Roosters 13+
7%

Total votes: 29

julian87
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Game Day

Post by julian87 »

scooter wrote: October 7, 2019, 11:42 pm
> Daryl Braithwaite getting rushed off the field while still singing to allow the kickoff to the 2nd half. Surely someone is going to get fired for getting the timing so very very wrong!
Yes. After being subjected to what felt like 15 minutes of JT shanking a kick then fans trying to win a pass off into the back of a van.

They should've just got him to sign Horses for 15 minutes.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

julian87 wrote: October 15, 2019, 10:21 pm
scooter wrote: October 7, 2019, 11:42 pm
> Daryl Braithwaite getting rushed off the field while still singing to allow the kickoff to the 2nd half. Surely someone is going to get fired for getting the timing so very very wrong!
Yes. After being subjected to what felt like 15 minutes of JT shanking a kick then fans trying to win a pass off into the back of a van.

They should've just got him to sign Horses for 15 minutes.
Why on earth are competitions like that a part of the biggest game day presentation of the season? It is amateurville at the NRL.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Or Muppets trying to catch a footy.. who cares

Could of had a full set from Daryl

The Horses
The Horses
Rise
The Horses
As the days go by
The Horses
One summer
The horses

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And Howzat!

It would have been the best half time ever! The crowd singing along to pub tunes!

BTW I do think he’s a legend of the Australian music industry and he deserved more respect.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Yeah Braithwaite was actually good.

Having seen his Cox plate performances, I thought he’d be crap, but I was surprised.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

“Unbelievable. Mind blowing.” Glenn Lazarus on NRL Grand Final referee bungle

Canberra’s two-time premiership-winning prop Glenn Lazarus says the referee’s bungle to reverse a crucial “6-again” call in the NRL Grand Final last night was “mind blowing”.

“I sort of went away disappointed because the Raiders lost, but [also] empty because of yet another bungle by a referee,” he said.

Read more and audio: https://www.sportsradio.com.au/unbeliev ... gf-bungle/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL finals omission a ‘kick up the back side’ for Canberra Raiders prop Ryan Sutton

Ryan Sutton could easily have kicked stones after missing the Canberra Raiders' final three games of the season - including a a Grand Final.

"Missing out on those last three games and the grand final it's really given me a kick up the ****," Sutton said. "I've obviously learnt a lot, but it's really given me an incentive to push forward now.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The statistics that show why Canberra Raiders forward Josh Papalii was player of the finals series

Canberra Raiders forward Josh Papalii was the hardest working player of the 2019 finals series, based on a NRL.com statistical analysis. He finished the grand final with 18 carries for 164 metres with two tackle busts, two offloads and 34 tackles at a 100% tackle efficiency rate.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/10/18/pap ... ls-series/
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Coming up to 2 weeks now since the rugby league died... I still cant believe what i witnessed and how no one has lodged a class action into fraudulent behavior at the hands of the nrl.
This place is woke.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Question wrote: October 18, 2019, 4:18 pm Coming up to 2 weeks now since the rugby league died... I still cant believe what i witnessed and how no one has lodged a class action into fraudulent behavior at the hands of the nrl.
The narrative seemed to be that we couldn't bust the Roosters often enough to win. There doesn't seem to be any consideration that they also couldn't bust us except for under bizarre circumstances.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: October 18, 2019, 7:54 pm
Question wrote: October 18, 2019, 4:18 pm Coming up to 2 weeks now since the rugby league died... I still cant believe what i witnessed and how no one has lodged a class action into fraudulent behavior at the hands of the nrl.
The narrative seemed to be that we couldn't bust the Roosters often enough to win. There doesn't seem to be any consideration that they also couldn't bust us except for under bizarre circumstances.
Yes that seems to be it. "oh you can't blame the ref, the call was right in the end anyway".

Without acknowledgement that one team scored a legit try without a weird leg up and one didn't.

We'd have a stronger case if Tapine hadn't been sheer lazy on their first try. Turning your back on the opposition when defending inside the 10m in a GF... Not the stuff legends are made of and makes possible the,
"Well the Rorters were good enough to take their opportunities" line.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: October 18, 2019, 7:54 pm
Also ignores that on two separate occasions at least (Leilua flick, bomb falling through Croker’s hands), it was good luck rather than good defence that saved the Roosters.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Leilua should have passed that damn thing.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Seiffert82 wrote:Leilua should have passed that damn thing.
Yep, it really was the moment
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Interestingly it's barely been mentioned how incredibly gassed we were from around the 60th minute onwards.

Barely anyone pushing up on the ball or running lines, struggling to get back the 10, forwards only getting back to our line from a Roosters kick on the third or even fourth tackle. CNK cramping up early and the Tedesco try were emblematic of how badly our legs had gone.

Whether or not Raps scores off a BJ pass, or the other contentious refereeing decisons go our way doesn't matter to me - IMO we would've lost regardless given our condition.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

afgtnk wrote:Interestingly it's barely been mentioned how incredibly gassed we were from around the 60th minute onwards.

Barely anyone pushing up on the ball or running lines, struggling to get back the 10, forwards only getting back to our line from a Roosters kick on the third or even fourth tackle. CNK cramping up early and the Tedesco try were emblematic of how badly our legs had gone.

Whether or not Raps scores off a BJ pass, or the other contentious refereeing decisons go our way doesn't matter to me - IMO we would've lost regardless given our condition.
I don’t think it’s been mentioned, because I don’t think it’s accurate.

Live at the ground and then on replay we were no more gassed than the Roosters.

Before the six again call we started to have them in trouble a few times, but we couldn’t come up with the winning play.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

The Roosters were all over us at the back end of that game. Their forwards definitely weren't struggling like ours to get back, it's something I immediately compared live when I saw ours still walking back on third tackles. Look at the amount of energy they had in setting up that Tedesco play, and look at how much badly were struggling to make metres because there'd basically be no one willing to take the ball up.

We came back at them with very little mostly because there was nothing left in the tank.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

afgtnk wrote:The Roosters were all over us at the back end of that game. Their forwards definitely weren't struggling like ours to get back, it's something I immediately compared live when I saw ours still walking back on third tackles. Look at the amount of energy they had in setting up that Tedesco play, and look at how much badly were struggling to make metres because there'd basically be no one willing to take the ball up.

We came back at them with very little mostly because there was nothing left in the tank.
Im afraid i have to disagree. Melbourne Storm were more on top of us in the prelims and we got away with a win there.

I don’t see it as a fait a compli that we lose no matter what and I don’t see it as the Roosters being all over us in the last 20 minutes.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Up until that 6 again call we had the roosters beat. That just took the game away from us in the series of events that followed. They were looking rattled. Any way, here we are.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

The Roosters were not all over us in the last 20. They scored an opportunistic try after we were hammering their line, and even afterwards we were able to get ourselves into a reasonable position to attack their line.

Credit to them for holding us out, but we were all over them.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

That try was hardly opportunistic. It was a well worked play created by a half who was playing what was infront of him.

Agree to disagree, but the major aspects of game like line speed say otherwise, as does our fullback going off gassed.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Not opportunistic - playing what was in front of him...

Que?
afgtnk
Laurie Daley

Post by afgtnk »

I'm quite sure tries that come under the 'opportunistic' tag are more like the ones we scored in the Souths Prelim (e.g. Hodgson knocking the ball from the attacker for Croker to score), rather than a slick passing play the Roosters have pulled off previously.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Roosters were always going to come home stronger after the trainer bungle. We barely touched the ball in the first 10 minutes due to that. To get back to having the ascendancy for a large chunk after that was really impressive.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

afgtnk wrote: October 19, 2019, 9:12 pm That try was hardly opportunistic. It was a well worked play created by a half who was playing what was infront of him.

Agree to disagree, but the major aspects of game like line speed say otherwise, as does our fullback going off gassed.
They played our disorganised line to a treat and it took a pretty handy pass from Mitchell to do it. Well played to them, but it clearly wasn't a structured play off the back of any sort of ascendency or field position.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Seiffert82 wrote: October 20, 2019, 2:53 pm
afgtnk wrote: October 19, 2019, 9:12 pm That try was hardly opportunistic. It was a well worked play created by a half who was playing what was infront of him.

They played our disorganised line to a treat and it took a pretty handy pass from Mitchell to do it. Well played to them, but it clearly wasn't a structured play off the back of any sort of ascendency or field position.
I watched it live and again several times on replay - Keary read the play and set about creating a 3 on 2 on the short side. I don't subscribe to the theorey that one side was more gassed than the other at the back end of the game. I think a young 5/8 saw an opportunity to break an arm wrestle of a match that had been a tremendous contest. He did a 'heads up' play which got his team into the backfield and the current Dally M medalist got himself into a position to take the infield pass and go away for the try. Sheer skills of Rugby League on display in that try.

I still come back to the fact that Tapine turning his back on the opposition was the main catalyst for their first try. That put us behind the 8 ball early on. Would Sutton have done that? We will never know the answer, but that center field laziness cost the initial try and the crowd early in the match. The Raiders were chasing from that moment on. The fact the side fought hard to level up is a credit to everyone involved. Skills of the game won it for them. Hopefully we will be in a position to be the Premiers the first weekend in October 2020.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Has Cummins been interviewed or commented on his blunder yet? Still very interested to hear what he has to say.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Begbie wrote:Has Cummins been interviewed or commented on his blunder yet? Still very interested to hear what he has to say.
Has a referee ever made public comment on a decision? Not going to happen mate
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Shame. Maybe years down the track.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

LastRaider wrote: October 19, 2019, 12:46 pm
Yep - the Leilua pass and Tapine turning his back were the two costly moments in which we were poor. On most occasions just two errors/moments would not cost you the game. This time it was just enough.

We were certainly unlucky with ball hitting trainer and 6-again. But we were quite lucky with the Cronk binning. It was the correct call as was consistent with other calls throughout the finals, but it was not intentional foul play imo and only a nano second in it. A good chunk of luck there.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Boomercm wrote:
Yep - the Leilua pass and Tapine turning his back were the two costly moments in which we were poor. On most occasions just two errors/moments would not cost you the game. This time it was just enough.

We were certainly unlucky with ball hitting trainer and 6-again. But we were quite lucky with the Cronk binning. It was the correct call as was consistent with other calls throughout the finals, but it was not intentional foul play imo and only a nano second in it. A good chunk of luck there.
Or Cronk doesn't hit Papalii early, Papalii takes the ball cleanly, steam rolls Cronk and scores under the posts...
Greedysmurf
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Greedysmurf »

Dr Zaius wrote: October 20, 2019, 10:09 pm
Boomercm wrote:

Or Cronk doesn't hit Papalii early, Papalii takes the ball cleanly, steam rolls Cronk and scores under the posts...
Absolutely correct. If Papa takes that ball, Cronk, in attempting a tackle up around the chest, can’t stop Papa from scoring that try.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Or Cronk jars the ball loose, and Tedesco takes it 100m the other way.
Who knows, and frankly, at this point, who cares?
The what if's dont matter anymore. Only what happened, and what happened was this game ultimately came down to two key try scoring chances.

We had ours, and blew it.
They had theirs, and ran it like a training drill.

I hope we dont have to wait 25 **** years for our next crack.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I’m with you Pigman. Raiders are like a solid apartment built in the 80s. One crack every 25 years.

Roosters are like a Geocon building, a consistent crack each new season.