25%
Storm 13+
25%

Total votes: 20

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

By the way... that Steve Jackson story on Players Voice is really worth a read!
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Agreed Fergus! That was good!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Joseph 'the worm' Tapine

Post by 1992 »

greeneyed wrote: September 12, 2019, 6:33 pm Canberra Raiders five-eighth Jack Wighton hopes finals end in Kangaroos jersey

Jack Wighton jokes he's starting to get a complex. If he gets sin-binned a third time in Melbourne he'll be convinced there's a vendetta against him.

"Every time I go there they send me for a 10-minute rest. If they do it this time they've got a vendetta against me," he laughed. "Hopefully this time I'm going down there slate clean and they don't send me for 10.
Don' worry, bro...you still get paid.
WHAT A LONG STRANGE TRIP IT'S BEEN
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

greeneyed wrote:By the way... that Steve Jackson story on Players Voice is really worth a read!
Yep enjoyed it immensely.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

1992 wrote: September 12, 2019, 7:25 pm
greeneyed wrote: September 12, 2019, 6:33 pm Canberra Raiders five-eighth Jack Wighton hopes finals end in Kangaroos jersey

Jack Wighton jokes he's starting to get a complex. If he gets sin-binned a third time in Melbourne he'll be convinced there's a vendetta against him.

"Every time I go there they send me for a 10-minute rest. If they do it this time they've got a vendetta against me," he laughed. "Hopefully this time I'm going down there slate clean and they don't send me for 10.
Don' worry, bro...you still get paid.
Imagine if every dumb thing you said in your early 20s was on public record...
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

This year we finished the season in fourth spot. We scored 88 tries and conceded 64. Last year we scored 93 tries and conceded 86. The Raiders are almost a try per match better defensively this year compared to last year. That's impressive. It's why we are competitive. I hope the focus has been on going to another level in defence. Driving Storm players backwards in tackles, not just 2 dancing with them and one to the legs to stop momentum after they have made 10 meters on the run.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

RedRaider wrote: September 12, 2019, 8:06 pm This year we finished the season in fourth spot. We scored 88 tries and conceded 64. Last year we scored 93 tries and conceded 86. The Raiders are almost a try per match better defensively this year compared to last year. That's impressive. It's why we are competitive. I hope the focus has been on going to another level in defence. Driving Storm players backwards in tackles, not just 2 dancing with them and one to the legs to stop momentum after they have made 10 meters on the run.
The thing that worries me is that the defence is probably good enough. But according to this graphical representation... maybe the attack isn't: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 06872a277f
finch
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Sam Backo

Post by finch »

greeneyed wrote: September 12, 2019, 8:11 pm
RedRaider wrote: September 12, 2019, 8:06 pm This year we finished the season in fourth spot. We scored 88 tries and conceded 64. Last year we scored 93 tries and conceded 86. The Raiders are almost a try per match better defensively this year compared to last year. That's impressive. It's why we are competitive. I hope the focus has been on going to another level in defence. Driving Storm players backwards in tackles, not just 2 dancing with them and one to the legs to stop momentum after they have made 10 meters on the run.
The thing that worries me is that the defence is probably good enough. But according to this graphical representation... maybe the attack isn't: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 06872a277f
Don't worry, we've just been warming up for the finals.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

That article is deeply disturbing Steven

Strom by 53
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Azza wrote: September 12, 2019, 9:24 pm That article is deeply disturbing Steven

Strom by 53
Agree - the stats say it all. Storm by 53 and Raiders to fold within the next 72 hours.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I honestly don't even know why we're showing up.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Rickman wrote: September 12, 2019, 9:39 pm I honestly don't even know why we're showing up.
We need campeasy
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

The Rickman wrote: September 12, 2019, 9:39 pm I honestly don't even know why we're showing up.
Try and hold the margin to 52?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Push and shove: Canberra Raiders forward Joe Tapine won't shirk monster Storm challenge

Joe Tapine will ignore any lingering pain from three cracked ribs to stand toe-to-toe with all 200 centimetres and 115 kilos of the biggest human in the NRL, having been sin-binned for just that three weeks ago.

“He didn’t say anything much to get me, but I didn’t choose him, he chose me!” Tapine laughed when asked why he took on the biggest opponent possible in the game.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/12/pus ... challenge/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: September 12, 2019, 10:04 pm
A number of people seem to be missing the point of the article... but that's OK... I understand it!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

We conceded 18 to the Storm and beat them. I don't really go by historical stats against all teams because it's how the Raiders turn up to play on the day that matters.
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

greeneyed wrote: September 12, 2019, 10:26 pm
A number of people seem to be missing the point of the article... but that's OK... I understand it!
GE, I understand the point of the article. What is it saying is that if Croker could kick from the left we would be in the premiership box.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley

kona_dream wrote: September 13, 2019, 8:19 am
greeneyed wrote: September 12, 2019, 10:26 pm
GE, I understand the point of the article. What is it saying is that if Croker could kick from the left we would be in the premiership box.
:roflmao
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

I have a feeling we may be in for a finals series that is full of grind. We could be perfectly primed for the occasion.

We need to nullify NAS and Bromwich. If we can contain these two we go a long way to stunting Melbourne's forward momentum.

In attack, we must pressure their edges - Munster is carrying an injury and Hughes is only new to defending in the front line.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

Any word out of the team regarding Horsburgh? Hoping he is right to go.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

He's in the rehab group last I heard. Hasn't been ruled out at this stage.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Young missed 6 tackles last week - that won't be missed this week (Source: Big League Magazine). Sezer and Jack missed 5 each. I still want to see our defenders driving them backwards from their first set. That will be an indication that we are really up for the match.
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

RedRaider wrote: September 13, 2019, 1:30 pm Young missed 6 tackles last week - that won't be missed this week (Source: Big League Magazine). Sezer and Jack missed 5 each. I still want to see our defenders driving them backwards from their first set. That will be an indication that we are really up for the match.
Couldn't agree more. First set in defence, get under their ribs and expend the energy. Set the tone.

Young is good with the ball but still learning to defend at first grade level. Bateman does a lot of clean up work that goes unnoticed.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Papa is preaching for Green Machine

Johnathan Thurston has called on Canberra Raiders big bopper Josh Papalii to take down the leaders of the Melbourne Storm pack.

"He's certainly one of the underrated ones. He doesn't get the raps like some of the other frontrowers are, but that wouldn't faze Papas," he said. "He knows how valuable he is to the team.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Jack Wighton warns Canberra Raiders: We've achieved nothing yet

The Canberra Raiders' remarkable resurgence from 10th last year to fourth in 2019 has catapulted Ricky Stuart's men into a qualifying final against Melbourne and provided them the luxury of a double chance.

"It's the way you’ve got to think and it's dead-set true," Wighton said. "Everything that's happened so far means nothing."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/13/wig ... thing-yet/

GALLERY: Canberra Raiders' captain's run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... melbourne/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders ready to weather Storm: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/12/rai ... s-tactics/

VIDEO: Why Hodgson's battle with Smith is key for Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/13/why ... r-raiders/

VIDEO: Why will your team win the 2019 premiership: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/13/why ... emiership/

Why bounce back factor points to Storm victory: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/13/why ... victories/

Munster fit, ready for Raiders challenge: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/13/mun ... challenge/

Finally, it’s official. Melbourne Storm are the NRL’s most-hated team: It’s something many have suspected for a long time. Whether it’s boats, the wrestle or down right “rubbish on the face”. The Melbourne Storm are the most hated team in the NRL: https://www.foxsports.com.au/news/final ... 1115b717da

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Canberra Raiders Jarrod Croker, John Bateman and Josh Papalii make NRL.com Fans' Team of the Year https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/13/nrl ... -the-year/ via @NRL

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You’re not welcome in our sheds: Melbourne filthy at Raiders over wrestling storm

The Melbourne Storm are privately fuming at the Canberra Raiders and believe the Green Machine may have played a hand in a concerted campaign aimed at highlighting the minor premiers’ defensive techniques leading into their Round 22 clash a month ago.

Read more: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... b93130839f
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

It's obviously a thinly veiled way of saying Sticky's not welcome to come and have a beer with Bellamy after the game.

How **** petty.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Really? I just thought it was James Hooper doing his usual schtik of making up rubbish. "I'll report on the controversy and create a storm, then I'll report on the hysteria I've created."
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

zim wrote: September 13, 2019, 4:01 pm Really? I just thought it was James Hooper doing his usual schtik of making up rubbish. "I'll report on the controversy and create a storm, then I'll report on the hysteria I've created."
Exactly.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart's vision for Canberra Raiders' future begins

The Green Machine are back, but Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart is adamant it can't be a one-off return to finals. He's determined to build a period of sustained success at the club he played in three premierships for.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

All this anti Storm verbal barrage is surely working in our favour.

They'd be absolutely filthy with all negative press.

And it could put them off their game a little..I'm hoping :roll:
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 13, 2019, 3:58 pm It's obviously a thinly veiled way of saying Sticky's not welcome to come and have a beer with Bellamy after the game.

How **** petty.
Sounds like a Storm in a beer cup to me....
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders' NRL finals charge buoyed by drummer

He was born in Lebanon, but Simon Tayoun has bled lime green since his brother-in-law took him to his first NRL game way back in 1987. Mr Tayoun revealed a conversation with Canberra's coach after the Raiders' final game in 2018 was proving prophetic as the Green Machine returned to the finals.

"Next year I promise you I'm going to take the team to the semi-finals'. And look, he did it."

zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: September 13, 2019, 3:53 pmGALLERY: Canberra Raiders' captain's run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... melbourne/
Horsburgh not wearing a bib, not wearing strapping and hitting it up. Tapine also no bib.
Good news.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Boy, I'm nervous about this game. More nervous than any other game this year.

Melbourne will be fired up big time. Our boys need to be at their absolute best.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

On the Matty Johns show Bryan Fletcher just tipped us...and Gordan Tallis just said he thinks we are going to go all the way and win the comp :o

Maybe I spoke too soon about us slipping back under the radar.
Up The Milk