Croker's kicking

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: Croker's kicking

Post by Billy Walker »

I suspect his kicking won’t even be raised within the team or by coaches. You don’t hit the panic button and go changing things at this point and putting a spotlight on it doesn’t help. It would be like pointing out to your golf partner he’s shanked his first two drives or is missing his putts. It’s not like he isn’t trying. Unless there is a clear technical issue that would be beneficial to mention so he can address it I think it will be left unsaid and left to JC to fix whether that be 10 hours of practice or no kicking for the week.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:13 pm How many posts we going to get into this thread before someone mentions that it was **** windy today?!

Not your standard conditions.
Ridiculous that this wasn't mentioned before now! I'm presuming the people having their usual digs weren't actually at the game, so they missed the obvious.
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

greeneyed wrote:
gangrenous wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:13 pm How many posts we going to get into this thread before someone mentions that it was **** windy today?!

Ridiculous that this wasn't mentioned before now! I'm presuming the people having their usual digs weren't actually at the game, so they missed the obvious.
That's because the usual cowards that post these kinds of things would never actually turn up to a game. They'd prefer to hide behind their keyboard and bitch and moan online all day.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I should have realised earlier... this bloke that is the second highest pointscorer in the NRL and in the top five goal kickers... that's the reason we are constantly losing!
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Meanwhile back in reality, others see that Issac Luke kicked four from four in the same conditions and Croker's form has been poor all year .
Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

afgtnk wrote:Meanwhile back in reality, others see that Issac Luke kicked four from four in the same conditions and Croker's form has been poor all year .
Isaac Luke's were all in front of the posts you pelican

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

No they weren't. Go back and watch the game again you turnip.

**** me, it's as if these **** fan boys take some sort of pride in their ignorance.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Raider Azz wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:15 pm
afgtnk wrote:Meanwhile back in reality, others see that Issac Luke kicked four from four in the same conditions and Croker's form has been poor all year .
Isaac Luke's were all in front of the posts you pelican

Pretty sure that's not actually correct, having watched the game.

Anyway, Croker will remain our kicker for the rest of the year, and his form has been up and down. He's just as likely to come out next week and strike them fantastically - hope he does, because we'll need it.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:10 pm I should have realised earlier... this bloke that is the second highest pointscorer in the NRL and in the top five goal kickers... that's the reason we are constantly losing!
I don’t agree with that GE but he does now hold the record for playing in the most Raiders losing teams ever.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

PigRickman wrote: I dont think the wind will an excuse Croker uses this week, he was clearly very upset with himself. I think he'll be spending quite a few hours this week doing his work.
Absolutely, he wouldn’t use it as an excuse because that’s not how he rolls.

Yes his kicking is slightly off. But people piling on today when the firies and SES have been out all weekend because of winds travelling faster than cars in a school zone is a bit silly.

Not to mention the game was well in hand after the kicks were missed and the team just choked horribly.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Billy Walker wrote:
greeneyed wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:10 pm I should have realised earlier... this bloke that is the second highest pointscorer in the NRL and in the top five goal kickers... that's the reason we are constantly losing!
I don’t agree with that GE but he does now hold the record for playing in the most Raiders losing teams ever.
There’s no secret now, we are vulnerable on the left now and the top teams know it.

We also know we need to score more try’s then normal to win games coming into the finals
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Statistically he hasn't kicked as well this year. But it hasn't been "bad" by any stretch. It has literally won us some games.

Today, he didn't kick well. Conditions, other guy, blah blah.

Realistically, they aren't about to hand Sezer the keys since he leaves next season or is out of the team.

If Croker kicks worse and we lose- the discussion might come up between him and Rick. I ultimately think the decision, if it ever comes to that, will be left up to Croker. He's earnt that.

And I'll back whatever one he makes, should it come to that in a week or two.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I haven't seen the replay yet and I did not watch the game live.

Can the anti-Crokers definitively, honestly, definitely, state that the only, and I mean only reason we lost was Croker's kicking? That everything else was exactly perfect and nothing more could have been done and it was only Croker's kicking that cost us?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

One thing I have noticed about
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Raider Azz wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:08 pm
greeneyed wrote:

That's because the usual cowards that post these kinds of things would never actually turn up to a game. They'd prefer to hide behind their keyboard and bitch and moan online all day.

What's your obsession with calling people who disagree with you a coward? It's weird.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

I started a post earlier in the year stating my concerns regarding croker's form with the boot....i got abused for it.

It's very concerning to be honest, no idea what's going on but I hope he starts to improve soon.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Dr Zaius wrote:
-TW- wrote:We win that game if they bothered to turn up and actually make a **** tackle, don't make it out like 2 missed conversions in a gale made the difference

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
1 from 4 conversations, and a penalty goal
Yet the warriors kicked their goals......Image

Just playing devil's advocate.

I agree his kicking form is down, but it's not like he's going to be replaced as kicker.

Hopefully it comes good.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Dr Zaius wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:51 pm
Raider47 wrote:Two points I’ll add here:

1) Croker’s kicking needs serious work on/to be stopped because it has and will continue to cost us.

2) This discussion has been done to death and will result in the same people arguing the same things.

I’m out Image
Indeed.

To some posters he is a park footballer that can't do anything right.

To some posters he is a future immortal who can do no wrong.

His kicking has clearly regressed this year and cost us the game today. But it won us the game last week. I'll probably get jumped on from both sides for this.
:lol: not so sure about that one!

In any case, his goal kicking this season has been ordinary. Not horrific, not great, just ordinary. Not sure why he has regressed.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I'm wondering if his knee injuries have had anything to do with it?

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

His kicking is what it is - my concerns with him are around his defence. I won’t bag him out or go over old ground but I would encourage people to have a play with this to see where he sits defensively in the NRL and in the 2019 raiders team.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... =tryCauses
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:His kicking is what it is - my concerns with him are around his defence. I won’t bag him out or go over old ground but I would encourage people to have a play with this to see where he sits defensively in the NRL and in the 2019 raiders team.

Won't go over old ground, brings up stat that has been argued to death in a unrelated thread

Makes sense

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: September 8, 2019, 10:11 am
Billy Walker wrote:His kicking is what it is - my concerns with him are around his defence. I won’t bag him out or go over old ground but I would encourage people to have a play with this to see where he sits defensively in the NRL and in the 2019 raiders team.

Won't go over old ground, brings up stat that has been argued to death in a unrelated thread

Makes sense

It’s a live series of stats that are updated every week. I’ve provided a link and suggested people have a play around and draw their own conclusions on things. Is that really that offensive to you TW?
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: September 8, 2019, 9:53 am His kicking is what it is - my concerns with him are around his defence. I won’t bag him out or go over old ground but I would encourage people to have a play with this to see where he sits defensively in the NRL and in the 2019 raiders team.

Wow, I never knew you held that opinion. You really should share it more often.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:

Makes sense

It’s a live series of stats that are updated every week. I’ve provided a link and suggested people have a play around and draw their own conclusions on things. Is that really that offensive to you TW?
Offensive? Hardly. Not sure how a thread called "Croker's kicking" has anything to do with his defence, but considering you've dragged threads not even related to him.. I shouldn't be surprised.

Last edited by -TW- on September 8, 2019, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: September 8, 2019, 10:27 am
Billy Walker wrote:

Makes sense

Not sure how a thread called "Croker's kicking" has anything to do with his defence, but considering you've dragged threads not even related to him.. I shouldn't be surprised.

Would you rather a new thread on Croker’s defence?

I doubt you have even looked at the Fox stats - you’ve jumped straight to your default position of defend Croker at all costs.

I’ve suggested Croker should be kicker for this season and acknowledged his position is not under threat. I’ve respectfully provided a link for others to consider that does demonstrate big defensive issues.

The usual suspects will seek to play the man not the issue and that’s fine - same thing happened when I suggested Havilli would miss out on the bench and Raps wasn’t a lock in for next year. You might not like the things I say but believe it or not I’m not saying them to be unpopular.
Riaan
John Ferguson

Post by Riaan »

Billy Walker wrote: September 8, 2019, 9:53 am His kicking is what it is - my concerns with him are around his defence. I won’t bag him out or go over old ground but I would encourage people to have a play with this to see where he sits defensively in the NRL and in the 2019 raiders team.

Does Ricky Stuart know about this? Maybe forward him your link stat
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

raidersmalt wrote: September 8, 2019, 7:42 am
greeneyed wrote:

What's your obsession with calling people who disagree with you a coward? It's weird.
****, get off your high horse pal. I spend hours travelling to and from games regularly. And I have concerns with Croker's kicking.

And, believe it or not, I talk Raiders with many people who do not post on the GH, and Croker's kicking has not gone unnoticed this year. It isn't some conspiracy cooked up by a GH fringe to bring down the captain.

The eye says that his left to right kicking in particular is poor. And the stats back that up. More worrying, he seems to be way off on many of them; as if it is a technical issue.

Why is it such a crime to discuss this on the GH? I like Croker, and while I think his defence can be intermittently questionable; I don't suggest he should be dropped at all, or that he is garbage.

We need a GH Freedom of Discussion about Croker's Kicking Bill.
Up The Milk
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

raiderskater wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:54 pm I haven't seen the replay yet and I did not watch the game live.

Can the anti-Crokers definitively, honestly, definitely, state that the only, and I mean only reason we lost was Croker's kicking? That everything else was exactly perfect and nothing more could have been done and it was only Croker's kicking that cost us?
Im not anti-Croker, but Ill pretend I am for the sake of answering your questions.

I would answer a resounding NO.

Don't see how its relevant though. I hope you're not suggesting that no issue can be discussed unless the issue literally costs us a game.
Up The Milk
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Mickey_Raider wrote: September 8, 2019, 11:04 am
raiderskater wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:54 pm I haven't seen the replay yet and I did not watch the game live.

Im not anti-Croker, but Ill pretend I am for the sake of answering your questions.

I would answer a resounding NO.

Don't see how its relevant though. I hope you're not suggesting that no issue can be discussed unless the issue literally costs us a game.
Not at all.

I am merely challenging the assertion that it was his kicking that lost us the game, as that implies there was no other reason.

It is particularly important to challenge this assertion because there is one particular poster who just loves to claim that Croker's kicking has lost us multiple games in the past and despite being asked on multiple occasions to provide evidence of this assertion has yet to do so.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Splade
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Splade »

The way he was lining up those kicks at the right post I’m certain he was trying to fade them over.

His reaction and disgust supports that, definitely a technical thing. Hitting pull draws from there is a concern.

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote:Croker today claimed another record by equaling the most games lost by a Raiders player since the inception of the club. He also stands a good chance of having more try causes than any other player in the NRL this season. He was second to Anthony Don before this round.
What the **** does that have to do with Crocker’s kicking, ****?
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 8, 2019, 7:53 pm
Billy Walker wrote:Croker today claimed another record by equaling the most games lost by a Raiders player since the inception of the club. He also stands a good chance of having more try causes than any other player in the NRL this season. He was second to Anthony Don before this round.
What the **** does that have to do with Crocker’s kicking, ****?
Maybe he gets a kick out those achievements.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Splade wrote:The way he was lining up those kicks at the right post I’m certain he was trying to fade them over.

His reaction and disgust supports that, definitely a technical thing. Hitting pull draws from there is a concern.
He’s trying to kick the ball to hard which is half the problem. He needs to go back to kicking with rhythm. The ball doesn’t need to clear the cross bar by far, as long as it gets over.
raidersmalt
Brett Mullins

Post by raidersmalt »

Mickey_Raider wrote: September 8, 2019, 11:00 am
raidersmalt wrote: September 8, 2019, 7:42 am
greeneyed wrote:

****, get off your high horse pal. I spend hours travelling to and from games regularly. And I have concerns with Croker's kicking.

And, believe it or not, I talk Raiders with many people who do not post on the GH, and Croker's kicking has not gone unnoticed this year. It isn't some conspiracy cooked up by a GH fringe to bring down the captain.

The eye says that his left to right kicking in particular is poor. And the stats back that up. More worrying, he seems to be way off on many of them; as if it is a technical issue.

Why is it such a crime to discuss this on the GH? I like Croker, and while I think his defence can be intermittently questionable; I don't suggest he should be dropped at all, or that he is garbage.

We need a GH Freedom of Discussion about Croker's Kicking Bill.
Woh.....I was referring to Raider Azz.

I completely agree with you. We're on the same high horse!....unless you were also referring to him?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Hahaha that’s a fantastic EDIT