Canberra Raiders set their sights on St George Illawarra Dragons young gun Zac Lomax for 2021

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Canberra Raiders set their sights on St George Illawarra Dragons young gun Zac Lomax for 2021

Post by greeneyed »

They are preparing for a grand final on Sunday, but the Canberra Raiders are also looking to the future by setting their sights on highly-touted St George Illawarra Dragons centre Zac Lomax in 2021, as a longer term replacement for Joey Leilua.

Read more: https://www.sportingnews.com/au/league/ ... vv7s0yld85
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Re: Canberra Raiders set their sights on St George Illawarra Dragons young gun Zac Lomax for 2021

Post by -PJ- »

2021 ?

We'll have a women's team by then so this could be a package deal..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
BigPapa
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Canberra Raiders set their sights on St George Illawarra Dragons young gun Zac Lomax for 2021

Post by BigPapa »

What a great package that would be.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I agree with Matt's comments in the Rumoured signings thread. Very talented player from what I've seen but needs some work on his defence. He has had a pretty ordinary season in a pretty ordinary side and the spud they have as a coach hasn't helped. He has looked really down on confidence this year and you can't blame him, when McGregor has played Rawalava ahead of him, undeservedly IMO.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

Yes please - in a heartbeat.

Been watching this guy through juniors.

But right now I am going to focus on 2019 not 2021.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He reminds me of young Croker from what I have seen. Timoko looks like a bit like a copy of BJ as well. Could be a natural fit in a couple of years.
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

I think the 2021 might be a case of he can negotiate un November and the Raiders wouldn't be opposed to him turning up next year particularly if BJ is moved on.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

It will be good to see a Lomax on the team sheet again.
This place is woke.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

edwahu wrote: October 5, 2019, 5:11 pm He reminds me of young Croker from what I have seen. Timoko looks like a bit like a copy of BJ as well. Could be a natural fit in a couple of years.
He's twice the size of Croker :shock:

So if he moves and jumps like Toots Jr he'll be a good un.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

BadnMean wrote: October 5, 2019, 6:44 pm
edwahu wrote: October 5, 2019, 5:11 pm He reminds me of young Croker from what I have seen. Timoko looks like a bit like a copy of BJ as well. Could be a natural fit in a couple of years.

Same weight and a few cms taller. He will definitely fill out though.

I think he has a similar style regardless, good fundamental skills and looks a classical center versus your Mitchell or BJ style.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Plays more than one position too. It would be great to have him in our squad.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Plays more than one position too. It would be great to have him in our squad.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

This guy is a gun would be a great signing.
This club has come so far

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Only played 13 games for the dragons this year, from memory at the start of the year he was picked behind players like ravalawa to most peoples surprise, not sure if Lomax cemented a starting spot after that or where he was in their pecking order
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He was mostly a regular until he missed a fair few games with injury.

I'd think the biggest hurdle to signing him would be the fact his girlfriend is Jessica Sergis and playing for the Dragons in the NRLW. So perhaps relocation would be an issue.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

edwahu wrote:He was mostly a regular until he missed a fair few games with injury.

I'd think the biggest hurdle to signing him would be the fact his girlfriend is Jessica Sergis and playing for the Dragons in the NRLW. So perhaps relocation would be an issue.
We might have a Women’s Team by then Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

I read somewhere that the Tigers are interested, part of the reason they released Marsters.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Would entirely depend on what happens with Leilua and Rapana I suspect.
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

Any update on this?
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

He has been linked to the Tigers last I heard...Had a meeting with Madge etc..