Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by Colk »

Lino is terrible...pass
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

greeneyed wrote: October 17, 2020, 3:44 pm Spotted. This afternoon. Paul Vaughan at The Dock on the Kingston Foreshore.
What the hell - one more middle couldn't hurt

Eh, Stick? Amirite?!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

afgtnk wrote:
greeneyed wrote: October 17, 2020, 3:44 pm Spotted. This afternoon. Paul Vaughan at The Dock on the Kingston Foreshore.
What the hell - one more middle couldn't hurt

Eh, Stick? Amirite?!
Can he play centre?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Colk
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Colk »

Somehow I don’t think we are signing Vaughan. He does come from the area so he may be catching up with family or friends - that would seem more plausible
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

It's not a position of need whatsoever, in fact we're overly stocked for middles... but also there would need to be a HUGE reconsilation between player and coach before he's ever coming back.

I was gutted to lose Vaughan, thought it was a mistake but given the way Stick had built the team and his success, he'd earnt the right to do as he pleased with that, and whilst i still think its a mistake to let talent like that go, it's not been a mistake thats cost us. We've got the best and deepest middle rotation in the league.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

Any thoughts of Vaughan coming back here are done and dusted. We've got a few guys now that are both young and shaping to fill that rep level quality you need in your middles, and on top of that, Ricky will probably still be at the helm here until Paul reaches retirement age in a few seasons.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

No chance, he'd be home having beers with his mates

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Okenbor is off contract and carves us up when we play the dogs. In the right system he could be great to replace cotric.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@VaughanyVaughan looked very fit, very tanned, very happy to be in Canberra. Cool sunnies.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Neeeegz wrote: October 17, 2020, 6:59 pm Okenbor is off contract and carves us up when we play the dogs. In the right system he could be great to replace cotric.
Yeah... I just don't think any club wants the PR nightmare of reuniting that pair. We got the one with the least to answer for, Okunbor was another level of wrong.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Neeeegz wrote: October 17, 2020, 6:59 pm Okenbor is off contract and carves us up when we play the dogs. In the right system he could be great to replace cotric.
Not for me. Dont really rate him at all
We can do better if we decide to dip our toes in the FA pool.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Anyone got any info on the Staggs situation? Reckon the toe sucker would go well here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Danaman137 wrote: October 18, 2020, 12:43 am Anyone got any info on the Staggs situation? Reckon the toe sucker would go well here.

Staggs or Lomax and that’s pretty much how we fix our backline with a single recruit.

1. CNK
2. Rapana or Croker
3. Staggs Or Lomax
4. Timoko
5. Simo
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

BadnMean wrote: October 17, 2020, 8:39 pm
Yeah... I just don't think any club wants the PR nightmare of reuniting that pair. We got the one with the least to answer for, Okunbor was another level of wrong.
Agreed.
There are better 'punts' out there anyway
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

GreenMachine wrote: October 18, 2020, 6:22 am
Danaman137 wrote: October 18, 2020, 12:43 am Anyone got any info on the Staggs situation? Reckon the toe sucker would go well here.

Staggs or Lomax and that’s pretty much how we fix our backline with a single recruit.

1. CNK
2. Rapana or Croker
3. Staggs Or Lomax
4. Timoko
5. Simo
Be nice wouldn't it.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

GreenMachine wrote: October 18, 2020, 6:22 am

1. CNK
2. Rapana or Croker
3. Staggs Or Lomax
4. Timoko
5. Simo
Think Staggs and Lomax are both right sided players - although I agree with the sentiments. Two good signings here and promoting Timoko would change the equation completely.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

If we're going to criticise Rapana for some of his poor decisions in defence, which is fair - you need to look at Staggs the same way. Absolutely dynamite in attack **** in defence. Crichton is far and away the best up and coming centre in the game.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

gergreg wrote: October 18, 2020, 11:11 am If we're going to criticise Rapana for some of his poor decisions in defence, which is fair - you need to look at Staggs the same way. Absolutely dynamite in attack **** in defence. Crichton is far and away the best up and coming centre in the game.

At least acknowledge the dumpster fire broncos team Staggs was playing in.
Plus he will offer something in attack compared to Croker, who hasn’t covered himself in glory in defence either.
Different story with Crichton.
All irrelevant anyway as we have zero chance of nabbing either.
I’ll bet the Roosters find a way though.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

GreenMachine wrote:
gergreg wrote: October 18, 2020, 11:11 am If we're going to criticise Rapana for some of his poor decisions in defence, which is fair - you need to look at Staggs the same way. Absolutely dynamite in attack **** in defence. Crichton is far and away the best up and coming centre in the game.

Plus he will offer something in attack compared to Croker, who hasn’t covered himself in glory in defence either.
More than happy to say that Broncos were garbage, but Staggs makes some really bad defensive reads and some really horrible 1 on 1 attempts.

GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

gergreg wrote: October 18, 2020, 11:32 am
GreenMachine wrote:

More than happy to say that Broncos were garbage, but Staggs makes some really bad defensive reads and some really horrible 1 on 1 attempts.

He’s young enough to have that coached out of him...not the same with Rapana or Croker.

You buy Staggs to improve your strike out wide first and foremost and work on his defensive frailties.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

So the absolutely dynamite in attack might go some way to improving on what we've got though...
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

BadnMean wrote:

So the absolutely dynamite in attack might go some way to improving on what we've got though...
Sure. But I'll be here to enjoy the whinging about his defensive issues when it inevitably happens. However, Broncos don't tend to lose many of their decent juniors, at least the ones they want to keep.

Fifita is the first I can remember for quite some time and it took over a million to lure him away and IMO he isn't worth half that at this stage of his career.

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

The GH would turn on Staggs within a month given his defensive work to date
I make room for the idea that he's probably a lot better in that space than he's currently shown given the **** show that is the broncos and the quality of coaching and defensive systems in place... but he's only need to put in 4 games of that jersey grabbing, brown snake shoulder Bull before we'd be declaring him the worst signing since Orford
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

gergreg wrote: October 18, 2020, 11:32 am
GreenMachine wrote:

Staggs next to CHN. What a dumpster fire that would be in defense
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Tyrone May would have been an excellent addition and a great long term replacement for JB. I was upset when he re-signed with the riff. He only re-signed for 1 year though, we should be all over that. Charlie Staines would also be a good'un. Aim high I say.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Timoko and Smith shields are the future centres... I want them in first grade round 1 next season
RTW
David Furner

Post by RTW »

I don’t think Stagg’s is taking his rehab as seriously as he should be. Might be as a result of the culture he finds himself in but it is concerning.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Neeeegz wrote:Timoko and Smith shields are the future centres... I want them in first grade round 1 next season
Geez I’m not sure they’ll turn out to be NRL level players, let alone the stars we need them to be.

I hope I’m wrong, but I’ve seen plenty of super talented young backs not make it. The good backs are usually killing it by the time they’re 19. I saw nothing beyond average for Timoko and HSS.
Belcher#1
Gary Coyne

Post by Belcher#1 »

Looking at the clubs huge forward depth I think the club should have passed on signing CHN and used that $500k on the backline
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I havent given up on scott. He had a horrible start but started to show signs of improvement before he got injured. His form at the storm was first grade standard. With the court case now settled im hoping he will return to his best.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

That young bloke currently in hot water over drugs would be ideal.

Xerri.

What his situation ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Andymachine
David Grant
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley, Ruben Wiki

Post by Andymachine »

Xerri is gone for 4 years. CHN is a good pick up because we needed an edge backrower to replace Bateman and we don't have amany. I think he's a good get. What we didn't need so much is for Sia to go around another year and we also didn't really need James. Hopefully James goes so well here that he becomes the automatic #2 prop choice and no one questions that signing next year but we just have so many middles. I'll feel sorry for the borderline rep quality middles that we'll have missing out on the 17 altogether next year!

"The game owes me nothing, I owe the game everything." - Alan Tongue
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

On the other hand, with all the injuries we had, we actually ran out of front row depth by the end of the season. Papa and Taps were cooked by the Prelim. They had nothing left.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Naden on the outer at Penrith...is he worth a crack? (haven't watched much of the Pamfers this season)..
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

How's he on the outer?

He was really good, I'd be happy to get him back