Season seats at the Preliminary Final

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Great Bambino
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: John Mcleod

Season seats at the Preliminary Final

Post by The Great Bambino »

Season seats at the Preliminary Final - It's not just the NRL's fault.

Got this sent through via the Raiders this morning.

Am thinking this is a BIG REASON members can't get their same seats for the Prelim Final...
CORPORATE HOSPITALITY
NOW AVAILABLE
See the Preliminary Final in style and secure tickets now. The Lounge cocktail function is selling fast. Ticket includes exclusive lounge access, food and beverage, grandstand reserved seating $350

Call our corporate team on 02 6253 3515 or click to send direct email enquiry.
I see this and start calling BS on the Raiders stating they have no power over the finals seating allocations because of the NRL. They do it at other venues, Storm, cough, Bunnies, cough. It's not fully the NRL's fault.

I'm seeing a money grab by the Raiders and the seats these packages occupy are probably in the grandstands and as such would be unfair for those members not to get their usual seat and everyone else. How about just giving the Corporate Hospitality people access to the lounges and non-corps can line up at the usual bars and eateries.

Last time we were in the finals and couldn't get our normal seats I looked up there and they were empty for the whole game all 6 of them...
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Re: Season Seat at the Prelim Final - It's not just the NRL's fault

Post by Matt »

yup
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Are your seats any good? I might just snap a couple of them up
Dont delete this GE
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

To be fair this is very unfamiliar territory for the Raiders administration.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Call me crazy, but im not seeing the problem.
It's expressly clear what the season ticket purchase gets you for finals games, and at no point have i seen the club ever say they guarantee your seat for finals games.

I understand people want to sit in the same seats they sit every week but a season ticket entitles you to a season for regular season games. That's what you've purchased, you haven't purchased the right to that seat for finals matches.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

We host our first ever preliminary final and suddenly a sense of entitlement begins to creep into the fan base.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: September 18, 2019, 3:13 pm We host our first ever preliminary final and suddenly a sense of entitlement begins to creep into the fan base.
I WANT MY SEATS DAMMIT!!!
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Matt wrote: September 18, 2019, 3:19 pm
Northern Raider wrote: September 18, 2019, 3:13 pm We host our first ever preliminary final and suddenly a sense of entitlement begins to creep into the fan base.
But im more of a fan than you!
Dont delete this GE
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Your seat is for the regular season only. That's what you signed up for.

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

simo wrote: September 18, 2019, 3:25 pm
are not
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I'm not a ticketed member. That said I am a member, and we get hammered with how important we are to the club. You'd think this would be the time for that to be reflected.

Even if you were given the option to upgrade to the $350 package for $200 and retain your seat that'd be something.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 18, 2019, 3:49 pm
I'm not a ticketed member. That said I am a member, and we get hammered with how important we are to the club. You'd think this would be the time for that to be reflected.

Even if you were given the option to upgrade to the $350 package for $200 and retain your seat that'd be something.
As a non ticketed member you still get access to buy tickets before the general public.

Not sure why this is a big deal. the NRL does take control of the venues and details for finals and members get exactly what was promised to them in their membership.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

If we were in this position last year we would be travelling to Sydney to play this game as our home game.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

pickles wrote: September 18, 2019, 4:03 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 18, 2019, 3:49 pm

As a non ticketed member you still get access to buy tickets before the general public.

Not sure why this is a big deal. the NRL does take control of the venues and details for finals and members get exactly what was promised to them in their membership.
I'm in NZ. Any other year would have been fine for a mercy dash, but as it pans out the year we're threatening a GF I'm getting married next year.

I guess it's the USA thing about a season ticket guaranteeing that seat creeping in. If you look at it from the NRL's point of view the difference would be those USA pro sports seats cost a bucketload more than ours, and their crowds for NFL and NBA are generally 95%+ sold out.

I just think it would be a nice touch if those that have been there through May - August got first crack at their seats.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

-TW- wrote:Your seat is for the regular season only. That's what you signed up for.

Well that's not good enough. Our seats should have our names engraved on them. And they should be removable so we can take them home to sit on while watching away games on TV.

IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH GODDAMIT
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 18, 2019, 5:08 pm
-TW- wrote:Your seat is for the regular season only. That's what you signed up for.

Well that's not good enough. Our seats should have our names engraved on them. And they should be removable so we can take them home to sit on while watching away games on TV.

IT'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH GODDAMIT
I'll tell you what, I'll bet the Roosters fans are allowed to take their engraved chairs home with them to watch away games.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

They lay them out ready for their fans to take home Image
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Re: Season seats at the Preliminary Final - It's not just the NRL's fault

Post by The Nickman »

This is a bloody outrage! I'm taking this all the way to the top!!

FEEERRRGGGUUUUSSSSSSS!!!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

My understanding is the NRL controls all the ticketing and corporate packages at all finals games. All of the revenue from ticket sales goes to the NRL.

I suspect that what the NRL does at Canberra Stadium has more to do with the fact that the Stadium is not configured well for them to sell corporate packages... and that they are looking to sell more premium packages than the corporate levels in the Meninga and East Stadiums will allow.

Grounds like Melbourne Rectangular probably have more corporate package capability... which means they are more prepared to allow members to take their own seats at stadiums like that.

I'm a Club 82 member... and was told I could get my regular "seat" in what they call the "Rugby Room" for $400... when I pay $125 a game now. There are extras for the $400, in terms of full catering and beverage package, but there would be no guarantee you could get an allocated seat outside (ie they would be selling beyond the usual capacity of 36 for that suite).

I've chosen the corporate package in the Meninga Stand for $350... it is really expensive, but a little less than the $400 and you get a seat.

There is no doubt that the NRL tests the very limits of pricing in any event they run. Magic Round was $100 for one day behind the goal posts, uncovered, in the sun.

I used to have seats on half way in the Meninga Stand... and used to get pretty cranky about not being able to get my season seat... but it is the NRL's decision (as I understand it) and they are focussed on maximising the revenue from the game.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

But will you get to take the seat home?
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

I’m sure the prelims will sell out or come very close to it but the attendance in the first week of finals was disappointing to say the least.

I and sure that cost has a lot to do with it!

Even for the grand final you could easily get a ticket the week before almost every year.

This isn’t related to specific seats but it seems that make as much per ticket as possible might not be the best approach for the NRL
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

PS... I can understand that members feel entitled to be looked after. Indeed they should feel entitled to be looked after. They show their loyalty by buying their season tickets every year and that should be rewarded... and I don't think the NRL really shows much inclination to do that, when they control events. It was the same for the World Cup ticketing.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 18, 2019, 5:44 pm But will you get to take the seat home?
No.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

greeneyed wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote: September 18, 2019, 5:44 pm But will you get to take the seat home?
No.
You should have gone the $400 option
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

simo wrote: September 18, 2019, 3:25 pm
:roflmao
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

If I’m paying $400 I’m taking the seat home with me... one way or another
raider 86
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by raider 86 »

hey guys how do we get our hands on these prelim tickets? I can only find the week 2 finals tickets?

Thanks in advance.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

raider 86 wrote:hey guys how do we get our hands on these prelim tickets? I can only find the week 2 finals tickets?

Thanks in advance.
You NEEDMEMBERSCODE
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

The Rickman wrote:
raider 86 wrote:hey guys how do we get our hands on these prelim tickets? I can only find the week 2 finals tickets?

Thanks in advance.
You NEEDMEMBERSCODE
It's amazing what they can do with technology these days
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

The Rickman wrote:

Thanks in advance.
You NEEDMEMBERSCODE
This killed me :lol:
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

Where’s the best place to sit with 2 adults and a child (9)?

I’ve sat in both Grandstands before but I’m wondering if I’ll get a seats there (cost/availability).

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

The Rickman wrote: September 18, 2019, 6:10 pm If I’m paying $400 I’m taking the seat home with me... one way or another
I remember there being a great story about an early Raiders forum meeting (2000ish) and a chair. After a close loss some fan went beserk and ripped the seat off it's foundation at one of the Sydney stadiums :roflmao

Pigrick may remember the full story.
Last edited by Roger Kenworthy on September 18, 2019, 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote: September 18, 2019, 5:47 pm PS... I can understand that members feel entitled to be looked after. Indeed they should feel entitled to be looked after. They show their loyalty by buying their season tickets every year and that should be rewarded... and I don't think the NRL really shows much inclination to do that, when they control events. It was the same for the World Cup ticketing.
It's funny as gameday tickets seems like such an inconsequential revenue stream compared to TV rights these days. I guess if there's money to be made the NRL will maximise it though.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

raider 86 wrote: September 18, 2019, 6:36 pm hey guys how do we get our hands on these prelim tickets? I can only find the week 2 finals tickets?

Thanks in advance.
Only corporate packages have been made available so far. As per the quoted email in the original post... you ring the phone number above. (I didn't get it myself, but it was offered to Club 82 members and I presume other corporates at the last home game.0
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: September 18, 2019, 5:47 pm PS... I can understand that members feel entitled to be looked after. Indeed they should feel entitled to be looked after. They show their loyalty by buying their season tickets every year and that should be rewarded... and I don't think the NRL really shows much inclination to do that, when they control events. It was the same for the World Cup ticketing.
Yeah i get it too, it would be great if we had a system and stadium set up where it allowed the season ticket holders to get priority on their seats, you sort of go through the ups and downs of a season with the people you sit around and not experiencing the "big" games with those people is a little dissatisfying... It sucks. But it is what it is unfortunately.