Post by Elcaptcroker »

The second best thing ive watched tonight was bellamys press conferencd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Re: 2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Game Day

Post by Begbie »

Didn't have any ball once for the the first 10 minutes of the second half. Amazing to stick in from there, it felt like the tables had turned.
89_90_94_??
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Josh.p

Post by 89_90_94_?? »

From a raiders fan that was to young to remember the 1994 GF..... What a night, what a team, what a year, 2 more games boys.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Since when is the away team allowed to play their team song at the home teams venue? I also recall the 2016 game in canberra when the sharks won and they played up up cronulla.... its wrong i tells ya, wrong!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Dimes wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:27 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 14, 2019, 5:51 pm Hudson Young in the sheds helping look for fragments in BJs eye...
:lol:
Credit where it's due.
That's a **** banger :lol: :lol: :lol:
mike83au
Steve Walters

Post by mike83au »

Courtesy Triple M

Dan Ginane's call of Bateman's try.

https://twitter.com/TripleM_NRL/status/ ... 14432?s=20
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

mike83au wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:47 pm Courtesy Triple M

MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKEY!!!
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Matty Johns will be good viewing today. Brett Finch clearly hates us so it'll be goos to see him squirm while giving us zero credit.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Begbie wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:38 pm Didn't have any ball once for the the first 10 minutes of the second half. Amazing to stick in from there, it felt like the tables had turned.
Agree Begbie. To keep the Storm down to a single try in the match was testimony to the Raiders defense. That D won us the match imo. The Storm tried some trick shots too such as the kicks for Papenhuyzen to challenge CNK in the air under the high ball. But the Raiders just kept turning up defensively.

I thought the Storm introduced another form of dog shot during the match as well. When HorsPOWER had the ball he was being held and Kenny Bromwich came in to attack the ribs from behind. Then Kaufusi did the same thing to Hodgo. Once might be unfortunate, twice looks more like a plan.

How good was HorsPOWER again tonight? A player in his first season of first grade and playing well in finals football. Whoever talent spotted him, take a bow.
Last edited by RedRaider on September 14, 2019, 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Peter wrote: September 14, 2019, 5:28 pm Raiders 14-12. Come on boys!!
unlucky.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 14, 2019, 7:00 pm Klein and Smith are cheats. I hope they die a violent death
On the other hand, I hope that touchy has a long and prosperous life.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Begbie wrote: September 14, 2019, 10:05 pm On the other hand, I hope that touchy has a long and prosperous life.
Long may he reign
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Game Day

Post by BJ »

I had a good view of Vinivalu at the end and I like the Touchie and Wighton saw blades of white grass move against his finger. TV doesn’t always capture the 3D world in which the game is played.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

PigRickman wrote:
Begbie wrote: September 14, 2019, 10:05 pm On the other hand, I hope that touchy has a long and prosperous life.
Long may he reign
Canberran of the year

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

**** yeah!!!!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

T_R wrote:
PigRickman wrote:
Long may he reign
Canberran of the year

Sent from my SM-G975F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Surely that's Rob deCastella?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Begbie wrote: September 14, 2019, 10:05 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 14, 2019, 7:00 pm Klein and Smith are cheats. I hope they die a violent death
On the other hand, I hope that touchy has a long and prosperous life.
Free tour of the bike tracks
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

****ing epic. And Ricky is not happy until we win it by the sounds of it

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

raider dos
Terry Campese

Post by raider dos »

On the train home and still can't believe **** just happened tonight. Unbelievable. Kicked in at the RCH for a bit too, good on everyone for turning up and enjoying that!
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Gee Melbourne have really shot themselves in the foot with their lack of a halfback!

I don’t know if they wanted to force Papenhuyezen (good spelling) in or genuinely don’t think Brodie Croft is good enough?

Our defence have been outstanding, even under pressure we are making less errors than previous years.

Speaking of previous years, I remember times during the Matt Elliot era where I would genuinely fear each attacking set, that we’d turn the ball over with a dreadful error.

Christ we’ve come a long way and it’s a great time to be a fan of the Green Machine!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders beat Melbourne Storm - but it's a touchy subject

Ricky Stuart expects the Canberra bubble to go crazy. Bubble away. Build the hype to towards an historic preliminary final in the capital.

"I'm not trying to keep a lid on things. I'm not down playing that win," Stuart said. "But we won't get involved in the Canberra bubble, because there'll be a lot of excitement and a lot of hype.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 12 (Bailey Simonsson, John Bateman tries; Jarrod Croker 2 goals) bt MELBOURNE STORM 10 (Suliasi Vunivalu try; Cameron Smith 3 goals) at Melbourne. Referees: Ashley Klein, Chris Sutton. Crowd: 20,136.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Here's rocks in your eye Joey as Footy Gods smile on Ricky Stuart

No wonder the Canberra Raiders were given the early game. This had all the hallmarks of a soap opera. Where else would one of the star players get blinded by the pre-game pyrotechnics. Sorry, that should be pre-game spark simulations.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Joe Tapine's nervous wait on chicken wing tackle

Canberra Raiders lock Joe Tapine was put on report for a chicken-wing tackle on Melbourne Storm utility Brandon Smith, while Jordan Rapana was also put on report for a lifting tackle on Cameron Munster.

"You're always going to be worried because you never know what the judiciary are going to do," Tapine said. "But I had no intention or malice in it. I was just in an awkward position.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14280

NRL Match Report: Bateman scores winner in Melbourne: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... melbourne/

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/14/big ... tun-storm/

Team song: Raiders v Storm: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... s-v-storm/

Fireworks mishap: 'I thought I wasn’t going to be able to play': https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/14/lei ... complaint/

VIDEO: Stuart: It's nice to have some talent: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/14/stu ... me-talent/

Proud Stuart keen to hose down the hype: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/14/pro ... -the-hype/

Bellamy laments Storm's inability to put Raiders away: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/14/bel ... ders-away/
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

mike83au wrote:Courtesy Triple M

That was GOOD!

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

mike83au wrote:Courtesy Triple M

Geez I just recognized the OP! Mike!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

WOOOOOOOOOOO
We are 2nd favs to win the comp at $4.25.... cant remember when we were that low!
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Watched the replay and thought that Sezer had his best game of the year. Tonight, almost the complete game. Keep it up boys!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Elcaptcroker wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:37 pm The second best thing ive watched tonight was bellamys press conferencd

He was absolutely seething, wasn’t he?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Green Taipan wrote:Watched the replay and thought that Sezer had his best game of the year. Tonight, almost the complete game. Keep it up boys!
Best game of his career, he was very very good

Our sweep plays were very crisp

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

I thought Sezer kept us in the game when we were struggling with some composed play. He also ran the ball well whenever Storm rushed up out wide.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Ruben Daley wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: September 14, 2019, 9:37 pm The second best thing ive watched tonight was bellamys press conferencd

Whoever it was who strayed outside his system is going to be solidly reamed on Monday.

If you think it’s you I just wouldn’t show up!
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

gangrenous wrote: September 14, 2019, 10:59 pm
Ruben Daley wrote:

Whoever it was who strayed outside his system is going to be solidly reamed on Monday.

If you think it’s you I just wouldn’t show up!
He's saying no wholesale changes but i dont think he's happy with his halves. I bet we see Croft back in there
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Ruben Daley wrote:

He couldnt sit still the entire time, could almost see smoke coming out of his ears

radicalraider
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by radicalraider »

Just bought gf tickets hopefully i dont have to sell em again like 2016
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenGirl wrote: September 14, 2019, 6:58 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 14, 2019, 6:47 pm
GreenGirl wrote: September 14, 2019, 6:35 pm Tapine needs to never put on the uniform again, between injury and suspensions he’s a liability.
Ouch fire up Green girl haha
I have no patience for stupidity, plus i’m very pregnant so even less patience!
Congratulations GG - hopefully the close finishes don’t cause you an early labour!
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

Wow. Hopefully a bit composed by now:
1. The Storm are not as fearsome as they used to be, whether it be the lack of a halfback, or something else. I'd like to claim that it's when my family are there, we beat them. Go Kid! However I can't help thinking that the Fox adulation of the Couch to start the second half disguised the fact that he actually broke no lines and made no ground. Nelson is sadly overrated and I actually feel a bit sorry for the big softy.
2. I said to my wife with 11 minutes to go not to worry, we have got this and Bateman will score the winning try., Just sayin'.
3. I said to youse all long before the Rickheads did that we were winning this year. Prove me wrong.
4. Why did Sia not figure in the second half?
5. Sezer was pretty good.
6. That pass to Bailey from Wighton (in general) - does it ever look like working? I mean, sureley you have to give the winger some room to move - and Bailey has been getting bundlerled over the sideline for weeks now.
7. Can we please give up on the idea that Braith is an "expert"? I can ask better questions than him. And I do, every time the tool opens his mouth. I wish I was on tv...
8. How long before Papa is NOT "arguably, one of the best front rowers in the game" and just either "one of the best front rowers in the game" or "arguably the best front rower in the game". I mean, who is actually better? - and I'll then argue.
9. Joey did really well not to have any stupid offloads or brain snaps tonight.
10. Joe Tapine might be lucky if he gets away with his tackle tonight. It really did look a bit Kingsleys to me. Which is sad because he seemed to be working his way back into th grist, but then again maybe we wouldn't miss him. I dunno.
11. Raps has nothing to worry about.
12. How good are the Raiders?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Any word on Cotric? He looked like he had been hit with an axe. He’ll need the week off the get his head back in one piece. I actually thought he was looking good while he was on there.