20%
Storm 13+
10%

Total votes: 10

Azza
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Game Day

Post by Azza »

Not even sure what Finch is doing in the media. Average player, average commentator.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Azza wrote: September 15, 2019, 8:54 am Not even sure what Finch is doing in the media. Average player, average commentator.
I can’t stand him, but maybe he did us a favour. Some were worried the Hudson Young things would be a distraction, I’m wondering if it helped create an “us against the world” mentality. We came out looking great. I’m happy for Finch, Matua, Mason and others to bag us about whatever for the next 2 weeks if we see the same response from the players!
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah I think that's why we seem to be doing better away from home this year... it's easier to embrace the us vs them mentality.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

It’s ironic that we host a home GF qualifier, in a season where our home form has been poor compared to our away form.
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Game Day

Post by BJ »

Finch is another of the #poorme media commentators that somehow find their way into rugby league coverage.

Happy to go off at some little known players, but always standing up for their mates and the big name players.

People like Finch and Reni matua always get upset whenever anyone has, or previously had, a shot at them for their actions and life decisions. “Cry cry Sticky said I lost them the grand final”

Finch = Hypocrite
redlynchraider
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by redlynchraider »

Finch's take on the Raiders win was the polar opposite to Dan Ginanes.That call on Triple M is spine tingling and easily the best call of the winning try for sure.
Chip and chase by Mullins, this will be a miracle, OOOHHH IT IS A MIRACLE
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Green Blogger wrote: September 15, 2019, 8:43 am So Brett Finch's response last night was that Melbourne lost that game. On reflection this has been a recurring theme all year in the media, teams have always made errors that cost them the game against Canberra. How long do you have to win for before people come to the realisation that maybe it is the performance of Canberra that is forcing those errors? Last night there was absolutely an element of thought in the Melbourne team late in the game that the Raiders were coming to get them as we have done it before and that thought process was proved to be true.
couldnt care less, couldnt give a ****
I hope in 3 weeks time Finchy is on camera talking about how the Storm lost that GF to the Raiders.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Woke up this morning with a huge smile on my face.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Ultima wrote:I was freaking out big time when it happened but now I can laugh about it:

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

Is the shot clock for line drop outs 30 secs or 45 secs?
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: September 14, 2019, 11:17 pm
GreenGirl wrote: September 14, 2019, 6:58 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 14, 2019, 6:47 pm
GreenGirl wrote: September 14, 2019, 6:35 pm Tapine needs to never put on the uniform again, between injury and suspensions he’s a liability.
Ouch fire up Green girl haha

I have no patience for stupidity, plus i’m very pregnant so even less patience!
Congratulations GG - hopefully the close finishes don’t cause you an early labour!
We’ve had a chat to the baby. Not allowed to arrive until after Oct 6!
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

PigRickman wrote: September 15, 2019, 10:32 am
Green Blogger wrote: September 15, 2019, 8:43 am So Brett Finch's response last night was that Melbourne lost that game. On reflection this has been a recurring theme all year in the media, teams have always made errors that cost them the game against Canberra. How long do you have to win for before people come to the realisation that maybe it is the performance of Canberra that is forcing those errors? Last night there was absolutely an element of thought in the Melbourne team late in the game that the Raiders were coming to get them as we have done it before and that thought process was proved to be true.
I hope in 3 weeks time Finchy is on camera talking about how the Storm lost that GF to the Raiders.
I hope I am too
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Billy Walker wrote: September 15, 2019, 9:24 am
Azza wrote: September 15, 2019, 8:54 am Not even sure what Finch is doing in the media. Average player, average commentator.
I can’t stand him, but maybe he did us a favour. Some were worried the Hudson Young things would be a distraction, I’m wondering if it helped create an “us against the world” mentality. We came out looking great. I’m happy for Finch, Matua, Mason and others to bag us about whatever for the next 2 weeks if we see the same response from the players!
Agreed it definitely meant the media was all about Young and less about the team which worked excellently for us.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

PigRickman wrote: September 15, 2019, 10:32 am
Exactly. I don’t know what it is with Raiders fans and always wanting recognition from media and other fans. It’s time we drop that mentality. Other people’s opinions are not our business and don’t affect us.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Boy oh boy, what a game for the conspiracy theorists and the cowards alike. Some interesting points to note:

- for a team that apparently can’t compete with the likes of the storm and the roosters, we’ve now beaten the storm twice in a row, at their home

- the difference in the score was a Jarrod Croker goal

- we had a clearly defined gangrenous “howler” go our way in the closing stages of the game to deny the storm any chance of a comeback and possibly the worst error I’ve ever seen a touchie make. Probably unconscious bias because we’re one of the glamour clubs, I s’pose

- Joey Leilua, a bloke many “fans” didn’t want to play had a good game with one eye and produced the match winning play when it counted

- not a single try was caused due to the fact our captain “can’t tackle”

Haha get it up ya, particularly those that mocked the few of us who said before Round 1 that this team would be the real deal. Right up ya.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

The Rickman wrote: September 15, 2019, 12:23 pm Boy oh boy, what a game for the conspiracy theorists and the cowards alike. Some interesting points to note:

- for a team that apparently can’t compete with the likes of the storm and the roosters, we’ve now beaten the storm twice in a row, at their home

- we had a clearly defined gangrenous “howler” go our way in the closing stages of the game to deny the storm any chance of a comeback and possibly the worst error I’ve ever seen a touchie make. Probably unconscious bias because we’re one of the glamour clubs, I s’pose

- Joey Leilua, a bloke many “fans” didn’t want to play had a good game with one eye and produced the match winning play when it counted

Haha get it up ya, particularly those that mocked the few of us who said before Round 1 that this team would be the real deal. Right up ya.
Whilst some people rightly get called out for being "miserable" even after a win and complaining about things rather than just enjoying it, what is similarly tiresome is the "I told you so" crew whose commentary post game is all just about getting up people who dared question certain aspects of our game. Rightly or wrongly, it's not relevant.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

The Rickman wrote: September 15, 2019, 12:23 pm - we had a clearly defined gangrenous “howler” go our way in the closing stages of the game to deny the storm any chance of a comeback and possibly the worst error I’ve ever seen a touchie make. Probably unconscious bias because we’re one of the glamour clubs, I s’pose
Definitely a howler although it doesn't top the Touchie raising his flag at Shark Park last year.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Rickman wrote: - we had a clearly defined gangrenous “howler” go our way in the closing stages of the game to deny the storm any chance of a comeback and possibly the worst error I’ve ever seen a touchie make. Probably unconscious bias because we’re one of the glamour clubs, I s’pose
Yep, you finally found a howler after almost the entirety of the season and gloat like that wins you the argument. Still clearly too dense to understand. Sad.

Worst decision ever by a touchie? Hardly. There’s a bees dick in that.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Just ignore the turnip. He's a muppet of bulgarelli proportions
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

You may also recall this being called in last time we met the Storm:

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Raider47 wrote: September 15, 2019, 12:30 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 15, 2019, 12:23 pm Boy oh boy, what a game for the conspiracy theorists and the cowards alike. Some interesting points to note:

Whilst some people rightly get called out for being "miserable" even after a win and complaining about things rather than just enjoying it, what is similarly tiresome is the "I told you so" crew whose commentary post game is all just about getting up people who dared question certain aspects of our game. Rightly or wrongly, it's not relevant.
It's coming from a guy who mercilessly mocked our coach and repeatedly called for him to be sacked. You know, the only guy to take us two Preliminary finals in the last 20 years. I wouldn't take much note of it.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Boy, there sure are some salty cowards around today kicking stones.

You hate to see it. Oh hang on a minute, no I don’t.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Carrying on like a douche doesn't suite you Nick
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Dr Zaius wrote:Carrying on like a douche doesn't suite you Nick
Yes it does, what are you talking about?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

At the start of the season Nickman decided to go all in on the poso stuff, not because he believed it, but in a more sarcastic fashion. If he had been serious there wouldn’t have been the 7 week deadline for his new schtick ending.

Lo and behold the team delivered, and he claims it like he’s a genius that foretold all this. So he goes again with claims like not losing any more games etc. no one cares when he’s wrong, and he gets to prance about like a knob when he lands one.

Yet he seems to think people can’t see this.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:At the start of the season Nickman decided to go all in on the poso stuff, not because he believed it, but in a more sarcastic fashion. If he had been serious there wouldn’t have been the 7 week deadline for his new schtick ending.

Lo and behold the team delivered, and he claims it like he’s a genius that foretold all this. So he goes again with claims like not losing any more games etc. no one cares when he’s wrong, and he gets to prance about like a knob when he lands one.

Yet he seems to think people can’t see this.
Anybody that knows me knows I wasn’t being sarcastic about it, pal. Don’t be salty because you were wrong
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see this barnyard noise guessing game is tearing us apart?!?

And it’s a baby ox.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Hahaha rickman is copping it - I love it
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

He’s right you know.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Rickman wrote: September 15, 2019, 1:05 pm He’s right you know.
About everything dammit
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote:Hahaha rickman is copping it - I love it
To be fair, I’m only copping it from the cowards who are directly referenced in my post. They know they’re cowards, I’m sure they’re at ease with that.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

Dusty wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:12 pm If you can listen to the Triple
m Sydney call of Batemans try do so

Spine tingling

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Send a link ya'h merkin.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

gangrenous wrote: September 14, 2019, 10:59 pm
Ruben Daley wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:37 pm The second best thing ive watched tonight was bellamys press conferencd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He was absolutely seething, wasn’t he?
Whoever it was who strayed outside his system is going to be solidly reamed on Monday.

If you think it’s you I just wouldn’t show up!
Hahahaha. For sure! I’d pay anything to hear that spray.
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Elcaptcroker wrote: September 14, 2019, 11:09 pm
Ruben Daley wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:37 pm The second best thing ive watched tonight was bellamys press conferencd

He was absolutely seething, wasn’t he?
He couldnt sit still the entire time, could almost see smoke coming out of his ears

I was waiting for one niggly reporter to say something insulting because Bellamy was ready to launch. But I think the journos were worried for their own safety.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

The Rickman wrote:
Dr Zaius wrote:Carrying on like a douche doesn't suite you Nick
Yes it does, what are you talking about?
My mistake. As you were.