Scottric emerges as new Canberra Raiders right edge

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Scottric emerges as new Canberra Raiders right edge

Post by Danaman137 »

At the open training session now. Interesting to note that Cotric is training at right wing outside Scott.
Simonsson on the left outside toots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Toughest preseason ever 2020

Post by greeneyed »

Hmmm...
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

What’s also interesting to me is that Big Red and Guler haven’t had a run with the firsts team at all. Stick opting for Lui and Sutton to start the new year it seems. Will be interesting to see the round one line up.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Danaman137 wrote: January 17, 2020, 10:54 am What’s also interesting to me is that Big Red and Guler haven’t had a run with the firsts team at all. Stick opting for Lui and Sutton to start the new year it seems. Will be interesting to see the round one line up.

I can't see that tbh.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

greeneyed wrote: January 17, 2020, 10:56 am
Danaman137 wrote: January 17, 2020, 10:54 am What’s also interesting to me is that Big Red and Guler haven’t had a run with the firsts team at all. Stick opting for Lui and Sutton to start the new year it seems. Will be interesting to see the round one line up.

I can't see that tbh.
Id say given the form that Red and Guler finished 2019 with, Sticky would give both Lui and Sutton an opportunity to contend with them for a spot. The kids own it, its up to Lui and Sutton to step up, this may be their shot.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

Coastalraider wrote:

I can't see that tbh.
Id say given the form that Red and Guler finished 2019 with, Sticky would give both Lui and Sutton an opportunity to contend with them for a spot. The kids own it, its up to Lui and Sutton to step up, this may be their shot.
Fair take.
I also wasn’t overly impressed with G.Williams. Hopefully it was just an off day or the weather affected him but he dropped quite a few balls, missed the mark on a few passes to his outside backs. Also his field goal practice after training left a bit to be desired :/

On the bright side hodgo kicked 4/4

Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Danaman137 wrote: January 17, 2020, 11:44 am
Coastalraider wrote:

I can't see that tbh.
Fair take.
I also wasn’t overly impressed with G.Williams. Hopefully it was just an off day or the weather affected him but he dropped quite a few balls, missed the mark on a few passes to his outside backs. Also his field goal practice after training left a bit to be desired :/

On the bright side hodgo kicked 4/4

That's extremely concerning. Bring back orfarce ASAP IMO.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Scottric emerges as new Canberra Raiders right edge

Post by greeneyed »

'Scottric' emerges as new Canberra Raiders right edge

Introducing "Scottric", potentially the Canberra Raiders new right edge.

"They've actually become a very, very tight mates. They've got on really well together, but they're very tight." coach Stuart said. "It's really good to see to be quite honest. [Cotric's] been training on the right. and finding quite a combination with Curtis at the moment."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Curtick Scottric

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

gergreg wrote: January 19, 2020, 6:16 pm Curtick Scottric

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
:thumbsup
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

We do love a bromance! Cant think of any other club with as many as we have had
Vaccinated
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Not surprising. Right side is Cotric’s preferred from where he played centre in Juniors and will help with Origin with Addo Carr holding the left wing.

On the other side I felt Croker and Simmonsen struck up a good combination instantly from the trials
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

Sid wrote:Not surprising. Right side is Cotric’s preferred from where he played centre in Juniors and will help with Origin with Addo Carr holding the left wing.

On the other side I felt Croker and Simmonsen struck up a good combination instantly from the trials
I agree on the Simo and Croker combo. Simo looked very good in the open training session. Cleaned up anything that was kicked near him on defence. Both high and low with some decent pressure on him. Could be a real breakout year for him with a cemented starting spot.

Danaman137
Brett Mullins

Post by Danaman137 »

Danaman137 wrote:
Sid wrote:Not surprising. Right side is Cotric’s preferred from where he played centre in Juniors and will help with Origin with Addo Carr holding the left wing.

I agree on the Simo and Croker combo. Simo looked very good in the open training session. Cleaned up anything that was kicked near him on defence. Both high and low with some decent pressure on him. Could be a real breakout year for him with a cemented starting spot.

I reckon he’ll be our leading try scorer this year. Jack loves a cut out ball to his winger and we’ve already seen Simo’s finishing ability. NZ camp can only have been a positive aswell.

Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

In 2018 you would be forgiven for thinking that pairing Croker with a former 7’s player would turn out to be a defensive nightmare, but they seemed to stick solid. Particularly having Wighton on their inside
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

Danaman137 wrote: January 19, 2020, 11:22 pm
Danaman137 wrote:

I reckon he’ll be our leading try scorer this year. Jack loves a cut out ball to his winger and we’ve already seen Simo’s finishing ability. NZ camp can only have been a positive aswell.

totally agree with this.
raider 4 life
DarkRaider
Glenn Lazarus

Post by DarkRaider »

If Scottric happens in 2020 (and I kind of hope it doesn’t as that will likely mean BJ has left early) I think it’ll be pretty successful. I rate Curtis and so do plenty of people in the media it seems, would not surprise me in the slightest if we see a Scott/Cotric edge combo lining up for NSW at some stage in 2020.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think there is some connective tissue about what Scott and Cotric might value in terms of their training regime :lol:
Seems like a good match. Both players at their best... good luck scoring down there with Cotric, Scott and Bateman.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

DarkRaider wrote: January 20, 2020, 6:19 pm If Scottric happens in 2020
Or as Whitehead called it on the radio, "Dumb and Dumber"....
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Lui_Bon wrote: January 20, 2020, 9:27 pm
:lol: :lol:
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: January 21, 2020, 8:33 am
Lui_Bon wrote: January 20, 2020, 9:27 pm
:lol: :lol:
:roflmao
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm cautiously interested in how this will go. I agree that I thought Croker and Simonssen gelled beautifully last year and if Cotric and Scott are working well together then go with what works. My caution stems primarily from the idea of switching Croker's side. Still, I have to have faith in Sticky. He made it work last year.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Croker is staying on the left. It's Cotric that is moving.
So
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Scott
5. Cotric
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

zim wrote: January 23, 2020, 7:53 pm Croker is staying on the left. It's Cotric that is moving.
So
2. Simonsson
3. Croker
4. Scott
5. Cotric
Yep.

I'm fine with that.

Cotric filled in a right side centre for a handful of games while Joey was out (I think injury and origin hampered the longer stint there) and actually did ok on review. Didn't grab it and make it so we never wanted the Dally M Centre of the Year back but did ok. Also played on the right as a junior so it's not like he can't turn left or anything.

Simo obviously was gangbusters on the left, where he ended up mostly playing. I can't remember if he played much right but he was happy on the left and it makes sense putting him outside the captain/experience.

I've honestly barely seen Scott play. Watching Melbourne is not a leisure activity. There's no way he's Joey level but I've full confidence in the other 3 players there and Stick grabbed Scott quick smart as soon as he had a sniff so he was very sure.
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

Will be interesting to see cotric on the right wing. Defense should be great with him and Scott. Attack should be good as well as long as they get good early ball. Only concern is cotric can only fend with his left hand and likes to creep across field in yardage. He Might have to realize he’s massive and run hard and straight. If he can do that I think he will make the origin team.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Yeah the right edge should be fine. It's the left edge with Simonsson that will be interesting to see.
Great one on one but structurally he made a lot of wrong calls last year. Which is no surprise given his background and the year he had.
Should be much better after a pre-season practicing and a specific role.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

zim wrote: January 24, 2020, 9:29 am Yeah the right edge should be fine. It's the left edge with Simonsson that will be interesting to see.
Great one on one but structurally he made a lot of wrong calls last year. Which is no surprise given his background and the year he had.
Should be much better after a pre-season practicing and a specific role.
Yeah it's going to be very interesting to see how he progresses with reading the jam. We got burned a few times last year when Jack and Croker jammed, and Simo was either late to see it and react or just didnt jam in at all... So that'll be a really important thing to work on in the off season, Simo has to train his eyes to make sure he's aware of what Jack and Croker are doing inside him.
I think it'll be ok especially if he's there game in, game out for 80 minutes... but we might see some teething issues early