5%

Total votes: 21

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

RedRaider wrote:
Billy Walker wrote: September 28, 2019, 7:39 pm
Goldcoast Raider wrote: September 28, 2019, 5:49 pm Imagine how Blake Austin must be feeling Image, he leaves thinking he is better than us and we make than grand final, jokes on him
Bit harsh - not sure things were working well for either party and him moving on has been a good outcome for both parties. I’d like to think he’d be happy for his old teammates just as I’m sure they are happy he is killing it in the UK.
Do you reckon Austin is back on BJ's Christmas Card list?? I doubt it. They had intense dislike for each other and too often it came out on the field. The team is playing so much better defensively without Austin, Paulo and Boyd. Imo it's why we made the finals and are now in the GF.
Agree
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

raiderskater wrote: September 29, 2019, 8:05 pm Um, may I suggest that if you do figure it out, you don't post it on a public forum where Roosters spies could be lurking?
I don’t think I would matter if they were yelling ‘drop off the tackle’ - by the time the call is made there is not much an opposition player can do but try to hold on to the ball.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

RedRaider wrote: September 29, 2019, 8:11 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 28, 2019, 7:39 pm
Goldcoast Raider wrote: September 28, 2019, 5:49 pm Imagine how Blake Austin must be feeling 😂, he leaves thinking he is better than us and we make than grand final, jokes on him
Bit harsh - not sure things were working well for either party and him moving on has been a good outcome for both parties. I’d like to think he’d be happy for his old teammates just as I’m sure they are happy he is killing it in the UK.
Do you reckon Austin is back on BJ's Christmas Card list?? I doubt it. They had intense dislike for each other and too often it came out on the field. The team is playing so much better defensively without Austin, Paulo and Boyd. Imo it's why we made the finals and are now in the GF.
No doubt - the BJ/Austin on field blowups were ugly. We are a million times better with Jack at 6 and a more mobile pack. I’m just not sure Austin left thinking he was better than the team etc. maybe he did but I thought I read a few things where he seemed quite reflective and mature about his time in Canberra. I only wish him well.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

PigRickman wrote:
Wiki Special wrote: September 29, 2019, 3:14 pm Watching the highlights on NRL.com I could hear Hodgson saying a call when he was about to attempt the crucial one on one strip in the first half. Couldn't quite make out what he said, did anyone else hear it and were you able to decipher what he said. I thought I heard "Scar, scar" but that is probably not even close.
The boys love the lion king.
Funny the last two times we’ve made the GF, The Lion King was released in cinemas
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Very nice Fui
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: September 29, 2019, 10:15 pm
PigRickman wrote:
Wiki Special wrote: September 29, 2019, 3:14 pm Watching the highlights on NRL.com I could hear Hodgson saying a call when he was about to attempt the crucial one on one strip in the first half. Couldn't quite make out what he said, did anyone else hear it and were you able to decipher what he said. I thought I heard "Scar, scar" but that is probably not even close.
Funny the last two times we’ve made the GF, The Lion King was released in cinemas
And Ricky was the key figure both times :thumbsup
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote:
PigRickman wrote:
I didn’t even realise that!

I’ll have to go and watch it again... was he the voice of Scar in the original?
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 30, 2019, 11:24 am
BadnMean wrote:
PigRickman wrote:
I didn’t even realise that!

I’ll have to go and watch it again... was he the voice of Scar in the original?
I thought he played one of the hyenas...
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

Too good not share here. I’ve never had a more fun night at the footy than Friday night.
Took my son to the game and it was a belter.
I took 1 video the entire night, and I pulled my phone out because I just had a feeling something was about to happen. I am not superstitious at all but..
Crazy
I am not a crackpot

https://twitter.com/be_sticky/status/11 ... 32640?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GALLERY: Match Gallery: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... rabbitohs/

By the Numbers: Raiders v Rabbitohs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... rabbitohs/

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote for your favourite CANBERRA RAIDERS, #GreenNation! #NRL #NRLGF #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

Choose who should be in NRL Team of the Week: Preliminary finals https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/28/cho ... ry-finals/ via NRL - National Rugby League
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

PigRickman wrote:
love that stat! I'm hoping for a repeat of 1994! (with a grand final victory I mean.. not for Mufasa)
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Beejay wrote: September 30, 2019, 12:01 pm Too good not share here. I’ve never had a more fun night at the footy than Friday night.
Took my son to the game and it was a belter.
I took 1 video the entire night, and I pulled my phone out because I just had a feeling something was about to happen. I am not superstitious at all but..
Crazy
I am not a crackpot

https://twitter.com/be_sticky/status/11 ... 32640?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s brilliant Beejay!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders final gives ACT economy a $3 million injection

What's the real value of hosting an NRL preliminary final in Canberra? About $3.1 million after calculating the money rugby league fans spent in the capital last week.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

GE any word on whether Andrew Barr attended? Or was he in Business Class to Melbourne?

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I saw it reported he attended.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

gergreg wrote:GE any word on whether Andrew Barr attended? Or was he in Business Class to Melbourne?

He was there with Mr Greenberg

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
In Ricky We Trust
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

gergreg wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:03 am GE any word on whether Andrew Barr attended? Or was he in Business Class to Melbourne?

He was there, posing with Greenberg and with a green tie on pretending he actually cared.

I imagine he was off the next morning to Melbourne to watch his beloved Sydney AFL team get flogged to within an inch of their lives.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

raiderskater wrote:
gergreg wrote: October 2, 2019, 8:03 am GE any word on whether Andrew Barr attended? Or was he in Business Class to Melbourne?

He was there, posing with Greenberg and with a green tie on pretending he actually cared.

I imagine he was off the next morning to Melbourne to watch his beloved Sydney AFL team get flogged to within an inch of their lives.
Good, on both counts.

Shoving it in your face since 2017