Grand Final tickets

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Post Reply
Raidersteve
Terry Campese
Posts: 79
Joined: March 12, 2008, 4:59 pm

Grand Final tickets

Post by Raidersteve » September 15, 2019, 8:29 pm

Just a basic question but can members buy more than one ticket?

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10070
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Grand final tickets

Post by gangrenous » September 15, 2019, 8:46 pm

Grand final tickets are already on sale to the public now. You can buy up to 8 at a time.

LastRaider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1597
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by LastRaider » September 15, 2019, 9:50 pm

gangrenous wrote:Grand final tickets are already on sale to the public now. You can buy up to 8 at a time.
What bay or area do we book for the Raiders supports area?

User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10070
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by gangrenous » September 15, 2019, 10:20 pm

Good question, not sure if there’s a plan on that front.

Beyond take over all bays

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30568
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by -TW- » September 15, 2019, 10:24 pm

The ends are club supporter bays

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
1992
David Furner
Posts: 3039
Joined: April 24, 2011, 4:08 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by 1992 » September 16, 2019, 10:58 am

-TW- wrote:
September 15, 2019, 10:24 pm
The ends are club supporter bays

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Wherr will Canberra be if we make it?
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14617
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by reptar » September 16, 2019, 11:32 am

1992 wrote:
-TW- wrote:
September 15, 2019, 10:24 pm
The ends are club supporter bays

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Wherr will Canberra be if we make it?
I don't think they'll move Canberra for the game, so probably where it is now
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

LastRaider
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1597
Joined: March 31, 2018, 9:30 pm

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by LastRaider » September 16, 2019, 11:36 am

reptar wrote:
1992 wrote:
-TW- wrote:
September 15, 2019, 10:24 pm
The ends are club supporter bays

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Wherr will Canberra be if we make it?
I don't think they'll move Canberra for the game, so probably where it is now
I think he means which actual seats should we book

User avatar
reptar
Laurie Daley
Posts: 14617
Joined: January 25, 2005, 9:24 pm
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson
Location: Brisbane

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by reptar » September 16, 2019, 12:09 pm

LastRaider wrote:
reptar wrote:
1992 wrote:
-TW- wrote:
September 15, 2019, 10:24 pm
The ends are club supporter bays

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Wherr will Canberra be if we make it?
I don't think they'll move Canberra for the game, so probably where it is now
I think he means which actual seats should we book
Oh right. Well, carry on, then.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.

User avatar
pickles
Jason Croker
Posts: 4827
Joined: November 18, 2007, 2:04 pm
Location: Callala Bay

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by pickles » September 16, 2019, 1:16 pm

Just had a look at tickets and they genuinely don't miss you! If we make it I will be trying desperately to get in on the Raiders allocation with everyone else. They are rubbish seats but I'd rather have a crap view with the mad raiders crew than see the game any other way.

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30568
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by -TW- » September 16, 2019, 1:39 pm

pickles wrote:Just had a look at tickets and they genuinely don't miss you! If we make it I will be trying desperately to get in on the Raiders allocation with everyone else. They are rubbish seats but I'd rather have a crap view with the mad raiders crew than see the game any other way.
To be fair the whole of ANZ is a crap view

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 1:40 pm

Agreed. Just an awful, awful stadium all round
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Posts: 23319
Joined: June 19, 2007, 8:17 am
Favourite Player: Dean Lance
Location: Greener pastures

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by Northern Raider » September 16, 2019, 2:49 pm

-TW- wrote:
September 16, 2019, 1:39 pm
pickles wrote:Just had a look at tickets and they genuinely don't miss you! If we make it I will be trying desperately to get in on the Raiders allocation with everyone else. They are rubbish seats but I'd rather have a crap view with the mad raiders crew than see the game any other way.
To be fair the whole of ANZ is a crap view
So true. 20 year old stadium not made for football. Its a terrible venue for a grand final.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.

User avatar
pickles
Jason Croker
Posts: 4827
Joined: November 18, 2007, 2:04 pm
Location: Callala Bay

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by pickles » September 16, 2019, 2:50 pm

That's for sure but to sit on a side relatively close to the game you are looking at platinum seats and even then most of the decent ones are either stadium members or corporate. It is becoming more apparent why the grand final isn't on my annual to do list!

Billy Walker
David Furner
Posts: 3071
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by Billy Walker » September 16, 2019, 4:57 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 1:40 pm
Agreed. Just an awful, awful stadium all round
Isn’t is square?

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 4:59 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
September 16, 2019, 4:57 pm
The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 1:40 pm
Agreed. Just an awful, awful stadium all round
Isn’t is square?
No. That's why it **** sucks so much!

You don't get out much Billy, do you??
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Billy Walker
David Furner
Posts: 3071
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Grand final tickets

Post by Billy Walker » September 16, 2019, 5:29 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 4:59 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
September 16, 2019, 4:57 pm
The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 1:40 pm
Agreed. Just an awful, awful stadium all round
Isn’t is square?
No. That's why it **** sucks so much!

You don't get out much Billy, do you??
You do know it’s been reconfigured and can now be set to both oval and rectangular shapes yeah?

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm

It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
Last edited by The Rickman on September 16, 2019, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 5:33 pm

Round.

Image

Rectangle.

Image
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Billy Walker
David Furner
Posts: 3071
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by Billy Walker » September 16, 2019, 5:37 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm
It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either 😉

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30568
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by -TW- » September 16, 2019, 5:38 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm
It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either Image
Have you actually been there?

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 5:39 pm

-TW- wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:38 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm
It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either Image
Have you actually been there?

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Of course he hasn't. He's never been anywhere except school and back.
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Billy Walker
David Furner
Posts: 3071
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by Billy Walker » September 16, 2019, 5:40 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:33 pm
Round.

Image

Rectangle.

Image
Looks like someone has googled and realised they forgot its been reconfigured and is doing a little back tracking here :roflmao :roflmao

Billy Walker
David Furner
Posts: 3071
Joined: April 29, 2017, 7:22 pm
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by Billy Walker » September 16, 2019, 5:40 pm

-TW- wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:38 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm
It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either Image
Have you actually been there?

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Sure have 😉

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 30568
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by -TW- » September 16, 2019, 5:41 pm

Billy Walker wrote:
-TW- wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:38 pm
Billy Walker wrote:
The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 5:31 pm
It's round, mate. It's a big round stadium. I've been there many, many times. You, on the other hand, have never been outside of your mum's basement.
It can be oval, it’s generally rectangular, it’s never been round. Without wanting to blow your mind too much for one day -spoiler alert... the earth ain’t flat either Image
Have you actually been there?

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Sure have Image
Then you'd know it's not a **** rectangle

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk


User avatar
gangrenous
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10070
Joined: May 12, 2007, 10:42 pm

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by gangrenous » September 16, 2019, 6:11 pm

That’s a pretty old pic of ANZ. That seating at the ends didn’t last too long after the Olympics.

User avatar
Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19602
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by Dr Zaius » September 16, 2019, 6:13 pm

gangrenous wrote:That’s a pretty old pic of ANZ. That seating at the ends didn’t last too long after the Olympics.
Typical Nickman BS. I mean it's a rubbish stadium, but it was reconfigured post Olympics and is better than what it is like in that photo.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 6:24 pm

Dr Zaius wrote:
gangrenous wrote:That’s a pretty old pic of ANZ. That seating at the ends didn’t last too long after the Olympics.
Typical Nickman BS. I mean it's a rubbish stadium, but it was reconfigured post Olympics and is better than what it is like in that photo.
Absolute garbage. I was there last year and it’s still utter rubbish, and I was in GOOD seats

It’s honestly the worst “rugby league” stadium on the planet

I can only assume this is some weird state of origin thing with you Zaius. You’re such a strange character at times
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

User avatar
Dr Zaius
Laurie Daley
Posts: 19602
Joined: April 15, 2007, 11:03 am
Location: Queensland somewhere

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by Dr Zaius » September 16, 2019, 6:35 pm

The Rickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:
gangrenous wrote:That’s a pretty old pic of ANZ. That seating at the ends didn’t last too long after the Olympics.
Typical Nickman BS. I mean it's a rubbish stadium, but it was reconfigured post Olympics and is better than what it is like in that photo.
Absolute garbage. I was there last year and it’s still utter rubbish, and I was in GOOD seats

It’s honestly the worst “rugby league” stadium on the planet

I can only assume this is some weird state of origin thing with you Zaius. You’re such a strange character at times
Read my post again you dribbler.
RIP Greenbits: 2007-2014

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 6:36 pm

No! You read it out to me!!

You’re not even my real dad
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Bay53
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5558
Joined: March 11, 2007, 9:35 pm

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by Bay53 » September 16, 2019, 6:53 pm

For those that are actually looking for information on this, and of course remembering that we need to get through a very tough prelim first:

- Seats for the Grand Final originally went on sale many months ago as they do every year. They are still on sale now.
- However the NRL holds back a fair portion of the seats for sale the week of the game. These are mainly at the ends of the ground with each club nominally being allocated an end. They also have category 1 seats etc. Pretty much all on the Eastern side of the ground. Western side at least bottom level, middle level and front part of top level is all ANZ stadium members (of which I am one)
- Sales in the week of the GF will be similar to the other finals in that there is a members period, Telstra period, non-ticketed period etc then public.
- Because the tickets went on sale many months ago when obviously the teams were not known, there are normally plenty of people looking to sell their tickets when their team misses out.
- Unless we maybe play Parramatta, I couldn't see a situation where any Raiders fan who wants to go misses out. It will probably sell out but that will be at the very end of the week. Storm actually have a lot of people come up from Melbourne but if we play them it will be two out of Sydney teams and Roosters having been in it a number of times recently don't tend to take up a huge allocation.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 6:56 pm

Bay53 wrote:For those that are actually looking for information on this, and of course remembering that we need to get through a very tough prelim first:

- Seats for the Grand Final originally went on sale many months ago as they do every year. They are still on sale now.
- However the NRL holds back a fair portion of the seats for sale the week of the game. These are mainly at the ends of the ground with each club nominally being allocated an end. They also have category 1 seats etc. Pretty much all on the Eastern side of the ground. Western side at least bottom level, middle level and front part of top level is all ANZ stadium members (of which I am one)
- Sales in the week of the GF will be similar to the other finals in that there is a members period, Telstra period, non-ticketed period etc then public.
- Because the tickets went on sale many months ago when obviously the teams were not known, there are normally plenty of people looking to sell their tickets when their team misses out.
- Unless we maybe play Parramatta, I couldn't see a situation where any Raiders fan who wants to go misses out. It will probably sell out but that will be at the very end of the week. Storm actually have a lot of people come up from Melbourne but if we play them it will be two out of Sydney teams and Roosters having been in it a number of times recently don't tend to take up a huge allocation.
Thanks Sean. I’ll be looking for tickets pretty much the second we beat manly in two weeks!
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

Bay53
Ruben Wiki
Posts: 5558
Joined: March 11, 2007, 9:35 pm

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by Bay53 » September 16, 2019, 7:02 pm

The Rickman wrote:
September 16, 2019, 6:56 pm
Bay53 wrote:For those that are actually looking for information on this, and of course remembering that we need to get through a very tough prelim first:

- Seats for the Grand Final originally went on sale many months ago as they do every year. They are still on sale now.
- However the NRL holds back a fair portion of the seats for sale the week of the game. These are mainly at the ends of the ground with each club nominally being allocated an end. They also have category 1 seats etc. Pretty much all on the Eastern side of the ground. Western side at least bottom level, middle level and front part of top level is all ANZ stadium members (of which I am one)
- Sales in the week of the GF will be similar to the other finals in that there is a members period, Telstra period, non-ticketed period etc then public.
- Because the tickets went on sale many months ago when obviously the teams were not known, there are normally plenty of people looking to sell their tickets when their team misses out.
- Unless we maybe play Parramatta, I couldn't see a situation where any Raiders fan who wants to go misses out. It will probably sell out but that will be at the very end of the week. Storm actually have a lot of people come up from Melbourne but if we play them it will be two out of Sydney teams and Roosters having been in it a number of times recently don't tend to take up a huge allocation.
Thanks Sean. I’ll be looking for tickets pretty much the second we beat manly in two weeks!
That is my point. They might not be easy to get straight after the prelim, because they get held back to the next week. They might even go off sale before the prelims from memory. But then I expect everyone who wants one will be able to get one.

User avatar
The Rickman
Mal Meninga
Posts: 44108
Joined: June 25, 2012, 9:53 am
Favourite Player: Hodgo
Location: Rockhampton, Central Queensland

NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by The Rickman » September 16, 2019, 7:04 pm

I’ve already got my flights booked, but I figure they’re the biggest cost and I can always cancel them and use them again in the future.

But I don’t want to buy tickets and then have to offload them, so I’m just going to have to hope someone will NEEDMEMBERSCODE me when the time comes
Image
2012 Golden Boogs Newbie of the Year
2013 'Nella Awards Best Punter
2013 Boogs Thread of the Year ~ The Betting Thread
2014 Boogs Matthew Elliott Award Winner
2014 Boogs some award with Hanbush

gergreg
Steve Walters
Posts: 7249
Joined: June 24, 2008, 4:22 pm

Re: NEEDMEMBERSCODE - Grand Final tickets

Post by gergreg » September 16, 2019, 9:26 pm

Gee times are a bit tough at my place. We just had quarterly rates and body corporate, car rego and it's my daughters birthday on grand final day and she wanted an expensive new bike for her special day. Then this added grand final expense.
She'll get over it I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017

Post Reply