Shaun Fensom....
Absolutely

He bleeds green
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Raiders player signing speculation 2020

Post by GreenMachine »

Dusty wrote: July 10, 2020, 10:24 am Shaun Fensom....
Absolutely

He bleeds green
I'd take Fensom over Boyd...but that is not saying much.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Seems unlikely, but I'd take a mobile middle like Fenno for sure.

I think he'd be quite effective if not expected to make 50 tackles a game.

Then again, I never fully understood the vitriol against him. I'd be very happy to see Vaughan back too, but that seems even less likely!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

“Mobile middle like fensom”. Ok
Dont delete this GE
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

What's all the talk about Fensom? Is this an inside joke?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Fensom is busted

I'd only look at him if it was dire for the rest of the year

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Not sure. Maybe people are noticing smaller locks and thinking Fensom might have suited.

Thing is, Murray and radley are mobile- Fenno was not quick. Radley hits like Gillmeister. Fenno didn't hurt anyone. He tackled himself into the ground but he wouldn't make any more yards now than he did then- Young has better footwork...

Fenno was a loyal and wholehearted player. But he's not any better suited today than he was 5 years ago. Surely he's hung them up and is enjoying life somewhere.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

A smaller, fitter, defence first lock is what we should be chasing. Someone to take the work off our props, second rowers , 9, 6 and 7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

BadnMean wrote:Not sure. Maybe people are noticing smaller locks and thinking Fensom might have suited.

Thing is, Murray and radley are mobile- Fenno was not quick. Radley hits like Gillmeister. Fenno didn't hurt anyone. He tackled himself into the ground but he wouldn't make any more yards now than he did then- Young has better footwork...

Fenno was a loyal and wholehearted player. But he's not any better suited today than he was 5 years ago. Surely he's hung them up and is enjoying life somewhere.
As of last year, he was signed for Belconnen and working on his carpentry apprenticeship.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I still reckon Peachey could be an astute signing as a dynamic, small lock. I’d imagine Holbrook wouldn’t mind being rid of some of his contract.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

julian87 wrote:I still reckon Peachey could be an astute signing as a dynamic, small lock. I’d imagine Holbrook wouldn’t mind being rid of some of his contract.

I agree. He needs a role. At the Titans he’s played different positions every week. I think he’s benefit having a specific role in the middle. Not sure if he’s exactly what we need though.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Peachey would be an excellent addition if you wanted to add total confusion to your attacking structures.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Peacheys been on too good money for not having to have a go. Hes not going to start having a go for less If im taking a player from the titans its wallace looking to get back into origin form
Dont delete this GE
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

simo wrote:Peacheys been on too good money for not having to have a go. Hes not going to start having a go for less If im taking a player from the titans its wallace looking to get back into origin form
Neither Peachey or Cartwright deserve any contract whatsoever after what they have dished up for the Titans. They are meant to be professional footballers. I hope neither get another contract in the NRL.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

simo wrote: July 10, 2020, 7:38 pm “Mobile middle like fensom”. Ok
Well let's sign one of the other thousand top quality middles on the market for minimum wage.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

BadnMean wrote: July 11, 2020, 12:16 am Not sure. Maybe people are noticing smaller locks and thinking Fensom might have suited.

We've got a small bucket of money to work with this season. I'm not sure comparing our options to Radley, Murray or Gillmeister is a reasonable thing to do.

I was just thinking that Fensom is already in town and he offers experience and a bit of depth at the cap rate we have available. The criticism he cops on here was worse than the **** Croker gets.
simo
Ricky Stuart

Post by simo »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 11, 2020, 11:06 am
BadnMean wrote: July 11, 2020, 12:16 am Not sure. Maybe people are noticing smaller locks and thinking Fensom might have suited.

We've got a small bucket of money to work with this season. I'm not sure comparing our options to Radley, Murray or Gillmeister is a reasonable thing to do.

I was just thinking that Fensom is already in town and he offers experience and a bit of depth at the cap rate we have available. The criticism he cops on here was worse than the **** Croker gets.
No it wasnt. Fensom was my favourite player at a time but he declined rapidly. Not suited at all to current speed of game and would offer less to the squad than just upgrading the next junior coming through.
Dont delete this GE
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

simo wrote: July 11, 2020, 12:18 pm

No it wasnt. Fensom was my favourite player at a time but he declined rapidly. Not suited at all to current speed of game and would offer less to the squad than just upgrading the next junior coming through.
To be fair, I heard all of that stuff before he played a role for the Cowboys in reaching their Grand Final. The bloke busted his **** for us yet has copped more **** than Croker from many fans, and that's saying a lot.

Signing him is not going to happen, but I really don't see him as any slower than half the names raised here. With the injuries we have, the team is lacking a bit of experience. Whoever we bring in only needs to be solid in defence and plug a hole for 20 odd minutes a game, not play a key role.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 11, 2020, 4:33 pm

To be fair, I heard all of that stuff before he played a role for the Cowboys in reaching their Grand Final. The bloke busted his **** for us yet has copped more **** than Croker from many fans, and that's saying a lot.

Signing him is not going to happen, but I really don't see him as any slower than half the names raised here. With the injuries we have, the team is lacking a bit of experience. Whoever we bring in only needs to be solid in defence and plug a hole for 20 odd minutes a game, not play a key role.
Agreed, Seiffert.

We all saw Fensom go from a workhorse who carried our pack during some really lean years to a guy who wasn’t effective enough anymore to be a starter. I was disappointed to see his decline but agreed with the club when they moved on from him.

But this isn’t our usual signing need. We’re down to the bare bones and another injury or two and we’ll be carrying two backs on the bench.

Fensom could surely come off the bench for a spell to tackle and take some hit-ups. He’d be on minimum and not be keeping a youngster out of the team.

I cannot see the harm in signing him if we can’t attract anyone else.

I also think his service to club deserves better than he gets from some people on this forum.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

At least you'd know he wouldn't be overawed and would give it everything he's got. Safe pair of hands too.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

That's a no for me haha
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Corey Oates would be worth a shot maybe
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 11, 2020, 5:09 pm

At least you'd know he wouldn't be overawed and would give it everything he's got. Safe pair of hands too.
Not against this idea at all...
He’d fill a role we currently require.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Raiders666 wrote: July 11, 2020, 6:20 pm Corey Oates would be worth a shot maybe
Yep, mentioned before that I'd definitely look at Oates as a replacement for Bateman next season if he gets squeezed out of Brisbane, but there is no chance he's available to help us this season.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Don’t really rate the bloke that much at all but given the lack of middle forwards about maybe the club need to try and jag Nathan Peats for the remainder of this season.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

yep good call

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

We now have a massive need in the middle and hooker.
There is no way to answer both of those questions, but priority should be given to the hooker spot... Peats would be not ideal but what else is there?
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I'm not sure Peats is a big upgrade on Starling when it's a 20 minute stint. Two middles is a must though with Havilii moving.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Hard pass on Peats.
In fact, forget any panic signings for 2020...focus on next season.
I’d be letting Bateman go now and pouring the recruitment energy into a middle to compliment Papalii long term.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

No to Peats...

I am happy with the 9 being shared with Havili and Starling (under the circumstances). As posted by others I think we can turn the Hodgson loss into a positive. Hodgo was overplaying his hand, kicking the ball away on the 3rd/4th tackle when we were rolling and limiting our halves time with the ball. Time for George to play both sides and own it... Jack to play ruthless running footy. We can still make the 8.

A prop or two brought in and Bateman back asap would help too.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Peats based on his TItans form, no way. Better off sticking with Havili and Starling. The Peats that’s played for the bunnies and got selected for NSW would be a fantastic replacement for Hodgo. Not sure that guys exists any more.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dusty wrote: July 12, 2020, 9:56 am No to Peats...

I am happy with the 9 being shared with Havili and Starling (under the circumstances). As posted by others I think we can turn the Hodgson loss into a positive. Hodgo was overplaying his hand, kicking the ball away on the 3rd/4th tackle when we were rolling and limiting our halves time with the ball. Time for George to play both sides and own it... Jack to play ruthless running footy. We can still make the 8.

Yep, I certainly hope the playing group doesn't finish the season with the same negativity a number of people are expressing here.

Ricky Stuart absolutely nailed it in the presser. That was the best game we've played this season. 3 tries apiece and every single one of Melbourne's points came off the back of a bad refereeing decision or an ounce of luck. Whereas we had 2 tries disallowed and got screwed over all night by the officials.

This is a hellova football team. With Hodgo out, I'm looking forward to a bunch of them stepping up and giving it everything they have.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 12, 2020, 11:02 am
Dusty wrote: July 12, 2020, 9:56 am No to Peats...

Yep, I certainly hope the playing group doesn't finish the season with the same negativity a number of people are expressing here.

Ricky Stuart absolutely nailed it in the presser. That was the best game we've played this season. 3 tries apiece and every single one of Melbourne's points came off the back of a bad refereeing decision or an ounce of luck. Whereas we had 2 tries disallowed and got screwed over all night by the officials.

This is a hellova football team. With Hodgo out, I'm looking forward to a bunch of them stepping up and giving it everything they have.
Yeah I was way more shattered after other losses this year than that one. Most of what I saw, I liked. Honestly if Smelliot doesn't have a 1 in 10 000 bad luck drop on his runaway try then we win that game.

I'd been hoping to see us look more dangerous in attack, I'd been hoping to see a defence without a clear weakness to target, I'd been hoping maybe our smaller size would allow us to run some good line speed revved up for longer. 5 linebreaks to 1 vs a very good team and I saw all those things.

It wasn't actually a bad performance. It lacked probably an ounce of luck (Elliot, maybe some refs just blow try there...) and a smidge of polish/confidence (CNK and Cotric literally gave them a try for free. Killer vs Storm). But every essential improvement had been made.