Rabbitohs 13+
4%

Total votes: 23

Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final V Rabbitohs: Teams and Previews

Post by Postman Pat »

Crusader wrote:Cody Walker likely to be suspended for punching. Tapine copped it, So should he

Sent from my SM-G930F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And Cook should be looked as for work on the eyes as well.

Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Souths have put 2 ordinary performances in because they are ordinary!
This result is all on us.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

When we played them in round 10 we had Bateman, Sezer, Rapana, Tapine and BJ out of the side.

We’re a different team now, I just hope we start aggressive and fast.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 20, 2019, 10:13 pm
Lucky wrote: September 20, 2019, 10:12 pm Brandy seems to suggest we will lose vs souths :)
No mate - he just said Souths would fancy their chances and Canberra are not an unbeatable side.

Of course Souths would think that

No team is unbeatable - look at what we did to Melbourne in Melbourne x 2
Yeah... but let's face it, Alexander hates the Raiders with a passion, he never hides it, and he was doing more of it after the game. Fox League really should pull him up on it. Commentators shouldn't be so biased.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

I'm Bate Man wrote:
Crusader wrote:Cody Walker likely to be suspended for punching. Tapine copped it, So should he

I saw this during the game, where was Finch's outrage this time?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar wrote: September 20, 2019, 11:56 pm
I'm Bate Man wrote:

I didn't see it on the video... at what stage of the game is it?

Hopefully the MRC is watching! Someone should send it to them!
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

I didn't know that nosegouging was a thing...
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Oh, and did anyone notice James Roberts tonight?

I thought not...
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Walker won’t get suspended for his love tap. Maybe a fine but that’s it.

Cook however, looking at those photos and without seeing it in real time to tell if it is deliberate or not, should expect to be cited if they want to be consistent.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: September 21, 2019, 12:03 am
reptar wrote: September 20, 2019, 11:56 pm
I'm Bate Man wrote:

https://streamable.com/u1nyq

I didn't see it on the video... at what stage of the game is it?

Hopefully the MRC is watching! Someone should send it to them!
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

zim wrote: September 21, 2019, 1:09 am
Not in McGuire/Young territory but up in Smith/Burgess territory for unnecessary crap to the head.

I doubt it will get a look though as he's a relative cleanskin ("not his go" :roflmao ) and it's more niggle than gouge. Not worth getting in a twist over as it will just look petty and cheap.

Ignore and move on, NRL will do whatever they do and who knows what that is but really- not much in it.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

I'm Bate Man wrote: September 20, 2019, 11:38 pm

AND count on it Cook won’t even been looked at.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

ALSO the Daily Tele Fox Sports etc I have not found any story any article on Cooks face tackle
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Preliminary Final: Teams and Previews

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: September 16, 2019, 5:28 pm Joe Tapine takes the early plea and is free to play in the Preliminary Final: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... oe-tapine/

Preliminary Final announcement: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... s-2-and-3/
I hope he has all the dumb things put away for the match against the Rabbitohs. With 90 carry over points, any indiscretion would see him miss the Grand Final. Yes, I am confident we can get the job done against Souths. They have a number of players who will test our players with niggling tactics and Taps and BJ will need to display 80 minutes of discipline for the good of the team.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

zim wrote: September 20, 2019, 11:39 pm Souths have put 2 ordinary performances in because they are ordinary!
This result is all on us.
But they put in an ordinary performance last night and WON.

Our best Vs their best next week and we go to a GF. Problem is I am far more comfortable with us being the underdog.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

My biggest concern here is that we’re playing at home, and our home crowd have just proven time and again this year that they’re unable to get the job done and get the team over the line.

It’s for this reason that I’ve decided to make the long trek down to Canberra for the game to pump everybody up.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 21, 2019, 5:53 am My biggest concern here is that we’re playing at home, and our home crowd have just proven time and again this year that they’re unable to get the job done and get the team over the line.

It’s for this reason that I’ve decided to make the long trek down to Canberra for the game to pump everybody up.
That would explain why the Raiders are sourcing extra seating capacity.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: September 21, 2019, 2:34 am

ALSO the Daily Tele Fox Sports etc I have not found any story any article on Cooks face tackle
After firing around both barrels this morning on Twitter, I’ve just realised on closer inspection it’s not actually Cooks hand. It’s Liam Knights.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Definitely Liam Knight. He will get time for that.

I thought Souths were incredibly lucky to get away with the win. Before Jake Trbojevic was binned, all the momentum was with Manly and Souths looked gone for all money. That was a game changer.

Souths weaknesses:
* Edge defence is the obvious one. On the left, Sutton looks gassed and slow when defending. On the right, Reynolds is obviously a decent target, and there is no doubt Burgess is carrying numerous injuries. Roberts is prone to the occasional brain snap in defence, too - he rushes out to try and solve the problem on his own.
* Back 3 out of yardage. I suspect they will be better next week with Gagai moving to Wing, but they have struggled to get out of their own end. Kicking to corners and line speed will cause them issues as their big forward pack will find it hard work to keep turning around if their back 3 are not getting them a lot of yards out of trouble.
* Physically spent. They have had a tough few weeks. Travel to NZ, followed by two physical games against the Roosters and then Manly. Even before that, their players seemed tired. If we play a physical style with quick line speed and driving defence (like we did to start the Storm game), I am confident they will fade later in the game. They played 10 minutes with 12 players against Manly, and looked really tired at the end.
* Bench rotation. When Murray is off, they drop noticeably.

Souths strengths:
* Cameron Murray. What a star player - has it all, but most important is he can generate momentum for them. I would be having Papalii and Tapine on at the same time as Murray, two internationals to match up against a future international.
* Reynolds kicking game. Long and short, this has always been a real strength of his. CNK’s positioning and work off the ball is crucial.
* Their left side. Cook’s favourite thing to do is jumping out to the left off a quick play the ball and finding Walker. They have some nice variety with Sutton, too. Our right side (Bateman, Sezer, Leilua) have a big job on their hands, as well as our markers who should know Cook prefers jumping out to his left.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: September 21, 2019, 2:32 am

Agree.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

GreenMachine wrote: September 21, 2019, 7:20 am

Agree.
But it’s not actually Cook. I’ve made a bit of a goose of myself on twitter trying to drum up some momentum, but it’s actually Knights hand.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

I’m not relying on the MRC to do us any favours...nor should they.
We have the team to get the job done with Souths at full strength if we play with controlled aggression.
Our home fans have waited all year for a big performance at home.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

The bunnies will bring it next weekend. Bennett is an astute coach and will have them up for the game. They have a good quality team and although they haven’t been at their best we should expect them next weekend.

Ultimately though, at our best we can win this and we should. We managed to hold the best attacking team in the comp to one try even when they had the ball for the first 10 minutes of the second half. It was the way we managed that period of the game that gave me confidence that this group will do what is required to win. Focus on what we do well and the rest will take care of itself.

Canberra has been waiting for a big home finals win for years and I think this will be the one! Can’t believe how pumped I am already for this game!
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I think our big advantage over this side is on the edge of the forwards.Sam Burgess is obviously a gun but I think he’s a bit past being an edge forward.

The trouble Walker/Waddell and DCE/Suli caused them (with Gosiewski pretty much absent in attack) was massive. And our players on those edges are much, much better than Manly’s.

And this might sound obvious but if we work them over up the guts they lose almost all their attack. Being a Bennett side there’s not much second phase and Cook is nullified without quick play the balls. Cody Walker will always be a threat but I look forward to Bateman trying to constantly niggle and work him over.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
PhilY
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Jason Croker

Post by PhilY »

Sid wrote: September 20, 2019, 9:59 pm So from this game Souffs will just be missing Walker won’t they ?
Hassler’s blow up over the refereeing has left me in a hypocritical quandary. Back in 2016 I blew up over Jack being sent off for a professional foul in very similar circumstances in the final against the Sharks - my words “should have been a penalty not a send off”. This time I was stoked that JT got binned for a professional foul and felt no sympathy for Des saying “should have been a penalty not a send off”! At least we can say that the officials are consistent.
Talking of which, Tapine was suspended for that slap as the Judiciary was making it clear that attacking the head of a player is totally unacceptable. If Walker is referred to the Judiciary they will have no choice but to suspend him. Of course that’s a Big IF. My guess is that controversy will be averted by not referring him.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I’m convinced for this game the raiders need to do a mini camp the days before. I remember Furner did it when he was coach to get the players switched on for home games early.

I think this is needed to switch everyone on
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

PhilY wrote: September 21, 2019, 8:49 am
Sid wrote: September 20, 2019, 9:59 pm So from this game Souffs will just be missing Walker won’t they ?
Hassler’s blow up over the refereeing has left me in a hypocritical quandary. Back in 2016 I blew up over Jack being sent off for a professional foul in very similar circumstances in the final against the Sharks - my words “should have been a penalty not a send off”. This time I was stoked that JT got binned for a professional foul and felt no sympathy for Des saying “should have been a penalty not a send off”! At least we can say that the officials are consistent.
Talking of which, Tapine was suspended for that slap as the Judiciary was making it clear that attacking the head of a player is totally unacceptable. If Walker is referred to the Judiciary they will have no choice but to suspend him. Of course that’s a Big IF. My guess is that controversy will be averted by not referring him.
The difference is that in 2016 no-one else had been binned for what Jack was binned for the whole season, whereas here there have been a couple of other instances of players being binned for interference.

It was abominably stupid. If he hadn't grabbed the jersey he might have got away with it, but he had to go and grab the ****ing jersey.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Coastalraider wrote: September 21, 2019, 7:27 am
GreenMachine wrote: September 21, 2019, 7:20 am

Agree.
But it’s not actually Cook. I’ve made a bit of a goose of myself on twitter trying to drum up some momentum, but it’s actually Knights hand.
A second gouger on the grassy knoll...
Cranky Old Man
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by Cranky Old Man »

Watching it live I thought it was Cook doing the gouge, and it was a real gouge action. Surprised to read that it may be Knight.
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

Cranky Old Man wrote: September 21, 2019, 10:56 am Watching it live I thought it was Cook doing the gouge, and it was a real gouge action. Surprised to read that it may be Knight.
I had to frame by frame. As they release the Rabbitohs player, Cooks arm comes from the torso, not the face. The stills make it look very much like Cook.
Last edited by Coastalraider on September 21, 2019, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

South Sydney Rabbitohs Cody Walker and Dane Gagai charged by match review committee, but free to play Canberra Raiders in Preliminary Final

South Sydney Rabbitohs Cody Walker and Dane Gagai are free to line up in next weekend's preliminary final against Canberra.

Walker and Gagai were charged with grade one contrary conduct on Manly backrower Jack Gosiewski. Walker and Gagai have each been hit with a fine of $1,150 for an early guilty plea ($1,500 fine for an unsuccessful challenge).

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/21/wee ... e-raiders/
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Wow can’t believe the hand in the face didn’t get any charge?
Crusader
Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Let the conspiracy theory begin! NRL will push for a all sydney grandfinal.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: September 20, 2019, 11:53 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 20, 2019, 10:13 pm
Lucky wrote: September 20, 2019, 10:12 pm Brandy seems to suggest we will lose vs souths :)
No mate - he just said Souths would fancy their chances and Canberra are not an unbeatable side.

Of course Souths would think that

No team is unbeatable - look at what we did to Melbourne in Melbourne x 2
Yeah... but let's face it, Alexander hates the Raiders with a passion, he never hides it, and he was doing more of it after the game. Fox League really should pull him up on it. Commentators shouldn't be so biased.
Hello all..

I would cop a weeks suspension to land a punch on Brandy..

Straight and hard, he wouldn't see it coming !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Lui_Bon wrote: September 21, 2019, 12:07 am I didn't know that nosegouging was a thing...
Contact wit the face..1 week.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock: