Warriors 13+
6%

Total votes: 16

Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: 2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by Lucky »

I doubt ricky will rest anyone even though weve wrapped up the top 4. Could you imagine if we lost to the warriors! we'd be the laughing stock of the NRL, itd be like being beaten by the titans :lol: Although im pretty confident we could still beat em even with half a squad.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

He said in the press conference he would consider it.
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

I would rest CNK, Papalii, Bateman

Bring Oldfield into the team, Guler and Luke Bateman into the side (last two as bench)

perhaps rest Wighton as well and bring in Williams

We want to play Roosters first - if we lose then we are on the other side of the draw, if we win then great - face off between Roosters and Melbourne in one final
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Remember 2017 when the club got all ahead of itself and set the whole preseason up around being fit n fresh for finals footy?

No reason to get big heads now and get ahead of ourselves. Winning is a habit. Stay focused on playing good footy. If someone has a niggle- rest them. Otherwise everyone plays.

If we’re well up after 50-60 mins, give them a rest.

I also object to this crap about only being good for one win vs Melbourne a year and the Roosters being unbeatable. If you don’t believe by now we can beat any team in the comp if we put it together then you don’t think we can win the comp.

Because you don’t win it by fiddle assing around and hoping the draw helps you out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Can't afford to take the Warriors lightly. They'll be delighted if they can beat a top four team in the final round and will do their best to do so. If there are players with injuries fine, but no "resting", keep on winning.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad
2. Bailey Simonsson
3. Jarrod Croker
4. Nick Cotric
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Jack Wighton
7. Aidan Sezer
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Ryan Sutton
11. John Bateman
12. Elliot Whitehead
13. Joseph Tapine (get him some minutes before the finals)

14. Hudson Young
15. Corey Horsburgh
16. Sia Soliola
17. Josh Papalii (mini rest)

It's a real lottery this week and could end up with anything but maybe you rest hodgo at half time? In our full strength side I'm happy to be able to drop Havili. In 10 odd minutes he somehow still managed some really lazy marker defense that almost led to a try. I really can't understand what his thought process is. His lack of awareness / effort has no place in the top 17.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

greeneyed wrote: September 1, 2019, 11:24 pm Can't afford to take the Warriors lightly. They'll be delighted if they can beat a top four team in the final round and will do their best to do so. If there are players with injuries fine, but no "resting", keep on winning.
Rubbish. We'll beat them no worries.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I really don’t know how I feel about ‘resting’ players. If they’re carrying a niggle that would benefit the week off I don’t see why you wouldn’t take that opportunity.

Now my opinion on genuine resting rather than injury recovery is simply cotton wool around your crucial players. Our 3 most crucial players are Wighton, Hodgson and Papalii. The 2 Aussies there also played all 3 Origins while Hodgson’s workload is monumental too playing 80 all year.

I’d definitely consider it. It gets Williams and Havili some NRL minutes before finals. I don’t know if I’d pull the trigger but I’d definitely consider it.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Ricky used the term “carrying a niggle” but I think he will rest players he can’t afford to lose in the finals in a dead rubber against the warriors.

It’s not about being arrogant or getting ahead of ourselves (like we did a few years ago). It’s about being smart. There is no real upside in risking a full strength team to beat up on the warriors in a game that has no impact in our season.

If we’re happy to take on either Storm or Roosters in week 1 of the finals, then it doesn’t matter.

Be smart, let the boys recover and give the second string more minutes in my opinion.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

BadnMean wrote: September 1, 2019, 11:20 pm Remember 2017 when the club got all ahead of itself and set the whole preseason up around being fit n fresh for finals footy?

No reason to get big heads now and get ahead of ourselves. Winning is a habit. Stay focused on playing good footy. If someone has a niggle- rest them. Otherwise everyone plays.

If we’re well up after 50-60 mins, give them a rest.

I also object to this crap about only being good for one win vs Melbourne a year and the Roosters being unbeatable. If you don’t believe by now we can beat any team in the comp if we put it together then you don’t think we can win the comp.

Because you don’t win it by fiddle assing around and hoping the draw helps you out.
You’re spot on BnM!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

cat wrote:
The Rickman wrote:Billy Walker hopefully, cat
Who?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Hahaha touché
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Id rest hodgo and possibly bateman, hodgo definitely, imagine if he gets injured, we go from a top 8 side to a bottom side without him
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

To the eye, CNK and Bateman look like a rest may do them the world of good. In saying that, they are both absolute weapons who will give the same effort no matter what. And they both were phenomenal yesterday. I'll trust the club to do the right thing either way.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 2, 2019, 6:46 am
cat wrote:
The Rickman wrote:Billy Walker hopefully, cat
Who?

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Hahaha touché
I’ll be asking for you badge back and kicking you out of the gang if you’re not careful!

Monday’s taste sweeter after a win like that! I wonder what Gal’s doing today - I bet the water at his recovery session is a little more salty than usual... so sad!
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

without any medical information, the players i think look like a week off might be beneficial:

CNK, Whitehead, Bateman, Papalii and Hodgson
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Hodgson is still coming up with some pivotal plays in games, but the last 3 weeks he has been a bit hot and cold.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I honestly think Hodgson, Sezer and Wighton all need more time in the middle working on their fifth play options, they were nothing short of disgraceful yesterday!
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I’m in the camp saying rest them up.

Papa, Bateman, whitehead, Hodgson, wighton, CNK, rapana - rest

Bring in kris, starling, Williams, oldfield, tapine, murchie and guler.

Give havili plenty of minutes to get finals ready, let Williams have some game time in case he is called upon.

Tapine, horse, Hudson young should have their minutes ramped right up, with sia playing reduced minutes.
Up The Milk
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I just think it's an absolutely AWFUL idea one week from the finals to disrupt absolutely everything. If the players need a rest, give them a few days off training this week and then give the bench players longer minutes.

Are the Storm and Roosters going to rest half their teams this weekend??
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Id like to see the following rested:
Hodgo: Too valuable and gives Havili more minutes at FG speed leading into finals which is a huge step up in intensity. Plus Starling to give him more FG time in case needed at some stage or just for development
Bateman: Always seems like he gets niggles. Too important for us. Rest will be good for him and give more minutes to our fringe players
Wighton: Origin was tough and he plays hard. Run with Sezer and give Williams a shot at 5/8. Get him back used to FG intensity should we need him come finals
Papa: Just because he is a workhorse and has been incredible this year. Give Guler some time and an opportunity to find some mongrel
Whitehead: Our most underrated player plays massive minutes and it's all tough stuff. Again opportunity for fringe players
CNK: Like Bateman, never seems far away from a niggle. Rest, and give Oldy a shot. Been playing mounties FB and needs to be up to speed in case he is needed for finals

I'd actually enjoy watching the game and seeing if we can do a job on the Warriors with that team
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

The Rickman wrote: September 2, 2019, 9:56 am I just think it's an absolutely AWFUL idea one week from the finals to disrupt absolutely everything. If the players need a rest, give them a few days off training this week and then give the bench players longer minutes.

Yeah, maybe rest the odd player, but momentum is a big thing in sport have to agree with muppet man.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Looks like you logged onto the wrong account there, Billy.
Drandyt
Noa Nadruku
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Drandyt »

The Rickman wrote: September 2, 2019, 10:41 am Looks like you logged onto the wrong account there, Billy.
While I do think Billy makes some good sense, I am not always in agreement, just don't agree with everyone all the time. Also, think you make a bit of sense some of the time..
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:I just think it's an absolutely AWFUL idea one week from the finals to disrupt absolutely everything. If the players need a rest, give them a few days off training this week and then give the bench players longer minutes.

Agreed.

Instead of a "week off", reduce the amount of time they play, maybe. Or reduced load at training maybe and let them focus on rehabilitation and recovery.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Drandyt wrote: September 2, 2019, 11:22 am
The Rickman wrote: September 2, 2019, 10:41 am Looks like you logged onto the wrong account there, Billy.
While I do think Billy makes some good sense, I am not always in agreement, just don't agree with everyone all the time. Also, think you make a bit of sense some of the time..
Thanks I think? ;)
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

dubby wrote: September 2, 2019, 11:25 am
The Rickman wrote:I just think it's an absolutely AWFUL idea one week from the finals to disrupt absolutely everything. If the players need a rest, give them a few days off training this week and then give the bench players longer minutes.

Agreed.

Instead of a "week off", reduce the amount of time they play, maybe. Or reduced load at training maybe and let them focus on rehabilitation and recovery.

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
This just makes sense and I’m sure it’s what will happen. Maybe one or two with genuine injuries might be rested but we need momentum and won’t be holding back fit players.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

CNK, Bateman, Papalii need a rest.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

How amazing is it that we are event talking about resting players in the last week of the regular season.

I for one didn't see this this coming in a million years at the beginning of the year.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Coastalraider wrote: September 2, 2019, 12:01 pm How amazing is it that we are event talking about resting players in the last week of the regular season.

I for one didn't see this this coming in a million years at the beginning of the year.
I did :)
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

The Rickman wrote: September 2, 2019, 12:03 pm
Coastalraider wrote: September 2, 2019, 12:01 pm How amazing is it that we are event talking about resting players in the last week of the regular season.

I did :)
What are the powerball numbers this week?
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

BJ Mole saw us in this exact ladder position before the season kicked off, but I reluctantly admit that I was 4 points out on our for and against.

The RLW Mole will soon be announcing that he picked the ladder from 1-16 before the NRL was even formed.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

"Ol' Moley's done it again!!"
BJ
Steve Walters

2019 Rd 25 V Warriors: Teams and Previews

Post by BJ »

The Rickman wrote:"Ol' Moley's done it again!!"
Yep sorry forgot. KABOOOOM

And hearing whispers that Paul Gallen won’t play at Shark Park again.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

PigRickman wrote: September 2, 2019, 9:21 am without any medical information, the players i think look like a week off might be beneficial:

CNK, Whitehead, Bateman, Papalii and Hodgson
Agree.
Id add Wighton because of the Origin workload.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Hard to believe the shift in less than 24 hours from us being a rubbish team who can’t win anything to being a team who can afford to rest key players the week before the finals!

Injuries that will improve get a rest, everyone else turns up and wins the game.

You want to go into the finals coming off a strong win not a loss that you can pretend doesn’t matter because you rested key players. It’s the wrong attitude and wrong mentality. You need to go into finals wanting to win everything!

If the job is done give some players an early shower.