Raiders player signing speculation 2020

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Get back the Ten
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: John Bateman

Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by Get back the Ten »

Ferguson is still a good player who has turned his life around.(from all reports)He can play centre wing fullback and is a good dummy half runner former international and state of origin player
He was on the roof with Dugan drinking cruisers
That is a sticking point for negotiations

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Get back the Ten on November 19, 2020, 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by Neeeegz »

What if...
The Rapana delay in signing is linked to us going for mansaur again..
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Neeeegz wrote: November 19, 2020, 7:48 pm What if...
The Rapana delay in signing is linked to us going for mansaur again..
I don't think so
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Rapana delay might have more to do with it now being talked about as a 1 year deal and not the 2 years it was floated at when first coming up in the media.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

Roosters release Christian Tuipulotu

The Sydney Roosters have released young outside back Christian Tuipulotu, with immediate effect, to enable him to take up an opportunity with another NRL club.

Read more: https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/1 ... tuipulotu/

Do any of you know anything about this ? There was a post on another forum stating "People on the Chookpen forums with reliable information reckon he’s going to Canberra." he would be a good signing - young and fast, and inexpensive. Just what we need.

http://www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/forum ... post859383
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

He was very highly rated when he was at the warriors prior to joining the roosters, signed a 3/4 year deal as a 13 year old.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Never heard of him, but if he's young, super athletic and talented, then im absolutely on board with kicking the tyres on him
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Just fwiw the Broncos have picked up the biggest upside train and trial in a while in Albert Kelly.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

julian87 wrote: November 23, 2020, 8:40 pm Just fwiw the Broncos have picked up the biggest upside train and trial in a while in Albert Kelly.
:lol: Go Kevvy!

Who was that Australian player in Super League that everyone always wanted to sign for the Raiders again?
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Serious ftr. A better player than plenty of halves playing lots of footy in the NRL the last few years.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Proven not to be up to scratch at NRL level. Quite possibly better than what the Broncos have.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:
julian87 wrote: November 23, 2020, 8:40 pm Just fwiw the Broncos have picked up the biggest upside train and trial in a while in Albert Kelly.

Who was that Australian player in Super League that everyone always wanted to sign for the Raiders again?
John Folau?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

John Folau?
It was a half. Australian playing in England. Every year it was we should get ... went on for years.

BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Tuipolotu is pretty highly rated by Roosters fans. "Played one game and still scored more tries than Ryan Hall" :roflmao

He'd be a decent get. He'd be the third random ex union, big unit 18-21 year old winger we've signed in the off season though so I doubt we are really signing him.
Last edited by BadnMean on November 24, 2020, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: November 24, 2020, 3:12 pm
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

John Folau?
It was a half. Australian playing in England. Every year it was we should get ... went on for years.

Is this an Orford joke? Or a Hastings reference?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

If Tuipulotu is the bloke I'm thinking of, he only played one game for the Roosters this season?

If that was him, I recall watching that game thinking he was plenty involved but made a couple of errors and didn't make a huge impact with the ball. I reckon Valemei has more upside, but can't hurt to try him out.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Seiffert82 wrote: November 24, 2020, 3:47 pm If Tuipulotu is the bloke I'm thinking of, he only played one game for the Roosters this season?

If that was him, I recall watching that game thinking he was plenty involved but made a couple of errors and didn't make a huge impact with the ball. I reckon Valemei has more upside, but can't hurt to try him out.
That's him. I think every winger who came into FG cold with no reggies to play in this year made a few errors. He played pretty well, 130m vs the Storm, 55 post contact metres. Broke a few tackles. Thing is their other rookie winger Ikavalu played that game also and had a blinder, 200+ metres, breaks, the lot, played the house down. So Tuipolutu was decent but if the Roosters are keeping one rookie winger and letting one go... Ikavalu did better. Just one game though.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BadnMean wrote: November 24, 2020, 3:19 pm Tuipolotu is pretty highly rated by Roosters fans. "Played one game and still scored more tries than Ryan Hall" :roflmao

He'd be a decent get. He'd be the third random ex union, big unit 18-21 year old winger we've signed in the off season though so I doubt we are really signing him.
Tuipolotu is not coming to the Raiders. Don’t know where he’s going though.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

greeneyed wrote:
Image Go Kevvy!

Was it Jacob Miller? He is exactly the type of player the GH would have called for us to sign during those lean years. And he would've been just as good as any option we had at the time.

I like these games. Josh Lewis was a player that was floated plenty as well.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Jake wrote: November 24, 2020, 4:37 pm
greeneyed wrote:
Image Go Kevvy!

Was it Jacob Miller? He is exactly the type of player the GH would have called for us to sign during those lean years. And he would've been just as good as any option we had at the time.

I like these games. Josh Lewis was a player that was floated plenty as well.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
No predated him... that’s why I’m struggling to remember.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

John Folau?
Ahh yep, Michael Monaghan
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: November 24, 2020, 5:15 pm
greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

John Folau?
Ahh yep, Michael Monaghan
No... that was me, every year he was at the Sea Eagles... and I was right! :thumbsup
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Scott dureau?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No not Scott.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Jarrod Sammut?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No Sammut... It's is on the edge of the brain...
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Wasnt an aussie, it was the kiwi half Henry Paul
Every god damn year there were mumours he was coming to the NRL to play for us... Never happened.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: November 24, 2020, 6:44 pm Wasnt an aussie, it was the kiwi half Henry Paul
Every god damn year there were mumours he was coming to the NRL to play for us... Never happened.
That's it! Good forum memory... but I think it might have been Robbie!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Im fairly certain it was Henry, i remember it as it if was yesterday, because EVERY god damn year i got excited about the idea of it... i actually rated Henry Paul pretty highly and we had such a **** show in the halves for so long... i believe the rumours began because he was coached by Matt Elliott at the Bulls, and they were said to be close.

From memory Henry was a classic running 5/8th and Robbie was a stocky, solid hooker. But i dont think Elliot ever coached Robbie
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Actually Elliott did coach them both and the two were halves partners
Im still pretty sure it was Henry who was always rumoured to come here though. But it could be either
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Both those Paul boys were good players.

Played a lot of test footy for NZ as well but unfortunately never tested themselves in Oz
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: November 23, 2020, 5:50 pm Roosters release Christian Tuipulotu

The Sydney Roosters have released young outside back Christian Tuipulotu, with immediate effect, to enable him to take up an opportunity with another NRL club.

Read more: https://www.roosters.com.au/news/2020/1 ... tuipulotu/

Do any of you know anything about this ? There was a post on another forum stating "People on the Chookpen forums with reliable information reckon he’s going to Canberra." he would be a good signing - young and fast, and inexpensive. Just what we need.

http://www.thechookpen.com.au/vb5/forum ... post859383
Manly fans believe he is going there
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Botman wrote: November 24, 2020, 6:56 pm Actually Elliott did coach them both and the two were halves partners
Im still pretty sure it was Henry who was always rumoured to come here though. But it could be either
I think it was mostly Robbie, but you are right, it was Henry too. (How hard was it saying Botman was right? Right? ;) :lol: )
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

BadnMean wrote: November 24, 2020, 4:08 pm
Seiffert82 wrote: November 24, 2020, 3:47 pm If Tuipulotu is the bloke I'm thinking of, he only played one game for the Roosters this season?

That's him. I think every winger who came into FG cold with no reggies to play in this year made a few errors. He played pretty well, 130m vs the Storm, 55 post contact metres. Broke a few tackles. Thing is their other rookie winger Ikavalu played that game also and had a blinder, 200+ metres, breaks, the lot, played the house down. So Tuipolutu was decent but if the Roosters are keeping one rookie winger and letting one go... Ikavalu did better. Just one game though.
Yeah, I do recall their other winger killing it that game. Ikavalu certainly looks a real prospect.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Seiffert82 wrote: November 25, 2020, 9:34 am
BadnMean wrote: November 24, 2020, 4:08 pm

Yeah, I do recall their other winger killing it that game. Ikavalu certainly looks a real prospect.
ikavalu had played previous games and was so poor that ennis labelled him the pasha bulker
Dont delete this GE