Sharks 13+
14%

Total votes: 14

Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Rd 24 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Hong Kong Raider wrote:When Tapine and BJ come back I think Sutton should drop out of the squad. His hands are bad
I also think Hudson young hasn’t been as impressive since the long lay off. I know it may be a case of lack of game time but we are now at the business end of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

That was sensational..just a few things from me..

- Did someone put lead in Crokers shorts ? When he broke free I thought shut the gate..try time.
- Bateman..I want your babies.
- GWilliams better deliver cuz Aidan Sezer is playing outta his skin.
- WE JUST KICKED THE SHARKIES ****..sing along wit me !!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

OK I've stopped dying.... **** me they trying to kill off some fans so there are some extra finals tickets available or something?
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

That is the second time we have beaten the Sharks this season after conceding more tries in the match.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:41 pm When Tapine and BJ come back I think Sutton should drop out of the squad. His hands are bad
It’s going to be very interesting what Ricky does. Cotric finally found his mojo. Do you stuff him around yet again just to suit BJ who is short of a gallop and did his ill discipline rep no favours last week?

Sutton won’t get dropped. Young will miss out. But Sutton hasn’t impressed me the back end of the year.

I’ve been banging on for weeks that Lui shouldn’t be allowed to strip. Even if he did do it clean the refs would ping him because he’s a nobody and they want to show they have stripping under control and balanced.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 12:31 pm I'm confident of a win.

Let's just block out the bogan home crowd and all the emotion with Capt Peptide.

Concentrate on what we do..

#bleedgreen
This guy...👍
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Geez, if there’s one thing Ricky Stuart needs to be drilling into his boys this week, it’s stop kicking the **** ball dead!

That was the big difference between the teams tonight, how often we kicked it dead, almost lost us the game
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

BadnMean wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:52 pm
Hong Kong Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:41 pm When Tapine and BJ come back I think Sutton should drop out of the squad. His hands are bad
It’s going to be very interesting what Ricky does. Cotric finally found his mojo. Do you stuff him around yet again just to suit BJ who is short of a gallop and did his ill discipline rep no favours last week?

Sutton won’t get dropped. Young will miss out. But Sutton hasn’t impressed me the back end of the year.

I’ve been banging on for weeks that Lui shouldn’t be allowed to strip. Even if he did do it clean the refs would ping him because he’s a nobody and they want to show they have stripping under control and balanced.
I honestly think Leilua comes back in 14 for Week 1 of the Finals.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 4:58 pm

Let's just block out the bogan home crowd and all the emotion with Capt Peptide.

#bleedgreen
This guy...👍
I wasn't worried either. Away from home we have been outstanding this year.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

1992 wrote: September 1, 2019, 2:50 pm
raiderskater wrote: September 1, 2019, 2:48 pm That was the stupidest thing I've ever seen.
Not a word.
Yes, it is.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Wiki Special wrote:

Straight back into the centres for me
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

That was a very fragile win. Play like that against Mel, Chooks, Bunnies and we are toast. Ricky has to have word with Hodgson to tone it down; he is not as good as he thinks he is. Also, Jack's erratic kicking needs to be fixed fast. On today's performance I can't see us stringing together enough wins to get us to the GF. Hope I'm wrong and Lady Luck smiles on us!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

2019 Rd 24 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

So tapatalk just scammed me out of 23 bucks to be ad-free for life

Seems like a bargain really, wonder what the catch is?
Last edited by The Nickman on September 1, 2019, 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Green Taipan wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:10 pm That was a very fragile win. Play like that against Mel, Chooks, Bunnies and we are toast. Ricky has to have word with Hodgson to tone it down; he is not as good as he thinks he is. Also, Jack's erratic kicking needs to be fixed fast. On today's performance I can't see us stringing together enough wins to get us to the GF. Hope I'm wrong and Lady Luck smiles on us!
I'm not too worried. It was a very intense month of football and hard to stay up with 'on' performances every week. We still found a way to win.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins

Post by Green Taipan »

The Rickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:07 pm
Wiki Special wrote:

Crazy; I wouldn't let BJ anywhere near the team this year. He is no where match-fit enough for final's footie and his hot-headed temperament is a massive danger.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins

Post by Green Taipan »

The Rickman wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:07 pm
Wiki Special wrote:

Crazy; I wouldn't let BJ anywhere near the team this year. He is no where match-fit enough for final's footie and his hot-headed temperament is a massive danger.
Gold member 2023
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Azza wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:11 pm
Green Taipan wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:10 pm That was a very fragile win. Play like that against Mel, Chooks, Bunnies and we are toast. Ricky has to have word with Hodgson to tone it down; he is not as good as he thinks he is. Also, Jack's erratic kicking needs to be fixed fast. On today's performance I can't see us stringing together enough wins to get us to the GF. Hope I'm wrong and Lady Luck smiles on us!
I'm not too worried. It was a very intense month of football and hard to stay up with 'on' performances every week. We still found a way to win.
Let’s not forget, that’s Paul Gallen’s last game at that ground
Every single guy to a man gave every ounce of themselves to that performance to send off a guy they absolutely love

We got the best shot they can possibly give and it wasn’t good enough to beat 40 minutes of solid to good footy from us

This was a good, tough and hard win.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

With you Azza. The team was flat as a tack after a big month and the Sharks were playing near their peak. It's a sign of a good team when you find a way to get the points when things aren't going well for you.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

The Greenhouse wrote: September 1, 2019, 3:21 pm 50th min TRY RAIDERS to Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad. Great pass Hodgson. Jarrod Croker converts.

Sharks 12-6
Hodgson doing what is required when the game is hanging on a ledge, again.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

starting with panthers away it's been a tough run
Edrick The Entertainer
GreenMachine
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by GreenMachine »

We took their opening punches we’ll.
Agree Hodgson (on more than one occasion this year) seems to overplay in big matches.
Proud of this team.
If 3rd spot is locked in by kickoff, I hope Rick gives Papalii, Hodgson, CNK and Bateman a rest. No need to risk them.
I give us a chance against the Roosters...we owe them one.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

bonehead wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:24 pm starting with panthers away it's been a tough run
It could have been a disaster, this run, but we've come out of it well - only disappointment is our performances at home, but hopefully we have learned a lot from those games.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Redhorse is doing some hard stuff recently..

The dudes got a big motor.

And I still can't get my head around Toots being run down.. :lol:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Happy Father's day you magnificent bastards.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Hong Kong Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Hong Kong Raider »

One thing to bear in mind is we really haven't played to our maximum potential in the last 4 weeks. Against the Roosters we made mistakes (CNK dropping bombs etc), Melbourne two sin binnings, Manly dumb play and penalties while Cronulla we kicked out and gave 7 tackle sets, last tackle option poor yet we were still in the game. I don't think our attack has fired and we can do better. Rapana and Cotric were back to some form today.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Azza wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:03 pm

#bleedgreen
This guy...👍
The GF is away from home Azza... :thumbsup
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins

Post by Green Taipan »

Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:17 pm
With you Azza. The team was flat as a tack after a big month and the Sharks were playing near their peak. It's a sign of a good team when you find a way to get the points when things aren't going well for you.
Let's not forget the Sharks are not even a top 8 side and a huge amount of luck got us the win. They scored 3 tries and if Johnson had played we probably would have been chasing 18 pts. Also, Dugan didn't play the 2nd half and Graham was off in ET.
Gold member 2023
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Hey fellas, who is the bloke providing special comments in the box? I know warren smith was commentating.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Green Taipan wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:35 pm
Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:17 pm
Let's not forget the Sharks are not even a top 8 side and a huge amount of luck got us the win. They scored 3 tries and if Johnson had played we probably would have been chasing 18 pts. Also, Dugan didn't play the 2nd half and Graham was off in ET.
Yep, and we got the points. We've lost those games in the past. Also a lot to improve on. If that was the best we can offer I'd be concerned. It's not so I'm not.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:33 pm

#bleedgreen
This guy...👍
Week one final is away from home as well. Having a stronger away from home game could be massively in our favour. If we win round one of the finals, do we even get a home final? Pretty sure "regional" stadiums aren't an option for the preliminaries :(
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Begbie wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:39 pm Hey fellas, who is the bloke providing special comments in the box? I know warren smith was commentating.
Griffin.
Begbie
Laurie Daley

Post by Begbie »

Thanks. He goes well.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Ultima wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:41 pm
-PJ- wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:33 pm

#bleedgreen
This guy...👍
Week one final is away from home as well. Having a stronger away from home game could be massively in our favour. If we win round one of the finals, do we even get a home final? Pretty sure "regional" stadiums aren't an option for the preliminaries :(
Come on mate, get with the times. The NRL changed that rule beginning of the year.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Northern Raider wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:42 pm
Begbie wrote: September 1, 2019, 5:39 pm Hey fellas, who is the bloke providing special comments in the box? I know warren smith was commentating.
Griffin.
Peter Griffin.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Neeeegz wrote:
Archer wrote:How the **** are people seriously saying we'll only be making up the numbers in the finals, what, because we'd never stand a chance against a team like storm? Take a deep breath
We beat one top six side all season. Take off your green glasses for a minute.

Sent from my SM-J530Y using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Well one of them is tough to beat because it’s us, and I think you’ll find we’ve beaten 2 others.