18%

Total votes: 11

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:48 pm
The Rickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:05 pm That game was **** garbage. I’m furious about that, and I haven’t said that too many times this season.
I'm not at all happy either, particularly as it was all self inflicted, starting on Teamlist Tuesday. And even putting the issue of resting players aside... that team should have won, was in a position to win, and ill discipline, error and poor, no, soft defence cost the Raiders the game.
I agree, but the fact we have an injury free squad running out next week means more than 2 points today. Still should have won and was a poor effort but it’s not the worse result if you consider how you would be feeling now if it was Papa, Hodgo or Jack going off holding his shoulder.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Gazman wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:31 pm Late comment sorry all - 3 hour drive back to Sydney is like that, but seriously WORST Viking clap ever today!

Bring back the arm forces rep. There were so many people laughing it set the tone for a poor performance today!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Finally! The true responsible party for today's debacle is found!

Jks, good on you for driving down from Sydney, did it many times in my younger days and the drive back after a loss is absolutely brutal.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Gazman wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:31 pm Late comment sorry all - 3 hour drive back to Sydney is like that, but seriously WORST Viking clap ever today!

Bring back the arm forces rep. There were so many people laughing it set the tone for a poor performance today!

Even my Mrs noted how slow he started. Then got too quick too fast. Weird clap.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Gazman wrote:Late comment sorry all - 3 hour drive back to Sydney is like that, but seriously WORST Viking clap ever today!

Glad we got to the bottom of that then..

Sent from my CPH1831 using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders face Melbourne Storm after getting overrun by New Zealand Warriors

A disastrous final 11 minutes has seen a trip to Sydney turn into a flight to Melbourne. The Canberra Raiders looked to be cruising to victory over the New Zealand Warriors at Canberra Stadium on Saturday, but two Warriors tries as the clock ticked down led to a shock 24-20 victory for the Warriors.

NEW ZEALAND WARRIORS 24 (Lachlan Burr, Adam Pompey, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck, Blake Green tries; Issac Luke 4 goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 20 (Sebastian Kris, Josh Papalii, Josh Hodgson, Michael Oldfield tries; Jarrod Croker 2 goals) at Canberra Stadium. Referees: Matt Cecchin, Adam Cassidy. Crowd: 13,331.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

"Don't hang the kid" - Young tells Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart he didn't eye gouge

Canberra Raiders forward Hudson Young is facing a nervous wait after footage showed his hands near the eyes of New Zealand Warriors centre Adam Pompey on Saturday.

"I'm disappointed Hudson's hand was on the face, but don't start hanging the kid and listening to commentators that want him to have 20 weeks, which is absolutely ridiculous.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Talking points: Is Canberra Raiders star Josh Papalii the best prop in the NRL? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239

Warriors shock fourth-placed Raiders to end 2019 on a high: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/07/war ... on-a-high/

'He didn't gouge the kid': Stuart defends Young: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/09/07/he- ... nds-young/

Raiders finish fourth after Warriors defeat: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... rs-defeat/

Match Highlights: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/09 ... -warriors/

Is the Green Machine breaking down? https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... 3a85d5a954

Canberra Raiders’ Hudson Young in hot water over alleged eye gouge on Warriors’ Adam Pompey: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-pr ... e242fdf81a
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Did the player complain of an eye gouge?
Does an eye gouging charge require a formal complaint?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I dont believe a gauge need a formal complaint, but nor do i say that with 100% confidence.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Billy Walker wrote:
Jake wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:21 pm
gangrenous wrote:Image

Ok let’s sit down and call it a tie so we both make the finals instead of the Broncos and we don’t upset Jake any further.
Thanks lads. It's been a long afternoon.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
I wouldn’t sweat it too much Jake. Your team just finishing top 4 and is injury free and ready to roll the Storm.
Correct. It's been a tremendous year and I have thoroughly enjoyed it.

GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

PigRickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:59 pm I dont believe a gauge need a formal complaint, but nor do i say that with 100% confidence.
I thought I heard somewhere that you need a formal complaint and that part of the reason why Josh McGuire wasn’t charged against Munster, was that the complaint was rescinded..
Anyway, the hands on the face would still attract some type of punishment given his history...it’s a shame.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Jake wrote: September 7, 2019, 9:02 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

Ok let’s sit down and call it a tie so we both make the finals instead of the Broncos and we don’t upset Jake any further.

I wouldn’t sweat it too much Jake. Your team just finishing top 4 and is injury free and ready to roll the Storm.

We’re playing for at least two more weeks after other teams have their mad Monday’s!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenMachine wrote: September 7, 2019, 9:04 pm
PigRickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:59 pm I dont believe a gauge need a formal complaint, but nor do i say that with 100% confidence.
I thought I heard somewhere that you need a formal complaint and that part of the reason why Josh McGuire wasn’t charged against Munster, was that the complaint was rescinded..
Anyway, the hands on the face would still attract some type of punishment given his history...it’s a shame.
I wouldn’t have thought so, but now you mention it I do recall something about Munster helping McGuire out
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Billy Walker wrote:
Jake wrote: September 7, 2019, 9:02 pm
Billy Walker wrote:

We’re playing for at least two more weeks after other teams have their mad Monday’s!
How strict are we on wording here? I have enjoyed it to this point and will continue to enjoy it.

I'll take a Hudson Young special over 3 pages of puns though I'm afraid Image

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

GreenMachine wrote: September 7, 2019, 9:04 pm
Yeah now you mention it, i do have some vague recollections of that. Interesting if that is the case
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

julian87 wrote:Christ can someone create a teams thread for next week to get some constructive rather than destructive conversations happening.
Yeah. I'm waiting.. I've got a solid team in mind

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Jake wrote:Cut the puns, thanks.

That's not relevant to our puns. Stay on topic please

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

gangrenous wrote:
Jake wrote:Cut the puns, thanks.

I don’t get this one? Image

Or recognise this new Mod?
Doubled checked, he's only only a young fella looking for the ball with a good eye for detail

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

PigRickman wrote:Yeah I might have to eat some **** on Hors

I said a few games after his debut that he didn’t strike me as a rep player... he may not ever rep footy but my assessment that it was probably beyond him is certainly looking a bad call
I remember you not being sold on him, and he did make a couple of mistakes early this year, I could see your point.
But his form in the last 6 weeks, I would have him in the side somewhere. I'd like to see him starting prop with papa.

Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

AUSTEZER wrote:Anasta and Finch were absolute poison in commentary today
I give my own commentary when i watch games, it's heaps good lol

Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Neeeegz wrote: September 7, 2019, 9:17 pm
PigRickman wrote:Yeah I might have to eat some **** on Hors

I said a few games after his debut that he didn’t strike me as a rep player... he may not ever rep footy but my assessment that it was probably beyond him is certainly looking a bad call
I remember you not being sold on him, and he did make a couple of mistakes early this year, I could see your point.
But his form in the last 6 weeks, I would have him in the side somewhere. I'd like to see him starting prop with papa.

Yeah i wouldnt be dropping him at all right now. He's going great. I think it was you who and some others who pulled me up on it too and said i was underselling his talent. And i'd have to say based on what we've seen, you guys were 100% right and i was 100% wrong. Delightfully so.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Jake wrote: I'll take a Hudson Young special over 3 pages of puns though I'm afraid Image
R U Ok mate? That’s pretty worrying Image
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

BadnMean wrote:
RedRaider wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:58 pm Looking for some positives, Papa was immense. The try from a standing start and crashing through was sensational. He should get his Kangaroos jersey back. The Oldfield try was fantastic Rugby League. A shame about his shoulder. The attitude of the side seemed to change from that moment on. EWs commitment to keeping the ball in play for the Kris try was fabulous.
Only Guler and Sutton looked to drive Warriors back in defence. If more players do that it will lift the side.
Bring on the Storm.
Papa scored a try off the same "fake run around" play a week or two ago. It's a nice variation as the defence can't give up on Papa or Hodgo as they are both threats at that range. I'd LOVE to see a variation where Hodgo and Papa set up for the same run around with Wighton/CNK/Simo/Bateman (anyone with footwork) looking like the runner after Hodgo has done the run around but the runner cuts back inside, Papa holds it like he'll run the fake run around then either puts the runner in the hole after defence hits him or offloads to that runner.

Papa is the best prop in the game.

Yeah Oldy in full flight was glorious. Love it when a winger backs themselves, forgets slowing for support and just pins the ears back.
I would start old next year when raps is gone. He deserves it. Fast and safe

Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Pompei sticking up for Young.... dont think thats gonna save him. The evidence is clear.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Lucky wrote: September 7, 2019, 9:48 pm Pompei sticking up for Young.... dont think thats gonna save him. The evidence is clear.
Not sure. Can’t be called an eye gouge because Pompei is giving evidence to suggest otherwise.
It’s probably a facial...McGuire had two of those and paid two fines before he was finally pinged for a lay off..
So I’m not sure. I don’t condone what he did, it’s stupid.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

What was the go today with only playing Havilii for 10 minutes. The man needs game time as he has been warming the bench and only getting a few minutes here and there.

Ricky should have pulled Hodgson at the 50 minute mark and Havilli should have played out the game at 9.

Papa should have been pulled then to and never to return.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

LastRaider wrote:What was the go today with only playing Havilii for 10 minutes. The man needs game time as he has been warming the bench and only getting a few minutes here and there.

Ricky should have pulled Hodgson at the 50 minute mark and Havilli should have played out the game at 9.

And I will add to this, when he came on, he made impact. Crazy bench usage from Ricky today

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Neeeegz wrote:
LastRaider wrote:What was the go today with only playing Havilii for 10 minutes. The man needs game time as he has been warming the bench and only getting a few minutes here and there.

And I will add to this, when he came on, he made impact. Crazy bench usage from Ricky today

Yeah Stuart didn’t have a good day today. Cracked a little under pressure and started making silly decisions.

He needs to get back up in the coaches box
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Two more loses and he will be getting shot out of a ****ing cannon. Chill out for a bit

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

GreenMachine wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:55 pm Did the player complain of an eye gouge?
Just reported on Fox League that the Warriors player doesn't believe he was gouged and felt nothing.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

greeneyed wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:05 pm
GreenMachine wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:55 pm Did the player complain of an eye gouge?
Just reported on Fox League that the Warriors player doesn't believe he was gouged and felt nothing.
Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Given how inconsistent the MRC has been this season, I have no idea.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Neeeegz wrote: September 7, 2019, 9:31 pm
BadnMean wrote:
RedRaider wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:58 pm Looking for some positives, Papa was immense. The try from a standing start and crashing through was sensational. He should get his Kangaroos jersey back. The Oldfield try was fantastic Rugby League. A shame about his shoulder. The attitude of the side seemed to change from that moment on. EWs commitment to keeping the ball in play for the Kris try was fabulous.
Only Guler and Sutton looked to drive Warriors back in defence. If more players do that it will lift the side.
Bring on the Storm.
Papa scored a try off the same "fake run around" play a week or two ago. It's a nice variation as the defence can't give up on Papa or Hodgo as they are both threats at that range. I'd LOVE to see a variation where Hodgo and Papa set up for the same run around with Wighton/CNK/Simo/Bateman (anyone with footwork) looking like the runner after Hodgo has done the run around but the runner cuts back inside, Papa holds it like he'll run the fake run around then either puts the runner in the hole after defence hits him or offloads to that runner.

Papa is the best prop in the game.

Yeah Oldy in full flight was glorious. Love it when a winger backs themselves, forgets slowing for support and just pins the ears back.
I would start old next year when raps is gone. He deserves it. Fast and safe

He's definitely got another year in him given the pace shown today, I like his energy and it's a good value player in the back 5, buy another promising backup punt like Simo or Ravalawa (when we signed him) and Simo gets a start. No arguments here, does a modern wingers job well. Good option for a year or so I agree.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

GreenMachine wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:08 pm
greeneyed wrote: September 7, 2019, 10:05 pm
Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Given how inconsistent the MRC has been this season, I have no idea.
Deceptive camera vision then?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Who cares what the Warriors player says. Lengthy suspension please.

Are we supposed to believe Fox are making Hudson Young eye gouge deep fakes now?
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Stranger things have happened, but i'd be pretty surprised if that saves him given how damning the video looks
But GreenMachine raised a good point, if it does need a complaint, it could save his ****
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

It might help a bit but the rules are clear that the judiciary can make the call anyway.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Yeah no doubt the MRC will make a call...
My point is that it can’t be an eye gouge because that requires evidence from a complaint that the eyes were attacked.
Pompei seems to be saying there was nothing in it..
I think at worst it’s a facial, and that leaves us with the varying degrees of inconsistency that the MRC could apply.
I’ll also add that I don’t condone the action at all, but I’m not about to grab a pitchfork when the game has celebrated grubs for decades.