Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by julian87 »

Dusty wrote: July 2, 2020, 7:27 pm
julian87 wrote:
Dusty wrote: July 2, 2020, 6:26 pm Jacob Saifiti

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Couldn't like this post enough tbh.
He’s in very good form. Growing up and through the grades he was arguably the better player of the two.

I think a year or two where N. Brown tried to make him an edge player stunted his development a little. He’s ripe and ready in my opinion.

Can't speal of his junior career but he's a great young prop I agree with you 100%.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Out principle, of **** on the Saifiti's for most of the N.Brown era where they were both a whole lot of miss with some very mild hits, i cant sign off on it

But they both look like they're finally going to make the most of their talents under Adam O'Brien. They've been fantastic this year
Finchy
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Proctor sucks. Looked good in the Storm system (as most plodders do) but has shown nothing at the Titans. And he screwed us over before (which actually turned out better for us in hindsight). It's a big no thanks from me.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

This Adam Elliott bloke really likes getting his gear off at every social function doesn't he?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b6703f24b3
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Solid unit.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Anyone suggested molo from cowboys as a middle? Whats his contract situation like? Similarly, moses leota from penrith
Dont delete this GE
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Adam Elliot has ability. He stands out in one of the worst forward packs in the NRL, could definitely be a handy pickup.

Asiata’s versatility is a bonus. Not that we’d ever play him in the halves, but at least he has the ability beyond being a one-trick-pony. Goes ok.

Liam Martin strikes me as a player that could go next-level. Nuggety strong bloke, runs hard lines and has improvement in him. Plenty of upside there, would be happy to see us take a punt on him.

Kevin Proctor, strong no. His extra curricular activities are not welcome.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

yeh raiders wrote:Adam Elliot has ability. He stands out in one of the worst forward packs in the NRL, could definitely be a handy pickup.

Asiata’s versatility is a bonus. Not that we’d ever play him in the halves, but at least he has the ability beyond being a one-trick-pony. Goes ok.

Liam Martin strikes me as a player that could go next-level. Nuggety strong bloke, runs hard lines and has improvement in him. Plenty of upside there, would be happy to see us take a punt on him.

elliott will be 30yr old next season with 90 nrl games, yeah he's decent enough this season but he's been barely nrl standard up till now and in possibly his final "contract year" it's a no from me.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

yeh raiders wrote: July 3, 2020, 11:30 am Adam Elliot has ability. He stands out in one of the worst forward packs in the NRL, could definitely be a handy pickup.

Hypothetically speaking, EDIT?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

bonehead wrote: July 3, 2020, 11:47 am
yeh raiders wrote:Adam Elliot has ability. He stands out in one of the worst forward packs in the NRL, could definitely be a handy pickup.

elliott will be 30yr old next season with 90 nrl games, yeah he's decent enough this season but he's been barely nrl standard up till now and in possibly his final "contract year" it's a no from me.
Wikipedia might be off there. According to the club website he's 25:
https://www.bulldogs.com.au/teams/telst ... m-elliott/
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Finchy wrote: July 3, 2020, 12:59 pm
yeh raiders wrote: July 3, 2020, 11:30 am Adam Elliot has ability. He stands out in one of the worst forward packs in the NRL, could definitely be a handy pickup.

Hypothetically speaking, EDIT
Are you suggesting EDIT?
Dont delete this GE
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

simo wrote: July 3, 2020, 10:07 am Anyone suggested molo from cowboys as a middle? Whats his contract situation like? Similarly, moses leota from penrith
Apparently Molo was going to be shipped to the super league, might be an option in the right system
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Neeeegz wrote: July 3, 2020, 1:57 pm
simo wrote: July 3, 2020, 10:07 am Anyone suggested molo from cowboys as a middle? Whats his contract situation like? Similarly, moses leota from penrith
Apparently Molo was going to be shipped to the super league, might be an option in the right system
I see Molo in similar light to Dunamis Lui. Decent depth middle forward. Don't mind having those guys in the squad.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by LastRaider »

I’m a fan of Adam Elliott, but I think that’s more a nostalgic thing. We grew up in the same town and his father taught me at high school!

So I better sit this debate out!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

While the Raiders have been linked with North Queensland middle John Asiata, Canberra recruitment guru Peter Mulholland poured cold water on the prospect. "Definitely not," he said when asked about the ball-playing forward moving to the ACT: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... #gsc.tab=0
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

What are peoples thoughts on isaiah Papali'i? Off contract still very young and loads of experience including games for the kiwis. Wouldnt come cheap but youd have to think weve got a charnze given he has a few mates with us and are in much better shape then the warriors. Thoughts

Also can you imagine having 2 papas in the front row!! What a sight to be seen
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

FROG wrote:What are peoples thoughts on isaiah Papali'i? Off contract still very young and loads of experience including games for the kiwis. Wouldnt come cheap but youd have to think weve got a charnze given he has a few mates with us and are in much better shape then the warriors. Thoughts

Only if they make an effort to pass to one another, just to hear Rabs have a stroke trying to call it.

The world missed a similar opportunity when Keary and Tuqiri were at Souths. They needed a set play off a scrum where Tuqiri played the ball, passed it to Keary who passed it to Tuqiri who taps back to Keary to score
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I hope Mulholland can pull a rabbit out of the hat here. We really need a bit more depth up front.

Surely we have a few $$ to play with after releasing Murchie, Collins and Bateman. Enough to snag at least one decent middle.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

FROG wrote: July 4, 2020, 6:31 am What are peoples thoughts on isaiah Papali'i? Off contract still very young and loads of experience including games for the kiwis. Wouldnt come cheap but youd have to think weve got a charnze given he has a few mates with us and are in much better shape then the warriors. Thoughts

He’s certainly got potential.
I’m not sure why the Warriors would allow him to leave so I do worry he may cost a lot more than we’re thinking.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

FROG wrote: July 4, 2020, 6:31 am What are peoples thoughts on isaiah Papali'i? Off contract still very young and loads of experience including games for the kiwis. Wouldnt come cheap but youd have to think weve got a charnze given he has a few mates with us and are in much better shape then the warriors. Thoughts

Buy and hoard ALL the Papaliis.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BadnMean wrote:

Buy and hoard ALL the Papaliis.
Canberra's IGAs are boosting security at the thought.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: July 4, 2020, 6:55 am
FROG wrote:What are peoples thoughts on isaiah Papali'i? Off contract still very young and loads of experience including games for the kiwis. Wouldnt come cheap but youd have to think weve got a charnze given he has a few mates with us and are in much better shape then the warriors. Thoughts

Only if they make an effort to pass to one another, just to hear Rabs have a stroke trying to call it.

The world missed a similar opportunity when Keary and Tuqiri were at Souths. They needed a set play off a scrum where Tuqiri played the ball, passed it to Keary who passed it to Tuqiri who taps back to Keary to score
How long have you been sitting on that one?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Wouldn't have been surprised if we signed/loaned Hetherington if these injuries happened a week earlier before he went on loan to the warriors.
Would have been a reasonable replacement for Horsburgh
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

kiwi raider wrote: July 4, 2020, 11:08 am Wouldn't have been surprised if we signed/loaned Hetherington if these injuries happened a week earlier before he went on loan to the warriors.
Completely forgot about Hetherington.
Is he on our books?
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by kiwi raider »

GreenMachine wrote: July 4, 2020, 11:13 am
kiwi raider wrote: July 4, 2020, 11:08 am Wouldn't have been surprised if we signed/loaned Hetherington if these injuries happened a week earlier before he went on loan to the warriors.
Completely forgot about Hetherington.
Is he on our books?
No still signed for penrith but not getting any game time, we were rumored to be after him during the off season but it never happened
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Hethrington went to the Warriors this week.

Shannon Boyd on the cheap would be good right about now.

In Ricky We Trust
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Throw some money at TPJ. Surely the Raiders are a better proposition then the Bronco’s
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Left field option: Corey Oates...

His next two contract years are players option. He wants to play backrow. We are weak on the backrow depth.

He would be a very, very fast backrower. We are a slowish team who needs a bit of speed.

If we get Oates, Young could move in and shore up our middle. Which again, makes our middle more mobile and Tapine becomes our impact prop while Young is a mobile lock.

Broncs are a but unhappy. Oates was dropped this week until recalled. I think he's a good footy player. No idea if he'd come to Canberra but it ticks a few boxes and it's going for Origin level players, not journeymen.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

BadnMean wrote:Left field option: Corey Oates...

His next two contract years are players option. He wants to play backrow. We are weak on the backrow depth.

He would be a very, very fast backrower. We are a slowish team who needs a bit of speed.

If we get Oates, Young could move in and shore up our middle. Which again, makes our middle more mobile and Tapine becomes our impact prop while Young is a mobile lock.

Broncs are a but unhappy. Oates was dropped this week until recalled. I think he's a good footy player. No idea if he'd come to Canberra but it ticks a few boxes and it's going for Origin level players, not journeymen.
he was quoted that he told the media he wanted to play backrow to up his value

Edrick The Entertainer
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I don’t think Oates would be particularly fast for a backrower tbh.
Finchy
Jason Croker

Post by Finchy »

julian87 wrote: July 4, 2020, 3:25 pm I don’t think Oates would be particularly fast for a backrower tbh.
Not fast for a backrower, but fast enough to currently be a winger?
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: July 4, 2020, 2:59 pm
BadnMean wrote:Left field option: Corey Oates...

he was quoted that he told the media he wanted to play backrow to up his value

Great, like for like with JB then :roflmao
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Finchy wrote: July 4, 2020, 4:18 pm
julian87 wrote: July 4, 2020, 3:25 pm I don’t think Oates would be particularly fast for a backrower tbh.
Not fast for a backrower, but fast enough to currently be a winger?
Yes.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Would love to see Mago come back
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

There was talk of Alex Johnson a while back and I would welcome him here. He has some serious pace and versatility.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017