Preliminary Final tickets

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Preliminary Final tickets

Post by greeneyed »

Peter wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:42 pm Should we be pre-booking the parking?
You can't.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

greeneyed wrote: September 23, 2019, 4:51 pm
Dusty wrote: September 23, 2019, 4:46 pm I just went on through Ticketek and got Cat 1 tix (Bay 12)... I now have 3 spares for Bay 76 that I’ll be looking to move on.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Honestly, this is very poor conduct from the NRL... when we have people posting on our sites, saying they couldn't get anything but standing tickets and took them... someone with three young kids... and NOW they're selling seats in the Meninga Stand!

yeah it is a disgrace the way they did it, my mate went on at 10 to get 4 cat 1 tickets for us and could only get 2 in cat 4, i had to then scramble after work to get one in cat 4 and 3hrs later went back on to find there was now cat 1 available, what a joke.
raider 4 life
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

If we were storm or roosters fans there are plenty of tickets left :)

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

NRL **** us all over here.
we wanted over 3 tickets together, 3 was enough then split up into groups, we got 3 together, 2 together, and 3 singles.
why do the ticketed club members get shafted?
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

cat wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:49 pm
Raidersteve wrote:
raiderskater wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:21 pm
Raidersteve wrote: September 23, 2019, 6:29 pm Any tips on possible bus stops on the way in from Sydney. What are the buses like getting out of the stadium is it likely to be quicker to catch a bus out to my car? I need to get back on the road as quickly as possible to get the family home.
Get it from Gungahlin, that's the furthest north and you can just jump out onto Horse Park Drive and then up onto the Highway, 5 minutes tops.

Getting out the bus gets caught in the traffic anyway, but on the plus side you don't have to be trying to get out of a spot or join the road from a parking row, so it's still quicker I think.

Parking is $10 for a dirt paddock, but the bus is free.
Thanks for the tip. I will have to see how I am travelling for time having the 3 boys and wife with me will make any of the options tricky but you got to do what you got to do.
You can park at dryndra ave and walk up

How far is the walk from their is it workable with a nearly 3, near 5 and 7 year old?
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

Raidersteve wrote: September 23, 2019, 6:21 pm Parking will be a nightmare. Hope to make it to Canberra by 7 that's about the best I can do.
You could park out at Gungahlin and get the bus from there. Might relieve some stress.
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

I wouldn't park on Dryandra St when there is a big crowd in the offing, likely to be overcrowded, crawling with parking police and too far a walk for young kids, especially during the charge of the light brigade at full time. Park at Dickson or Gungahlin and catch the bus, it might be a bit slow but nobody is getting away from GIO in a hurry on Friday unless they are in an ambulance.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Raidersteve wrote: September 23, 2019, 8:15 pm
Raidersteve wrote:
Raidersteve wrote: September 23, 2019, 6:29 pm Any tips on possible bus stops on the way in from Sydney. What are the buses like getting out of the stadium is it likely to be quicker to catch a bus out to my car? I need to get back on the road as quickly as possible to get the family home.
Get it from Gungahlin, that's the furthest north and you can just jump out onto Horse Park Drive and then up onto the Highway, 5 minutes tops.

Getting out the bus gets caught in the traffic anyway, but on the plus side you don't have to be trying to get out of a spot or join the road from a parking row, so it's still quicker I think.

Thanks for the tip. I will have to see how I am travelling for time having the 3 boys and wife with me will make any of the options tricky but you got to do what you got to do.

How far is the walk from their is it workable with a nearly 3, near 5 and 7 year old?
about 15min walk, its just over 1km, its a paved path but not well lit, its through the bush which is a bit of fun for kids and its actually really cool to walk back down if we win with everyone cheering and singing
Vaccinated
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Cranky Old Man wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:04 pm I wouldn't park on Dryandra St when there is a big crowd in the offing, likely to be overcrowded, crawling with parking police and too far a walk for young kids, especially during the charge of the light brigade at full time. Park at Dickson or Gungahlin and catch the bus, it might be a bit slow but nobody is getting away from GIO in a hurry on Friday unless they are in an ambulance.
Are there really parking restrictions at dryandra? I've parked there before without issue
raider dos
Terry Campese

Post by raider dos »

Azza wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:12 pm
Cranky Old Man wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:04 pm I wouldn't park on Dryandra St when there is a big crowd in the offing, likely to be overcrowded, crawling with parking police and too far a walk for young kids, especially during the charge of the light brigade at full time. Park at Dickson or Gungahlin and catch the bus, it might be a bit slow but nobody is getting away from GIO in a hurry on Friday unless they are in an ambulance.
Are there really parking restrictions at dryandra? I've parked there before without issue
After the final against the sharks I had a few of my tyres let down after parking on dryandra. I reckon the locals don't like the extra patronage.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raidersteve wrote: September 23, 2019, 8:15 pm
Raidersteve wrote:

It is 15 minutes to the east and 20 minutes to the west entry, that's if you park right at the entry to the trail. Lots of people park there, so you're unlikely to be right at the entry...
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

I'd say best solution to driving in is parking at UC and walking over. Would be a 15 minute walk I reckon but worth it in comparison to CIT. CIT has become a nightmare this season. Sea Eagles game I sat there for an hour motionless and Roosters wasn't much better.

I'll be making alternative arrangements this time round however.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

raider dos wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:15 pm
Azza wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:12 pm
After the final against the sharks I had a few of my tyres let down after parking on dryandra. I reckon the locals don't like the extra patronage.
I've never had an issue personally. Touchwood
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

If we win... Where would people go for post match celebrations? Is Tradies still a thing?
BigMan
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by BigMan »

nemesis wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:50 pm
Dusty wrote: September 23, 2019, 4:46 pm I just went on through Ticketek and got Cat 1 tix (Bay 12)... I now have 3 spares for Bay 76 that I’ll be looking to move on.

Honestly, this is very poor conduct from the NRL... when we have people posting on our sites, saying they couldn't get anything but standing tickets and took them... someone with three young kids... and NOW they're selling seats in the Meninga Stand!

yeah it is a disgrace the way they did it, my mate went on at 10 to get 4 cat 1 tickets for us and could only get 2 in cat 4, i had to then scramble after work to get one in cat 4 and 3hrs later went back on to find there was now cat 1 available, what a joke.
Yeh im also not happy, Went on at 1pm and only tickets seated together are in the rabbits supporters bay. Looks like ill be well loved!!
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

greeneyed wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:49 pm
Peter wrote: September 23, 2019, 7:42 pm Should we be pre-booking the parking?
You can't.
Great so everyone has to get there 2 hours before kick off. At least we get to watch the Jersey Flegg grand final. Oh wait....
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Looks to be sold out, unless more seats are made available
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

reptar wrote:
Luffto wrote:Can't wait to tell non-stop abuse at *checks notes* Sam Burgess
The last time I did this, it was at Terry Hill
Crikey. I hope you were wearing your raincoat.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

So, no tickets left according to Ticketek. Basically sold out to members before the general public got a chance.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wouldn't be surprised to see a final release in the morning

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

pacman wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:39 pm If we win... Where would people go for post match celebrations? Is Tradies still a thing?
No, it's not. Raiders Belconnen maybe?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: September 24, 2019, 12:29 am
pacman wrote: September 23, 2019, 9:39 pm If we win... Where would people go for post match celebrations? Is Tradies still a thing?
It has to be Mooseheads, doesn't it?? Surely... for old times' sake??
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

The Rickman wrote: September 24, 2019, 7:12 am
greeneyed wrote: September 24, 2019, 12:29 am
It has to be Mooseheads, doesn't it?? Surely... for old times' sake??
Not cube? :D
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

I'm with you GE. I'm not going to complain too much as I ended up getting my 5 in Category 2, but missing out on Cat 1 within 8 minutes of them being released is harsh if they're just going to open some of the best seats up in the house later on that day in the Category they said was not available to fully ticketed members. The rationale I heard was the NRL is now selling the tickets corporates and sponsors didn't take....here's an idea, if you're going to hold them ones back why not give those people from say 10am - 12pm to purchase them, and then open the rest up of the ground to ticketed members at 1pm or something? Why is everything they do completely backwards and illogical? It took me about 3 seconds to come up with the solution.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Haha just once again proves that absolutely everything the NRL does is a deadset clown show.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins

Post by tommyhud9 »

Ticketek is a **** JOKE
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins

Post by tommyhud9 »

Can we set up some sort of resale thread for those who have ones to give away?
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

PM me if anyone needs SOLO tickets, bay 24, bay 68 and bay 70. NRL is a joke.
tried to get 7 together yesterday, they gave us 3, 2, 1, 1, 1.
fun times. wankers.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Officially sold out apparently.

Who made the decision not to do extra seating and break the ground record for the biggest night in Canberra sports history?
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Zip Zip »

Pretty disgusted that western side tickets were released so late in the day.

I just tried to send a complaint via the NRL website and of course, it's not working.

I had no trouble getting western side tickets in 2010, 2012 or 2016!
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

BJ wrote:Officially sold out apparently.

Who made the decision not to do extra seating and break the ground record for the biggest night in Canberra sports history?
Where do you propose on putting them exactly?

CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

Zip Zip wrote: September 24, 2019, 10:26 am Pretty disgusted that western side tickets were released so late in the day.

I just tried to send a complaint via the NRL website and of course, it's not working.

I had no trouble getting western side tickets in 2010, 2012 or 2016!
it's a joke, i go with my family to every game, and we have to sit split up as we tried to get tickets at 10am yesterday. ill most likely cop it and sit on my own in bay 70 on the fence though haha.
GAZF
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by GAZF »

CJ42 wrote: September 24, 2019, 10:24 am PM me if anyone needs SOLO tickets, bay 24, bay 68 and bay 70. NRL is a joke.
tried to get 7 together yesterday, they gave us 3, 2, 1, 1, 1.
fun times. wankers.
If this is the right place to post for this, I've also got a spare solo ticket in Bay 29.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Just a reminder. Please make sure any resale tickets on The Greenhouse are offered at no more than original cost, thanks.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

-TW- wrote:
BJ wrote:Officially sold out apparently.

Where do you propose on putting them exactly?

There are apparently possible locations but according to Canberra Times the ACT Government and the NRL thought a temporary stand of 1000 at the Southern end didn’t provide a good enough view. If people want a good view they watch on TV, if people want to experience the atmosphere of the ground and join in crowd activities they should have the option to purchase additional tickets.

On sold out games, People often pay to watch games in UK from Apartments outside the ground.