a new club for Curtis Scott, but his intention was to actually avoid Sydney for the benefit of his career.

“Signing with Canberra was to stay out of the Sydney rat-race and the Sydney fishbowl. It’s a good place to just concentrate on footy and at the moment, that’s the most important thing – apart from my family – that’s going on in my life,” Scott said this week.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/curtis ... fad614258f
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Curtis Scott is a born-and-bred Shire boy. This is why he snubbed Sydney... twice

Post by greeneyed »

When Scott was signed, Ricky Stuart spoke about Scott's maturity... and you have to like the sorts of things he says and does so far... and he seems like a very nice bloke as well. Impressive.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Curtis Scott is a born-and-bred Shire boy. This is why he snubbed Sydney... twice

Post by Ruben Daley »

greeneyed wrote: January 24, 2020, 3:23 pm When Scott was signed, Ricky Stuart spoke about Scott's maturity... and you have to like the sorts of things he says and does so far... and he seems like a very nice bloke as well. Impressive.
Agreed. It was actually the quality I was most concerned about because I'd heard he was a bit of a loose unit. But while every player claims they're putting footy first, he's making some big decisions to back up the words.

Still sorry to see BJ go but I'm hoping Scott smashes it.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I can't wait to watch him play in lime green. If ill-discipline and serious injury are behind him then we have a quality outside back in the squad. Talent was never lacking. It will be interesting to see how quickly he adapts to Sticky style football. With the wide early ball movement he will get plenty of opportunity.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Definitely an attitude upgrade it seems. Hopefully the talent follows!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I just spent 10 minutes re-reading my posts about Beej when we signed him, and the concerns about Scott are similar to those i had for Beej
And this club, its new found culture, lead by Stuart turned him from being a player i didnt like, to me being one of his stuanchest defenders. Which is probably why i've been pretty positive about the Scott signing. I now feel like this coaching staff and club can be trusted to take on guys like Scott who have immense talent, and get the most out of them
Sydney_Raider
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Sydney_Raider »

Apparently he was arrested in Sydney last night. No details.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sydney_Raider wrote:Apparently he was arrested in Sydney last night. No details.
Yep, reported in the DT this morning.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

If it’s anything really bad such as Jack’s civic incident we should let him go immediately. We owe him nothing.
Hoping it isn’t anything serious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manbush
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Luke Turner

Post by Manbush »

Seiffert82 wrote: January 25, 2020, 2:01 pm Definitely an attitude upgrade it seems. Hopefully the talent follows!
Attitude downgrade it now appears.
I bow down to thee oh great Nickman, the wisest of the wise, your political adroitness is unsurpassed, your sagacity is unmatched, your wisdom shines through on this forum amongst us mere mortals as bright as your scalp under the light of a full moon, never shall I doubt your analytical prowess again. You are my hero, my lord, my savior, may you accept my offerings so you continue to bless us with your genius.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Danaman137 wrote: January 27, 2020, 9:24 am If it’s anything really bad such as Jack’s civic incident we should let him go immediately. We owe him nothing.

I guess Cotric would be right centre Round 1 if we went that path. No way we can make BJ stay now as he has secured another couple of years at the Tigers.

I doubt it'll come to that but pretty terrible signs about the long term value of this signing.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote: January 24, 2020, 3:23 pm When Scott was signed, Ricky Stuart spoke about Scott's maturity... and you have to like the sorts of things he says and does so far... and he seems like a very nice bloke as well. Impressive.
Clearly, I should have knocked on wood.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:
Danaman137 wrote: January 27, 2020, 9:24 am If it’s anything really bad such as Jack’s civic incident we should let him go immediately. We owe him nothing.

I guess Cotric would be right centre Round 1 if we went that path. No way we can make BJ stay now as he has secured another couple of years at the Tigers.

I doubt it'll come to that but pretty terrible signs about the long term value of this signing.
Yep. I wouldn’t be making Joey stay. If I were Don I’d be saying to Joey ‘Look, this has happened, the spot is yours if you want it but if you want to honour your new Tigers deal then that’s absolutely fine.’

If not then yeah I’d be giving Cotric that centre position and Oldfield gets the wing spot. Maybe we can make a case now to steal Rapana back?

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Leilua has a three year deal on the table from the Tigers... he won't be staying with a club that has told him they don't want him after 2020... and the deal agreed still sees him get his $700,000 for 2020.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

greeneyed wrote:Leilua has a three year deal on the table from the Tigers... he won't be staying with a club that has told him they don't want him after 2020... and the deal agreed still sees him get his $700,000 for 2020.
Absolutely agree. That’s just what I’d be saying if I were in the club’s position.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Wow, this is looking like it might take some beating for worst Raiders signing in history!

Wasn’t there a pommy centre Mr.Posh said was the goods? Get him out here stat!

Not that I have a problem with Oldbeard, he’s a champ. We just need more depth, particularly at centre.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

‘I need to stay out of the Sydney rat race, too many distractions’

Nek minit

Arrested in the Sydney rat race.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: January 27, 2020, 9:48 am Wow, this is looking like it might take some beating for worst Raiders signing in history!
Isn't it a little bit premature to be saying things like that? Let's wait and see what actually happened. All we know from the story is he's been charged with resisting arrest.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

We're screwed
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

greeneyed wrote:
gangrenous wrote: January 27, 2020, 9:48 am Wow, this is looking like it might take some beating for worst Raiders signing in history!
Isn't it a little bit premature to be saying things like that?! Let's wait and see what actually happened. All we know from the story is he's been charged with resisting arrest.
I don’t know about you. But there are very few explanations that will redeem this situation. I mean are we expecting to hear the police officer was kicking a puppy and his intervention got him arrested?

No we don’t have all the facts yet and we’ll see how this plays out. But on the balance of probability I don’t think we want him at the Raiders...
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Are we just cursed or something
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I don’t know that you can call it cursed when you recruit someone understanding they have issues and it explodes.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

I just mean everything was looking very promising for this season ... And now this. Not the first time something has happened like this when we've been looking on the up either
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I've heard it was a Wests Tigers staffer putting him under citizens arrest to increase their Leilua bargaining power.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Azza wrote:I just mean everything was looking very promising for this season ... And now this. Not the first time something has happened like this when we've been looking on the up either
Yeah, but you don’t get to complain about it when that’s the gamble you took as a club. Don’t want this to happen as frequently? Don’t sign people with known issues.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

*Comes to Canberra to avoid Sydney and focus on footy*

*Goes to Sydney, gets ****faced and allegedly assaults police officer*

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

gangrenous wrote: January 27, 2020, 10:48 am
Azza wrote:I just mean everything was looking very promising for this season ... And now this. Not the first time something has happened like this when we've been looking on the up either
Yeah, but you don’t get to complain about it when that’s the gamble you took as a club. Don’t want this to happen as frequently? Don’t sign people with known issues.
I get to complain about it because I'm a fan not in charge of recruitment
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Well sure, but I’m just suggesting it makes more sense to go with “can we stop taking these signing risks?” instead of “we’re cursed”.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

More fluff pieces please

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Manbush wrote: January 27, 2020, 9:25 am
Seiffert82 wrote: January 25, 2020, 2:01 pm Definitely an attitude upgrade it seems. Hopefully the talent follows!
Acting like a **** in public on Australia Day, resisting arrest, kicked a police officer, tasered and locked up in jail.

Sorry Curtis Scott, but you're an absolute **** wit.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Acting like a **** in public on Australia Day, resisting arrest, kicked a police officer, tasered and locked up in jail.
Sounds pretty standard right around the country TBH
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Dr Zaius wrote: January 27, 2020, 2:05 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:
Sounds pretty standard right around the country TBH
Sadly yes. And we'll get the usual split of "I would have lost my job too, if I did that", vs "Well I wouldn't have, heaps of people do it".

Usually about 50/50. Let's just say it's enough to get you sacked from plenty of places. Whether he should from playing footy..?

I just don't think we need to bring in loose cannons who cannot even hold their sausage sanga together for a single pre season before they go bananas.

Putting it together with Storm's actions and his own statements, this bloke is a mad turps chaser who is constantly on the verge of implosion and Bellyache didn't see much improvement happening anytime soon either.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

Well this didn’t age well.
Green Blogger
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Green Blogger »

Lol. At least he recognised where his risks laid. He just could not stay away.