Storm 13+
25%

Total votes: 20

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: 2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

Haha why are you guys up in arms about this?? He's outside their 30! It's not like he's going to come in and win the Clive Churchill.

**** me, Daryl. You guys just never stop.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

cat wrote: September 10, 2019, 5:56 pm
greeneyed wrote:I’m just pointing out the facts. cat is correct... he was contracted to Blacktown, the Sea Eagles NSW Cup affiliate, he hasn't been playing for Manly, he didn't have an NRL contract.
Thanks GE, out of interest do you think he should be allowed to play?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I haven’t looked really to see whether they’ve run out of forwards. If they have I don’t mind. I do the remember the Raiders were denied the opportunity to do the same thing when we had to play Glen Buttriss at half in a finals game at Cronulla, probably back in 2008. They seem more accommodating these days.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

cat wrote:
-TW- wrote:
greeneyed wrote:
-TW- wrote: September 10, 2019, 5:02 pm
cat wrote:Yes but if your not you can have a sook to the nrl and just sign another player like manly has!

He's been playing for them the whole time, he just wasn't in the top 30.

But what's facts hey..

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
The facts are you aren't supposed to play players from outside the top 30. That's why they had to get special dispensation from the NRL.
Like we did with Tom Starling?

Oh.. I see

Who is contracted to our club and was a development player, manly should use their development players

Jade Anderson - Winger
Sean Keppie - Starting 10
Luke Metcalf - halfback
Haumole Olakau'atu - Bench

So their two available development players aren't like for like replacements for their 17 forwards injuries..

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote: September 10, 2019, 6:01 pm
cat wrote: September 10, 2019, 5:56 pm
greeneyed wrote:I’m just pointing out the facts. cat is correct... he was contracted to Blacktown, the Sea Eagles NSW Cup affiliate, he hasn't been playing for Manly, he didn't have an NRL contract.
Thanks GE, out of interest do you think he should be allowed to play?

I haven’t looked really to see whether they’ve run out of forwards. If they have I don’t mind. I do the remember the Raiders were denied the opportunity to do the same thing when we had to play Glen Buttriss at half in a finals game at Cronulla, probably back in 2008. They seem more accommodating these days.
You see, that's the real crime here... having to play Glen Buttriss.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: September 10, 2019, 5:59 pm Haha why are you guys up in arms about this?? He's outside their 30! It's not like he's going to come in and win the Clive Churchill.

**** me, Daryl. You guys just never stop.
Do you EVER stop complaining about the posts other posters make? It’s really irritating. Some might say punishing. Have you become Captain Punish?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

How is Tony Williams getting anyone up in arms here in 2019? If Manly were playing the Raiders in a do or die clash, i would quit my job, and spend every waking moment between now and game time going from church to mosque to synagogue to basements with teenagers chanting the devils curse... and pray to them all, and every god in between as celestial insurance, begging that he plays major minutes for them.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Who says anyone is “up in arms”? Perhaps someone raised an eyebrow... I don’t know... you’ll have to ask them. Factually incorrect statements were made which were corrected... and that’s about it.

The only people who seem to be up in arms are those trying to shout down other posters.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Melbourne Storm captain Cameron Smith denies squeezing temples of Canberra Raiders young gun

Storm captain Cameron Smith has slammed claims he tried to squeeze the temples of Canberra young gun Bailey Simonsson in a controversial “wingnut” tackle last month.

“It's quite clear from the vision that I have got a hold of his jersey,” Smith said. “I was disappointed with the coverage but again that's out of my control, but for whatever reason it was portrayed that way.

Read more: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/smith- ... 52pm6.html

Haven’t you got a final to play Cam? Smith STILL whingeing about his treatment in the press: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 6f3195a805

Storm powered by Craig Bellamy spray, Nelson Asofa-Solomona in Raiders final: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/storm-raid ... c7635f487e
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Grub.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: September 10, 2019, 6:16 pm Who says anyone is “up in arms”? Perhaps someone raised an eyebrow... I don’t know... you’ll have to ask them. Factually incorrect statements were made which were corrected... and that’s about it.

The only people who seem to be up in arms are those trying to shout down other posters.
They are responding to cat, who seems pretty annoyed by it... you seem a little on edge too, raised eye brows and all!
Which for reasons outlined in my post, is weird.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:Who says anyone is “up in arms”? Perhaps someone raised an eyebrow... I don’t know... you’ll have to ask them. Factually incorrect statements were made which were corrected... and that’s about it.

Didn't know the GH was now a group think society

Apologies, won't question anyone whinging about the NRL anymore.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2019 Finals Week 1 V Storm: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by The Nickman »

-TW- wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Who says anyone is “up in arms”? Perhaps someone raised an eyebrow... I don’t know... you’ll have to ask them. Factually incorrect statements were made which were corrected... and that’s about it.

Didn't know the GH was now a group think society

Apologies, won't question anyone whinging about the NRL anymore.

It’s perfectly fine to complain about the NRL, the referees, the judiciary, the MRC, the video ref, the ball boys, the other teams and their coaches, tactics and selection policies ad nauseum, to the point of complaining about these things before they even happen, absolutely acceptable to pollute every single thread with this nonsense, but if you point out how silly and tedious it is, you’re being a punish
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Azza wrote: September 10, 2019, 6:23 pmGrub.
The Original Grub.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Once again some of our fans are underestimating our opposition. That's a damn good Storm side on paper.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

EJ wrote: September 10, 2019, 6:47 pm Once again some of our fans are underestimating our opposition. That's a damn good Storm side on paper.

I dont know that anyone is underestimate the team that has dominated the past decade of the compeititon, has the best coach in the world, and the best player to ever lace a boot and talent littered up and down the roster and won the minor premiership in an absolute canter.

Having confidence in our boys and knowing what they are capable of isnt disrespecting or underestimating the storm.
We're going to need to be at our very best to beat them.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

All I’ve done in this thread recently is point out the factual errors made by some posters. I’ve been perfectly reasonable, relaxed even. I can’t help it if you blokes constantly work yourself into a lather because someone has the temerity to vaguely question a decision of the NRL. And it’s not as if the NRL constantly covers itself in glory with consistent, outstanding decision making, is it?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:All I’ve done in this thread recently is point out the factual errors made by some posters. I’ve been perfectly reasonable, relaxed even. I can’t help it if you blokes constantly work yourself into a lather because someone has the temerity to vaguely question a decision of the NRL. And it’s not as if the NRL constantly covers itself in glory with consistent, outstanding decision making, is it?
Jesus, stop yelling at us! Calm down, let someone else get a word in
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

EJ wrote: September 10, 2019, 6:47 pm Once again some of our fans are underestimating our opposition. That's a damn good Storm side on paper.

It is a damn good side, but not as good as the Roosters side on paper. Not close imo. So if I had to choose to play one of those sides twice, I would choose the Storm every time. And the bookies agree with me - though weight of money can't end such a debate.
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

The Rickman wrote: September 10, 2019, 6:53 pm
greeneyed wrote:All I’ve done in this thread recently is point out the factual errors made by some posters. I’ve been perfectly reasonable, relaxed even. I can’t help it if you blokes constantly work yourself into a lather because someone has the temerity to vaguely question a decision of the NRL. And it’s not as if the NRL constantly covers itself in glory with consistent, outstanding decision making, is it?
Someone ban this goose, I can’t handle him anymore!
Boomercm
Brett Mullins

Post by Boomercm »

I am seriously worried about Vunivalu vs. Cotric. Vuni invariably gives him a bath. Cotric seems to have a distaste for the Fijian's love of contact (to be fair, he is quite brutal for a winger). I'd favour Simmo on that aspect. However, as others have rightly pointed out Croker/Cotric work better as a defensive unit than Croker/Simmo.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Raider47 wrote:
Someone ban this goose, I can’t handle him anymore!
Goose? Well I never!

I’ve always considered myself more of a duck-like character.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

You seem to be irritated. I’m perfectly relaxed.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

greeneyed wrote:
Oh, I’m not irritated, just carrying on like a bit of a goose.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

greeneyed wrote:
.Image

tragic
Brett Mullins

Post by tragic »

Haven't read all threads, or all of this one.
But Hughes a late season injection over Croft in the halves has me very very surprised.

Indifferent. But surprised.

Sent from my SM-A205YN using Tapatalk

Raiders member no# 2278.
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

The Rickman wrote: September 10, 2019, 7:18 pm
greeneyed wrote:
Oh, I’m not irritated, just carrying on like a bit of a goose.
let's focus on the real worry - 27 penalties Klein. That's right he blew 27 penalties in the Raiders v Manly match. One every three minutes - let that sink in. Let's hope he lets the game flow or it will be a horrible spectacle.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

@TheGHRaiders on Twitter

Hear from NRL CEO Todd Greenberg as he visits the construction site of the Canberra Raiders new centre of excellence in Braddon. WIN News Canberra reports: http://ow.ly/NRkK50w3TqT

#NRL #WeAreRaiders #wearecbr
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Boomercm wrote: September 10, 2019, 7:02 pm I am seriously worried about Vunivalu vs. Cotric. Vuni invariably gives him a bath. Cotric seems to have a distaste for the Fijian's love of contact (to be fair, he is quite brutal for a winger). I'd favour Simmo on that aspect. However, as others have rightly pointed out Croker/Cotric work better as a defensive unit than Croker/Simmo.
Yeah Cotric has never come across; bigger, faster, stronger all together before and it seems to throw him. The only answer is among; smarter, harder, better (more skilful). Big test for him. Good gauge as to whether he's using this difficult season to learn or really getting into a slump. Not a player in the team I want to see turn it around more.
Rads1984
Brett Mullins

Post by Rads1984 »

I think Havili is seriously underrated and should be on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Rads1984 wrote: September 10, 2019, 7:52 pm I think Havili is seriously underrated and should be on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He's a good player. His impact/value off the bench is definitely arguable in general, but since Sutton and Lui have been regular starters Ricky seems to have gone that way, with Simo HIA cover. Which is legit in modern circumstances with the compulsory 15.

It's Havili vs Simo and I guess whether offloads and middle yards vs back cover mean more. I'm not sold on Simo as a game breaker as he's managed to get himself in open space exactly once in my memory this year. Croker, Wighton, Cotric, Lee, Robinson etc all did that multiple times in their first year of FG.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I still think you can carry both simo and Havili on the bench, however I think Jules is about the only one around these parts who agrees with me.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins

Post by Boomercm »

I suspect this week Tapine will play short minutes in Havili's running role. Big red or Sutton will start.

I think you could play Havili and simo on the bench if Tarps was match fit and could play big minutes in the middle. Then you could leave out Sutton (though I don't think Stuart would do that).
Raider47
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Matt Timoko

Post by Raider47 »

The Rickman wrote: September 10, 2019, 8:05 pm I still think you can carry both simo and Havili on the bench, however I think Jules is about the only one around these parts who agrees with me.
I agree goosey one.

I also think Havili is seriously underrated. He offers some good go forward, but perhaps my only issue with Saliva and Simo on the bench is that the former may only offer short minutes of strong impact. As opposed to Sutton, Horsburgh, Tapine and Lui who can last longer minutes.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

The thing the storm won’t do is beat themselves and it’s how we’ve lost most of our games this year. Regardless of individual match ups across the park they will always control the ball well and not make too many errors. We need to be up there defensively and in completions tone in this game.

I’m also pretty sure that someone who won’t play for manly won’t have much impact on the outcome of this one but some quality banter there. With that carry on the occasional segment seems fairly harmless in comparison!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

pickles wrote:The thing the storm won’t do is beat themselves and it’s how we’ve lost most of our games this year. Regardless of individual match ups across the park they will always control the ball well and not make too many errors. We need to be up there defensively and in completions tone in this game.

I’m also pretty sure that someone who won’t play for manly won’t have much impact on the outcome of this one but some quality banter there. With that carry on the occasional segment seems fairly harmless in comparison!
Are you thinking what I’m thinking, pick?

A finals edition of Pickman’s Nickman?