29%
Sharks 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Re: 2019 Rd 24 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

Green Taipan wrote: Let's not forget the Sharks are not even a top 8 side and a huge amount of luck got us the win. They scored 3 tries and if Johnson had played we probably would have been chasing 18 pts. Also, Dugan didn't play the 2nd half and Graham was off in ET.
Someone should buy you an NRL ladder for Christmas
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

gangrenous wrote:Ends up a convincing win to the Raiders 32-14.

Paul Gallen has a massive cry.
Well I got the Sharks score right... and probably the Gallen bit.

2/3 ain’t bad ImageImage
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

If Crapnulla had a decent goal kicker throughout this season they'd be well entrenched in the 8.

Bug..they don't.

And AGAIN today they lose after scoring more tries..

Poor ole Capt Peptide.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:44 pm
Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:42 pm
Begbie wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:39 pm Hey fellas, who is the bloke providing special comments in the box? I know warren smith was commentating.
Griffin.
Peter Griffin.
Kathy
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:So tapatalk just scammed me out of 23 bucks to be ad-free for life

Seems like a bargain really, wonder what the catch is?
GH app and the site are freeImage

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raider_Boy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Pappa

Post by Raider_Boy »

B b b bird bird bird.....the bird is the word
Member #6381
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Watching the replay - Gallen was put back on with 3 minutes to go, probably to bask in the glory.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:59 pm
Begbie wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:39 pm Hey fellas, who is the bloke providing special comments in the box? I know warren smith was commentating.
Griffin.
Peter Griffin.
Kathy
:lol: I can’t stand that person.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

yeh raiders wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:59 pm
Griffin.
Peter Griffin.
Kathy
:lol: I can’t stand that person.
My dog doing random barking mid game provided more game insight and better English than Griffin.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Azza wrote:
Ultima wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:41 pm
-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:33 pm
Azza wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:03 pm
-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:58 pm This guy...Image
I wasn't worried either. Away from home we have been outstanding this year.
The GF is away from home Azza... :thumbsup
Week one final is away from home as well. Having a stronger away from home game could be massively in our favour. If we win round one of the finals, do we even get a home final? Pretty sure "regional" stadiums aren't an option for the preliminaries :(
Come on mate, get with the times. The NRL changed that rule beginning of the year.
I actually don’t want a home game. We play better away
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

dubby wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:42 pm Tell you what. I thought Croker was quicker than that. He was in sand there.

One complaint about our side - we lack genuine speed.

pretty clear watching us that we have trained quite seriously for 20-30m of power. Once past that they tire quickly.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote:
The Rickman wrote:So tapatalk just scammed me out of 23 bucks to be ad-free for life

Hahaha greenhouse app. I wouldn’t use that on principle after seeing what it does to your posts!
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

The Rickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:07 pm
Wiki Special wrote:
BadnMean wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:52 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:41 pm When Tapine and BJ come back I think Sutton should drop out of the squad. His hands are bad
It’s going to be very interesting what Ricky does. Cotric finally found his mojo. Do you stuff him around yet again just to suit BJ who is short of a gallop and did his ill discipline rep no favours last week?

Sutton won’t get dropped. Young will miss out. But Sutton hasn’t impressed me the back end of the year.

I’ve been banging on for weeks that Lui shouldn’t be allowed to strip. Even if he did do it clean the refs would ping him because he’s a nobody and they want to show they have stripping under control and balanced.
I honestly think Leilua comes back in 14 for Week 1 of the Finals.
Straight back into the centres for me
Same for me. We had our best win o the year his first game back. We are a much better team coming out of our end with him in. I'll throw the dice on the dumb stuff.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I'm loving the FoxLeague finals footy ad involved our boys.

It's only a minute or two but it's good.

They played it in the pre game and I'm sure it will get plenty of run time from here on in..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Sezer is half for the rest of this season but we are all comfortable that there is an upgrade coming next year. Croker is centre for the rest of this season but we seriously need to be looking at a Plan B. He rushed up twice on shark tries today and seems to have lost his pace. It’s not a popular conversation but it needs to be had!
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

LastRaider wrote:
Azza wrote:
Ultima wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:41 pm
-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:33 pm
Azza wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:03 pm I wasn't worried either. Away from home we have been outstanding this year.
The GF is away from home Azza... :thumbsup
Week one final is away from home as well. Having a stronger away from home game could be massively in our favour. If we win round one of the finals, do we even get a home final? Pretty sure "regional" stadiums aren't an option for the preliminaries :(
Come on mate, get with the times. The NRL changed that rule beginning of the year.
I actually don’t want a home game. We play better away
Agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Now we have secured top 4, I hope we rest a swag of players next week.

CNK, Bateman, Papa and Croker look like they could do with a rest and recharge next week
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

The Rickman wrote:
dubby wrote:

Hahaha greenhouse app. I wouldn’t use that on principle after seeing what it does to your posts!
way worse quoting than mine around!

NR has had an embolism or something.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

LastRaider wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:47 pm Now we have secured top 4, I hope we rest a swag of players next week.

CNK, Bateman, Papa and Croker look like they could do with a rest and recharge next week
Not for me. I’d like to see them put together some good form and develop some confidence going into finals with a good showing against the Warriors. Happy for Ricky to put the cue in the rack and give the bench big minutes once the job is done but momentum is important this time of year.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Any injuries?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

Billy Walker wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:40 pm Sezer is half for the rest of this season but we are all comfortable that there is an upgrade coming next year. Croker is centre for the rest of this season but we seriously need to be looking at a Plan B. He rushed up twice on shark tries today and seems to have lost his pace. It’s not a popular conversation but it needs to be had!
Croker is going nowhere. Great player and clubman. I’d be shocked if he ever left.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Green Taipan wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:35 pm
Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:17 pm
Azza wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:11 pm
Green Taipan wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:10 pm That was a very fragile win. Play like that against Mel, Chooks, Bunnies and we are toast. Ricky has to have word with Hodgson to tone it down; he is not as good as he thinks he is. Also, Jack's erratic kicking needs to be fixed fast. On today's performance I can't see us stringing together enough wins to get us to the GF. Hope I'm wrong and Lady Luck smiles on us!
I'm not too worried. It was a very intense month of football and hard to stay up with 'on' performances every week. We still found a way to win.
With you Azza. The team was flat as a tack after a big month and the Sharks were playing near their peak. It's a sign of a good team when you find a way to get the points when things aren't going well for you.
Let's not forget the Sharks are not even a top 8 side and a huge amount of luck got us the win. They scored 3 tries and if Johnson had played we probably would have been chasing 18 pts. Also, Dugan didn't play the 2nd half and Graham was off in ET.
Let’s also not forget that was a team playing to keep its grip on a finals spot, on a Sunday arvo, with a sell out home crowd, and farewelling the clubs greatest player, who every man in that footy team worships and busted their **** to send off

35 minutes of decent footy was enough to overcome their best shot.

I swear some people on here would whinge about how high we held the trophy on GF day
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

LastRaider wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:47 pm Now we have secured top 4, I hope we rest a swag of players next week.

Agree.
I reckon Rick will name a few extras in the squad, and we’ll see Papalii, CNK, Bateman and Hodgson rested.
Havili at 9
Simmo at 1
Guler and Young into the team.
Tarps will probably be back.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Just watched the pressers...

😂 We broke Paul Gallen. He is absolutely devastated and said as much.

Ricky looked and sounded very relaxed. I think he knows where we are at and knows we are perfectly primed to peak at the right time if we can tighten up a couple things.
Up The Milk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Billy Walker wrote:Sezer is half for the rest of this season but we are all comfortable that there is an upgrade coming next year. Croker is centre for the rest of this season but we seriously need to be looking at a Plan B. He rushed up twice on shark tries today and seems to have lost his pace. It’s not a popular conversation but it needs to be had!
Different week, same **** dribble. Croker doesn't make that 60m run, we might not win today. But you keep on with your **** agenda Billy.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Billy Walker wrote:Sezer is half for the rest of this season but we are all comfortable that there is an upgrade coming next year. Croker is centre for the rest of this season but we seriously need to be looking at a Plan B. He rushed up twice on shark tries today and seems to have lost his pace. It’s not a popular conversation but it needs to be had!
Good grief “Billy”, just **** can it for a week, can you?
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

GreenMachine wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:56 pm
Billy Walker wrote: September 1, 2019, 6:40 pm Sezer is half for the rest of this season but we are all comfortable that there is an upgrade coming next year. Croker is centre for the rest of this season but we seriously need to be looking at a Plan B. He rushed up twice on shark tries today and seems to have lost his pace. It’s not a popular conversation but it needs to be had!
Croker is going nowhere. Great player and clubman. I’d be shocked if he ever left.
He'll never leave, and no-one in their right mind would ever want him to.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Pretty sure that conversation has been had and had and had.

2 weeks ago he was the captain who scored a double as we knocked off the competition leaders in the clubs greatest ever regular season comeback.

This week he takes a ball in the in-goal, not only escapes the in goal but gets himself through a gap, sprints 70m downfield to set up the winning try. And that's one of the grounds for dropping him? Good grief. Oh and the goal kicking didn't hurt (well didn't hurt us, crap goal kicking sure hurt the Sharks).

He missed a tackle he should have stuck, that's for sure. But we only conceded 14 points. That's the premiership winning average right? Our defence is going ok.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Just saw Hors with his shirt off - imagine how good he’s going to be when someone buys him a gym membership. 😂
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2019 Rd 24 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

BadnMean wrote:

2 weeks ago he was the captain who scored a double as we knocked off the competition leaders in the clubs greatest ever regular season comeback.

This week he takes a ball in the in-goal, not only escapes the in goal but gets himself through a gap, sprints 70m downfield to set up the winning try. And that's one of the grounds for dropping him? Good grief. Oh and the goal kicking didn't hurt (well didn't hurt us, crap goal kicking sure hurt the Sharks).

He missed a tackle he should have stuck, that's for sure. But we only conceded 14 points. That's the premiership winning average right? Our defence is going ok.
And 2 weeks ago billy decided he wanted to drop Joey Leilua instead... absolutely no idea that guy

I guess some trolls never change their spots
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

The Rickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 7:24 pm
BadnMean wrote:

And 2 weeks ago billy decided he wanted to drop Joey Leilua instead... absolutely no idea that guy

I guess some trolls never change their spots
Were you happy with JCs game today Nick?
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Yes, I thought he had a pretty good game, came up with the clutch plays when it counted (his 70m run, kicked both goals)

Good captain’s knock
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

JC was fine but he made two bad reads. Well actually one bad read + not completing what was a good read. His play outside of that was really good I thought

We did really well not to be just blown off the park in the first 40 minutes. We are sitting third. There isn't a lot wrong with the team
Last edited by Pete Cash on September 1, 2019, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Croker's read for the first try was not great, that try is absolutely on him. I dont think you can pin the 3rd try on him, after the offload it's 3 on 3, the sharks have a backrower, centre and winger on Whitehead, Wighton and Simo... they should shut that down 10 times out of 10.

He played a role in us being down 12-0, and played a role in us winning the game. Match changing play, and kicked his goals in a stiff wind when his opposite couldnt hit water falling out of a boat.

I though Sezer and Hodgson were the same. Very poor games from them over the 90 minutes (or there abouts) but ultimately Hodgson dominated at the back half of the second half and got us going forard, Sezer went 3/3 on FGs and won the game.

They made up for it in the end.
GreenMachine
Jason Croker

Post by GreenMachine »

Croker does way more good than bad.
Last player I’d consider ever dropping.

I was surprised when Morris caught him. Thought he was faster!