Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Josh Dugan?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Josh Dugan?

Post by greeneyed »

Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Strange beast, time. It can be enough to heal wounds and make lasting scars fade. Maybe Josh Dugan doesn't need it given the Cronulla Sharks star prides himself on silencing critics.

"That ship sailed long ago but I still cop it when I go down there," Dugan said. "It's water off a duck's back, it always has been, but it's always going to be good to come up against your mates that you grew up with.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Luffto
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Pigman

Re: NRL: Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Post by Luffto »

Nah, get ****
Luffto
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Pigman

Re: NRL: Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Post by Luffto »

"Perhaps only then will the howls of criticism, which Dugan maintains are "water off a duck's back", be reduced to a whisper."

Haha yeah it's really water off a duck's back that he started getting booed when he came off injured last year and started to give it back to the crowd
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Hahaha. No. I hope that he EDIT. He can get ****.
Last edited by Dr Zaius on August 31, 2019, 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Nope. There will never be a time to forgive the way he behaved towards our club.

He **** all over our club, teammates and fan base, then promptly continues proving what a second rate human he is by getting his Brisbane contract withdrawn for telling someone to end himself.

Tell your story walking ****.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Seems like it’s a resounding no.

No from me too.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Hell no

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Never heard of her.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

No. Next question...
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The answer is no.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Look it’s been a while and maybe.... nah only kidding screw him!!
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance

Post by Organised Chaos »

Bwahahah yeah... no

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I would be open for the GH bringing back a scumbag filter for Dugan

**** him forever
Organised Chaos
Dean Lance

Post by Organised Chaos »

PigRickman wrote:I would be open for the GH bringing back a scumbag filter for Dugan

**** him forever
We can’t have both? Scumbag and Softserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I propose we filter Dugan to soft serve

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Very hard to forgive somebody who's never showed any contrition or remorse for way he left the club.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

He'll probably carve up tomorrow Image

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Surely he should autocorrect to Cruiser
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: August 31, 2019, 7:59 pm He'll probably carve up tomorrow Image

Or he'll fake injury and limp from the field like the cat he is...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

He's an arrogant so and so.

He and Carney both betrayed this club through sheer idiocy, arrogance and behind the scenes NRL corruption.

Self entitled idiots that I'll never respect.

yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

How about the other week, he’s putting his finger to his face to “shoosh” critics after scoring a try in which my grandma would’ve scored (and she’s dead).

Never apologised to the club and the fans that he literally stuck it up to.

Embarrassing bloke.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I look forward to Croker burying him again. The captain loves to crunch him.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

That's a no from me.
(Channeling Simon Cowell)
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

To be honest he is irrelevant. I don't wish him any ill will as he doesn't cross my mind except for when he's playing.
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

Look, there’s a lot of things I can forgive Dugan for but bringing the club into such disrepute by drinking cruisers I will never get over. Dark days for the raiders there.
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

Yeah nah
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Roger Kenworthy wrote:To be honest he is irrelevant. I don't wish him any ill will as he doesn't cross my mind except for when he's playing.
Yeah, nah **** 'im
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

No he can rot. He is such a **** human. Zero redeeming features. Massive cat who is responsible for some of the darkest hours of this club.
King of bogan filth.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

I find him much harder to take than Carney. Carney is an idiot, but I don’t believe he thought he was above the club. He didn’t think anything - that was his problem. Dugan genuinely believed he was better than the club, and treated it with disdain. His game against Penrith in 2013 before cruisergate was as close to tanking as you can get as a professional sportsman. A resounding no from me.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: August 31, 2019, 4:38 pm NRL: Is it time for Canberra Raiders fans to forgive Cronulla Sharks star Josh Dugan?

Strange beast, time. It can be enough to heal wounds and make lasting scars fade. Maybe Josh Dugan doesn't need it given the Cronulla Sharks star prides himself on silencing critics.

"That ship sailed long ago but I still cop it when I go down there," Dugan said. "It's water off a duck's back, it always has been, but it's always going to be good to come up against your mates that you grew up with.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/ ... /?cs=14239
Since when did he grow up. He is an arrogant peanut who thought he was too good for the Raiders and then when picked for SOO showed arrogance there too. It cost him a Rep jersey. He went grovelling back to Freddy who said 'Where's your deodorant Josh - You Stink!'.
In answer to the question I'll quote Gus Gould: 'No, No, No, No, No'.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

gangrenous wrote: August 31, 2019, 8:23 pm I look forward to Croker burying him again. The captain loves to crunch him.
It's always such a delight to see our mild-mannered skipper go all rage beast mode and throw him to the ground.

Obviously, the answer is no, never, and I can't believe the Canberra Times of all people would even consider it. I expect this sort of idiotic question from a Sydney paper, not the Canberra one.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

TongueFTW wrote: August 31, 2019, 10:07 pm I find him much harder to take than Carney. Carney is an idiot, but I don’t believe he thought he was above the club. He didn’t think anything - that was his problem. Dugan genuinely believed he was better than the club, and treated it with disdain. His game against Penrith in 2013 before cruisergate was as close to tanking as you can get as a professional sportsman. A resounding no from me.
Carney was actually an elite player at his best though. Dugan is a journeyman.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

When Dugan admits and believes he stuffed up at the raiders, origin ect and acknowledges the powers that be did what they had to do then i will consider it.

At the moment while dugan still believes he is the victim here then no go.

The fact that croker ( the sweetest guy going around) stands by carney ( who really only hurt himself) and shows an absolute need to break dugan in half every chance he gets says a lot to me.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

No.

Also, let's stop calling him a cat. I've had some awesome cats, including one who cleared the rooftops of all the other cats that dissed her when we moved into our townhouse complex. My wife's now long-gone cat (old age) used to beat up and scare the dobermans next door. He should be so lucky to be a cat.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

No bloody chance!