Six Canberra Raiders to take part in NSW Blues camp

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Six Canberra Raiders to take part in NSW Blues camp

Post by greeneyed »

Six Canberra Raiders to take part in New South Wales Blues camp in December

NSW coach Brad Fittler's preparations for a tilt at a third straight State of Origin series win have commenced with an extended 64-man squad called into camp at Sydney Olympic Park.

The two-day program, set to run on December 12 and 13 at the NSWRL Centre of Excellence, will include a host of players from the Emerging and Future Blues program.

NSW Blues Squad: Payne Haas, Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos), Jack Wighton, Nick Cotric (Canberra Raiders), Wade Graham (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks), Curtis Sironen, Tom Trbojevic, Jake Trbojevic (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Josh Addo-Carr, Dale Finucane (Melbourne Storm), David Klemmer, Mitchell Pearce, Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights), Nathan Brown, Blake Ferguson, Clint Gutherson, Ryan Matterson, Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers), Boyd Cordner, Angus Crichton, Luke Keary, Latrell Mitchell, Victor Radley, James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters), Damien Cook, Cameron Murray, James Roberts, Cody Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Cameron McInnes, Tyson Frizell, Tariq Sims, Paul Vaughan (St George Illawarra Dragons), Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers).

Emerging Blues: Emre Guler, Curtis Scott (Canberra Raiders), Bronson Xerri (Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks), Reuben Garrick, Jack Gosiewski (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Ryan Papenhuyzen, (Melbourne Storm), Matt Burton, Spencer Leniu, Liam Martin (Penrith Panthers), Nat Butcher, Kyle Flanagan, Sam Verrills (Sydney Roosters), Campbell Graham, Liam Knight (South Sydney Rabbitohs).

Future Blues: Brendon Tumeth (Balmain Tigers), Trey Mooney, Clay Webb (Canberra Raiders), Paul Alamoti (Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs), Sione Fainu, Tolu Koula, Ben Trbojevic, Kaeo Weekes (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles), Bradman Best, Mitch Black, Jonah Pezet (Newcastle Knights), Thomas Weaver, Josh Bevan (Northern Rivers), Jason Saab, Tyrell Sloan (St George Illawarra Dragons), Joseph Suaalii (South Sydney Rabbitohs).

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/12/03/blu ... man-squad/
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Wighton, Cotric, Scott and Guler named in Blues training squads

Post by -TW- »

Wighton and Cotric in main squad

Scott and Guler in emerging squad

https://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2019/12/0 ... man-squad/

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: Wighton, Cotric, Scott and Guler named in Blues training squads

Post by Matt »

No huge surprises there TBH, but congrats to them all
Bay53
Steve Walters

Re: Six Canberra Raiders to take part in NSW Blues camp

Post by Bay53 »

The NSWRL and the QRL must have some money to burn for Origin. Massive squads going to these camps and I read today that NSW are going into camp at the Manly Novotel before games 2 and 3 next year and they are looking at water taxis to take the players to training at Homebush. Then you had Qld paying the coach whisperer some ridiculous sum last year.

I get Origin makes a bucket load (although I am not sure how much goes to NSW/QRL compared to the NRL) I do wonder if some of those excesses could be paired back slightly and the money focussed on grass roots.