All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Re: Let’s get behind Erin Molan

Post by Sossman »

beetlejuice wrote: October 3, 2019, 11:37 pm
Sossman wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:07 am Her Dad is an absolute piece of work, but nothing against Erin. I thought she was a pretty good pundit?
I cant stand her, the apple doesnt fall far from the tree when it comes to her dad too. She has a terrible on screen demeanor and often has a deer in the headlights look.

She has no issue with the league coming out and supporting community movements such as helping to end domestic violence, but coming out and supporting the "yes" vote on SSM? No she publicly stated the league should stay out of it.

I have no issue with her being a woman reporting on the league, but there are so many more talented women out there to do it. I had the chance to meet Yvonne Sampson a few years back and she was an absolute delight.
Look, Sterlo, Vonny and Vossy are the gold standards (imho) . Agreed. But Erin is much better than a lot of the washed up ex-players on rotation. Her standard of commentary certainly shouldn't trigger the hate she gets so it must be something else.
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

reptar wrote:
dubby wrote:Whats more important is what Frank thinks!!

Max has gone quiet!

REPPY!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Frank doesn't watch Channel 9, despite having free access to the remote. I imagine he would give Erin a friendly cat headbutt, though
Max is impressed, although he saves his headbutts and rubs for dubby and mrs dubby

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Martini
Gary Coyne

Post by Martini »

How about people being taught to be brought up as decent humans? Instead of ignoring trolls until they go away?

Sadly this kind of reaction against Erin Molan is not surprising (but not excusable) when a female has entered a league and environment that has continually swept rape, domestic violence, misogyny, lewd conduct, crimes under the rug. So I guess you could say the NRL was just waiting for it to go away. It never will unless people are taught to be more respectful. And as others have said it starts with calling it out and showing we demand better for the low lives to get the message.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Martini wrote: October 5, 2019, 12:55 pm How about people being taught to be brought up as decent humans? Instead of ignoring trolls until they go away?

Sadly this kind of reaction against Erin Molan is not surprising (but not excusable) when a female has entered a league and environment that has continually swept rape, domestic violence, misogyny, lewd conduct, crimes under the rug. So I guess you could say the NRL was just waiting for it to go away. It never will unless people are taught to be more respectful. And as others have said it starts with calling it out and showing we demand better for the low lives to get the message.
Totally agree that it starts with learning to respect others from an early age.
Sadly society as a whole is moving further away from that instead of getting better.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Martini
Gary Coyne

Post by Martini »

Yeah it doesn't start with ignoring the problem (trolls). Definitely starts with people being taught not to be a jackass and think it's fine. If we just ignore those trolls still grow up to be trolls and never held accountable.

Anyone remember the football (soccer) world cup? Lucy Zelić did an excellent job presenting. Yet was attacked for pronouncing players names correctly in their native language!