2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Azza
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Azza »

Watching some clips of big mal at his prime in the halcyon years of the Raiders to get primed for tomorrow :D
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

How am I meant to sleep tonight?

Advice, suggestions etc.?
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

What a feeling this is. Unreal. Like Christmas Eve on a steroids.

Even if we don't win tomorrow and have our hearts broken, I'm glad to still experience all of this.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Azza wrote: October 5, 2019, 9:23 pm Watching some clips of big mal at his prime in the halcyon years of the Raiders to get primed for tomorrow :D
My wife and i are just youtubing raiders clips

we've done 89, 90, 94 extended highlights... this is truly something to remember.
I hope in 25 year im watching '19 extended highlights
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I remember the Raiders v Souths ANZ Semi Final from 2012. It was a fantastic atmosphere and although we were never really in the game I had a great time cheering with all of you mob. Pretty sure it’s the only time I’ve seen Nickman in the flesh and he was cranky I didn’t come say hi.

I expect tomorrow to be similar, even if we lose the Raiders Army will be loud and proud and a fantastic place to be.

If we win though... well... I’m not sure Sydney is prepared for that...
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Raiders by 3.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

gangrenous wrote: October 5, 2019, 9:43 pm I remember the Raiders v Souths ANZ Semi Final from 2012. It was a fantastic atmosphere and although we were never really in the game I had a great time cheering with all of you mob. Pretty sure it’s the only time I’ve seen Nickman in the flesh and he was cranky I didn’t come say hi.

I expect tomorrow to be similar, even if we lose the Raiders Army will be loud and proud and a fantastic place to be.

If we win though... well... I’m not sure Sydney is prepared for that...
how good was wighton at left centre that game though! it was great being there despite losing.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

He’s a little stat to help everyone sleep...

In 2019 the Chooks had 3 teams score a total of 42 point each against them in the regular season. Rabbits, Manly and...

The Canberra Raiders.

No other team has scored more points against the chooks than we have this year.

Goodnight.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Raider47 wrote: October 5, 2019, 9:28 pm How am I meant to sleep tonight?

Advice, suggestions etc.?
Is the Rugby World Cup still on?
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

2019 Grand Final V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Rick »

Up the **** milk!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

GAME DAY
finch
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by finch »

RaiderRay wrote: October 5, 2019, 7:21 pm Spent some time today looking at the Roosters forum, the chookpen, and it's made me want a win so much more. Absolutely no doubt among them all that they will pump us, and while people on the GH are sharing amazing stories about what supporting the Raiders means to them, they were making disgusting comments about which female commentator they would bang. In the years of reading the greenhouse I have never seen anything like it and I'm sure it would be shut down quickly if it did happen.

I'm Sydney based and have always lived here, in my mid 30s and have been supporting the Raiders from early primary school. I grew up in a household of anger and alcohol and domestic violence, and league was my escape, I spent many a night looking up at the Mal Meninga poster on my wall just wanting nothing more than the Raiders to win. I was old enough to enjoy and remember '94, but over the years my love for the team has grown into an ongoing obsession, and all the suffering that goes with it. I thought I was alone for a long time until I saw some of the stories on here. Regardless of what happens tomorrow I'm so proud of the team and so happy for Ricky and the boys. The amount of good news stories and publicity this week will ensure that there is that next waive of supporters coming through. I'm in bay 111 tomorrow, hope to see a stadium of green, look forward to hugging you all tomorrow 😁😁
Similar story for me re: growing up with anger and violence at home and league being an escape (along with listening to Cold Chisel!). As a kid growing up in Canberra in the 70's/80's I almost completely wallpapered my room with RLW cutouts, and then when the Raiders started up I caught the bus out to Seiffert Oval whenever I could afford it. It was very lucky for me that my dad never completely succumbed to all his his pent up anger and managed to eventually chill out a bit, and there's no doubt in my mind that league played a huge part in him calming down and us being able to build a bit of a bond that wouldn't have happened otherwise.
I moved to Sydney after he died yonks ago, and made the rookie mistake of living in Bondi for the first year. Jeezus...there really is a whole different class of w@nK#rs there that you just don't see in Canberra! :roflmao

Have a @*$#%#^$% blast at the game tomorrow, I've decided to watch the game at a pub with some bandwagon-jumping friends instead, and putting the ticket money on us winning 13+.

RAIDERS!!!! :thumbsup
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric hoping to share special moment with dad

It was the emotional moment that says a lot about how close the Cotric family is. Nick, the Canberra Raiders star, was happy to make the NRL grand final for his dad, who is undergoing chemotherapy.

"My dad goes, 'You're in the GF, you've been dreaming of this moment since you were a little kid'. It was a bit emotional, I was happy for my dad."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Heroes of 1989 premiership leading call to arms to inspire current Canberra Raiders to history

Mal Meninga. Laurie Daley. Bradley Clyde. Gary Belcher. Steve Walters. Glenn Lazarus.The words from those Green Machine grand final stars were ringing in their ears as they went to bed on grand final eve.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

Ghosts of '89 premiership coming back to haunt Sydney and turn Canberra green: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raider Sia Soliola ready for any hairy moments: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

The video message that will inspire the Raiders before the decider: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Traffic on Federal Highway as Raiders fans flock to Sydney: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders' road to the NRL grand final: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Canberra Raiders fan quiz: How well do you know the Green Machine: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Christos_Raider
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Christos_Raider »

At the Brisbane airport about to fly down and we are outnumbering Roosters supporters by about 10 to 1 here at least!
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Christos_Raider wrote:At the Brisbane airport about to fly down and we are outnumbering Roosters supporters by about 10 to 1 here at least!
Get on the plane Christos!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Splade
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Splade »

I’m staying at the same hotel as the roosters players.
I’ll be amazed if jake friend plays, fair old limp he is carrying around. Don’t imagine calf’s are that kind.
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

Christos_Raider wrote: October 6, 2019, 6:56 am At the Brisbane airport about to fly down and we are outnumbering Roosters supporters by about 10 to 1 here at least!
Outnumbering roosters fans about 10 to 1 around Olympic Park last night and this morning too!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Smurfette wrote:
Christos_Raider wrote: October 6, 2019, 6:56 am At the Brisbane airport about to fly down and we are outnumbering Roosters supporters by about 10 to 1 here at least!
Outnumbering roosters fans about 10 to 1 around Olympic Park last night and this morning too!
That’s what we like to hear Image
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Today, I'm going to the grand final to watch the raiders play.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Go you Raiders!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You a poet dubby? Beautiful
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Twenty Five long years
Tonight they paint history Green
Come on you Raiders!

Chicken for dinner
Kept them to a poultry score
Egg on their faces
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:Twenty Five long years
Tonight they paint history Green
Come on you Raiders!

Chicken for dinner
Kept them to a poultry score
Egg on their faces
Why ruin a great day?
Why?

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You just put a great big grin on my face T_R

Happy Grand Final day
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Oh you guys..... I'm grinning from ear to ear!

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue

Post by thedevilingreen »

You and me both Dubby I'm still tearing up just thinking about it
dubby wrote:Today, I'm going to the grand final to watch the raiders play.

Never thought I'd see the day.

Go you Raiders!

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:You just put a great big grin on my face T_R Image

Happy Grand Final day Image

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Coastalraider wrote: October 5, 2019, 10:59 pm He’s a little stat to help everyone sleep...

In 2019 the Chooks had 3 teams score a total of 42 point each against them in the regular season. Rabbits, Manly and...

The Canberra Raiders.

Goodnight.
Except Newcastle...
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Finchy wrote: October 6, 2019, 4:12 pm
Coastalraider wrote: October 5, 2019, 10:59 pm He’s a little stat to help everyone sleep...

The Canberra Raiders.

Goodnight.
Except Newcastle...
Haha, really??? I didn’t even look that far down the list :roflmao
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Roosters just leaving the Novotel to head to the ground. With a Raiders chant ringing in their ears.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Re: 2019 Grand Final V Rabbitohs/Storm: Teams and Previews

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

DJ Raida wrote: September 28, 2019, 2:42 am Well well well....

its been a long time coming :D
Can't believe we all missed DJ Raida returning :roflmao

A real grand final miracle. Is the mixtape finished yet?