Warriors 13+
18%

Total votes: 11

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: 2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Game Day

Post by Botman »

I think what is disappointing most of the posters is that’s not the raiders team we’ve come to expect this year

Which it isn’t, because a lot key players were rest and not in the team
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

Ultima wrote:
Neeeegz wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:25 pm Well, one thing hasn't changed this year and that's rickys abysmal bench usage

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
He was OK on some of our games. I'm not liking this Papalli for a full half and constantly wasting of fresh bench players though.

Even more so if we are going to waste a bench spot 80% of the time anyway by not using them or throwing them on in the last five minutes why not carry a back for backup???
I'll admit, it has been pretty good this year, I would of thought the point of Havili was to give Hodgo a rest, and same as Collins for papa. Get some minutes in the legs of those guys in case we need them

nodrog
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by nodrog »

nodrog wrote: September 7, 2019, 3:54 pm I want to see a win, because I can get to the game against the roosters, won't make it to Melbourne if we're down there.
Damn.

Typical raiders today. That was actually rubbish. I'm filthy.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Unpopular opinion here.

We didn’t play well. Reflecting on that I almost reckon it’s a better situation for the group to learn from than a 2 point win in that situation. They know they’re welcoming back some of the hardest players in the competition next week and they know they have to take their performance seriously. I don’t think it will worry even one of them that they can’t get it done but I think it saves any chance of complacency knowing they played like **** but won anyway.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

-PJ- wrote:This is weird. Before this game was played a lot of us..including me weren't too fussed if we got beat.

Blokes rested, top 4 sewn up, blah blah.

But I'm dirty with that..real dirty !
I'm dirty on papa and Hodgo getting too many minutes and I'm filthy on Hudson. That's his career at Canberra gone in my opinion.

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I’m happy to be playing melboirne
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Julian makes a good point.

Also those banging on about treating the game with contempt and not playing the right team must be forgetting we were up by more than a converted try with 15 to go after playing generally poorly.

Just because the players buggered it up and didn’t deliver doesn’t make the decision wrong. That team was perfectly capable of winning and getting our players the rest they needed. This loss is on the players buggering it up.

I expect many will be out to make amends for that next week.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

kona_dream wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:57 pm So far the difference between Hudson and Redhorse is that Redhorse seems to have learned from his earlier indiscretions. This is why he will be a key part of the finals campaign.
There’s a pretty big difference in talent and potential there too imo.

Horsburgh will play Origin I reckon.
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Yes it was a disgusting result today, but there are 2 positives we can take out of it:
1) the warriors didnt win 13+.... so that means all year we havent been beaten by 13+ which is a fantastic defensive effort for us.
2) we are currently on a win-loss sequence, which means we are due for a win next week against the cap rorters.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

julian87 wrote:
kona_dream wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:57 pm So far the difference between Hudson and Redhorse is that Redhorse seems to have learned from his earlier indiscretions. This is why he will be a key part of the finals campaign.

Yep I think horse will, for sure in a few years

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Christ can someone create a teams thread for next week to get some constructive rather than destructive conversations happening.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Neeeegz wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:32 pm
julian87 wrote:

If we go well in the finals I reckon he will play next season. Qld are struggling big time for tough forwards. He reminds me of a young Klemmer honestly.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

Cut the puns, thanks.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Ok let’s sit down and call it a tie so we both make the finals instead of the Broncos and we don’t upset Jake any further.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

gangrenous wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:44 pm Image

Ok let’s sit down and call it a tie so we both make the finals instead of the Broncos and we don’t upset Jake any further.
I’ve got nothing... except this image of Pompey :cmon
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

julian87 wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:33 pm
Neeeegz wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:32 pm
julian87 wrote:

If we go well in the finals I reckon he will play next season. Qld are struggling big time for tough forwards. He reminds me of a young Klemmer honestly.
I don't think he quite has the rig or impact of a Klemmer but he's gone very well vs some very good packs the last 6 weeks. I wouldn't be too surprised if he's in the Origin squads next year, if he keeps up this level of play. As you said, Qld are light on for forwards depth right now and he's got the attitude.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Looking for some positives, Papa was immense. The try from a standing start and crashing through was sensational. He should get his Kangaroos jersey back. The Oldfield try was fantastic Rugby League. A shame about his shoulder. The attitude of the side seemed to change from that moment on. EWs commitment to keeping the ball in play for the Kris try was fabulous.
Only Guler and Sutton looked to drive Warriors back in defence. If more players do that it will lift the side.
Bring on the Storm.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Yeah I might have to eat some **** on Hors

I said a few games after his debut that he didn’t strike me as a rep player... he may not ever rep footy but my assessment that it was probably beyond him is certainly looking a bad call
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

PigRickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:59 pm Yeah I might have to eat some **** on Hors

I said a few games after his debut that he didn’t strike me as a rep player... he may not ever rep footy but my assessment that it was probably beyond him is certainly looking a bad call
He’s got a rawness about him that’s hard not to like. He’s not as polished as the young Bronco forwards but I feel like he could end up being anything.
AUSTEZER
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by AUSTEZER »

Anasta and Finch were absolute poison in commentary today
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

julian87 wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:03 pm Unpopular opinion here.

We didn’t play well. Reflecting on that I almost reckon it’s a better situation for the group to learn from than a 2 point win in that situation. They know they’re welcoming back some of the hardest players in the competition next week and they know they have to take their performance seriously. I don’t think it will worry even one of them that they can’t get it done but I think it saves any chance of complacency knowing they played like **** but won anyway.
Not an unpopular opinion at all.
I agree with you completely.
The overreactions here Tonight are off the charts.
We go into next weeks game full strength and with an attitude adjustment.
Not to mention the fact that to win the competition this year, you will almost certainly need to play both Melbourne and The Roosters.
The only downside as far as I see is our poor home form. This must be addressed as we will be playing a final at home.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

RedRaider wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:58 pm Looking for some positives, Papa was immense. The try from a standing start and crashing through was sensational. He should get his Kangaroos jersey back. The Oldfield try was fantastic Rugby League. A shame about his shoulder. The attitude of the side seemed to change from that moment on. EWs commitment to keeping the ball in play for the Kris try was fabulous.
Only Guler and Sutton looked to drive Warriors back in defence. If more players do that it will lift the side.
Bring on the Storm.
Papa scored a try off the same "fake run around" play a week or two ago. It's a nice variation as the defence can't give up on Papa or Hodgo as they are both threats at that range. I'd LOVE to see a variation where Hodgo and Papa set up for the same run around with Wighton/CNK/Simo/Bateman (anyone with footwork) looking like the runner after Hodgo has done the run around but the runner cuts back inside, Papa holds it like he'll run the fake run around then either puts the runner in the hole after defence hits him or offloads to that runner.

Papa is the best prop in the game.

Yeah Oldy in full flight was glorious. Love it when a winger backs themselves, forgets slowing for support and just pins the ears back.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

AUSTEZER wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:04 pm Anasta and Finch were absolute poison in commentary today
They are the worst!! Finch really blows
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Billy Walker wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:16 pm
AUSTEZER wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:04 pm Anasta and Finch were absolute poison in commentary today
They are the worst!! Finch really blows
100%
Finch trying to sound offended at what Young did, when only a few weeks ago was defending Melbourne’s grubby tactics was truly hypocritical.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

gangrenous wrote:Image

Thanks lads. It's been a long afternoon.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Jake wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:21 pm
gangrenous wrote:Image

Thanks lads. It's been a long afternoon.

I wouldn’t sweat it too much Jake. Your team just finishing top 4 and is injury free and ready to roll the Storm.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

BadnMean wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:14 pm
RedRaider wrote: September 7, 2019, 6:58 pm Looking for some positives, Papa was immense. The try from a standing start and crashing through was sensational. He should get his Kangaroos jersey back. The Oldfield try was fantastic Rugby League. A shame about his shoulder. The attitude of the side seemed to change from that moment on. EWs commitment to keeping the ball in play for the Kris try was fabulous.
Bring on the Storm.
Papa scored a try off the same "fake run around" play a week or two ago. It's a nice variation as the defence can't give up on Papa or Hodgo as they are both threats at that range. I'd LOVE to see a variation where Hodgo and Papa set up for the same run around with Wighton/CNK/Simo/Bateman (anyone with footwork) looking like the runner after Hodgo has done the run around but the runner cuts back inside, Papa holds it like he'll run the fake run around then either puts the runner in the hole after defence hits him or offloads to that runner.

Papa is the best prop in the game.

Yeah Oldy in full flight was glorious. Love it when a winger backs themselves, forgets slowing for support and just pins the ears back.
Whoops I didn't mention Hodgo faking to go right and running to the left for his try. He caught them asleep on the blind side and had the pace to finish it off.

Our defense though was not aggressive enough most of the time. The Warriors got offload after offload and Sticky will need to stick a well aimed rocket up them for that. The good news is that there are potentially 6 players to come back into the side. Let's give it to the Storm.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Rickman wrote: September 7, 2019, 5:05 pm That game was **** garbage. I’m furious about that, and I haven’t said that too many times this season.
I'm not at all happy either, particularly as it was all self inflicted, starting on Teamlist Tuesday. And even putting the issue of resting players aside... that team should have won, was in a position to win, and ill discipline, error and poor, no, soft defence cost the Raiders the game.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

This was my first game this year thanks to weekend work, drove from Sydney, looking forward to seeing Bateman and CNK and a rollicking victory. I'm a bit dirty on the selections. Happy Members Appreciation Day, here's half your side.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Chicka's shoe wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:52 pm This was my first game this year thanks to weekend work, drove from Sydney, looking forward to seeing Bateman and CNK and a rollicking victory. I'm a bit dirty on the selections. Happy Members Appreciation Day, here's half your side.
Write to Don- he might offer you something. Seriously.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

Does anyone know who Young used for his supplements when he was younger? I want to find the one who randomly sprinkles performance enhancing stuff over them for no extra cost.
18-month ban for a positive drug test as a teenager about five years ago. It is believed the youngster had inadvertently used a tainted store-bought supplement, with a revamped ASADA now looking to educate athletes nationwide about the possible risks associated with such products.
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

ASADA estimate that 1 in 5 supplements contain substances that are prohibited by WADA code

https://www.asada.gov.au/news/blog-1-5- ... substances

especially worrying
They found that of the 67 products, 13 contained one or more substances that are banned in sport. Importantly, none of the 13 products listed any banned substances on their ingredients list.
Chickas shoe
John Ferguson

Post by Chickas shoe »

BadnMean wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:58 pm
Chicka's shoe wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:52 pm This was my first game this year thanks to weekend work, drove from Sydney, looking forward to seeing Bateman and CNK and a rollicking victory. I'm a bit dirty on the selections. Happy Members Appreciation Day, here's half your side.
I'll survive.
BadnMean
Steve Walters

Post by BadnMean »

Chicka's shoe wrote: September 7, 2019, 8:11 pm
BadnMean wrote: September 7, 2019, 7:58 pm
I'll survive.
That's the spirit.
Gazman
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Gazman »

Late comment sorry all - 3 hour drive back to Sydney is like that, but seriously WORST Viking clap ever today!

Bring back the arm forces rep. There were so many people laughing it set the tone for a poor performance today!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk