All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Re: Croker's kicking

Post by The Nickman »

-PJ- wrote: September 16, 2019, 7:08 am
Billy Walker wrote: September 15, 2019, 10:54 pm Apparently Rheese Martin was going 97% for a while this year which is supposed to be best ever territory, surprisingly the next best historically is Ryan Girdler who went around 93% for a season. That’s all based on a lazy half assed google and may be proven untrue by a better googler. Impressive numbers!
Comparing Reece Martins % to Nathan Clearys is like..

Comparing Adam Voges batting avg to Steve Smiths.

Sure..its impressive but it's not sustained consistently..more a short time flurry !!
To be fair though Peej, Billy Walker would ABSOLUTELY walk into the Cricket thread and argue a case for Voges over Smith until he's red in the face.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Rhys Martin kicking at 72% this year.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Northern Raider wrote: September 16, 2019, 7:33 am Rhys Martin kicking at 72% this year.
I wish we had him instead of Croker.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

-PJ- wrote: September 16, 2019, 7:08 am
Billy Walker wrote: September 15, 2019, 10:54 pm Apparently Rheese Martin was going 97% for a while this year which is supposed to be best ever territory, surprisingly the next best historically is Ryan Girdler who went around 93% for a season. That’s all based on a lazy half assed google and may be proven untrue by a better googler. Impressive numbers!
Comparing Reece Martins % to Nathan Clearys is like..

Comparing Adam Voges batting avg to Steve Smiths.

Sure..its impressive but it's not sustained consistently..more a short time flurry !!
Very true! Not a bad run though 33/34
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Voges for Australian captain, Billy!!!11!!11!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Didn't Peter Handscombe have a better average than Bradman after his first test series? Big difference between having "a good run" and sustaining that level of performance over a whole career.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

On the original topic. Croker has consistently been an 80%+ kicker so there's little doubt he's down on form this year at 73%. By comparison to the other 5 teams remaining the 2019 % are:

Adam Reynolds 83%
Cam Smith 82%
Mitch Moses 77%
Rueben Garrick 77%
Latrell Mitchell 76%

A-Rey and Smith are well in front but in reality there's only a few kicks between the rest of them. Change the results of a couple that hit the post and go in or out. Of course this is just a straight out % success rate and doesn't take into account other factors like position of kicks, prevailing conditions etc.

Our only alternative option is Sezer and his overall record when handed the duties at the Raiders is 76%.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Croker just needs to worry about doing his best. He is an attacking weapon for us and has great experience.

The kicks he missed against the Storm were tough clutch kicks... he will take even more away for going through that and will be awesome. I am not losing sleep over this.
Aero
Laurie Daley

Post by Aero »

Happy for Croker to stay as our first choice kicker, I just hope he spends the next 2 weeks practising and getting himself sorted for more clutch kicks

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

2012, 2014 and 2015 Boogs Avatar/Signature of the Year
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Aero wrote: September 16, 2019, 12:25 pm Happy for Croker to stay as our first choice kicker, I just hope he spends the next 2 weeks practising and getting himself sorted for more clutch kicks

And tackling - he can practice that as well because he got “Hurrelled” again in the second half by a bloke pushing 80kgs.
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Billy Walker wrote: September 16, 2019, 12:34 pm
Aero wrote: September 16, 2019, 12:25 pm Happy for Croker to stay as our first choice kicker, I just hope he spends the next 2 weeks practising and getting himself sorted for more clutch kicks

And tackling - he can practice that as well because he got “Hurrelled” again in the second half by a bloke pushing 80kgs.
yEaH, bUt dID iT cOsT uS tHe mAtCh?????
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Northern Raider wrote: September 16, 2019, 9:25 am On the original topic. Croker has consistently been an 80%+ kicker so there's little doubt he's down on form this year at 73%. By comparison to the other 5 teams remaining the 2019 % are:

Adam Reynolds 83%
Cam Smith 82%
Mitch Moses 77%
Rueben Garrick 77%
Latrell Mitchell 76%

A-Rey and Smith are well in front but in reality there's only a few kicks between the rest of them. Change the results of a couple that hit the post and go in or out. Of course this is just a straight out % success rate and doesn't take into account other factors like position of kicks, prevailing conditions etc.

Our only alternative option is Sezer and his overall record when handed the duties at the Raiders is 76%.
Dont use stats, they are never right
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

So if Cameron Smith scores another 20pts this season his career tally will be 2646.

Croker will need 660pts to pass him, 3 seasons at current rate.

3 seasons, approx 80 games.

he's 45 losses behind Paul Gallen's most losses record.
Edrick The Entertainer
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

bonehead wrote: September 25, 2019, 12:54 pm So if Cameron Smith scores another 20pts this season his career tally will be 2646.

Croker will need 660pts to pass him, 3 seasons at current rate.

3 seasons, approx 80 games.

he's 45 losses behind Paul Gallen's most losses record.
Hard to see him beating Gallen's record unless he plays another *checks calculator* 15 seasons.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I take great joy in the fact Paul Gallen is RL's biggest loser, but if we're being honest with ourselves, that tells you absolutely nothing about him as a player and whether he was good or not, other than he played on a lot of bad teams.

Assigning team stats to an individual is, and forever will be stupid*

*Paul Gallen excluded, because **** paul gallen always.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Croker's kicking

Post by The Nickman »

I’m telling you ***** right now, there’s no way Croker comes anywhere NEAR that Gallen record without 2020/21 being a repeat of 2017/18.

And if it does, I’ll be furious for many other reasons beyond meaningless individual statistics
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 1:31 pm I’m telling you **** right now, there’s no way Croker comes anywhere NEAR that Gallen record without 2020/21 being a repeat of 2017/18.

And if it does, I’ll be furious for many other reasons beyond meaningless individual statistics
Are you saying all individual stats are meaningless or just the ones you don’t like?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: September 25, 2019, 1:56 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 1:31 pm I’m telling you **** right now, there’s no way Croker comes anywhere NEAR that Gallen record without 2020/21 being a repeat of 2017/18.

Are you saying all individual stats are meaningless or just the ones you don’t like?
No, just you.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Team win loss stats arent an individual stat, you **** simpleton
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Think that one went straight past your bat and into the keepers gloves.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

PigRickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 2:50 pm

Team win loss stats arent an individual stat, you **** simpleton
And yet we celebrate 100 games, 150 games, 400 games which tend to be be difficult for an individual to achieve without a team 🤔
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Hey Billy, are you going to be at the game on Friday night being the ardent supporter you are? I'd be keen to say gidday and shout you a tray of beers to show there's no hard feelings despite constant differences of opinion on the forum. I've met just about everyone else who posts here regularly, would be great to put a face to the name!
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

No but I'm coming Rickman! I can introduce you to the twins (as groundskeeper willie would call them).
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Azza wrote: September 25, 2019, 3:14 pm No but I'm coming Rickman! I can introduce you to the twins (as groundskeeper willie would call them).
Oh yeah?? C'mere a minute!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 2:57 pm Hey Billy, are you going to be at the game on Friday night being the ardent supporter you are? I'd be keen to say gidday and shout you a tray of beers to show there's no hard feelings despite constant differences of opinion on the forum. I've met just about everyone else who posts here regularly, would be great to put a face to the name!
I won’t say no to a free beer
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 3:21 pm
Azza wrote: September 25, 2019, 3:14 pm No but I'm coming Rickman! I can introduce you to the twins (as groundskeeper willie would call them).
Oh yeah?? C'mere a minute!
See you in Bay 30.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: September 25, 2019, 3:50 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 2:57 pm Hey Billy, are you going to be at the game on Friday night being the ardent supporter you are? I'd be keen to say gidday and shout you a tray of beers to show there's no hard feelings despite constant differences of opinion on the forum. I've met just about everyone else who posts here regularly, would be great to put a face to the name!
Nice one, Billy! I'll try and catch you in the bar behind the East stand at halftime?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The Rickman wrote:
Nice one, Billy! I'll try and catch you in the bar behind the East stand at halftime?
Next minute 55 people turn up

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 4:20 pm
That’s a long walk from the Meninga stand! How will I know it’s you? Will you wear a red rose?
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Just follow the big herd of security.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote: September 25, 2019, 4:25 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 4:20 pm Nice one, Billy! I'll try and catch you in the bar behind the East stand at halftime?
That’s a long walk from the Meninga stand! How will I know it’s you? Will you wear a red rose?
Ok, I'll catch you in the Meninga Stand bar at halftime! You can't miss me, I look like my avatar, and I'll be holding a tray of beer!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

For those playing at home, Nickman looks like this:

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 4:30 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 25, 2019, 4:25 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 4:20 pm Nice one, Billy! I'll try and catch you in the bar behind the East stand at halftime?
Ok, I'll catch you in the Meninga Stand bar at halftime! You can't miss me, I look like my avatar, and I'll be holding a tray of beer!
There are two people in your avatar picture, are you the bucked toothed ugly guy without a chest or the nervous looking old guy? 🤣
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Haha Billy trying his hardest here to get out of meeting me... you hate to see it.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 25, 2019, 5:27 pm Haha Billy trying his hardest here to get out of meeting me... you hate to see it.
How are you interpreting me asking you to identify who I’m meeting as me trying to avoid a meeting. I’m very keen to meet you - I like free beer.