All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Why Trey Mooney is a Canberra Raiders rookie to watch

Post by greeneyed »

Thirteen NRL rookies to watch

TREY MOONEY (Canberra)

It is gobsmacking that Parramatta let this young bloke go. Westfields Sports High’s longtime rugby league coach Wayne Lambkin rates his work ethic and ability as good as any kid he has coached. Canberra’s respected recruitment boss Peter Mulholland has similar thoughts. Mooney was the Parramatta SG Ball captain a year young and he was elevated into the NSW Under-18s because he was so dominant.

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 8da764db1b

Trey Mooney is primed for a massive future in Rugby League and if his 2019 campaign is any indication of his talent – the sky is well and truly the limit: https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/12/2 ... ey-mooney/
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Why Trey Mooney is a Canberra Raiders rookie to watch

Post by Botman »

What position does he play?
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Botman wrote: January 3, 2020, 7:14 pm What position does he play?
Backrow/ lock
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Parra forum folk just couldn’t believe he got away
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Matt wrote: January 3, 2020, 7:19 pm
Botman wrote: January 3, 2020, 7:14 pm What position does he play?
Backrow/ lock
Great, always like stockpiling those edge forward roles, hopefully he has the athleticism to be a game changer as an edge player.
dribble73
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Austin

Post by dribble73 »

He’s a middle, not an edge.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

dribble73 wrote: January 3, 2020, 8:36 pm He’s a middle, not an edge.
Noted. Thanks mate.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

dribble73 wrote: January 3, 2020, 8:36 pm He’s a middle, not an edge.

Article I read said middle or edge
dribble73
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Austin

Post by dribble73 »

Can play there but has been signed as a middle.

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m calling him to never play more than a seasons NRL and to actually never make the grade.

Not enough speed, agility and strength for mine. Hopefully he proves me wrong.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BJ wrote: January 3, 2020, 9:17 pm I’m calling him to never play more than a seasons NRL and to actually never make the grade.

FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

BJ wrote: January 3, 2020, 9:17 pm I’m calling him to never play more than a seasons NRL and to actually never make the grade.

Have you actually seen him play or are you referrencing the fact that the next SBWs rarely kick on to have decent firat grade career?

I have to confess that when i was reading this i felt like this wad something id read about luke bateman 5 or 6 years ago.

That said, youd rather have a bunch of these kids coming through than not.. fingers crossed he does live up to his potential
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

This article speaks very highly of him also. Im guessing he is one of Ennis' boys

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/12/2 ... ey-mooney/
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

FROG wrote:

Have you actually seen him play or are you referrencing the fact that the next SBWs rarely kick on to have decent firat grade career?

I have to confess that when i was reading this i felt like this wad something id read about luke bateman 5 or 6 years ago.

That said, youd rather have a bunch of these kids coming through than not.. fingers crossed he does live up to his potential
Speaking of next big things, what happened to that tree towing guy?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: January 4, 2020, 4:48 pm
FROG wrote:

Haynes cousin? Great Q
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Josh Thompson. He’s in the U20s squad. Details on the Raiders Development board.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

FROG wrote:

I think he twigged on to all the stick he was copping on here and went bush. I beleaf he was probably set for a truncated career at any rate.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

BadnMean wrote:
FROG wrote:

I think he twigged on to all the stick he was copping on here and went bush. I beleaf he was probably set for a truncated career at any rate.
You should branch out into stand-up

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

He needs some more material. If only the Greenhouse woodchip in.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

RedRaider wrote:He needs some more material. If only the Greenhouse woodchip in.
Well, you've planted the idea now

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

FROG wrote:

Working as a lumberjack in Quebec
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:
FROG wrote:

Could’ve used him in Darwin post cyclone Marcus to shift some of these fallen mahogany’s away
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

T_R wrote: January 5, 2020, 7:45 am
BadnMean wrote:
FROG wrote:

I wood, but I don't like doing it in those seedy, shady clubs.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

BadnMean wrote:
BadnMean wrote:
FROG wrote: Have you actually seen him play or are you referrencing the fact that the next SBWs rarely kick on to have decent firat grade career?

You'd finding yourself pining for the good ol' days?

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BadnMean wrote: January 5, 2020, 1:51 pm
BadnMean wrote:
FROG wrote: Have you actually seen him play or are you referrencing the fact that the next SBWs rarely kick on to have decent firat grade career?

Shady - do they have a canopy?
Did someone bark at you?
Are you Oakey dokey?