Storm 13+
10%

Total votes: 10

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Game Day

Post by gerg »

gangrenous wrote:
The Rickman wrote: - we had a clearly defined gangrenous “howler” go our way in the closing stages of the game to deny the storm any chance of a comeback and possibly the worst error I’ve ever seen a touchie make. Probably unconscious bias because we’re one of the glamour clubs, I s’pose
Yep, you finally found a howler after almost the entirety of the season and gloat like that wins you the argument. Still clearly too dense to understand. Sad.

Worst decision ever by a touchie? Hardly. There’s a bees dick in that.
Yeah not a howler really. On LU there were suggestions that the bunker should be able to overturn a decision like that but the way the bunker has ruled this year there isn't conclusive evidence that the decision could be overturned. Ironically enough Nickman has been supporting this way of thinking all year.

You can't look at that situation and say with 100 % certainty that he didn't touch the line.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Haha you guys aren’t seriously making a case for him touching the line now are you, ARE YOU?

Stop trolling me! I’m a human boy too!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

The Rickman wrote:Haha you guys aren’t seriously making a case for him touching the line now are you, ARE YOU?

Stop trolling me! I’m a human boy too!
Is there actually conclusive proof in that still that he doesn't touch the line - particularly when there is no reverse angle because of Croker's foot?

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

His finger doesn’t hit the line, mate! Anybody with an ounce of common sense knows that! It was abundantly clear on replay and even as it happened I said “has he gone out here? Surely not!”

The more pertinent question here is... why can’t you guys let one single incorrect decision go in the way of the raiders? This is getting beyond a joke now, it’s almost an illness!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I’ve already made it clear that in my view it’s a bad decision in favour of the Raiders.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:I’ve already made it clear that in my view it’s a bad decision in favour of the Raiders.
Have you?? You’re all over the place here, old man!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Please explain how I’m all over the place.

Feel free to keep doubling down on Bull by all means. You don’t seem to have anything else.

Thanks for putting rubbish in the Game Day thread of one of the greatest games in Raiders history by the way. I think I’d best Shadowbox out of here since I’m becoming complicit in perpetuating this trash.
Last edited by gangrenous on September 15, 2019, 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I posted last night that I had a good view and I reckon his fingers flicked across some white painted blades of grass and made them move. The image above where you can’t see his fingers doesn’t confirm or deny this.

The Touchie had the best view of all, not a camera 50 meters away that can distort things by centimetres let alone millimeters.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

gangrenous wrote:Please explain how I’m all over the place.

Feel free to keep doubling down on Bull by all means. You don’t seem to have anything else.

Thanks for putting rubbish in the Game Day thread of one of the greatest games in Raiders history by the way. I think I’d best Shadowbox out of here since I’m becoming complicit in perpetuating this trash.
Boy you’re taking my posts WAY too seriously today. It’s almost disturbing

I can only conclude this whole “howler” thing has hit you pretty hard
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 15, 2019, 2:36 pm
gangrenous wrote:Please explain how I’m all over the place.

Boy you’re taking my posts WAY too seriously today. It’s almost disturbing

I can only conclude this whole “howler” thing has hit you pretty hard
I think you can rest easy big fella, very little risk of anyone taking your posts seriously :roflmao
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

gergreg wrote:
gangrenous wrote:
The Rickman wrote: - we had a clearly defined gangrenous “howler” go our way in the closing stages of the game to deny the storm any chance of a comeback and possibly the worst error I’ve ever seen a touchie make. Probably unconscious bias because we’re one of the glamour clubs, I s’pose
Yep, you finally found a howler after almost the entirety of the season and gloat like that wins you the argument. Still clearly too dense to understand. Sad.

Yeah not a howler really. On LU there were suggestions that the bunker should be able to overturn a decision like that but the way the bunker has ruled this year there isn't conclusive evidence that the decision could be overturned. Ironically enough Nickman has been supporting this way of thinking all year.

You can't look at that situation and say with 100 % certainty that he didn't touch the line.

If you do that you need to do overturn every knock on, every wrong penalty etc

You may as well ref the game from the bunker

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

You all are pathetic. Here we are, our mighty team has just secured a week off and a home prelim, and all you can do is post petty bickering. Good grief, the win's not even been in the books for 24 hours. We can't even just have 24 hours where we appreciate what we've achieved?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Nah it’s not a howler, it’s just a very poor decision in the context of the game.

The number of backwards passes we’ve seen called forward by touch judges this year, are a lot worse calls IMO.
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Just enjoy it people I certainly am,also maybe the footy gods have decided it's our time :D :D :D
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Billy Walker wrote: September 15, 2019, 3:17 pm He looks out on this angle...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EEa8Ug1UYAA ... name=large
:lol:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

zim wrote:

Yeah, watch poor Nickman come in and act like this evidence isn't pretty damning.

BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Went to bed knowing this thread would deliver some gold, post game enjoyment today and it delivered.

"I hope EDIT

People wasting their time during one of the games of the year to bitch about Croker's kicking...

The eye watering amount of BJ Leilua firework puns...
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

gergreg wrote:
zim wrote:

Yeah, watch poor Nickman come in and act like this evidence isn't pretty damning.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

gergreg wrote: September 15, 2019, 1:54 pm
gangrenous wrote:

You cant look at this still and say hes stayed in, a split second later may be more concusive either way.

Seriously it was an epic win, against the odds, in a great year for us.... and still the usual suspects want to shout from the rooftops driving some pathetic agenda.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Jesus Christ stop trying to argue about it. Who cares if he was in or out. Who cares if it was a refereeing howler. It did not have a material impact on the outcone. Things like this happen all the time.
We won. We beat the storm in their home 2nd time this year. It's a great day for the Raiders regardless of what happens next.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

This forum is super reactive lol.

Smith actually out kicked Croker (he kicked 3/4 where Croker kicked 2/4). the difference was actually the extra try we scored.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Pete, and the fact the Raiders kept them to one try. Our defensive efforts in the match were the critical factor imo. They are the second best attacking side in the League as well as the best defensive outfit. Parramatta are rightly on a high, but imo, it will only last one week.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

What a game. And what a post match as well! We were going nuts in the stadium for a good hour! Loved it!

One thing that stood out and really annoyed me though is our terrible penalty kicks for touch. Why is it Melbourne averaged 30-40m each penalty and we averaged something ridiculous like 15m? And it definitely wasn't the angle as it was from spots all over the field. Sezer does NOT have a good boot - surely we have a better option in the team?
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

pacman wrote: September 15, 2019, 8:26 pm What a game. And what a post match as well! We were going nuts in the stadium for a good hour! Loved it!

One thing that stood out and really annoyed me though is our terrible penalty kicks for touch. Why is it Melbourne averaged 30-40m each penalty and we averaged something ridiculous like 15m? And it definitely wasn't the angle as it was from spots all over the field. Sezer does NOT have a good boot - surely we have a better option in the team?
Rapana should be kicking for touch, he's got a massive boot.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

pacman wrote: September 15, 2019, 8:26 pm What a game. And what a post match as well! We were going nuts in the stadium for a good hour! Loved it!

It's been a long standing gripe. In the last 3 years i've seen Williams, Sezer, Austin and Wighton all kick for touch and none of them take big chucks. Sezer does have a bigger boot than these kicks show, and certainly Wighton and Austin did. The only logical conclusion for me to take is that it's just not a priority for the club or players, they'd rather take 10-15 less every time and never risk shanking it and giving back possession.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Apologies if answered earlier but was Sutton out injured or dropped?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders half Aidan Sezer won't just let jersey be stolen from him, by George

Aidan Sezer is not going to surrender his No.7 jersey without a fight and he's stating his case in the best possible terms by guiding Canberra to one win from the grand final.

"There will always be hype. We've been speaking about this, that there will always be expectation at this level and at this time of the year," Sezer said.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/15/sez ... by-george/

Roaming Elliott in Melbourne: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... rne-storm/

Gallery: Raiders triumph over Storm in Melbourne: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... melbourne/

Gallery: Raiders prepare for Melbourne: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

Gallery: Canberra Raiders Centre of Excellence: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

Gallery: Finals captain's call: https://www.gettyimages.com.au/photos/c ... st#license

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Time to vote for your favourite Canberra Raiders, #GreenNation! #NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr

NRL Team of the Week: Finals Week 1 https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/15/cho ... ls-week-1/ via @NRL
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Sezer, 3 good games doesn’t make up for 3 seasons of mediocre mate.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Lui_Bon wrote: September 14, 2019, 11:27 pm Wow. Hopefully a bit composed by now:
1. The Storm are not as fearsome as they used to be, whether it be the lack of a halfback, or something else. I'd like to claim that it's when my family are there, we beat them. Go Kid! However I can't help thinking that the Fox adulation of the Couch to start the second half disguised the fact that he actually broke no lines and made no ground. Nelson is sadly overrated and I actually feel a bit sorry for the big softy.
2. I said to my wife with 11 minutes to go not to worry, we have got this and Bateman will score the winning try., Just sayin'.
3. I said to youse all long before the Rickheads did that we were winning this year. Prove me wrong.
4. Why did Sia not figure in the second half?
5. Sezer was pretty good.
6. That pass to Bailey from Wighton (in general) - does it ever look like working? I mean, sureley you have to give the winger some room to move - and Bailey has been getting bundlerled over the sideline for weeks now.
7. Can we please give up on the idea that Braith is an "expert"? I can ask better questions than him. And I do, every time the tool opens his mouth. I wish I was on tv...
8. How long before Papa is NOT "arguably, one of the best front rowers in the game" and just either "one of the best front rowers in the game" or "arguably the best front rower in the game". I mean, who is actually better? - and I'll then argue.
9. Joey did really well not to have any stupid offloads or brain snaps tonight.
10. Joe Tapine might be lucky if he gets away with his tackle tonight. It really did look a bit Kingsleys to me. Which is sad because he seemed to be working his way back into th grist, but then again maybe we wouldn't miss him. I dunno.
11. Raps has nothing to worry about.
12. How good are the Raiders?
Good summary L_B...although I'm not sure I overrate Nelson AS. That dude is a beast.

I thought Sezer was excellent in that game. Certainly his best "big game" performance for the Raiders. Fingers crossed that form continues.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

Arguably, the best outcome of this game for me is listening to Craig Bellamy fuming about his players being bustled out of "the system".

Now, I know that "the system" is essentially another term for game plan - but if that term doesn't embody the absolutely robotic nature of the Melbourne Storm then nothing will.

They are a **** boring, tedious team to watch. Even at their peak...with the likes of Slater, Inglis and Folau in the team...their entire game plan centred around the wrestle and slowing down the ruck.

I **** hate their cap cheating, injury-causing, boring as bat**** style with a passion. The fact they were only able to score 1 try off a kick against us makes me so happy for our boys. It would be tragic for that team to turn another grand final into a yawn fest.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Bellamy complaining about the stop start nature of last nights game. Hello.... how about cutting out some of the ridiculous working over in the ruck.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

BJ wrote: September 15, 2019, 10:40 pm Bellamy complaining about the stop start nature of last nights game. Hello.... how about cutting out some of the ridiculous working over in the ruck.
Another Bellamy classic. He loses his **** when the refs blow penalties against them...except when it was pne of their tactics to give away 4 in a row on their goal line, to give up a penalty goal rather than risk having a try scored against them.

In the last 10 or so seasons, the Storm (Bellamy and Smith) have done more to turn Rugby League into a yawn-fest than any other team. It is fantastic to see the tide beginning to turn now.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga

Post by Seiffert82 »

What I loved about this game is that everyone played their role. No single player had the "game of their life" for us to win. They just did their jobs.

Most of all, I enjoyed the fact Hodgson trusted his halves to do their jobs, and he just focused on his. As a result, Sezer, Wighton and Hodgson all had good games and contributed to the win. It was one of the most balanced Raiders performances I have seen in years.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I just watched the replay and I had a bit of a tear in the eye when the Raiders won. It was an amazing day. Right from walking in the Richmond Club Hotel to leaving the Stadium!