4%

Total votes: 23

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by reptar »

greeneyed wrote:I can’t sleep.
I could, but just finished a bloody tender submission. So i need to get home first.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

-PJ- wrote: September 26, 2019, 5:27 am
InFernos_Raiders wrote: September 25, 2019, 9:31 pm Anyone know why Sutton is out of the team ?
I've made a couple of phone calls to the club..

I'm hearing he didn't chip in for Smellys scooter.
Why do they cal EW Smellys ?
Smurfette
Brett Mullins

Post by Smurfette »

Woke up half an hour ago. Tried to go back to sleep but couldn’t help wondering about how many other excited Raiders fans would be wide awake with anticipation, so just decided to go with it.

EJ wrote: September 27, 2019, 12:34 am I'm 35. I was 10 for our last premiership. Nobody's a real fan at 10. You simply don't have the life library of experience. You haven't had the deep spectrum of emotions that you become familiar with after following the highs and lows of a footy team for a decade or two or three or four. The gravitas of a Grand Final win or even appearance cannot be fully appreciated by a 10 year old.
I was 7, but 100% this. I absolutely loved the Raiders back then, but it’s only as an adult that I’ve come to appreciate just how hard winning a premiership is, and what an incredible achievement it is.

This team deserves to have a shot at it. I hope they get their chance.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: September 27, 2019, 2:27 am
InFernos_Raiders wrote: September 25, 2019, 9:31 pm Anyone know why Sutton is out of the team ?

Elliot = Smelliot = Smelly.

And he’s English so....
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Actually had a pretty good sleep. Woke up with a sense of calm I didn’t have yesterday, I can’t see that lasting.

Time for some training, pack the car and kids, and get this roller coaster of a day started.

Game Day.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Coastalraider wrote:Actually had a pretty good sleep. Woke up with a sense of calm I didn’t have yesterday, I can’t see that lasting.

Time for some training, pack the car and kids, and get this roller coaster of a day started.

Game Day.
I'm the opposite, yesterday I was calm today I'm excited

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Raidersteve
Noa Nadruku

Post by Raidersteve »

Shocking sleeping this week. Just can't wait for the game. Drive back to Sydney tonight is going to be brutal.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

South Sydney Rabbitohs set to ring the changes ahead of Canberra Raiders clash

The Rabbitohs could be forced to make changes for the preliminary final against the Raiders, with George Burgess in doubt due to injury. Sam Burgess could move into the middle, Ethan Lowe potentially to the second row, and Dean Britt come onto the bench.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Four Raiders weddings and a footy final

Four Raiders players are getting married post-season. Joe Tapine and Kirsten will be married a week after the grand final, in Newcastle on October 12.

Sam Williams and Sarah Gilbert are getting married the week after. Then it's Jordan Rapana and Kelsey Kopp in November and Joey Leilua and his partner Tiana Faapoi in December.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14225

What you need to know for Raiders final: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... gn=sidebar

Jack Wighton makes up for lost time at Canberra Raiders

Jack Wighton is still trying to make up for lost time.

"I let a lot of people down last year. A lot of people are getting older and we had missed opportunities.Just repaying them for little things like that. But also just repaying myself back for lost time. And for my family, making up for it."

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/wighton-ma ... f73569759a

Vautin: South Sydney better off without 'ordinary' James Roberts for Raiders preliminary final: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/fatty-vaut ... 251e64d05c

Bennett reveals what makes him tick: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/nrl-s-benn ... 794c4a886c

‘Where do I sign!’: The scrap that launched the career of Canberra Raiders forward John Bateman

Canberra forward John Bateman has forged a reputation for his toughness, hunger for success and a liking for the odd scrap. The remarkable circumstances surrounding his initial signing to Wigan as a 14-year-old highlight just how deep that runs.

"It is a massive game but you can't look at it and go 'this is the biggest game I am going to play'," he said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/27/whe ... ns-career/

VIDEO: Who is Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad? https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/27/who ... -klokstad/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Kicking off: Jarrod Croker gets goal radar on target for Raiders final

Jarrod Croker has been here before. Big games mean big kicks in front of big finals crowds.

Canberra Raiders deserve permanent NRL prelim final

Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker says a packed Canberra Stadium is all the proof NRL boss Todd Greenberg needs to make home preliminary finals a permanent thing in the capital.

"The proof's here, isn't it? We've earned the home semi and it's sold out," Croker said. "I think it's a great idea to be able to have home prelims so I don't see why they'd have to change anything now."

Canberra Raiders' left edge leading the way, but the right's back together

Move over Leipana, Crokric is in town. This season the Raiders have scored 43 tries down their left edge, 11 more than the right.

"It's just having Jacko as that extra runner and that running five-eighth it's just added another dimension to that left edge," Jarrod Croker said.

The time is right for Canberra Raiders prop Emre Guler, well almost

Emre Guler's forced his way into the Canberra Raiders team at the right time of year, but it's come at the wrong time for his mum. She's on holiday in Turkey.

"She asked me early on in the year, 'If you guys make finals will you be upset if I'm not there?' "Guler said. "' 'Naa ... just go and enjoy yourself.' That's the chat we had. Maybe she regrets it now!"

Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Are we looking like being 1-17 tonight?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Looks that way so far.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Just got my next flight upgrade to business! Dare I say it, but... everything’s coming up Rickman!
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 27, 2019, 1:16 pm Just got my next flight upgrade to business! Dare I say it, but... everything’s coming up Rickman!
Oh Jebus....

The more that goes right, the more I’m waiting for something to go wrong.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

magoo wrote:
EJ wrote: September 27, 2019, 12:34 am I'm 35. I was 10 for our last premiership. Nobody's a real fan at 10. You simply don't have the life library of experience. You haven't had the deep spectrum of emotions that you become familiar with after following the highs and lows of a footy team for a decade or two or three or four. The gravitas of a Grand Final win or even appearance cannot be fully appreciated by a 10 year old.

I'm 35 and feel like tomorrow is the biggest game of my life. The thought of winning and seeing us in a Grand Final is just foreign to me.

I'm still pretty calm. I have a busy day at work tomorrow. Will knock off at 2:30pm and start driving to Canberra from the eastern suburbs of Sydney. I almost don't want to say it out loud, but like a lot of others, I am feeling a sense of destiny about tomorrow. I'm not sure how I'll feel about the GF if we make it, but I'll worry about that if we beat Souffs.

COME ON RAIDERS!
I was 18 in 89. 87 to 95 were wonderful years to be a raiders fan. I was so young and arrogant , I thought it would never end. I took it for granted and really wished I had of appreciated how special that era was whilst it was happening.
Oh I fully appreciate it now, after 25years of hurt,pain and disappointment. So my sincere heartfelt message to raiders fans of all ages is simple....cherish the goodtimes people .
Raiders to win by 2.
I'm the same. I remember watching the 94 GF at the Raiders club at Mawson and didn't bother hanging around for the post game celebrations because meh, we were just such a powerhouse and there would be plenty more.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders look to end grand final drought by overcoming curious home game record

The Raiders' 2019 form for winning games on their home turf has been mixed, but they're heading into the preliminary final, played at Canberra Stadium, as firm favourites.

In the last round of the season, the Raiders' lost their final home game to the New Zealand Warriors.

Read more: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-09-27/ ... t/11549542
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Just accidentally watched "Ode to Joy", probably getting just a little ahead of myself.
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

We can do it. We blew in it 16 but we’re back now and it’s our time. In Ricky I trust. Go the boys.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Coastalraider wrote: September 27, 2019, 5:17 am
InFernos_Raiders wrote: September 27, 2019, 2:27 am

Elliot = Smelliot = Smelly.

And he’s English so....
lol thanks ... poor guy lol
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL GRAND FINAL! GRAND FINAL!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.